Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 80.
    #2801 2 years ago

Join me as I install Surround Sound Feedback in Radiant Silverball:

1 week later
    #2802 2 years ago

Alright. Got the pf mounts in place, just decided to go with a simple wooden rail system like on pre-hinge/slider system pins. The only real woodworking I have left is to drill out holes for magna-save/secondary flipper buttons. I ordered a forstner bit for the job. Once that's in and I drill the flipper button holes, I'll be able to put the vpin in it's final home and start assembling the system.

IMG-20211017-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20211017-WA0000 (resized).jpg20211017_110508 (resized).jpg20211017_110508 (resized).jpg20211017_110443 (resized).jpg20211017_110443 (resized).jpg
    #2803 2 years ago

Drilled out the extra holes for the 2nd set of flipper buttons tonight. Need the extra buttons for games with magna saves or games with double flippers like Munsters.

Forstner bit made it super easy to get really clean holes. Had to drill partway through on both sides for the main button body and fastener, and then a smaller hole all the ways through for the plunger portion of the button. Happy with how they came out. It helped that I could work off of the original button holes in the cabinet.

Picture is from before I drilled the smaller through hole.

20211020_183610 (resized).jpg20211020_183610 (resized).jpg
    #2804 2 years ago

I have a virtual pin in central Florida I'm looking to trade for a DECENT MAME system or real pin if anyone is interested.

1 month later
    #2805 2 years ago

this thread has been quiet for a while. A bit on my mind is vpx 10.7 beta. I haven’t tried it yet because I feel a bit too much the noob and am afraid I’ll screw something up. What are other folks doing right now with this? Is it going to be a big change? Based on the way 10.7 playfields are rendered with 10.6 I’m guessing there are some big changes coming with the playfield appearance.

#2806 2 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

this thread has been quiet for a while. A bit on my mind is vpx 10.7 beta. I haven’t tried it yet because I feel a bit too much the noob and am afraid I’ll screw something up. What are other folks doing right now with this? Is it going to be a big change? Based on the way 10.7 playfields are rendered with 10.6 I’m guessing there are some big changes coming with the playfield appearance.

Create a folder in your existing vpx directory and place the contents of the 10.7 zip file within it. You can run it from there and I think you can setup an alt config to use the 10.7 executable in pinup popper. You can have both on your machine at the same time and they will share the vpmame setup. There are not many 10.7 specific tables yet but the ones that do exist are nice. I think I have 3 on my machine. I have not configured my vpin to only be 10.7 yet. I've noticed a few issues with older tables that has me keeping 10.6 as the primary.

#2807 2 years ago
    Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Create a folder in your existing vpx directory and place the contents of the 10.7 zip file within it. You can run it from there and I think you can setup an alt config to use the 10.7 executable in pinup popper. You can have both on your machine at the same time and they will share the vpmame setup. There are not many 10.7 specific tables yet but the ones that do exist are nice. I think I have 3 on my machine. I have not configured my vpin to only be 10.7 yet. I've noticed a few issues with older tables that has me keeping 10.6 as the primary.

Thanks for that. That sounds almost too easy! So if I unzip the 10.7 file in a separate directory I just start 10.7 executable first and then load a 10.7 table ? What about the other adjustments like buttons, dof config, screen setup, b2f, pinscape, etc. Some of these will have to be done again for 10.7 won’t they?

#2808 2 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

Thanks for that. That sounds almost too easy! So if I unzip the 10.7 file in a separate directory I just start 10.7 executable first and then load a 10.7 table ? What about the other adjustments like buttons, dof config, screen setup, b2f, pinscape, etc. Some of these will have to be done again for 10.7 won’t they?

I believe they share the same config. It really was that easy. unzip to a different directory and load the 10.7 files with it

#2809 2 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

Based on the way 10.7 playfields are rendered with 10.6 I’m guessing there are some big changes coming with the playfield appearance.

There are no or almost no visual rendering improvements in 10.7. Lots of interface stuff but folks saying they see a big difference are kidding themselves.

1 week later
    #2810 2 years ago

So, don't order this sort of motor, not even for an unloaded gear motor, mine burned out last night, and I'd only installed it back in AUGUST of this year. So a lifespan of four months. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DYH1ZDH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

1 week later
    #2811 2 years ago

Does anyone have the installer for Visual Pinball X6? It seems to be missing from the website.

I have the X6.2 standalone, but it doesn't run due to a missing dll. I'm hoping the installer will have it.

#2812 2 years ago
    Quoted from baxelrod:

Does anyone have the installer for Visual Pinball X6? It seems to be missing from the website.
    I have the X6.2 standalone, but it doesn't run due to a missing dll. I'm hoping the installer will have it.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11573

#2813 2 years ago

Success! For some reason that link wasn't working a few days ago, but it's working now. Thanks!

#2814 2 years ago

looking to buy a new virtual machine. would like a newer Stern Style machine with the bigger display. don't wanna buy from the commercial builders..

#2815 2 years ago

Nice to see that LG is releasing a 42 oled tv…. Should be good for an pinball table I would think… cost aside.

#2816 2 years ago

Anyone have a virtual pinball machine they want to sell ?

#2817 2 years ago

anyone know who builds and sells Stern Style Virtual machines or knows anyone that has one for sale Thanks

#2818 2 years ago

Hi everybody, just want to show you what I have been working on for quite some time now. A mini digital pinball machine. It uses an Ipad, has analog plunger and nudging, low latency flipper response and works with ALL Ipad pinball apps (Zen, Willams, Pinball Arcade Apple Arcade etc.) And I have a surprise as well I will talk about later. Besides developing I play on it every day myself and am really very happy with the results. I plan on doing a Kickstarter.
    I really like pinball like all of you and own several tables. I have a passion for digital pinball as well. But unfortunately not everybody has space to put a large cabinet and has the money to buy one. I want to change that. If everything works out like I hope a software house like Zen Studios will listen to us more and improve their tables etc. The digital pinball community will benefit.
    The Ipad has a great, sharp glossy screen and constant smooth gameplay. No complicated settings or long bootup time. Perfect for pinball. But holding an Ipad and tapping a screen is not that much fun. After a while I noticed I simply missed the feeling and didn't play the apps that much anymore. A shame because I do like the actual apps and tables. So I started to really look into the problem and decided to start my project. Inside are custom electronics and software. If you're not playing you can simply slide your Ipad out again. The picture is a photo of an actual prototype I took a few days ago playing Big Shot on pinball Arcade. The small lockbar is a bit dented...
    There is still work to be done and I can make changes. Let me know what you think and would like in a small cabinet like this or have ideas. I will upload more information and gameplay videos the coming weeks. Thanks!

Ben Voors
    mtm.jpgmtm.jpg

#2819 2 years ago

I converted a Toyshock pinball to run a Nintendo Switch. It has flippers and nudge buttons so far. I Haven’t solved the launch yet so I’m leaving that spot open and using the A button. Can play all FX, Demons Tilt, Stern, Farsight, and Zaccaria games so far.

15E19472-634D-4E31-AE27-F94912F044DF (resized).jpeg15E19472-634D-4E31-AE27-F94912F044DF (resized).jpegC1B333CB-5E78-4E13-A4E6-1672384B1F04 (resized).jpegC1B333CB-5E78-4E13-A4E6-1672384B1F04 (resized).jpegCE3C3F9E-A846-49A0-9175-E967C80197BC (resized).jpegCE3C3F9E-A846-49A0-9175-E967C80197BC (resized).jpeg
    #2820 2 years ago

Anybody ever buy a prebuilt machine from thepinballking?

#2821 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

Have not dealt with them, but I would be a bit cautious on their top end machine. I would call that PC underpowered for 4k and good framerate.

#2822 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

I ordered a machine from him but he couldn’t get a graphics card so I canceled and built a switch powered one. He’s a super nice guy and I spoke with him on the phone several times. He refunded my money no problem after a few weeks of back and forth.

#2823 2 years ago

don't like the machines from pinball king. too much lighting. to much distraction with flashy lights while focusing on pinball. the Aussie Dude from RetroPlay has some really nice machines. interested in buying from there. there's such a high mark up on buying a VP machine from the commercial sellers. find someone in the hobby that built a machine to assist in building and you will save alot of money.

#2824 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

don't like the machines from pinball king. too much lighting. to much distraction with flashy lights while focusing on pinball. the Aussie Dude from RetroPlay has some really nice machines. interested in buying from there. there's such a high mark up on buying a VP machine from the commercial sellers. find someone in the hobby that built a machine to assist in building and you will save alot of money.

Just be aware that most of the "virtual pinball community and creators" really don't like (hate with a passion would be more accurate) anything and everything to do with RetroPlay and his blatant ignoring of the community rules around selling machines with the software and tables pre-loaded. He has also ripped off other people's graphical work for cabinet art, etc.

I'm NOT the "copyright police" or "rules police" about this at all, just communicating that buying from him may cause "problems" for others when you need support. Maybe not, but I wanted to mention the general hate for that guy's attitude and actions of profiting from others' work that makes people furious so that you knew what you might come across later.

#2825 2 years ago

Problem w/ buying a v-pin is you always need to know how it works update, add new tables Etc...

#2826 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Problem w/ buying a v-pin is you always need to know how it works update, add new tables Etc...

Yeah I'd be pretty wary buying a pin all set up with software. If something breaks you're going to be in for a real headache trying to figure it all out later. If you do it yourself you know what needs to be done to fix it.

#2827 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Yeah I'd be pretty wary buying a pin all set up with software. If something breaks you're going to be in for a real headache trying to figure it all out later. If you do it yourself you know what needs to be done to fix it.

Exactly!! people sadly don't really get it & drop a ton of money on one then it goes down & they have no clue how to fix lol

#2828 2 years ago

Agreed. I am building one now and as much as it can be a pain, I have learned a lot and can fix a lot of issues already. There is a certain satisfaction with building your own as well.

#2829 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Second this as my 10 year old nephew just worked his magic on my Virtual pin over the holidays...PC wasn't even able to boot by the time he finished. Then, once I did get it to boot, half the tables didn't play properly. Thank god I had a Clone of the HDD from Day 1

#2830 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Second this as my 10 year old nephew just worked his magic on my Virtual pin over the holidays...PC wasn't even able to boot by the time he finished. Then, once I did get it to boot, half the tables didn't play properly. Thank god I had a Clone of the HDD from Day 1

Yeah as much as I love the work the community has done in the virtual pin world it's very much a hodge podge of programs on top of programs and when things go wrong sometimes it's impossible to figure out without just resetting everything.

For some reason half the time my GF tries to play our vpin she does something that makes it not work right. I typically have to reboot and make sure everything is turned on and loaded up in the right order. It can be very finicky and I'd be totally lost without having gone through the whole process once.

#2831 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Yeah as much as I love the work the community has done in the virtual pin world it's very much a hodge podge of programs on top of programs and when things go wrong sometimes it's impossible to figure out without just resetting everything.
    For some reason half the time my GF tries to play our vpin she does something that makes it not work right. I typically have to reboot and make sure everything is turned on and loaded up in the right order. It can be very finicky and I'd be totally lost without having gone through the whole process once.

Agreed! They seem way delicate and finicky for my taste. I didn't build one from the ground up and I admit I was very ignorant of the inner workings. The last 10 or so days have been an education to say the least. One thing I just learned very recently is that different versions of Visual Pin do not like to live on the same HDD. LOL.

#2832 2 years ago

Also, I'm making a clone of my recently installed clone. No way I'm not having a backup

#2833 2 years ago

Its no problem to have VP9, VP10.6 and VP10.7 all on the same hard drive and use a menu system to call the tables that need that specific engine.
    Many people use pinballx and pinbally. I am still using the old hyperpin front end. PC boots into the menu with all the tables ready to play, just scroll to what you want to play and pull the plunger (or whatever key you have to launch the table). Its all in the setup

Quoted from TomN:

Agreed! They seem way delicate and finicky for my taste. I didn't build one from the ground up and I admit I was very ignorant of the inner workings. The last 10 or so days have been an education to say the least. One thing I just learned very recently is that different versions of Visual Pin do not like to live on the same HDD. LOL.

#2834 2 years ago

Good to know. I must have messed something up during setup. As 9.9 stopped working after I installed X. It would toss error messages at me left and right.

#2835 2 years ago

Anyone here try VPX VR with an actual vpin so it feels like you're standing at the table?

I really liked it, more than playing on a screen by a long shot. I played better and understood the tables far better than on a screen.The problem is compatibility is not great with tables at the moment and worst of all, the headset gets so uncomfortable.

Looking down in a VR headset is a bad experience. It's heavy and tires your neck out and you have to constantly adjust it to find the sweet spot.
    The day that VR headsets wear like glasses is the day I invest in a full VR pin setup. In fact I think when VR is run of the mill and light/easy to use you will see a huge boost in vpin users.

#2836 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Anyone here try VPX VR with an actual vpin so it feels like you're standing at the table?
    I really liked it, more than playing on a screen by a long shot. I played better and understood the tables far better than on a screen.The problem is compatibility is not great with tables at the moment and worst of all, the headset gets so uncomfortable.
    Looking down in a VR headset is a bad experience. It's heavy and tires your neck out and you have to constantly adjust it to find the sweet spot.
    The day that VR headsets wear like glasses is the day I invest in a full VR pin setup. In fact I think when VR is run of the mill and light/easy to use you will see a huge boost in vpin users.

It's amazing feels like you really are playing that pin; I totally agree my oculus quest is uncomfortable so I can only play for short periods of time. Pretty awesome though!!

#2837 2 years ago

When they can make VR accessories not seem like some kind of bondage nightmare it might really catch on.. with occulous forehead anchors.. not so much.

BTW, I'm stuck on VP9 and am unwilling to go through the headache of the upgrade... and I built my simulator from scratch with full FFB on a core 2 duo of all things. I like what it is. I'm missing a bunch of new games, but it still scratches the itch.

#2838 2 years ago

That's mine.
    Cabinet is all scratchbuild by me.
    I bought the original stern stickers, that's all.
    4k resolution.

360B259F-6EEA-4D7C-9E5E-CBCE7CE1313C (resized).jpeg360B259F-6EEA-4D7C-9E5E-CBCE7CE1313C (resized).jpeg4B6AE905-2AAC-4678-B327-90FC76C190B1 (resized).jpeg4B6AE905-2AAC-4678-B327-90FC76C190B1 (resized).jpeg8C2C0CAA-B1A3-49A0-9AD8-E763FD10826E (resized).jpeg8C2C0CAA-B1A3-49A0-9AD8-E763FD10826E (resized).jpegBA895132-64FC-40AF-BD1E-CDA9EA8F9930 (resized).jpegBA895132-64FC-40AF-BD1E-CDA9EA8F9930 (resized).jpeg
    #2839 2 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

When they can make VR accessories not seem like some kind of bondage nightmare it might really catch on.. with occulous forehead anchors.. not so much.
    BTW, I'm stuck on VP9 and am unwilling to go through the headache of the upgrade... and I built my simulator from scratch with full FFB on a core 2 duo of all things. I like what it is. I'm missing a bunch of new games, but it still scratches the itch.

The baller installer makes things pretty easy to set up, but it's still a bit of a slog to get through. I'd only do it if there are some tables you really want to play that you can't get on 9.

#2840 2 years ago

Is Xtreme Gaming Cabinets as frowned upon by the community as Retroplay? He gives credit to the developers in his videos. Just curious before I order from him.

#2841 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Is Xtreme Gaming Cabinets as frowned upon by the community as Retroplay? He gives credit to the developers in his videos. Just curious before I order from him.

Pretty much all of the builders are if they include any Visual pinball or future pinball files. If they sell you a machine with commercially available software only (Pinball fx3, zaccaria pinball, etc) then the community won't get all worked up.

#2842 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Exactly!! people sadly don't really get it & drop a ton of money on one then it goes down & they have no clue how to fix lol

Anytime I have an issue with my Ultra VP I recieve great support. My SSD may be starting to go so they gave me instructions on how to back it up. Pretty simple, they provide instructions and sometimes video, dumb it down for anyone to understand. But yeah, its a computer and no one really knows how to fix them if they break unless you are into IT? No different than owning an arcade. Some manufactures may not offer support which is crap.

#2843 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Anytime I have an issue with my Ultra VP I recieve great support. My SSD may be starting to go so they gave me instructions on how to back it up. Pretty simple, they provide instructions and sometimes video, dumb it down for anyone to understand. But yeah, its a computer and no one really knows how to fix them if they break unless you are into IT? No different than owning an arcade. Some manufactures may not offer support which is crap.

But once again totally not cool that these machines are sold populated with developers hard work done to tables & dealers are making profit off their work

#2844 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Wow those are 8k lol I built mine for 2k

#2845 2 years ago
    Quoted from GibsonPinball:

Hi everybody, just want to show you what I have been working on for quite some time now. A mini digital pinball machine. It uses an Ipad, has analog plunger and nudging, low latency flipper response and works with ALL Ipad pinball apps (Zen, Willams, Pinball Arcade Apple Arcade etc.) And I have a surprise as well I will talk about later. Besides developing I play on it every day myself and am really very happy with the results. I plan on doing a Kickstarter.

[quoted image]

Now with a quick video

#2846 2 years ago

Awesome Build Bakchos That's the exactly the build I want. are you selling any? I would be interested in buying one. heres another
    Vp seller that offers a hardrive in the machine when you purchase. the hard drive comes from a third party. so basically the seller of his machine isn't responsible for providing the software. I agree Nicbuoi it's not right for Vp builders selling their product with preloaded tables. when I purchased my Vp custom built machine . the builder would not sell the machine with any tables installed on it. he did install the software so I could learn and mess around with it to install the tables on my own.
    it was tedious and pain in in ass trying to figure out the software . I have sold my machine and wanna purchase a new machine . I don't know how to build a machine so I have to go that route purchasing from a can seller. I don't care if I get tables loaded or not. the cab sellers should work something out with the authors too . and compensate them for their work being sold. anyone getting into the vp hobby that doesn't understand the software isn't going to shell out 7 or 8 grand and not be able to play pinball. for that price they expect it to turn on and start playing . iam sure VP Cabs sells preloaded machines too.
    https://www.recroomworld.com/UltraVP_Info.html

#2847 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Awesome Build Bakchos That's the exactly the build I want. are you selling any? I would be interested in buying one. heres another
    Vp seller that offers a hardrive in the machine when you purchase. the hard drive comes from a third party. so basically the seller of his machine isn't responsible for providing the software. I agree Nicbuoi it's not right for Vp builders selling their product with preloaded tables. when I purchased my Vp custom built machine . the builder would not sell the machine with any tables installed on it. he did install the software so I could learn and mess around with it to install the tables on my own.
    it was tedious and pain in in ass trying to figure out the software . I have sold my machine and wanna purchase a new machine . I don't know how to build a machine so I have to go that route purchasing from a can seller. I don't care if I get tables loaded or not. the cab sellers should work something out with the authors too . and compensate them for their work being sold. anyone getting into the vp hobby that doesn't understand the software isn't going to shell out 7 or 8 grand and not be able to play pinball. for that price they expect it to turn on and start playing . iam sure VP Cabs sells preloaded machines too.

While there are original virtual machines, the vast majority are recreations of real machines. The authors have no more right to make any money from those than the cab builders.

#2848 2 years ago

Thanks but I can never repay my time on that build. I love making them more than playing it lol

Quoted from gregh43:

#2849 2 years ago

Anyone offer any advice on cloning the HDD in a Virtual Pin? It's a VPcabs model. My 10 year old nephew worked his magic on it Christmas night. Totally fubar after he was done with it. Didn't even want to boot. I suspect he figured out how to turn it on and off, and did so several times and probably corrupted it. Lucky for me I had a cloned WD HDD and replaced the SSD that was in it. I'd like to get the SSD drive back. My plan was to make a new clone now that I have it all setup again. I bought a Samsung SSD 1TB drive. I would like to clone the WD HDD to the Samsung SSD so I am booting with the faster SSD drive instead of the platter drive. I would install the Samsung Data Migration software and create the clone on the Samsung SSD. Does anyone see a problem with this? My system is older, so it's running Windows 7 if it matters.

#2850 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Anyone offer any advice on cloning the HDD in a Virtual Pin? It's a VPcabs model. My 10 year old nephew worked his magic on it Christmas night. Totally fubar after he was done with it. Didn't even want to boot. I suspect he figured out how to turn it on and off, and did so several times and probably corrupted it. Lucky for me I had a cloned WD HDD and replaced the SSD that was in it. I'd like to get the SSD drive back. My plan was to make a new clone now that I have it all setup again. I bought a Samsung SSD 1TB drive. I would like to clone the WD HDD to the Samsung SSD so I am booting with the faster SSD drive instead of the platter drive. I would install the Samsung Data Migration software and create the clone on the Samsung SSD. Does anyone see a problem with this? My system is older, so it's running Windows 7 if it matters.

https://www.acronis.com/en-us/products/true-image/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIntnR_6ms9QIVM8qUCR2UtwNxEAAYASAAEgJp4vD_BwE

There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/57?hl=anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.