Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,802 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by DakotaMike
  • Topic is favorited by 204 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20211017-WA0000 (resized).jpg
    20211017_110508 (resized).jpg
    20211017_110443 (resized).jpg
    20211005_124646 (resized).jpg
    20211004_224623 (resized).jpg
    20210905_121812 (resized).jpg
    32head3 (resized).jpg
    28head2 (resized).jpg
    20210905_225043 (resized).jpg
    20210905_225134 (resized).jpg
    F2BDE49A-E77E-4C5C-A329-9045604C55AE (resized).jpeg
    7AEE20A7-FF7A-4463-A9F9-6CB0DCC29B5A (resized).jpeg
    B4E44C19-1603-4346-8B2D-C6774CEBFA47 (resized).jpeg
    8D17EC4D-1D24-4FD5-BD2C-29722C8A92C8 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210903-153627_Video Player (resized).jpg
    20200104_003059 (resized).jpg

There are 2802 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 57.
    #2751 45 days ago

TheMotherBrain thanks for your input and thanks to everyone else for your opinions. that screen looks really nice. bet it looks even more awesome in person. I wanna have a vp cab built the best it can be. so 43" 4K Monitor you recommend for playfield? how about for display? 15.6 or bigger? and backglass monitor size.. thanks ..

#2752 45 days ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

My job is creating digital content everday for the web and have played this everyday for 6 months with no complaints. As long as the screen looks good when I'm playing thats all that matters. I'm a stickler for detail and I am happy with 60hz or whatever. I could care less what my friends and family who don't play pinball think standing to the sides. It's not that bad or worth complaining about,splitting hairs here. These are taken with a 5 year old phone and crunched for upload so it is better in real life.
    Some say its overpriced equipment, especially if you have the know how and time to build one. The price of a new single pin just went up another $300 across the board. I say its a steal and worth more than what they are charging.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

The video of Scantron5K’s RRW Ultra VP that gregh43 posted on the last page shows terrible hazing when viewed off center. Scantron5K even mentions it near the end but not a deal breaker for him obviously. Here are the stills showing the loss of contrast when he’s off center and not all the way across the room either. Granted I’m sure his phone is making it appear worse on camera than in real life as these things tend to do, but either way it’s still bad and not up to par for a high spec machine.

First pic is on center and color/contrast is fine, next few are taken as he moves off to the left and mentions the white haze. Clearly you can see the loss of color & contrast as he’s just standing next to his RRW machine. This is why unlimited contrast(angle viewing) is a must have for your playfield display and backglass.

7AEE20A7-FF7A-4463-A9F9-6CB0DCC29B5A (resized).jpegB4E44C19-1603-4346-8B2D-C6774CEBFA47 (resized).jpeg8D17EC4D-1D24-4FD5-BD2C-29722C8A92C8 (resized).jpegF2BDE49A-E77E-4C5C-A329-9045604C55AE (resized).jpeg
    #2753 45 days ago

Thanks Briks-707 for pointing this out. I was pumped getting this machine but now after your knowledge and review. not sooo sure now. it is a very nice looking decked out machine. for me to make that type of investment I want the best of components and hardware that you won't have to upgrade for a long time. I dont know everything about tv or monitor specs. Thank you again Briks. also having the flashing lights on top isn't really important either . I don't need lights flashing in my eyes playing pinball.. the topper is cool.. but who can focus on the dmd and topper trying to keep a eye on the ball .I did some searching around . I found the website that's selling the plug and play HD for Ultra Vp.

https://arcadehd.com/

#2754 45 days ago

Hi Guys:

Is there anyone in the Salt Lake City area that has a high end Virtual Pin that I can come by to see and play?

I would like to buy a pre-made VP but would like to see and try one first.

I will be in SLC in a couple of weeks and if someone would allow me to come by and see, I would be most grateful. Either home made or store bought is fine.

If you can help, please send me a private message.

Thanks, so much.

Roger

#2755 44 days ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

The video of Scantron5K’s RRW Ultra VP that gregh43 posted on the last page shows terrible hazing when viewed off center. Scantron5K even mentions it near the end but not a deal breaker for him obviously. Here are the stills showing the loss of contrast when he’s off center and not all the way across the room either. Granted I’m sure his phone is making it appear worse on camera than in real life as these things tend to do, but either way it’s still bad and not up to par for a high spec machine.
    First pic is on center and color/contrast is fine, next few are taken as he moves off to the left and mentions the white haze. Clearly you can see the loss of color & contrast as he’s just standing next to his RRW machine. This is why unlimited contrast(angle viewing) is a must have for your playfield display and backglass. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was showing some of that in the last picture I took but I don't play pinball from those angles? I know some people get crazy and steer or duck while playing but my head stays in the same place. I would have to see the 120 in person to see if it would be worth extra money if they even make it in that size. I think the difference I see from posts is the black depth. It is darker and richer on a 120 vs 60. More contrast around the edge of the table would be nice but I feel like I'm nitpicking at this point until I see it first hand.

#2756 44 days ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I was showing some of that in the last picture I took but I don't play pinball from those angles? I know some people get crazy and steer or duck while playing but my head stays in the same place. I would have to see the 120 in person to see if it would be worth extra money if they even make it in that size. I think the difference I see from posts is the black depth. It is darker and richer on a 120 vs 60. More contrast around the edge of the table would be nice but I feel like I'm nitpicking at this point until I see it first hand.

The loss of contrast on the playfield display/backglass isn’t going to effect the player standing right over the machine, it’s anybody viewing from off center. It’s just old cheap tech & shouldn’t be used in a virtual machine at this price point. I have an Asus ROG 120hz in my full sized Vpin and it’s really eye opening after coming from playing 4K 60hz machines. Not only do you get richer colors and angle viewing but the most significant feature is the superior refresh rate of the 120hz monitor. It translates to more realistic, smoother ball movements better akin to real pinball physics. At 60hz you get a lot of ping pong action with the ball, at 120hz you can pull off real pinball moves more consistently and accurately, like post passes, drop catches, rolling passes etc. I’ve even see airballs hit the glass so to speak. It really takes the experience to the next level.

#2757 44 days ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

The loss of contrast on the playfield display/backglass isn’t going to effect the player standing right over the machine, it’s anybody viewing from off center. It’s just old cheap tech & shouldn’t be used in a virtual machine at this price point. I have an Asus ROG 120hz in my full sized Vpin and it’s really eye opening after coming from playing 4K 60hz machines

What size/type monitor are you using for the backbox?

#2758 44 days ago

I am using a 32 inch full hd LG monitor as the backglass and a 14 inch Full HD as the DMD. See picture. I also added a picture of the Asus playfield screen.

20210905_225043 (resized).jpg20210905_225134 (resized).jpg
    #2759 44 days ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

I am using a 32 inch full hd LG monitor as the backglass and a 14 inch Full HD as the DMD. See picture. I also added a picture of the Asus playfield screen.

Looks great ! I'm picking up the Asus and the DMD on Thursday. I was thinking a 28" on the backglass, but the 32" looks terrific.

#2760 43 days ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

What size/type monitor are you using for the backbox?

I also use a 32” LG HD for the backglass. As you tell by ronaldvg pictures the Asus is worth every penny!

#2761 43 days ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

The loss of contrast on the playfield display/backglass isn’t going to effect the player standing right over the machine, it’s anybody viewing from off center. It’s just old cheap tech & shouldn’t be used in a virtual machine at this price point. I have an Asus ROG 120hz in my full sized Vpin and it’s really eye opening after coming from playing 4K 60hz machines. Not only do you get richer colors and angle viewing but the most significant feature is the superior refresh rate of the 120hz monitor. It translates to more realistic, smoother ball movements better akin to real pinball physics. At 60hz you get a lot of ping pong action with the ball, at 120hz you can pull off real pinball moves more consistently and accurately, like post passes, drop catches, rolling passes etc. I’ve even see airballs hit the glass so to speak. It really takes the experience to the next level.

Here's what I don't understand....

Why wouldn't the few 'turnkey' makers of VP offer an option to purchase with a high quality 120hz refresh monitor and a PC that is upgraded in all the right areas?

As someone who would like a high end VP, I would gladly pay an extra 2K or 3K, to get the best performing VP that money can buy.

More profit for the company making it and a happy buyer.

I bet there are many prospective VP buyers who would gladly pay extra for the best VP experience possible.

#2762 43 days ago

Wow, that asus monitor looks really nice. I think you guys convinced me that is the way to go…..

Question, I have a Williams wide body cab I am going to be using for my build. What should I do for the back glass and DMD ?

What monitors should I use and do I need to build a custom speaker section so a bigger monitor can fit there instead of a tradition DMD ?

If I can find a picture of my original cab I’ll post it…. It had a CRT in the body of the cab…. . Was built before flat screens were really a thing….

#2763 43 days ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

Wow, that asus monitor looks really nice. I think you guys convinced me that is the way to go…..
    Question, I have a Williams wide body cab I am going to be using for my build. What should I do for the back glass and DMD ?
    What monitors should I use and do I need to build a custom speaker section so a bigger monitor can fit there instead of a tradition DMD ?
    If I can find a picture of my original cab I’ll post it…. It had a CRT in the body of the cab…. . Was built before flat screens were really a thing….

I'm going with a 3 monitor build and have settled on this (amazon link) 15.6 for the DMD.
    EDIT: Finally decided on a 32" BenQ EW3270U for the backbox.

Using the images below, you can see a 28" would lose the bottom 1.5" of translite size and a 32" needs the speaker panel modified to width.
    A new Stern Translite is 16.1/2 x 25.7/8
    A 28" Monitor is 15 x 26
    A 32" Monitor is 15.1/2 to 16 x 27.1/2 to 28 (depending on the model)

amazon.com link »
    28head2 (resized).jpg32head3 (resized).jpg

#2764 43 days ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Why wouldn't the few 'turnkey' makers of VP offer an option to purchase with a high quality 120hz refresh monitor and a PC that is upgraded in all the right areas?
    As someone who would like a high end VP, I would gladly pay an extra 2K or 3K, to get the best performing VP that money can buy.
    I bet there are many prospective VP buyers who would gladly pay extra for the best VP experience possible.

I am with you on that....If I buy I have to have the 120 at the least.

#2765 43 days ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

There are a few like turn key makers like Xtreme Gaming Cabinets, they off a fully loaded Vpin with the range topping Asus 144hz monitor paired with a 3080 card & all the bells and whistles you could ask for. Only problem they are an Australian company and orders take 6+ months for construction and delivery…., but they build it from the ground up with some of the best components. With the exchange rate its comparable to buying a premium NIB pinball including overseas delivery. Check out their videos on YouTube, you won’t be disappointed

#2766 43 days ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

There are a few like turn key makers like Xtreme Gaming Cabinets, they off a fully loaded Vpin with the range topping Asus 144hz monitor paired with a 3080 card & all the bells and whistles you could ask for. Only problem they are an Australian company and orders take 6+ months for construction and delivery…., but they build it from the ground up with some of the best components. With the exchange rate its comparable to buying a premium NIB pinball including overseas delivery. Check out their videos on YouTube, you won’t be disappointed

I ordered mine last November and they just shipped it. So order to door will be close to 10-12 months. I haven't got the final shipping costs, but I can post how much when I get it. I literally had the first Hyper-pin, BadBoyBill's gave me his cabinet, and have waited to upgrade for years. I went with Xtreme because I do not have the time or skills to make a cabinet that would look good enough to go into my game room. They will never be real pinball, but they are awesome arcade machines. Here is my machine:

#2767 43 days ago

the Aussie dude builds some nice machines . but read alot of forum reviews his customer service sucks. I would be leary sending that much money for a build and waiting that long. he shouldn't expect all money up front. maybe put a partial deposit down till all work is done. Starfighter do you build and sell. or know any builders out there other than commercial builders that will sell?

#2768 43 days ago

There are 2 builders down there, Xtreme and Retro Play. I’ve heard a couple stories about Retro but mostly good about Xtreme. I’m going to order a 2 in 1 once they get the new style arcade controls figured out.

#2769 43 days ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

the Aussie dude builds some nice machines . but read alot of forum reviews his customer service sucks. I would be leary sending that much money for a build and waiting that long. he shouldn't expect all money up front. maybe put a partial deposit down till all work is done. Starfighter do you build and sell. or know any builders out there other than commercial builders that will sell?

I have a 2n1 premium Vpin from them, their customer service is top notch. My machine did take 6 months to build but it was worth the wait for a true plug and play unit with reboot back to default. I haven’t had a single issue with my Vpin in nearly 1 year of ownership & it gets played nearly everyday for hours. You don’t pay in full until your unit is ready to ship at least I didn’t with my machine.

#2770 43 days ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Starfighter do you build and sell. or know any builders out there other than commercial builders that will sell?

Sorry, I'm just building one for myself. The internet is full of builders, but most look pretty shady to me.
    Even though both have positive and negative aspects, I don't think you can go wrong if you stick with a Roland build or Aussie Extreme build.

#2771 43 days ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Sorry, I'm just building one for myself. The internet is full of builders, but most look pretty shady to me.
    Even though both have positive and negative aspects, I don't think you can go wrong if you stick with a Roland build or Aussie Extreme build.

Those are the 2 best.

Roland if you seeing this maybe consider offering a 43 inch version 120 and your 49 inch -60.....then in 1 year see which one sells more. I think it would be a good snapshot into what more people want.

From what I am reading here and in youtube people really want that 120 -plug and play.

#2772 43 days ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

I ordered mine last November and they just shipped it. So order to door will be close to 10-12 months. I haven't got the final shipping costs, but I can post how much when I get it. I literally had the first Hyper-pin, BadBoyBill's gave me his cabinet, and have waited to upgrade for years. I went with Xtreme because I do not have the time or skills to make a cabinet that would look good enough to go into my game room. They will never be real pinball, but they are awesome arcade machines. Here is my machine:

Hey Jim this is Dani from the EHA Facebook group if you didn’t notice already. I can’t wait until you get your machine my man, it’s gorgeous and a beast with that 144hz/3080 combo! I paid about $1,500 total for delivery to Sonoma County, $1300 was Vangaurd’s shipping cost & $200 for California use tax but that was last November.

#2773 42 days ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

Hey Jim this is Dani from the EHA Facebook group if you didn’t notice already. I can’t wait until you get your machine my man, it’s gorgeous and a beast with that 144hz/3080 combo! I paid about $1,500 total for delivery to Sonoma County, $1300 was Vangaurd’s shipping cost & $200 for California use tax but that was last November.

I didn't know you were Briks-707. I subscribed to your youtube and watch all of your gameplay vids.

I got a House Bill of Lading Our Ref#, but I have no idea how to track where my pin is. I got that on Aug.10th.

#2774 40 days ago

Briks-707 how much was your virtual pin from the Aussie builder and with shipping? anyone know if the Baller Installer is a all in one instalation program that has all the software including the Visual Pinball, and pinmame etc..

#2775 40 days ago

All I know is that when I retire and have more time, I will be building and selling vpins. My god the market on this especially considering what people will pay!

Thinking I’ll get a builder and I’ll do the software side!

#2776 40 days ago

I was thinking of ordering this Ultra VP from RecRoomWorld

Whats the consensus from owners please?

#2777 40 days ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

TheMotherBrain thanks for your input and thanks to everyone else for your opinions. that screen looks really nice. bet it looks even more awesome in person. I wanna have a vp cab built the best it can be. so 43" 4K Monitor you recommend for playfield? how about for display? 15.6 or bigger? and backglass monitor size.. thanks ..

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes 43" is the best size. I use a 32" for the backglass. My dmd is a pindmd3 but if I were building again I'd go for a screen rather than this dmd. It doesn't like my oaks micros led driver board and a couple games (Iron maiden virtual time being one example) I had to disable the dmd to get my leds going. Not a big deal since there is a display on the backglass but I like things to work. If I turn the led board off it work fine. It's a com port 3 issue with programming. I like the larger dmd but most of my favorites are the standard dmd size so in my case I prefer that. I've got a kinect mounted underneath my dmd for 3d head tracking with future pinball so I need the room. I've actually trimmed the dmd board so I could squeeze it in.

#2778 40 days ago
    Quoted from themotherbrain:

I also use the asus xg438q. I started with with a Samsung 1080p before the fast flips code was a thing. There was too much lag at that point to make 4k worthwhile. I swear I had that machine set up like a month and had to upgrade everything to 4k. So I got a 43" Samsung that did 4k at 60hz. It was night and day difference and well worth the effort but that viewing angle thing always bothered me. Then they teased the asus xg438q and I waited months and months for the US release. I got it the first day it was available and I haven't looked back.
    Trust those who say if you cheap out on your monitors you will be paying again when you realize how much nicer your machine can be. For the record it runs off an Asus rog strix 1080 card beautifully. Anything more than 43" is too big! Not scaled properly at all.
    I've gone to some extremes to build mine as I see fit, but if your goal is a nice vp setup SPEND THE MONEY!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've gone with the Aorus FV43U for my build. Actually seems like it's probably the same panel as the Rog XG438UQ. Most of these companies only use a couple of the same panel builders.

I went with the Aorus because it seems exactly like the Asus one, except a little cheaper on price, with similar or better reviews. Plus, B&H current has a $100-off sale going on for it. Still a lot of money, but a hundo off ain't nothing to sneeze at.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1644731-REG/gigabyte_aorus_fv43u_43_gaming.html

#2779 40 days ago

Oneangrymo I would hold off spending that much on a Ultra Vp till RecRoom installs a better Playfield monitor. Briks-707 pointed out its a 60Hz monitor and 120Hz would be more better. Thanks again Briks for your expertise. also look into what components are being used in these commercial units. you could be getting low end cheap parts and paying more for the parts. Ultra Vp is a nice machine. but if you find someone willing to build it. you could have a nice machine at half the cost..

#2780 40 days ago

I have seen the aorus but the protrusion in the case on the bottom would not work for my setup. For my build I made a drawer and routed a channel on either side of the frame for the screen to slide into. Every little hair counts as far as space goes. Even with a wide body cab I had to consider everything or it wouldn't fit.

Oh and I forgot to mention in my original post about the monitors that you generally want ips style screens where possible. They offer the best viewing angles.

#2781 40 days ago

I have seen the aorus but the protrusion in the case on the bottom would not work for my setup. For my build I made a drawer and routed a channel on either side of the frame for the screen to slide into. Every little hair counts as far as space goes. Even with a wide body cab I had to consider everything or it wouldn't fit.
    Oh and I forgot to mention in my original post about the monitors that you generally want ips style screens where possible. They offer the best viewing angles.

True, luckily the VA panels in both the asus and aorus seem to have good viewing angles comparable to a lot of IPS panels. And I couldn't find a 43in IPS monitor that was 120hz or better. All of them were 60hz, and I really wanted a higher refresh rate.

I'm using a Williams Superpin cab. I should have about 1/2 in of width to spare. At least if the listed exterior dimensions are accurate. So should be good. Worst case I'll route out a bit of the side of the cab. But I'll post some updates once it arrives.

#2782 40 days ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm using a Williams Superpin cab. I should have about 1/2 in of width to spare. At least if the listed exterior dimensions are accurate. So should be good. Worst case I'll route out a bit of the side of the cab. But I'll post some updates once it arrives.

Looking forward to your updates. My Asus arrived today and I'm also going the Superpin Route.

#2783 40 days ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

True, luckily the VA panels in both the asus and aorus seem to have good viewing angles comparable to a lot of IPS panels. And I couldn't find a 43in IPS monitor that was 120hz or better. All of them were 60hz, and I really wanted a higher refresh rate.

Yeah if it is a wide body you're good to go. That's what I have too. My drawer added a bunch of width inside mine so the slimmest possible was necessity. There was an acer option at that point too but it had that same thing going on with the case. If your just using rails or something underneath you won't have any issue at all fitting it.

#2784 39 days ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Looking forward to your updates. My Asus arrived today and I'm also going the Superpin Route.

Yeah if it is a wide body you're good to go. That's what I have too. My drawer added a bunch of width inside mine so the slimmest possible was necessity. There was an acer option at that point too but it had that same thing going on with the case. If your just using rails or something underneath you won't have any issue at all fitting it.

Yeah, superpin seemed to be the best compromise. Any narrower and the pf screen is a little too small for my liking, and if you go ultrawide like Paragon-size, then the flipper buttons are too far apart to be comfortable for longplay.

I bought a 2ndhand Indy cabinet. Little bit of redfade, but the decals and cab are still in great shape overall.

#2785 39 days ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Briks-707 how much was your virtual pin from the Aussie builder and with shipping? anyone know if the Baller Installer is a all in one instalation program that has all the software including the Visual Pinball, and pinmame etc..

I paid about 8K total for my XGC Vpin with overseas delivery, not cheap but it has been worth every penny spent!

1 week later
    #2786 28 days ago

I'm on my second build. I had bought an old Lethal Weapon 3 cabinet, the first build was a 37" 1080p television. Later someone gifted me a 40" 4K 120Hz Samsung TV so I rebuilt the whole thing. How could I pass up a free TV like that? For gaming, there are two display specs that apply: response time and input lag. Response time is a measurement of how long it takes for a pixel to change state, such as from black to white or red to blue. Input lag measures the delay it takes you to press a button or type a key and have the screen display the result.

A high response time causes ghosting and blurring, while a high input lag means waiting around for something to happen when a button is pressed. Of the two specs, the more critical for visual pinball is input lag; pressing a flipper button and having even a slight delay makes the game unplayable (and is in fact why some people have been turned off by visual pinball). TVs usually have higher input lag than monitors, but a TV with native 120Hz has half the input lag of a 60Hz monitor. A good input lag is anything less than 40ms, very good is less than 25ms, and less than 20ms is imperceptible. My TV has an input lag of 20ms in 120Hz mode. Response time isn't typically a deal-breaker, although watching the ghosting of the ball can be annoying. A good response time is less than 15ms; however, I haven't really noticed ghosting. The difference between 15ms and 20ms is very small.

#2787 28 days ago

For questions on the size of the Ultra VP I have a side by side comparison. I was worried about this myself because I am particular and hate distorted images. It doesn't really bother me or noticable on some games. The benifit is many widebody games I like, Dredd,Indiana Jones,Demo Man, and Twilight zone are perfect rather than a small screen and having the opposite problem.

20210905_121812 (resized).jpg

#2788 28 days ago

Has anyone bought a AtGames Lengends Pinball? and if so what are your thoughts on it. very affordable machine and lots of modding and upgrades can be done to it. Buy stuff arcades has released a Deluxe backbox for it. looks really nice.

#2789 25 days ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Did a test-fit the other day and the 43in aorus monitor DOES fit in my Indiana Jones cab! I had about about 5mins where I thought it might not based on the measuring tape, but it did.

The bottom setttings-adjustment nub does just brush the side, so I'll probably need to take a dremel or something and sand away a little groove or notch so that the monitor can be centered in the cab, but should be easily doable.

#2790 25 days ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Did a test-fit the other day and the 43in aorus monitor DOES fit in my Indiana Jones cab! I had about about 5mins where I thought it might not based on the measuring tape, but it did.
    The bottom setttings-adjustment nub does just brush the side, so I'll probably need to take a dremel or something and sand away a little groove or notch so that the monitor can be centered in the cab, but should be easily doable.

Post some pics!

#2791 25 days ago

Well, cab isn't setup yet. It's in my garage until the legs come in a few days. Then I can set it up and take some photos. The indy cab I bought included the rails and backbox, but no legs.

#2792 24 days ago

Hey all. New to this thread and the scene in general. I am curious though. Reading through this and doing some research, it feels like Ultra VP is the best machine (to me). I love the 49" screen size and the dimensions of the overall unit being close/equal to the size of a standard pin. Lots of talk though about the 60hz screen. True, not optimal, but I can't find a 49" screen that is 100, 120, 144hz that IS NOT curved (let alone 4k). So I am not even sure this is something that can be offered with this particular build, at least not for now regardless of the horsepower needed to run this size at that refresh rate. If any of you that don't like this particular panel, have you looked to see if there were alternatives that would work for this application? If so, what brand and models? Cheers to you all and the great conversation in this thread.

#2793 24 days ago
    Quoted from IODMako:

Hey all. New to this thread and the scene in general. I am curious though. Reading through this and doing some research, it feels like Ultra VP is the best machine (to me). I love the 49" screen size and the dimensions of the overall unit being close/equal to the size of a standard pin. Lots of talk though about the 60hz screen. True, not optimal, but I can't find a 49" screen that is 100, 120, 144hz that IS NOT curved (let alone 4k)

I'm not sure if there are any 120hz turn key machines out there currently. If you decide to build your own, 120hz is just one of the many decisions you'll face.

#2794 24 days ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

I'm not sure if there are any 120hz turn key machines out there currently. If you decide to build your own, 120hz is just one of the many decisions you'll face.

Xtreme Gaming Cabinets offers a plug and play 4K 120hz system with a reboot to default frozen drive. It works as it should every time even if you screw something up you just restart your machine and fixed!

#2795 24 days ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

Xtreme Gaming Cabinets offers a plug and play 4K 120hz system with a reboot to default frozen drive. It works as it should every time even if you screw something up you just restart your machine and fixed!

Their response was in reference to a 49" screen. I understand that the smaller more common screen size has 4k 120hz. I simply prefer the larger screen size. I wish I could see them both side by side. I do love the work that Xtreme does. I prefer the look of their cabinet for sure, but larger build out is nice too. What to do.....

#2796 24 days ago

I invite you all to check out my vpin streams nightly at twitch.tv/friscopinball.

I have a custom widebody Goonies themed cab with a three screen setup using Pinup Popper as the frontend and a full LED matrix and playfield light show setup. Also has beacons, 7.1 SSF, and an undercab fan.

I’ve put well over a year of work into it and love answering questions or helping others with their virtual pinball journey.

1 week later
    #2797 16 days ago

I seen on rec room facebook page about the delays on getting a Ultra Vp. the company is waiting for cargo containers held up in Seattle to be Railed to their company. Someone comment and ask if the machines are built in China. the response was they are.. I was considering buying a Ultra Vp. when if any upgrades to the playfield are made. but if the the machines are built in China this is kinda a turn off for me. you spend alot of money for a product you want quality.

#2798 16 days ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I seen on rec room facebook page about the delays on getting a Ultra Vp. the company is waiting for cargo containers held up in Seattle to be Railed to their company. Someone comment and ask if the machines are built in China. the response was they are.. I was considering buying a Ultra Vp. when if any upgrades to the playfield are made. but if the the machines are built in China this is kinda a turn off for me. you spend alot of money for a product you want quality.

I thought the same thing and was very sceptical at first but they are built like a tank. I haven't found anything that was skimping out on. I am not sure if just the cabinets are made over seas or all of it? I havnt done research on the brand names but have no complaints. I mean who in america is building computers and monitors anyways?

#2799 15 days ago

I inquired (recworldgames) about the 120hz / 3000 vid card option and was told due to shortages, they couldn't produce then in bulk at this time, but seems like they definitely have plans to offer it in the future.

I'll definitely be in for one.

#2800 14 days ago

The base of my vpin, an Indy cab in decent shape. Got the receiver and fire-button lockdown bar installed today. Still need to buy my backbox monitors.

20211004_224623 (resized).jpg20211005_124646 (resized).jpg
    There are 2802 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 57.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside