Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 80.
    #2551 3 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

After many talks back and forth going Aussie style.......I get to do quite a bit of custom items....woohooo.

You do hopefully not mean Retroplay ?

#2552 3 years ago

Here is my stubby design below for a VR pincab to go with my HP Reverb G2 headset. It will have SSF (surround sound feedback) and a couple contactors for the flippers. Maybe a real knocker and shaker too. I'm going with the Pinscape Lite expansion board. I'll run the VRLauncher menu system (see below) to launch Visual Pinball X VR tables. I'll also play the FX2 VR tables.

I'll also have a 32 inch 1440 pivoting display on the wall for FX3 tables and other games. My computer will sit below on the base of this cab. BTW, that is a 4/8 way stick in the top of cab. It looks like a red button because I don't know how to make a joy stick.
    Finished Cab (resized).pngFinished Cab (resized).pngFinished Cab 3 (resized).pngFinished Cab 3 (resized).png
    Finished Cab 4 (resized).pngFinished Cab 4 (resized).png

#2553 3 years ago

Hello to all,
    I belive in a few weeks i will start my virtual pinball project. I would love to know any BASE cabinet recomendations? Widebody? I might be able to get a old machine and start from there..

Thanks

#2554 3 years ago

Sadly, one of the most used and visited sites has been shut down by the owner
    Vpinball is closed as some idiots try to make profit from the community stuff.

Screenshot (200) (resized).pngScreenshot (200) (resized).png
    #2555 3 years ago

Who do u think are the culprits?

#2556 3 years ago

lovely, right before I build my vpin

#2557 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Who do u think are the culprits?

Aussie guys. Some selling preloaded cabs, some selling drives and packs

and there were numerous ddos attacks, site scrapers and other hacking attempts, IMO mostly caused by the underlying Wordpress architecture.

Quoted from Raegor:

lovely, right before I build my vpin

If you’re willing to read and learn and then have issues you might want to join eg. visual pinball addicts group on fb
    The community is Willi g to help if it sees someone is not just too lazy to learn

#2558 3 years ago

Yea I'm on some groups but wasn't that the best site for downloading?

#2559 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Yea I'm on some groups but wasn't that the best site for downloading?

For now vpuniverse
    Some authors already transferred their stuff

#2560 3 years ago

V pinball was the best. Major loss here. Hopefully the host reconsiders

#2561 3 years ago

Ok thanks.

It just makes no sense that he's shutting down because of people selling the stuff, it just makes more people go buy it.

#2562 3 years ago

I think the lack of active users is also an issue for him. People visit the site to download stuff but they don’t participate in the forum and don’t contribute. That’s the way things work nowadays unfortunately.

#2563 3 years ago

Very sad news... a bunch of fucking morons will purchase these drives & will have no idea on how to set it up or add new tables. I added every table manually & would contribute when I could. Sad day

#2564 3 years ago

Tried to visit VPinball today to look at a photoshop image of a 1958 Williams Skyway to figure out the rule set from a schematic in order to write the script for the table for A_Bord and everything is gone.

#2565 3 years ago

Open letter from Dazz over at vpuniverse.com

„ An open letter to the VP communities.

Ok, it's no secret that I operate VPUniverse.com. I too frequented VPinball.com very often and valued everything on the site. As a site owner/operator I am very saddened to see VPinball.com just close up shop like it has. Just like everyone here; I truly hate seeing the site go like this.

I too am frustrated with the pack shares, drive sellers and cabinet sellers that are including our content. As one of the Admins for HyperSpin, this is something we have dealt with over the past 20 years. Unfortunately there is no easy solution to the problem... These types of people have existed since the early early early days of emulation or any hobby that is a digital format. They cater to the people that have the mentality of "I want it all! I want it now! I don't want to have to do any work to get it!". Or the people "I don't have time to learn how any of this works, but I want it now". These people don't care to learn about the hobby they are trying to get into. With hobbies like this.. You get out of it; what you put into it. It becomes obvious as to who the people who purchased vs those that took time to learn.

A couple weeks ago; I offered VPinball to join forces with VPU and create a good resource. I've put in a lot of time and effort into updating VPU, changing servers, and adding more security measures. I still have a lot of tweaking to do, but so far the site and server is more than capable of handling the traffic. I have offered Randr to re-host VPinball on my server in a read only state until we can determine what to do with the content. I talked to him yesterday when I saw the message on the site. I immediately offered to help in any fashion that I am capable. I have not had a response to re-hosting, but I'm sure he's getting hammered with messages just like I am.

With all this said, and my frustrations with the hobby, VPUniverse is not going anywhere. I'll do what I can to combat and frustrate pack sharers, drive sellers and complete cabinet sellers.

In the mean time, I'd like to encourage all content creators and table authors to please use VPU. If there is something I need to change on the site; please let me know. If there is something I need to add; please let me know.“

#2566 3 years ago

Yeah, I hope vpuniverse is able to carry the torch from vpinball. I'd happily donate to help keep it running.

Quoted from scottacus:

Tried to visit VPinball today to look at a photoshop image of a 1958 Williams Skyway to figure out the rule set from a schematic in order to write the script for the table for A_Bord and everything is gone.

Oh man! That's one of my most wanted tables in real life, so a VPX version would've been very welcome, especially from you and Bord. There's a pbecker1946 VP9 one that's decent for now at least (DT only, I think).

#2567 3 years ago

So sad to see Vpinball being offline. This is exactly why I always try to encourage people to build their own machine. To be honest, I once was called to help a guy with his machine that be bought "fully configured, ready to go" and it really was a mess.

After taking a good look we decided just to reinstall the system. Even the Windows was pirated and there was an fx3 on it which only worked in desktop mode (also pirated of course).

I will always tell people that are not inclined to learn how a vpin works and be patient and like to figure out stuff NOT to buy a virtual pinball machine. It will only be frustrating as there is always something to do. Some seem to think that it is less work than a real pinball machine, but I beg to differ.

Hope Randr will reconsider and come back. The a-holes that profit off of other peoples hard work will always be there. Only thing Randr now accomplishes is that the price of the "fully configured, ready to go" harddisks and systems will go up in price.

#2568 3 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

So sad to see Vpinball being offline. This is exactly why I always try to encourage people to build their own machine. To be honest, I once was called to help a guy with his machine that be bought "fully configured, ready to go" and it really was a mess.
    After taking a good look we decided just to reinstall the system. Even the Windows was pirated and there was an fx3 on it which only worked in desktop mode (also pirated of course).
    I will always tell people that are not inclined to learn how a vpin works and be patient and like to figure out stuff NOT to buy a virtual pinball machine. It will only be frustrating as there is always something to do. Some seem to think that it is less work than a real pinball machine, but I beg to differ.
    Hope Randr will reconsider and come back. The a-holes that profit off of other peoples hard work will always be there. Only thing Randr now accomplishes is that the price of the "fully configured, ready to go" harddisks and systems will go up in price.

I'm fortunate enough that I've gotten mine "dialed in", and even then it requires work, and I still have features I'm trying to add on. I've got an RGB flasher bar to install, a playfield screen to upgrade, and solenoids to consider. About the only thing I don't have to do is tune pop bumpers.

I'm not sure the price of "fully configured" is going to go up appreciably. I suspect VPB going away will only result in a rounding error compared to the effect of the supply and demand issues on the electronics supply chain; many of the Lazy Commercial Sellers aren't selling to the community, they're selling to people who have no real clue.

#2569 3 years ago
    Quoted from LynnInDenver:

I'm fortunate enough that I've gotten mine "dialed in", and even then it requires work, and I still have features I'm trying to add on. I've got an RGB flasher bar to install, a playfield screen to upgrade, and solenoids to consider. About the only thing I don't have to do is tune pop bumpers.
    I'm not sure the price of "fully configured" is going to go up appreciably. I suspect VPB going away will only result in a rounding error compared to the effect of the supply and demand issues on the electronics supply chain; many of the Lazy Commercial Sellers aren't selling to the community, they're selling to people who have no real clue.

Sorry to say but I have already been pointed out that there are people trying to sell the now "unobtainable" pup packs on Facebook. Disgusting. Sadly too many people suffer from FOMO so they probably sell.

#2570 3 years ago

I remember years ago when I got into the hobby. VPUniverse was the Top site. I enjoyed Vpu over Vpinball. it seemed like Egos ran high on that site. if you were looking for help with the software forget asking there. you would get dick responses. Same with wanting to learn how to scan playfields and parts to share my resources with the community for improvements on pinball tables. i own 15 pinballs and wanted to learn how to get those resources. but yet just got ego driven responses. I would like to know who designed the Vp software? it seems to be a complex piece of software. if your not a computer nerd it can be tedious and frustrating trying to get a table to run. then there's always updates to tables or the Vp software . it seems like you spend more time updating then playing. now throw in pup packs to the mix. with all this software and tables to download and if your not a computer geek . I can see why people would rather just buy a cab with everything installed on it and ready to play. the people selling the cabs and preloading the authors tables on it and making a profit. they could at least donate some their profits to the VP Community sites that they stole from and profited on.Randr might be a cool and nice guy and all. but to use the excuse that people are selling tables for profit to close up shop is a poor reason. I havent seen anyone complaining about harddives being sold with all the Mame arcade and all the console systems on it.

#2571 3 years ago

Can anyone recommend a screen for the topper? The ones I see in videos are very long and squatty but its in the dark? They look great with pup pack. Thanks

#2573 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Can anyone recommend a screen for the topper? The ones I see in videos are very long and squatty but its in the dark? They look great with pup pack. Thanks

They tend to look a bit squatty because a number of them are designed to use the portion of a 16:9 screen that isn't filled with a representation of a traditional DMD.

#2575 3 years ago

Count me as another sad to see Vpinball go... If you read this randr thank you for your contributions and the joy its brought to my house! I'm fortunate that my cab is pretty well set up but I enjoyed checking in daily.

#2576 3 years ago

Oh, hey, 5 1/2 weeks after Magic Pixel broke Zaccaria Pinball's cabinet support, they FINALLY have their "external social media" guy post on the Steam thread about the break - TOO LATE FOR ME. My cabinet isn't getting the software reinstalled, I'm not buying DLC even for my desktop (I really do play my virtual pinball almost exclusively on my cabinet), I consider the window CLOSED now.

When I replied to that post, I was polite but direct about the problem... or rather, the combination of problems.

Any single issue would have been tolerable; Lack of Steam communication when the product is sold on Steam (they do most of it via Discord); Breaking cabinet support because they didn't test with more than 1 monitor (I find it hard to believe they don't have at least one multiple monitor setup, even right now with staff probably having to work from home, and I've found this isn't the only time they've broken that support); delay in the fix because they want to roll out one patch instead of two or more. It's the combination of all three that makes it untenable to me.

I have enough pinball between FX3, Pinball Wicked, Pro Pinball Timeshock, and Visual Pinball (none of which break cabinet support for weeks on end), that I can easily get by, especially since someone finished up a Visual Pinball build of Time Machine, and it makes my general project of "curate the cabinet's table list" much easier because that's 100+ tables I don't have to sort through now.

2 weeks later
    #2577 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109849

Guys, If you or anyone is looking for a new vpcabs wizard, loaded, basically new, without waiting several months from Brad to make you one, I have one for sale, ready for a new home today. Open to reasonable offers, please PM, tks everyone and stay safe out there!

Mod - For Sale
    New (selling multiple, business) - “ITEM DESCRIPTION Medieval Madness Pinball Machine Missing Drawbridge Moat Entry Gate Center Lane Playfield Plastic Cover Part above left troll target. Condition is New. Hello fel...”
    2021-05-10
    Pittsburgh, PA
    39 (Firm)
    Archived after: 0 days
    Viewed: 414 times

#2578 3 years ago

Guys, If you or anyone is looking for a new vpcabs wizard, loaded, basically new, without waiting several months from Brad to make you one, I have one for sale, ready for a new home today. Open to reasonable offers, please PM, tks everyone and stay safe out there!

224ea675d84c4c3c8f7376d94e3dcc4d227f0e23 (resized).jpg224ea675d84c4c3c8f7376d94e3dcc4d227f0e23 (resized).jpg
    #2579 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

[quoted image]

Wow... this is a beautiful VP, I'm more than a little surprised it only lasted 3 months with you, hope it wasn't bad circumstances that require the sale, good luck with the sale though, it sure is a beaut!

#2580 3 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Wow... this is a beautiful VP, I'm more than a little surprised it only lasted 3 months with you, hope it wasn't bad circumstances that require the sale, good luck with the sale though, it sure is a beaut!

All is well, thanks. Great machine, lots of fun, I just turnover things fast - no patience the older I get, lol...hope to get it off to a new home asap so I can move onto another pet project. Open to reasonable offers, thanks. Can't imagine a more well put together machine on the market, VPCabs does excellent work. Take care.

#2581 3 years ago

Literally been looking for one of these for a while. Obligatory wish you were closer post. lol

#2582 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Literally been looking for one of these for a while. Obligatory wish you were closer post. lol

have it shipped! I've seen this in person and it's really nice. Owner is great as well.

#2583 3 years ago

Does it play Dragon's Lair?

#2584 3 years ago

Did a little update video on my cabinet Radiant Silverball.

#2585 3 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Does it play Dragon's Lair?

No, lol....but that would be a cool idea. Imagine someone tech savvy could somehow get that to work....

#2586 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

have it shipped! I've seen this in person and it's really nice. Owner is great as well.

Thanks guys....yes, top notch build by VPCabs imho.

I'm only 3 or so hours drive away, not that far.

Have someone coming Sunday, so it may be gone though, but if anyone is still interested please feel free to PM me and I will let you know if its still available later.

Thanks again.

#2587 3 years ago

Unless I die before Sunday, I'll be there.

#2588 3 years ago
    Quoted from bdaley6509:

Unless I die before Sunday, I'll be there.

Ha, see ya then....

#2589 3 years ago

So, after the whole fiasco that Magic Pixel had showing me that I'm NOT in their target market (Update #85 at the end of February broke their so-called cabinet support in Zaccaria Pinball, and it took two months and rolling it into the next table release to fix it), and never have been, I have the primary criteria for Commercial Pinball Simulators I invest in going forward:

First: Direct Table Load without added scripts or software. Without this, it's not Cabinet Mode.

Second: Support for THREE monitors. Not two. Not one. Three. Support for monitors past that will be accepted, but three is the required minimum.

Third: NOT EARLY ACCESS. No more of this "years in Early Access" garbage, I won't look at software that has the Early Access tag on it.

Fourth: Robust update process. Unless the software is "mature", I should see updates that do NOT provide content but instead fix bugs and breaks. And no update should break criteria One and Two.

Fifth: I need a history to look at, preferably at least six months. This means no launch software.

Sixth: Software is either a single really good table, or the DLC is at least five pretty good tables. This kind of feeds into the fifth thing.

Note that yes, this list very explicitly excludes Zaccaria as software for me, if only because now we have a list of "bad flags" to look for with that software. Note that certain classes of software, like Demon's Tilt, doesn't get compared to this list because those aren't "cabinet installs" for me, but anything that's even remotely like batting a real ball around, like Pinball Wicked, Pro Pinball Timeshock and Pinball FX do fall into the category that gets compared to the list going forward. And few of them are flexible, this is what I need to evaluate on going forward to avoid throwing money away.

I don't have a good feel for how much I've spent on pinball DLC over the past 6-7 years, but it's been substantial. I've built a cabinet that we're getting into $2K spent on it, and I can't justify spending $10 here, $30 there, for stuff I might not be able to run on that cabinet properly. I can definitely spend that future DLC money on toys for the cabinet instead, I'll get a better return on my money right now.

1 week later
    #2590 2 years ago

Ok guys here is my best work I ever done, my new Ulta high end VPin in Iron Maiden Design

Enjoy

0020CDC7-4AE1-4492-9D75-41FF45D6DCAC (resized).jpeg0020CDC7-4AE1-4492-9D75-41FF45D6DCAC (resized).jpeg27CCD22D-6881-48FF-8045-549C5B48E739 (resized).jpeg27CCD22D-6881-48FF-8045-549C5B48E739 (resized).jpeg2E81AC2D-02F3-4736-8CF0-383C1A98D0B2 (resized).jpeg2E81AC2D-02F3-4736-8CF0-383C1A98D0B2 (resized).jpeg35998834-0367-4FC1-B554-0FBBB6D45148 (resized).jpeg35998834-0367-4FC1-B554-0FBBB6D45148 (resized).jpeg6CE98B69-C8C3-4782-997C-DB648EA4A64F (resized).jpeg6CE98B69-C8C3-4782-997C-DB648EA4A64F (resized).jpeg8F1D0531-39E0-4210-8B77-033D3DD695B0 (resized).jpeg8F1D0531-39E0-4210-8B77-033D3DD695B0 (resized).jpegA3E45B64-3B32-4EF5-BF08-A5E03F25D566 (resized).jpegA3E45B64-3B32-4EF5-BF08-A5E03F25D566 (resized).jpegBEC4C291-B184-4671-80CF-AC03D19C4C86 (resized).jpegBEC4C291-B184-4671-80CF-AC03D19C4C86 (resized).jpegCB46C06E-443A-4CC8-A268-08B0C19F927C (resized).jpegCB46C06E-443A-4CC8-A268-08B0C19F927C (resized).jpegD9A5B03E-8E15-4D9F-A894-1BD238C4E59B (resized).jpegD9A5B03E-8E15-4D9F-A894-1BD238C4E59B (resized).jpegEA87D025-6540-4E24-B620-6C94716FD83B (resized).jpegEA87D025-6540-4E24-B620-6C94716FD83B (resized).jpegFC37A5CB-74DF-4EE9-9ECC-5A3426A84F84 (resized).jpegFC37A5CB-74DF-4EE9-9ECC-5A3426A84F84 (resized).jpeg
    #2591 2 years ago

Quoted from Meisterjim:Ok guys here is my best work I ever done, my new Ulta high end VPin in Iron Maiden Design
    Enjoy
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2592 2 years ago

Spectacular work!

#2593 2 years ago

Bad ass powder coating

#2595 2 years ago

That is killer. Scratch build?

#2596 2 years ago

That is killer! Do you have a build thread somewhere ? What’s in it ? I’m thinking about taking the plunge but need to figure out monitors, PC, well pretty much everything actually....

#2597 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

Ok guys here is my best work I ever done, my new Ulta high end VPin in Iron Maiden Design
    Enjoy
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is incredible! Nice work.... wow.

1 week later
    #2598 2 years ago

looking to have a new virtual built. interested in anyone in the group that builds cabinet and backbox. would like to get a cab like Stern machines like the Led Zeppelin model. contacted Stern but they don't sell empty cabs . thanks

#2599 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

looking to have a new virtual built. interested in anyone in the group that builds cabinet and backbox. would like to get a cab like Stern machines like the Led Zeppelin model. contacted Stern but they don't sell empty cabs . thanks

Check with Paul @noahfentz, wouldn’t surprise me if he has Stern like cabinet.

#2600 2 years ago

Specs on my system

43“ asus ROG 144Hz Monitor
    32“ LG Monitor Backbox
    15,6“ DMD Display
    I5 10600kf CPU
    MSI mainboad z590
    16GB RAM
    1TB SSD
    GTX 1080Ti
    Stern shaker
    Teensy Light System
    SSF 7.1
    Full working Stern fire button
    Undercab Lightning

There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/52?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.