Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 80.
    #2501 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

A bunch of old DSiWare randomly vanished from the 3DS eShop today. Just posting a reminder to buy Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon if you have a 3DS before it randomly vanishes as well. The game is an underrated gem, one of my personal favorite pinball games ever.
    [quoted image]

is this only available if you go into the eshop via the 3ds, not just nintendo online via my computer?

#2502 3 years ago

Planning on listing my VPcabs Vertigo soon. It has an upgraded CPU, GPU, and memory. It is running 199 VPX games and 62 arcade games. Looking for 2500.

#2503 3 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Planning on listing my VPcabs Vertigo soon. It has an upgraded CPU, GPU, and memory. It is running 199 VPX games and 62 arcade games. Looking for 2500.

What are the pc specs? Just curious

#2504 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

What are the pc specs? Just curious

i3 3.7GHz, 8GB memory, GTX960 GPU. Stock it had a pentium, 4gb and a gt 730.

#2505 3 years ago

rather have a Cab then a upright machine to play pinball. anyone selling a Cab with all the software set up let me know. the software is frustrating. iam ready to burn my cab

#2506 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

rather have a Cab then a upright machine to play pinball. anyone selling a Cab with all the software set up let me know. the software is frustrating. iam ready to burn my cab

While I would agree, the upright is amazing for saving space. It would be the perfect vpin for an apartment or dorm if space was super limited

#2507 3 years ago

My ad is up for the vertigo.

SOLD!
    Other - For Sale

I have a very cool VPCabs Vertigo System available. For those that have not seen one of these it has a vertical screen and a top screen...”

2021-01-05
    Fayetteville, NC
    Archived after: 45 days
    Viewed: 268 times

#2508 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Have you tried pin-up popper? Seems to be a bit easier with the b2s files and media files attached to the download.

#2509 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

is this only available if you go into the eshop via the 3ds, not just nintendo online via my computer?

Possibly, it's definitely still there via the 3DS.

1 week later
    #2510 3 years ago

anyone know where best site to advertise a Virtual pinball. I have one to sell thanks

#2511 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

anyone know where best site to advertise a Virtual pinball. I have one to sell thanks

Maybe here?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/570599429710599

#2512 3 years ago

Hi Virtual fans! 

For many months I have been quietly assembling a homebrew VP machine with a custom Dragons Lair theme. We decided to go the VP route for two reasons. First, we have 6 and 8 year old children and the concept of having access to hundreds of different tables, on a single machine, was more appealing to the kids. Also, as young as they are, they are already more attune to electronic applications versus children of our generation, who were mechanically drawn to traditional PB machines, since that’s all we knew back in the day. Second, there was already someone pursuing a traditionally designed machine, so we wanted to create something different to respect their unique effort.

The process took coordination amongst more than a dozen different vendors and many months from start to finish. Patience and trust were very challenging at times, and we did almost get burnt bad by one vendor along the way. We’d strongly caution anyone thinking about pulling together such a project, from a scratch concept, to think long and hard about it upfront because in the end it will be a labor of love, but will cost much more than a standard machine, traditional or VP, and you will undoubtfully encounter cost overruns and delays along the journey – all of which no one else can or will likely ever truly appreciate, or care to compensate you for should you wish to eventually sell your custom machine down the road. For instance, hundreds of hours were spent locating skilled artists, having them create artwork, tweaking, measuring, formatting, reformatting…on and on, and with multiple vendors at that, each with their own area of skill and expertise.

As a kid in the 70s-80s, I believe the ultimate goal was reached and the end result is rewarding. We still have to pinch ourselves walking by the machine time and again. All the small custom touches you will see in the photos below really set this machine apart, and having a high quality build is icing on the cake.

Along the way I reached out to the person attempting to build a traditional DL PB machine several times FWIW, requesting we coordinate projects and help one another. Unfortunately, we never heard a peep back, so we can only assume they abandoned their project since their facebookpage went dead? At the end of the day we wish them well and hope above all else they are ok!

Should anyone on Pinside ever wish to undertake a similar DL project we would be honored to share tips, ideas, things that worked and things that didn’t, and even consider helping a friend out with vector art for their homebrew machines since we basically started at ground zero and to be perfectly honest, that was one of the most painfully time consuming and costly portions of the project. If that’s you…don’t ever hesitate to send a PM.

That said, enjoy the images and we wish everyone a happy and healthy 2021!!!

20210118_101539 (resized).jpg20210118_101539 (resized).jpg20210118_101513 (resized).jpg20210118_101513 (resized).jpg20210118_101235 (resized).jpg20210118_101235 (resized).jpg20210118_101215 (resized).jpg20210118_101215 (resized).jpg20210118_101156 (resized).jpg20210118_101156 (resized).jpg20210118_101453 (resized).jpg20210118_101453 (resized).jpg20210118_101030 (resized).jpg20210118_101030 (resized).jpg20210118_101048 (resized).jpg20210118_101048 (resized).jpg20210118_101306 (resized).jpg20210118_101306 (resized).jpg20210118_101425 (resized).jpg20210118_101425 (resized).jpg20210118_101359 (resized).jpg20210118_101359 (resized).jpg20210118_100144 (resized).jpg20210118_100144 (resized).jpg20210118_101631 (resized).jpg20210118_101631 (resized).jpg20210118_100913 (resized).jpg20210118_100913 (resized).jpg20210118_100830 (resized).jpg20210118_100830 (resized).jpg20210118_100943 (resized).jpg20210118_100943 (resized).jpg Added over 3 years ago:

NOTE - THE MACHINE IS FOR SALE. PLEASE PM ME IF INTERESTED, TKS.

#2513 3 years ago

Very Nice! Dragonslairs is arcade game i like
    alot as a kid when it came out in the arcade I pumped alot of quarters in it and never slayed the dragon. iam waiting for the Arcade1Up DL coming out this year. I wanna have a new virtual built. I want a Stern style one with the bigger display screen for dmd..

#2514 3 years ago

That DL machine is awesome looking! Enjoy!

#2515 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Hi Virtual fans! 
    For many months I have been quietly assembling a homebrew VP machine with a custom Dragons Lair theme. We decided to go the VP route for two reasons. First, we have 6 and 8 year old children and the concept of having access to hundreds of different tables, on a single machine, was more appealing to the kids. Also, as young as they are, they are already more attune to electronic applications versus children of our generation, who were mechanically drawn to traditional PB machines, since that’s all we knew back in the day. Second, there was already someone pursuing a traditionally designed machine, so we wanted to create something different to respect their unique effort.
    The process took coordination amongst more than a dozen different vendors and many months from start to finish. Patience and trust were very challenging at times, and we did almost get burnt bad by one vendor along the way. We’d strongly caution anyone thinking about pulling together such a project, from a scratch concept, to think long and hard about it upfront because in the end it will be a labor of love, but will cost much more than a standard machine, traditional or VP, and you will undoubtfully encounter cost overruns and delays along the journey – all of which no one else can or will likely ever truly appreciate, or care to compensate you for should you wish to eventually sell your custom machine down the road. For instance, hundreds of hours were spent locating skilled artists, having them create artwork, tweaking, measuring, formatting, reformatting…on and on, and with multiple vendors at that, each with their own area of skill and expertise.
    As a kid in the 70s-80s, I believe the ultimate goal was reached and the end result is rewarding. We still have to pinch ourselves walking by the machine time and again. All the small custom touches you will see in the photos below really set this machine apart, and having a high quality build is icing on the cake.
    Along the way I reached out to the person attempting to build a traditional DL PB machine several times FWIW, requesting we coordinate projects and help one another. Unfortunately, we never heard a peep back, so we can only assume they abandoned their project since their facebookpage went dead? At the end of the day we wish them well and hope above all else they are ok!
    Should anyone on Pinside ever wish to undertake a similar DL project we would be honored to share tips, ideas, things that worked and things that didn’t, and even consider helping a friend out with vector art for their homebrew machines since we basically started at ground zero and to be perfectly honest, that was one of the most painfully time consuming and costly portions of the project. If that’s you…don’t ever hesitate to send a PM.
    That said, enjoy the images and we wish everyone a happy and healthy 2021!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job. Looks awesome!

2 weeks later
    #2516 3 years ago

Selling my custom made virtual pinball controller made by Steve from zebsboards himself

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109620

1 week later
    #2517 3 years ago

The following is a video of the Dragons Lair table: Video of table:

And a link to sale ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109849

#2518 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

The following is a video of the Dragons Lair table: Video of table:
    And a link to sale ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109849

Really great job, the cab artwork looks amazing... I'd have to straighten out the Start and Exit buttons though, that would drive me crazy

edit: Noticed they were straight in the still pictures, but rotated in your video... so I know they can be straight you get one star back, 5 out 5!

#2519 3 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Really great job, the cab artwork looks amazing... I'd have to straighten out the Start and Exit buttons though, that would drive me crazy
    edit: Noticed they were straight in the still pictures, but rotated in your video... so I know they can be straight you get one star back, 5 out 5!

The buttons are free movement, 360 degrees of rotation enabled on them by design.

#2520 3 years ago

I don’t know much about the virtual pinball world but looking to jump in. I currently own 9 mechanical pinball tables and would like to own many more but space and money is limited. As a result, I thought it might be time for a virtual pin. Does anyone have any suggestions for the top virtual pin manufacturers. I found one in Columbus called Rec room world. They make a machine called Ultra VP that looks pretty sweet. Any other recommendations. Definitely looking for top of the line with all the bells and whistles. And I am not building one myself. Thanks.

#2521 3 years ago
    Quoted from robey99:

And I am not building one myself. Thanks.

What, and miss out on all the fun?!?

This is unfortunate since this is the cheapest and best way to get what you want... And my advice to everyone looking to jump into virtual- find somebody who owns the same exact cabinet you are looking to purchase and get a first hand account of the ups and downs of owning said cabinet. Look to see if there is a used one for sale and then ask the seller why he is getting rid of it. There is actually not that much involved to get a cabinet up and running, but to get one running with all the bells and whistles does take a LOT more time, something a lot of people don’t have. And of course there is the legality of actually using the IP of all the ROM images to consider as well. This is one of the major reasons there is not a premium cabinet supplier out there providing turnkey solutions that don’t require you to download and install the ROMs yourself. And if you are already doing that, putting together a box to house it isn’t that much harder and is part of the fun to be had.

#2522 3 years ago
    Quoted from robey99:

I don’t know much about the virtual pinball world but looking to jump in. I currently own 9 mechanical pinball tables and would like to own many more but space and money is limited. As a result, I thought it might be time for a virtual pin. Does anyone have any suggestions for the top virtual pin manufacturers. I found one in Columbus called Rec room world. They make a machine called Ultra VP that looks pretty sweet. Any other recommendations. Definitely looking for top of the line with all the bells and whistles. And I am not building one myself. Thanks.

Please do build it yourself, or at least have it done by someone that is not in the business of selling those things. I have played the most expensive machines that you can buy from a few manufacturers, but in the end of the day, those manufacturers are trying to maximise their profit and not maximise the quality of your machine, and they should to keep their business going. For the price they are asking for their top machines, you can build a much better one yourself, or even have it made.

#2524 3 years ago

totally new to VP, looking for a NUC CPU for my mini cab strong enough to run the more graphic intensive Future pinball & Pup packs and wondering if anyone knows if this model would do the trick considering it has 2mb dedicated graphics card? https://www.newegg.com/intel-nuc8i7inhx/p/1VK-004K-00PS3?fbclid=IwAR26qjYyhdXmkHrxGoi-f8N7yRbnGq455Ko3SrrTlc8a60Ocbw0FiH8G2-g

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 9.36.07 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-19 at 9.36.07 AM (resized).png

#2525 3 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

totally new to VP, looking for a NUC CPU for my mini cab strong enough to run the more graphic intensive Future pinball & Pup packs and wondering if anyone knows if this model would do the trick considering it has 2mb dedicated graphics card? https://www.newegg.com/intel-nuc8i7inhx/p/1VK-004K-00PS3?fbclid=IwAR26qjYyhdXmkHrxGoi-f8N7yRbnGq455Ko3SrrTlc8a60Ocbw0FiH8G2-g
    [quoted image]

I have not seen any folks running VP stuff without a dedicated graphics card.

#2526 3 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I have not seen any folks running VP stuff without a dedicated graphics card.

Would 2mb be sufficient?

#2527 3 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Would 2mb be sufficient?

Sorry if I was not clear. That NUC does not have a dedicated graphics card in it nor can you install one. Integrated graphics (2MB in this case) won't run VP stuff well in all likelihood. You really should have a decent GPU in a PC.

#2528 3 years ago

You need a dedicated nVidia video card. 4gb something recent, there are lots of models(650Ti,750, 1030, etc) of varying costs. This and at least an i5 processor with SSD and 8gb min ram and windows 10.

Quoted from adamross:

Would 2mb be sufficient?

#2529 3 years ago

Gotcha, thanks for the info. That's a bummer. I can play Visual and PinabllFX just fine, but soon as I boot up Future or Pup packs the frame rate drops so low it's unplayable.

IMG_0869 (resized).jpegIMG_0869 (resized).jpeg
    #2530 3 years ago

Yep, it takes more horsepower for those. Personally I don't run the pup packs or Future pinball. I'm satisfied with hundreds of vpx tables to play.

Quoted from adamross:

Gotcha, thanks for the info. That's a bummer. I can play Visual and PinabllFX just fine, but soon as I boot up Future or Pup packs the frame rate drops so low it's unplayable.
    [quoted image]

#2531 3 years ago

Any advice for a noob like myself the simplest idiot proof way of installing VPX tables? Although I know my way around real tables, I'm fairly PC illiterate and found the process pretty daunting.

#2532 3 years ago

I'm neither an Aussie nor a lawyer, but I know enough to know that an attempt to trademark something like "virtual pinball" is hilarious and a complete waste of time. Trademarks only apply to unique brand and product names, not generic product descriptions. Trying to trademark "virtual pinball" would be like trying to trademark "flight simulator" or "frosted flakes" (Neither of which are trademarked even though they're commonly associated with products from giant companies).

#2533 3 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Any advice for a noob like myself the simplest idiot proof way of installing VPX tables? Although I know my way around real tables, I'm fairly PC illiterate and found the process pretty daunting.

You have to find the table, the backglass and the rom. The table file ends with *.vpx, the backglass with *.directb2s and the rom is a zip file. Put the table and the backglass (make sure the name is exactly the same except the part after the last . so leave the .vpx and .directb2s intact) into the directory c:\Visual Pinball\Tables and put the rom file into c:\Visual Pinball\Vpinmame\Roms and leave it zipped !

It is possible that when your install is in a different directory or a different disk on your PC that the C:\Visual Pinball part is different.

When that is done, open the table in VPX and see if it works. If it gives you an error you probably have the wrong ROM file. Search the script for cgamename The ROM that you need is in quotes behind cgamename="heresthecorrectromfile"

It looks more difficult than it is, as soon as you have succesfully done two or three it will be easy.

#2534 3 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

You have to find the table, the backglass and the rom. The table file ends with *.vpx, the backglass with *.directb2s and the rom is a zip file. Put the table and the backglass (make sure the name is exactly the same except the part after the last . so leave the .vpx and .directb2s intact) into the directory c:\Visual Pinball\Tables and put the rom file into c:\Visual Pinball\Vpinmame\Roms and leave it zipped !
    It is possible that when your install is in a different directory or a different disk on your PC that the C:\Visual Pinball part is different.
    When that is done, open the table in VPX and see if it works. If it gives you an error you probably have the wrong ROM file. Search the script for cgamename The ROM that you need is in quotes behind cgamename="heresthecorrectromfile"
    It looks more difficult than it is, as soon as you have succesfully done two or three it will be easy.

Thanks for breaking this out to understand. More stuff like this is needed in the hobby.

#2535 3 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain. I'll give it a shot and report back!!

#2536 3 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain. I'll give it a shot and report back!!

Adam, I made a few vids years ago about setting up virtual pinball tables and applications . Most of this still works I believe in VPX.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5eSoMb8TGaZRsmEkQBuHxxOuZTL22meD

#2537 3 years ago

I'm looking to finally buy a virtual pinball. NO way do I have time to make one. But I have the funds now.

I want all the current bells and whistles. Tons of feedback, and without question 4K.

It seams Ultra VP has everything I could think would make the game realistic. But they aren't cheap. Although they are the same as ONE NIB. So, they are a bargain really.

Are there any pro mades ones out there that offer the same specs and feedback, I guess DOF, as an Ultra VP? Everything else I see has smaller monitors, less feedback, etc. And the ball rolling and hitting sounds seem to be only on Ultra VP.

Jason

1 week later
    #2538 3 years ago

Im prolly gonna get an ultra vp pin... anyone else got one that can review it?

#2539 3 years ago

Found this thread and love some of these designs..

Who' the top 2-3 companies to buy from??? I did see the aussies one....beautiful.

#2540 3 years ago

Hello everyone!
    I bought an HP Reverb G2 headset and am really impressed with the FX2 VR tables! I want to build a pinsim cab with some SSF and a couple contactors for the flippers as well as a shaker and real knocker. Planning on running the Visual Pinball X tables for VR. Given that my cab will only be 17.5 inches deep, I see no point in installing four transducers for SSF, but rather two and a bass exciter. So my question is, how will this work? By using splitter cables to combine the signals going to left and right exciters? Also, I assume that I would have to switch audio cards for non pinball tasks?
    Thanks..

Added over 3 years ago:

Solved..

#2541 3 years ago

looking to have a new virtual built. wanting to build the cab like the newer Stern machines like Aerosmith. like the monitor style for Dmd . anyone have any Cnc files to share or designs on the newer Stern cabinets. Thanks appreciate any help

#2542 3 years ago

Meh. Took Zaccaria Pinball off the virtual cabinet after three and a half weeks of multiple screen support being outright broken (crash to desktop broken), and their only official communications have not been via Steam, but on their DISCORD CHANNEL. Looks like they had to be needled into it on Facebook, and any mention of the fix timeline (at least another week) have been brought over to the Steam discussion threads by community members, not staff.

I would cut a LOT more slack if they'd have been communicative about the timeline of the fix ON THE PLATFORM ON WHICH IT IS PROVIDED. While I have a Discord account, I'm not signing up to servers just to keep up on support topics that, again, should be ON THE PLATFORM ON WHICH IT IS PROVIDED.

#2543 3 years ago

Pulling the trigger today....so excited..........

#2544 3 years ago

On what?

#2545 3 years ago

Chinese virtual pinball seller on Aliexpress?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001267390170.html

#2546 3 years ago

Looks like a nice unit! Let us know how it is when you get it.

I find myself on AliExpress lately but I’ve just been buying low cost items.

#2547 3 years ago

Be very careful... a number of the Chinese virtual pinball sellers have the included computer so locked down you basically can't do anything like add tables without having to go to them to have the change made.

#2548 3 years ago

After many talks back and forth going Aussie style.......I get to do quite a bit of custom items....woohooo.

#2549 3 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Looks like a nice unit! Let us know how it is when you get it.
    I find myself on AliExpress lately but I’ve just been buying low cost items.

I'm not buying it, was just curious to see them moving in on the market.

I have a VirtuaPin from a few years back, housed in a TZ cab (newly built but identical to TZ). I have thought about getting one of the newer 4K-based systems, and the supposed 902 games in the Virtual Chinball is of interest. The quality of stuff I've bought from Ali is just dire though.

#2550 3 years ago

looking for Virtual pinball hobbyists in the North Dakota area. send me a message. also looking for a Vp builder for a new cab. looking for a build on the newer Stern cabs with the 15.6" dmd style display if you have any cnc files to share or could build me one let me know thanks

There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.