Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,980 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 270 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 80.
    #2451 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I've got to ask then....who is trustworthy and legit (manufactures) in this world of VP???

Virtuapin and zebsboards

#2452 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I've got to ask then....who is trustworthy and legit (manufactures) in this world of VP???

As noted, VirtuaPin is about the only real legitimate manufacturer of pincabs, but you'll still need to load the software yourself, although Noah does provide support for doing so. He also sells from basic flat pack kits that you skin yourself and assemble, all the way up to assembled and wired, you just install the software and tables.

I've heard good things about the zebsboards kits.

Everything is a little DIY; with Visual Pinball, part of this stems from the fact that the software is released under a NON-COMMERCIAL license, which means the vast majority of the Lazy Commercial Pincab Sellers out there aren't really selling something they can legally offer, and that's before you get into the IP content of the included tables; I really doubt any of them have negotiated, say, a license for Pinball Pool.

The one benefit is that there's a number of people offering everything from information for those who want to go 100% DIY, all the way up to basically drop in modules for things like feedback devices. But the common element is that, because of the nature of the hobby, many who are in the hobby prefer that new folks take at least a little effort in assembling their cabs rather than buying one "fully ready" that, well, may not actually be that. Most of the Lazy Commercial Pincab Sellers aren't doing major assembly line manufacturing, they're building these things a few at a time, many times out of whatever they might have at hand, and if you're lucky you might get something that's consistent with the past 5 or 6 they've built, more likely there might be something done that's unique to the specific build and causes support headaches later on.

#2453 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Virtuapin and zebsboards

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3024-virtuapin-legal-troubles/

Gee, IDK....I'm not trying to cast any bad light, but what happened with this???

#2454 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/recroomworld/

How about this guy, Ronald, at Rec Room World in Columbus Ohio?

Anyone ever use them before or hear of them?

#2455 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

In my case, myself. But I have been a maker since I was 9, and it hasn't hurt to be a software engineer, mechanical engineer, electronic technician, photometric test engineer, aircraft lighting engineer, or nuclear reactor operator, which are all jobs I have held in my past. That being said, I have used Virtua-pin for a lot of my parts needs. I used Zeb's boards plunger and watched a crap ton of videos, but in the end, it all went together pretty smoothly. Getting a cabinet up and running with just the PC, plunger, buttons, sound system, and three monitors is a challenge, but highly rewarding once you start flipping that first table. Adding bells and whistles (force feedback, flashers, knockers, chimes and bells) is the next level of bling, and I have all the components to finish that part of the build. Caution, though, when getting it running... Dont set up the whole thing on a tabletop to work out the bugs... you will never stop flipping it and finish putting it in the cabinet once you get it working... It took actually MONTHS of playing before I finally put it in a cabinet!

#2456 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

In my case, myself. But I have been a maker since I was 9, and it hasn't hurt to be a software engineer, mechanical engineer, electronic technician, photometric test engineer, aircraft lighting engineer, or nuclear reactor operator, which are all jobs I have held in my past. That being said, I have used Virtua-pin for a lot of my parts needs. I used Zeb's boards plunger and watched a crap ton of videos, but in the end, it all went together pretty smoothly. Getting a cabinet up and running with just the PC, plunger, buttons, sound system, and three monitors is a challenge, but highly rewarding once you start flipping that first table. Adding bells and whistles (force feedback, flashers, knockers, chimes and bells) is the next level of bling, and I have all the components to finish that part of the build. Caution, though, when getting it running... Dont set up the whole thing on a tabletop to work out the bugs... you will never stop flipping it and finish putting it in the cabinet once you get it working... It took actually MONTHS of playing before I finally put it in a cabinet!

Wish this was a realistic option, but with working 10-12 hours a day, plus 3 kids, I need to pay someone else for their time to pull together a machine unfortunately.

#2457 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Wish this was a realistic option for me, but with working 10-12 hours a day, plus 3 kids, I need to pay someone else for their time to pull together a machine unfortunately and apparently there aren't many reputable options out there. Hard to believe.

#2458 3 years ago

Virtuapin or VPCabs are 2 reliable vendors that we have used.

Quoted from Westsiderkg:

https://www.facebook.com/recroomworld/
    How about this guy, Ronald, at Rec Room World in Columbus Ohio?
    Anyone ever use them before or hear of them?

#2459 3 years ago

I purchased my mini thru recroommasters although they don't sell it anymore. The kit was really well designed and went together well. https://www.recroommasters.com/40-Virtual-Pinball-Machine-p/rm-xt-40-pin.htm. It's a barebones kit but the designs are good and the button setup is plug and play with VPX and FX3. Just add your pc and monitors.

#2460 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Gee, IDK....I'm not trying to cast any bad light, but what happened with this???

Yeah that was the first time I heard about that suit a couple of pages back. I didn't really keep up with any of the skit-b stuff.

#2461 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

My understanding from what little he's said about it recently is that it may have been a verbal contract deal that bit him in the ass when the house of cards SkitB built collapsed. I get the impression that he got caught up in it because of the poorly arranged contract to make the SkitB Predator cabinets, and the efforts to yank back any and all possible assets that were poorly documented as transferred during the bankruptcy proceedings with the assumption that they were transferred to keep them out of the bankruptcy.

#2462 3 years ago

That Virtuapin site is horrible with pictures. I can't tell if its a flat monitor or recessed with the lights in the back. I want the later. They really need to get a gallery page.

#2463 3 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

Saw a relevant discussion on the Visual Pinball Junkies Facebook group today about RetroPlay.
    Here is a link, but not sure if it will show up without being a member of that group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPjunkies/permalink/701064113824942
    Just sharing a customer experience that someone had so that people know what their "cheaper, fully installed software" setup gets you... This was a $6000 shipped to the US price tag version.
    [quoted image]
    Here is the text in case the photo attachment is too hard to read:
    WARNING! RETRO PLAY AUSTRALIA! DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I have received a VP machine from a company in Australia called Retro Play. Biggest mistake of my life. What a piece of shit. Underpowered graphics card (not what I purchased, I received an 1660 not what was advertised). Shuttering in game play, freezing, tables don’t load and are upside down. Videos freezing on back glass. Shaker motor is not genuine (has a screw box upside down as cover). Wiring is a rats nest. Chime bells haven’t worked since day one. Purchased 8 solenoids, received 4 (that don’t work in game play). Lockdown bar is not genuine and has a piece of timber on inside to try to hold in place which was glued and fell off (have to keep pushing lockdown bar up in place. The list goes on and on. Attached photos of inside my machine and links of other problems people are having after some research (I should of done before purchase). Tried to get help and assistance and he is no long replying to messages or phone calls and has blocked me on messenger. I have started legal proceedings to get a full refund to get my money back! I will leave links in comments of YouTube videos I have found.
    Here are the YouTube links mentioned: - Another guy with a RetroPlay and his headaches. Read the comments for a few other experiences from other customers. Watch the video for things like how they "mount" speakers and some of the messy wiring...
    A follow up from yesterday from the same guy:
    More headaches on crappy packaging of parts that should have worked from the start. He is now asking for a full refund... Again read the comments for other people's experiences as well.
    Again, this is from a "low price, fully installed, 'turnkey' " Virtual Pinball company. Bad components, terrible hardware installations, botched software setup, wrong installed hardware, broken and damaged pieces, long and terrible customer service responses...
    I am not promoting anyone or any company, and I have no experience with RetroPlay myself for the negative side of things. Just sharing what this guy did on a Facebook group today for you to make your own judgements on what to do and were to buy products.

This is horrible to read. I also ordered several months ago from RetroPlay. No machine yet. Have been trying to get ahold of them for weeks now. Like others, no reply. My heart just sank!!!

Can someone please consider starting a dedicated RetroPlay "official" thread? With sooooooo many seemingly good people being potentially bamboozled by this outfit maybe we can help inform (and potentially protect) others?

Below are a few more reads to get the conversation started:

www.productreview.com.au/listings/retro-play-arcade-and-pinball-builders?sortBy=ratingLowest

www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44038

www.aussiearcade.com/forum/pinball/virtual-pinball-projects-and-discussion/103010-wtf

One interesting note, I found that if you ask any difficult questions on his Youtube channel (e.g. show the inside build of your cabinets, why do you seemingly not support clients, what’s up with you using laptop speakers, what gives with like 6 on buttons and 6 remotes just to turn on the machine, etc.) you will get blocked by him immediately and will not be permitted to comment.

I implore each of you to subscribe to their channel, review for yourself (alteast you can thumb down), ask questions, then when blocked (or ghosted) please come back here to comment in full disclosure.

Like others said, it would outwardly appear many of his positive commenters are instead dummy accounts created to artificially pump up ratings and give pats on the back. IDK, but suspicious none the less given the growing number of ghosted customers.

It would be good again IMO to start a dedicated discussion for potential customers to post pictures of what exactly they received vs what they were promised at time of initial purchase, how long it took, and have to have a candid dialog to potentially inform (perhaps even protect) the unaware consumers out there who google their company (like I was several months ago when I originally came across RetroPlay on YouTube and blindly trusted their videos and perception of quality).

Argh....hopefully I can get my money back!!!

#2464 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveRetroplayFan:

I also ordered several months ago from RetroPlay. No machine yet.

Horrible to hear.... Might be time to change your username??

#2465 3 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

Sorry to hear as well, best wishes for you.

#2466 3 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

Thanks, was created out of sarcasm...checkout my avatar.

Feel sorry for this dude too....think its the same guy getting the short end of the stick from RetroPlay....bummer, sounds like a "complete nightmare".

#2467 3 years ago

The videos are legit, the account here from this guy NOT!
    I talked to the original owner and he confirmed he didn’t create this account, he even asked me what pinside actually is.

#2468 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raaalph:

The videos are legit, the account here from this guy NOT!
    I talked to the original owner and he confirmed he didn’t create this account, he even asked me what pinside actually is.

Hey Ralph. My account is LEGIT. I am NOT the video guy. I came across Pinside by watching HIS videos and YES, I am another (upset) customer of this Dave fellow in Australia. He has thousands of my dollars and I have no product, FACT. Seems I am not alone in this matter. Lets be clear, I am again NOT the video guy. Thank you. There seems to be an abundance of less than pleased customers of RetroPlay, kindly fyi. Thank you, Mike.

#2469 3 years ago

Ok, sorry. I misread your post. It’s now a bit clearer to me and sorry to hear about your experiences.

#2470 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raaalph:

Ok, sorry. I misread your post. It’s now a bit clearer to me and sorry to hear about your experiences.

No worries, thanks. I hope to eventually post that I received a product or money back. Thus far, no comm. Take care Ralph.

#2471 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

I am finish with my new beauty[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This beautiful machine is in my game room for about three months now and it's AWESOME in every way. It plays like a dream, beautiful to see and the work done on it is gorgeous. Big recommendation, thanks MeisterJim!
    398c85f522e76d5c36613968fbd903d2b86fa665.jpeg (resized).jpg398c85f522e76d5c36613968fbd903d2b86fa665.jpeg (resized).jpg

#2472 3 years ago

Hi All

I think I’m going to take the plunge and build one of these things. I have a Williams wide body cab ready to go.
    I would like to have 4K, use SSF for the effects and think the movie clips and such playing on the back box display look really cool. Not sure if I want to wire up leds/flashers and such but might be open to it...

What do I need ?

I think I saw somewhere that the best monitor is a 39 inch pc monitor, which model is everyone using ?
    What monitor is used for the back box ? Does it mount vertically?
    For speakers do you need two sets ? How does the SSF work .
    PC - What graphics card is needed to push two monitors and 4K ? Interesting time for cards... maybe a 3070 when they become available . What processor ?

Software... i am so far out of date. It’s been at least 5 years and it looks like things have changed a bunch.

Thanks for any help.

#2473 3 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

Hi All
    I think I’m going to take the plunge and build one of these things. I have a Williams wide body cab ready to go.
    I would like to have 4K, use SSF for the effects and think the movie clips and such playing on the back box display look really cool. Not sure if I want to wire up leds/flashers and such but might be open to it...
    What do I need ?
    I think I saw somewhere that the best monitor is a 39 inch pc monitor, which model is everyone using ?
    PC - What graphics card is needed to push two monitors and 4K ? Interesting time for cards... maybe a 3070 when they become available . What processor ?
    Software... i am so far out of date. It’s been at least 5 years and it looks like things have changed a bunch.
    Thanks for any help.

I suggest buying a digital plunger and solenoid DOf kits from zebsboards. IMO it’s the easiest, best, and most reliable way to do it.

https://shop.zebsboards.com/

Actually, I have an extra brand new digital plunger from zebs if you or anyone is interested just send me a PM. $100 shipped.

#2474 3 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

Hi All
    What do I need ?
    Thanks for any help.

You need to hit up vpinball.com it vpforums.com for much better replies... this thread is serviceable but if you’re about to take the plunge I’d recommend going to a dedicated forum.

#2475 3 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

Hi All
    What do I need ?
    Thanks for any help.

Too much to type here, there is many info in vpforums.com, take a look there, but a few suggestions: go for the Asus 43 inch 4K 120 Hz monitor, it is absolutely the best. I am experimenting with an Oled but that has not been proven yet.

Also for SSF you need physical jacks for Rear and Side on the motherboard, so pay attention when buying the motherboard that ist has 5 or even more 3.5 mm jackplugs. You need one set of 2.1 speakers and 4 exciters. Then you hook up the exciters with two stereo amplifiers to the Rear and Side jacks and the 2.1 for the backglass to the Front out. If your motherboard does not have those jacks, you need to have an extra soundcard but be aware that Pinup Player can only use 1 soundcard, so that soundcard should have the aforementioned jacks.

GPU I would pick a RTX 2060, gets the job done perfectly. An 1080TI is also possible if you can find that cheaper/used.

Good luck with the build, it can be very frustrating but also very rewarding ! When you do not skimp on the essential parts, you will have a great experience with it.

#2476 3 years ago

never Mind

#2477 3 years ago

Yeah, better keep it private! Another guy not caring about community and copyright + cracked pinball fx3 on cab...

#2478 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raaalph:

Yeah, better keep it private! Another guy not caring about community and copyright + cracked pinball fx3 on cab...

Sorry what ??? For your info, the guy that made my Vpin just made the cabinet and the Vpin stuff inside. I put the rest of the hardware in myself and I have bought all the FX3 tables there are and they are running on Steam. For the rest I put on everything myself such as Pinup, VPX etc.

I took away my post because I got a lot of questions of people that want to buy it and I don't need that.

Really nice comment of you, tells me a lot about you.

edit: I see you accused another guy of something fishy also a few posts up. Nice going.

edit: not that I need to prove anything to you, but I hate being accused especially by you. I have a good idea who you are. I cannot imagine that anybody still buys stuff from you. See the attachment.

Schermafbeelding 2020-10-04 181739 (resized).pngSchermafbeelding 2020-10-04 181739 (resized).png
    #2479 3 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

Sorry what ??? For your info, the guy that made my Vpin just made the cabinet and the Vpin stuff inside. I put the rest of the hardware in myself and I have bought all the FX3 tables there are and they are running on Steam. For the rest I put on everything myself such as Pinup, VPX etc.
    I took away my post because I got a lot of questions of people that want to buy it and I don't need that.
    Really nice comment of you, tells me a lot about you.
    edit: I see you accused another guy of something fishy also a few posts up. Nice going.
    edit: not that I need to prove anything to you, but I hate being accused especially by you. I have a good idea who you are. I cannot imagine that anybody still buys stuff from you. See the attachment.[quoted image]

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding!
    I did not accuse you to use pirated software but instead your seller! I know that guy well and he’s the same sort as some vendors from Australia.
    The reason I know for sure is because someone I know serviced some of his cabinets.

If you bought fx3 separately then you’re an exception and I apologize if my post could have been interpreted in a wrong way.

#2480 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raaalph:

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding!
    I did not accuse you to use pirated software but instead your seller! I know that guy well and he’s the same sort as some vendors from Australia.
    The reason I know for sure is because someone I know serviced some of his cabinets.
    If you bought fx3 separately then you’re an exception and I apologize if my post could have been interpreted in a wrong way.

Ok, apology accepted, but please do not accuse people you do not know. This is the second time you have done this in a few posts. Maybe there are many more exceptions then you think and the world is not such a bad place. We can all happlily live together if we respect eachother a bit more.

#2481 3 years ago

Detailed review of this guy getting upended from RetroPlay...

#2482 3 years ago

What a wiring pigsty by Retro Play!!!

#2483 3 years ago

What a nightmare all around.

#2484 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveRetroplayFan:

What a wiring pigsty by Retro Play!!!

Wow, really depressing to see such work from a professional.

#2485 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raaalph:

Wow, really depressing to see such work from a professional.

"Professional" seems questionable. LOL

I understand what you are saying, I'm just twisting it.

#2486 3 years ago

...seriously, using CAT5 cable? Is that capable of dealing with 5V or 12V, much less anything else? Sure, it might make cable management easy, but it kind of misses the mark when he uses such long runs and it has to loop anyway. No wonder the solenoids don't work.

This isn't to say I did a neat job in some of the wiring (my button wiring is a definite spaghetti mess), but my home built setup looks neater outside of that, if only because I've done some specific management.

And everything in my cabinet is mounted much more solidly than that subwoofer, except maybe the playfield screen... because I anticipate moving the cabinet.

#2487 3 years ago
    Quoted from LynnInDenver:

...seriously, using CAT5 cable? Is that capable of dealing with 5V or 12V, much less anything else? Sure, it might make cable management easy, but it kind of misses the mark when he uses such long runs and it has to loop anyway. No wonder the solenoids don't work.
    This isn't to say I did a neat job in some of the wiring (my button wiring is a definite spaghetti mess), but my home built setup looks neater outside of that, if only because I've done some specific management.
    And everything in my cabinet is mounted much more solidly than that subwoofer, except maybe the playfield screen... because I anticipate moving the cabinet.

Not defending this guy at all but PoE is 48v.

#2488 3 years ago

Hi all,

I have an empty Bally Black Pyramid pinball cabinet that I started to clean up to create my virtual pinball machine. I ended up going with a widebody cabinet instead so I have some additional standard body parts available as well (see below). This is a good way to kick start your virtual pinball cabinet project for cheap.

I am located north of Boston, MA and local pickup is preferred. PM if you are interested or want additional pictures

Empty Black Pyramid Cabinet (1984) - FREE
    - plenty of finish work still required to bring this back to life; additional wood filler/bondo/sanding to bring this cab back to life
    - Back of the cabinet has been cut with a hinge for easy access to the back
    - Also Includes the following:
    - Backbox with brace to mount a backbone monitor with a VESA mount
    - We created a custom speaker panel with brackets to fit a 15.6” LCD screen as the DMD; it slots into the backbox and just needs to be painted
    - The back of the backbox is precut to fit the included piano hinge for easy access to the back
    - Two monitor rail mounts are inside; these will need to be adjusted based on the monitor you choose
    - Coin door, three front buttons (counter sunk), plunger slot, and launch button cut out

(NEW) Standard Lockdown Bar & Assembly - $110 for both (normally $140)
    - New lockdown bar assembly from pinball life (Williams/Bally #A-16773-1 & A-9174-4); this has been on the cabinet stored in our basement so it has some markings on it
    - New standard lockdown bar from pinball life (Williams/Bally reference numbers D-12615 & A-18240)

(NEW) Never opened standard width tempered playfield glass (Bally #G-409) from pinball life I’m including the rear plastic channel (Williams/Bally reference #03-8091) - $35 (normally $56)

(LIKE NEW) Zebsboards 5 flasher LED light bar with separate strobes - $70 (normally $100)
    - I hooked these up with my Zeb PacLED 64 VOK so they are tested and work great. I upgraded to a full LED matrix so I don’t need these anymore.

(NEW) Pinball Knocker AE-23-800 (Williams/Bally knocker assembly reference #B-10686-1) - $10 (normally $25)
    - Order from pinball life I opened it but never installed as I learned that my Zeb board should use the AE-23-1200 model instead

(NEW) Set of 2 Stainless steel side rails from pinball life (Bally reference number A-12359-1) - $60 (normally $90)
    - These side rails are 51 5/8” and longer than the standard side rails (A-12359-3)
    - They do NOT fit the Black Pyramid cabinet mentioned above but will work for other late 80s/early 90s games - yes I bought the wrong ones

IMG_1902 (resized).jpgIMG_1902 (resized).jpgIMG_1903 (resized).jpgIMG_1903 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2489 3 years ago

Checkout the Retroplay video update...nothing works now on this dudes machine, WOW!

1 week later
    #2490 3 years ago

Users of the tankstick for VR pinball: How are you dealing with the lip on the tankstick that covers the flipper buttons? Has somebody sawed the lip off or what have you done regarding it? What would be the best practice to get rid of the lip?

IMG_8927 (resized).jpgIMG_8927 (resized).jpgIMG_8928 (resized).jpgIMG_8928 (resized).jpg
    #2491 3 years ago

Arcade 1 up.

4 weeks later
    #2492 3 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

Too much to type here, there is many info in vpforums.com, take a look there, but a few suggestions: go for the Asus 43 inch 4K 120 Hz monitor, it is absolutely the best. I am experimenting with an Oled but that has not been proven yet.
    Also for SSF you need physical jacks for Rear and Side on the motherboard, so pay attention when buying the motherboard that ist has 5 or even more 3.5 mm jackplugs. You need one set of 2.1 speakers and 4 exciters. Then you hook up the exciters with two stereo amplifiers to the Rear and Side jacks and the 2.1 for the backglass to the Front out. If your motherboard does not have those jacks, you need to have an extra soundcard but be aware that Pinup Player can only use 1 soundcard, so that soundcard should have the aforementioned jacks.
    GPU I would pick a RTX 2060, gets the job done perfectly. An 1080TI is also possible if you can find that cheaper/used.
    Good luck with the build, it can be very frustrating but also very rewarding ! When you do not skimp on the essential parts, you will have a great experience with it.

does the asus or other 42-43" 4k monitors fit a normal too wide body WPC cab?

#2493 3 years ago

I see an average width for a 43" monitor/tv being about 22.x" wide, The inner width of a widebody is 23.5. The inner width of a standard body is 20.5.

#2494 3 years ago

Okay so after like 9 yrs of vpin getting me into the hobby but then never building mine...I'm gonna do it. I have a hard limit of the number of games now in my basement because of life changes etc and a nice quality vpin will give me the opportunity to scratch the itch of a lot of games I keep wanting to try/buy but don't need to keep.

I still have my i5 2500k, but I'll probably swap to m.2 hdd and up the ram to 32+gb.
    I sold all the tv/monitors, so looking for new ones. I guess the good thing is now I can go 4k monitor for the pf.
    the best bang for the buck that fits a wide body and has the lowest response is an Acere DM431K, Dell U432OQ or a Sony Briavia BZ35F. Their widths are shy of a wide body so they'd probably keep the case and then have trim angle to hide the lcd. I'm not able to really find any panels that could fit, unless I went with a ~$1400 one and as much as I would love that, trying to keep it a little under control.

I guess the only real question once the displays are chosen, what to do for a dmd. Back in the day I had a 15" monitor to run the dmd, now you can use a real dmd, lcd, but what about any lcd based games...whats the thing now days?

#2495 3 years ago

If depends what you want. Do you want your vpin to look like your other games? If so, do the speaker panel with a 15.6 inch LCD in the middle and playfield monitor and backbox monitor for a total of 3 monitors. This is assuming you are going widebody design like Judge Dredd/ Demo Man.... You are in for alot of work, but alot of fun afterwards! I've had several widebody cabs over the years with a pin2k style the most recent one. I prefer the LCD since it gives you flexibility on content displayed.

Quoted from northvibe:

Okay so after like 9 yrs of vpin getting me into the hobby but then never building mine...I'm gonna do it. I have a hard limit of the number of games now in my basement because of life changes etc and a nice quality vpin will give me the opportunity to scratch the itch of a lot of games I keep wanting to try/buy but don't need to keep.
    I still have my i5 2500k, but I'll probably swap to m.2 hdd and up the ram to 32+gb.
    I sold all the tv/monitors, so looking for new ones. I guess the good thing is now I can go 4k monitor for the pf.
    the best bang for the buck that fits a wide body and has the lowest response is an Acere DM431K, Dell U432OQ or a Sony Briavia BZ35F. Their widths are shy of a wide body so they'd probably keep the case and then have trim angle to hide the lcd. I'm not able to really find any panels that could fit, unless I went with a ~$1400 one and as much as I would love that, trying to keep it a little under control.
    I guess the only real question once the displays are chosen, what to do for a dmd. Back in the day I had a 15" monitor to run the dmd, now you can use a real dmd, lcd, but what about any lcd based games...whats the thing now days?

#2496 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If depends what you want. Do you want your vpin to look like your other games? If so, do the speaker panel with a 15.6 inch LCD in the middle and playfield monitor and backbox monitor for a total of 3 monitors. This is assuming you are going widebody design like Judge Dredd/ Demo Man.... You are in for alot of work, but alot of fun afterwards! I've had several widebody cabs over the years with a pin2k style the most recent one. I prefer the LCD since it gives you flexibility on content displayed.

I would rather have it work better than look. I found xtreme gaming cabinets on youtube and his 22" lcd for the "dmd/lcd" is pretty much exactly what I want. Then it can do the dmd/colordmd's and lcd games.

What pf lcd have you used?

#2497 3 years ago

Mel is a good dude... he was super responsive back when they were implementing cabinet play on PinballFX2, yeesh, that was a long time ago, this project has been a real long time coming, glad they found a partner like Arcade1Up to work with, I hope they sell a bundle of them.

#2498 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

does the asus or other 42-43" 4k monitors fit a normal too wide body WPC cab?

My cabinet has a widebody lockbar and the monitor fits with it casing in there with a little room to spare.

2 weeks later
    #2499 3 years ago

the AtGames Virtual pinball looks pretty cool. you will be able to run Vpx tables on it as well. will be buying one..

1 week later
    #2500 3 years ago

A bunch of old DSiWare randomly vanished from the 3DS eShop today. Just posting a reminder to buy Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon if you have a 3DS before it randomly vanishes as well. The game is an underrated gem, one of my personal favorite pinball games ever.

300x.png300x.png
    There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.