Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 80.
    #2401 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Look at the images on the site: https://virtualpinball.com/
    Your machine should have the monitor placed level in the front and dipped in the back to give depth. Perhaps it shifted in transit.
    Which model did you get?

I have the le. It’s some cheapy Vizio monitor which doesn’t fit in the grooves , one side it does but other side it pops out so it’s not even wide enough . Then I put it in the other grove then the other side pops out .

#2402 3 years ago

Time to call support....

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have the le. It’s some cheapy Vizio monitor which doesn’t fit in the grooves , one side it does but other side it pops out so it’s not even wide enough . Then I put it in the other grove then the other side pops out .

#2403 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is it VP Cabs which is either the classic or wizard model or their competitor VirtuaPin?

Either way, Vizio to me isn’t a high quality brand for a 4K monitor so disappointing to hear that someone is using that.

#2404 3 years ago
    Quoted from NoahFentz:

...Shady is shady in all aspects, not just on the surface. in most cases...

mmmmm.. predator cabinets?!?

#2405 3 years ago

For anyone who has not tried out Visual Pinball and Pinup Player and the other current software in a while... some of the original tables that are being created are just epic!

The Harry Potter one, in particular, is a masterpiece! It is amazing to me that this is a totally original creation and not based on a real game. If JK Rowling could see this surely she would be onboard with licensing the real game to someone!

Also, I just managed to get the Total Nuclear Annihilation table working on my PC (soon to be a cabinet), and it is also an amazing recreation of the real thing (apparently done with Scott's blessing).

#2406 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I don't understand why folks are buying big bulky virtual pins when you can get a VR system and play vpx in virtual reality. Not only is it a space saver but you get the depth that the 2d virtual pins can't provide which is HUGE. Yes you need a strong PC but still, you can buy a VR and amazing pc system for much less.

Most people don't like wearing the goggles (for a number of reasons). It's really that simple.

#2407 3 years ago

Look at the images on the site: https://virtualpinball.com/
    Your machine should have the monitor placed level in the front and dipped in the back to give depth. Perhaps it shifted in transit.
    Which model did you get?

First he said it was a virtuacab. THen he said it was a VPcab. Then he said an LE. I think the guy is just trolling and doesn't even have one.

#2408 3 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

First he said it was a virtuacab. THen he said it was a VPcab. Then he said an LE. I think the guy is just trolling and doesn't even have one.

Um no professor I’m not
    Trolling . I have a Vp cabs le

1202BAC9-1F7F-4AFB-895C-3D9DF549BB8E (resized).jpeg1202BAC9-1F7F-4AFB-895C-3D9DF549BB8E (resized).jpeg
    #2409 3 years ago

It looks like you have it taken apart. Are you sure it wasn't disrupted somehow in shipping? It's hard to see what's going on with that picture.

#2410 3 years ago

anybody play the beatles machine on vp cabs? imo i like it better than sterns beatles...IMG_0218 (resized).jpgIMG_0218 (resized).jpg

#2411 3 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

It looks like you have it taken apart. Are you sure it wasn't disrupted somehow in shipping? It's hard to see what's going on with that picture.

I think it’s an after market panel not the original that’s why it doesn’t look right

#2412 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think it’s an after market panel not the original that’s why it doesn’t look right

OK, now I see it. That's no good. I know VPcabs uses consumer TVs. I think that is both good and bad in different ways. It looks like your cabinet is wider than it should be. Do the joints look right? Maybe the bottom of the TV needs to be shimmed. Try shoving a matchbook under there and see if it lines up. That looks like shit with the top hanging down. I'm sure that's not what VPcabs thinks is OK.. I hope.

#2413 3 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

mmmmm.. predator cabinets?!?

You must not have gotten the memo? VirtuaPin had nothing to do with Kevin's shady bullshit. He screwed everyone involved. Everyone.

Court records show I had nothing to do with it. Dismissed, with prejudice. I paid heavily for my mistake, and I'll never enter into a handshake agreement with anyone, ever again. Lesson learned.

Thank you.

#2414 3 years ago
    Quoted from NoahFentz:

You must not have gotten the memo? VirtuaPin had nothing to do with Kevin's shady bullshit. He screwed everyone involved. Everyone.
    Court records show I had nothing to do with it. Dismissed, with prejudice. I paid heavily for my mistake, and I'll never enter into a handshake agreement with anyone, ever again. Lesson learned.
    Thank you.

Yeah, I don't know anything about it other than the drama. I check into pinside once in a while and the drama never disappoints. It's worse than an Amish sewing party around here. I appreciate VP and built a full size simulator off guides from your forum. Thanks for that. BTW, it seems the Con from Pinconning got a lot of people, but there still is the question of where the $1.2 went.. They probably snorted it. I probably have my numbers and memories wrong anyway. I really don't care much, but I do find it interesting.

#2415 3 years ago

$9,500 shipped at VPCabs, lol??? Ha, no way and no thanks!!! IDK what it does, thats absurd.

#2416 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

$9,500 shipped at VPCabs, lol??? Ha, no way and no thanks!!! IDK what it does, thats absurd.

If it's got a full complement of force feedback and is "drop in the roms" ready, It's probably worth it if you value your time at more than 10 bux an hour.

#2417 3 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Yeah, I don't know anything about it other than the drama. I check into pinside once in a while and the drama never disappoints. It's worse than an Amish sewing party around here. I appreciate VP and built a full size simulator off guides from your forum. Thanks for that. BTW, it seems the Con from Pinconning got a lot of people, but there still is the question of where the $1.2 went.. They probably snorted it. I probably have my numbers and memories wrong anyway. I really don't care much, but I do find it interesting.

I hope, for his sake, we never cross paths again. He ruined my life for several years. Not something that's easy to forgive.

#2418 3 years ago

Can someone please post a photo of the what the cpu and gpu are supposed to look like in the VP cabinet ? Mine is just a mess of wires and stuff there, in fact I just have the GPu lying on top of the cpu because there is no room

#2419 3 years ago

Why aren't you calling support? The game was obviously tossed in transit so they would be the best to tell you whats been moved. Brad and his team are good people I'm sure they will sort it out.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can someone please post a photo of the what the cpu and gpu are supposed to look like in the VP cabinet ? Mine is just a mess of wires and stuff there, in fact I just have the GPu lying on top of the cpu because there is no room

#2420 3 years ago

Why aren't you calling support? The game was obviously tossed in transit so they would be the best to tell you whats been moved. Brad and his team are good people I'm sure they will sort it out.

Ok I can try this . I gave the cabinet a good wipe down with soap and water but still smells like ass what u guys recommend for inside cabinet ? Coffee grounds ?

#2421 3 years ago

VpCabs was featured on shark tank. wonder if Daymond is still a investor in the company?Wow if you paid close to 10 grand for it . i would be wanting a new one. the computer components don't add up to alot. he has low end computer hardware in it..

#2422 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I don't understand why folks are buying big bulky virtual pins when you can get a VR system and play vpx in virtual reality. Not only is it a space saver but you get the depth that the 2d virtual pins can't provide which is HUGE. Yes you need a strong PC but still, you can buy a VR and amazing pc system for much less.

I can tell you. I use both. VPX with the Virtual addon, Zen FX2 Virtual and Zaccaria Virtual. I also have a great real size cab with every software on it, VPX, FX3, Wicked Pinball, Zaccaria and Pro Pinball. The hardware is a fast Ryzen 7 3700 with a RTX2060 GPU and a 43 Inch 4K 120 Hz Asus monitor with a real RGB Led DMD including Surround Sound Feedback and DOF lighting (755 RGB leds).

The feeling that you get with the real cab is out of this world. You can feel the ball rolling down the playfield, feel it hitting every post, feeling it drain. It has got a shaker, a knocker, a gear motor and even a chime for EM tables. Flashers can blind you like in GOT.

With VR you feel nothing, resolution is very low compared to the cab, the VR Glasses have a small sweet spot where everything is sharp, playing together with others is not possible in any normal way and also the music is pathetic compared to a good sound system with a subwoofer.

The only thing that is slightly better with the VR is the depth because it is 3D, but resolution wise it is not even close.I can tell you that the newest tables on VPX are SO good that you can forget all about the lack of 3D in a few minutes.

I always said that a Vpin can not compare to a real Pinball machine, but it is getting ridiculously close. With the light effects, video integration with Pinup Player and Pinsound integration, it even beats a lot of the real machines. Imagine playing STTNG with video's like in WOZ. That is what is already happening now. VR without the physical extra's will never be as good. In VR I am playing a game, on the Vpin I am playing Pinball !

#2423 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

When waiting to get a pinstubby, there is always the Tankstick. Granted that it lacks the plunger and nudging sensors etc., but its a nice way to get to play the VR tables. One has to change the position of the flipper buttons though - for some reason they have put a lip to the Tankstick that covers a bit too much of the flipper buttons closest to the player. I think I would saw the lip off if I knew how to do it in an elegant way
    [quoted image]

What a strange setup you have got there. This is what I use for VR

20200918_012401 (resized).jpg20200918_012401 (resized).jpg
    #2424 3 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

I can tell you. I use both. VPX with the Virtual addon, Zen FX2 Virtual and Zaccaria Virtual. I also have a great real size cab with every software on it, VPX, FX3, Wicked Pinball, Zaccaria and Pro Pinball. The hardware is a fast Ryzen 7 3700 with a RTX2060 GPU and a 43 Inch 4K 120 Hz Asus monitor with a real RGB Led DMD including Surround Sound Feedback and DOF lighting (755 RGB leds).
    The feeling that you get with the real cab is out of this world. You can feel the ball rolling down the playfield, feel it hitting every post, feeling it drain. It has got a shaker, a knocker, a gear motor and even a chime for EM tables. Flashers can blind you like in GOT.
    With VR you feel nothing, resolution is very low compared to the cab, the VR Glasses have a small sweet spot where everything is sharp, playing together with others is not possible in any normal way and also the music is pathetic compared to a good sound system with a subwoofer.
    The only thing that is slightly better with the VR is the depth because it is 3D, but resolution wise it is not even close.I can tell you that the newest tables on VPX are SO good that you can forget all about the lack of 3D in a few minutes.
    I always said that a Vpin can not compare to a real Pinball machine, but it is getting ridiculously close. With the light effects, video integration with Pinup Player and Pinsound integration, it even beats a lot of the real machines. Imagine playing STTNG with video's like in WOZ. That is what is already happening now. VR without the physical extra's will never be as good. In VR I am playing a game, on the Vpin I am playing Pinball !

Play vr with force feedback and resolution with the latest vr sets is super clear

#2425 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Is it VP Cabs which is either the classic or wizard model or their competitor VirtuaPin?
    Either way, Vizio to me isn’t a high quality brand for a 4K monitor so disappointing to hear that someone is using that.

I went with vituapin, never had an complaints. Cabinet was built really well and the playfield monitor was the arcade type without the bezel. You can take away/add options. I put my own computer together for mine. Got it like 3 or 4 years ago.

#2426 3 years ago

Hi Guys:

I'm interested in buying a ready made Virtual Pinball machine.

I have played a VP Cabs but would like to also play a Virtuapin.

I am visiting Texas shortly and wondering if anyone within a couple of hours drive of DFW happens to have a Virtuapin that I could take a look at?

I would be most grateful!

If you can help, please send me a PM.

Thanks so much.

Roger

#2427 3 years ago

Well I’m out, sold mine in a matter of days.. right when I saw that windows crash logo on the screens after starting one of the games, I was like “see ya”. Windows and me not friends. Most primitive OS on the face of the planet.

#2428 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I’m out, sold mine in a matter of days.. right when I saw that windows crash logo on the screens after starting one of the games, I was like “see ya”. Windows and me not friends. Most primitive OS on the face of the planet.

Good luck on your next purchase of a virtual pinball system running OSX, Linux, or whatever your prefer.

#2429 3 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Good luck on your next purchase of a virtual pinball system running OSX, Linux, or whatever your prefer.

yeah I know its never going to happen, thats why unfortunately I will stick with real machine for now. . Oh well, it was a good try while it lasted.

#2430 3 years ago

Almost ready to order a 4K Virtual Pinball Machine.....

Can you guys who have high spec Virtual Pinball machines, confirm whether your monitor has a 60hz refresh rate or a 120hz refresh rate?

If yours has 120hz refresh rate, would you say it is absolutely worth the extra money for the monitor or is 60hz more than sufficient for most people?

Thanks.

Roger

#2431 3 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Can you guys who have high spec Virtual Pinball machines, confirm whether your monitor has a 60hz refresh rate or a 120hz refresh rate?
    If yours has 120hz refresh rate, would you say it is absolutely worth the extra money for the monitor or is 60hz more than sufficient for most people?
    Thanks.
    Roger

What is the cost increase to come from 60 to 120? And what is your total expense looking like? Can't see the price difference being a back breaker on the deal, get the 120 would be my reco and don't look back!

#2432 3 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Thanks.
    Roger

I use the Asus 120 Hz 43 inch monitor and it is absolutely the best part of the machine. That and the SSF system. My previous machine had 60Hz and it is a world of difference. Highly recommended but only if you get a PC that can provide a good constant 120 Hz.

#2433 3 years ago

I am running 60hz and it works... not seemlessly, there is some ball trails, but hey, I used a Visio 37" 1080p as my PF monitor and an I5 and a 1050TI running VPX

#2434 3 years ago

I honestly dont think you will notice a different...eye test that is everyday, from 60 to 120...splitting hairs imho.

#2435 3 years ago

You need 120. Going high end don't get anything lower.

Get the Asus 4k monitor too not a tv.

#2436 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I honestly dont think you will notice a different...eye test that is everyday, from 60 to 120...splitting hairs imho.

You have clearly never seen it. I was sceptical also, but the ball moves extremely better on a 120 Hz. Sometimes ball travel is very quick and on 60 Hz you really see the ball jumping from spot to spot.

My settings once reverted to 60 Hz after an update of a beta of VPX 10.7 and it was noticeable right away from the very first ball. Luckily it was only a matter of choosing the correct resolution/Hz and all was fine.

#2437 3 years ago

120hz (or higher) is super cool. Go for it for sure. It really makes the movement so much smoother.

#2438 3 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Mind telling us what you're ordering? I really want to build one, but between very little free time in my day to even play my pins much less maintain them and a rib/side injury that's shutting me down some days, it would take me forever.

#2439 3 years ago

iam selling my Virtual Pin for $2500.. will run all the current tables just fine no stutter or lag
    I7 4790 processor,16GB memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 4gigs video card 46" Samsung playfield and 32" LG Backglass has car audio speakers and sub
    IMG_20150409_213901_288 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_213901_288 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_214003_943 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_214003_943 (resized).jpg

#2440 3 years ago

++ on the 4K 120Hz. Built my cab 7 years ago; high-end build (for the time), complete with full force feedback setup, pinDMD (the original!), etc.

Decided to upgrade the guts to be able to explore PinUp, move to 4K, and try to get rid of the slight lag that was still present.

Was lucky enough to score a Nvidia 3080. But I tried to save a few bucks with a Samsung 8000U 4K 60 Hz TV. Even with one of the beefiest GPU’s on the market, ball movement was still not natural. Upgraded tonight to an ASUS PG43U. The different is UNBELIEVABLE. My wife and daughters were blown away (none of them care much about the hobby, for the record. But: the difference was that obvious).

Realize it’s a big chunk of $$$$’s. But: IMO: totally worth it.

As others have said, the Harry Potter and Stranger Things PinPlayer tables are genius. And: I don’t always like PinPacks playing over classic games. But: for some they really shine (eg Indians Jones TPA).

#2441 3 years ago

Monitor is SO important. GPU 1080 is good enough but without the monitor, it's a no go. Good post

#2442 3 years ago

What GPU is required for 120Hz 4k?

I have a pretty powerful setup with an i7-8700K cpu, and a GTX1080 overclocked (This one to be exact: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGMJJ2K) card for use with my Acer ET430K monitor, but now this 120Hz bug is biting... Not that I have an extra $1100 laying around to upgrade, but I am wondering what else it would cost me. New video card too I'm guessing? Google searching (with results from within the past month) are all over the place on what works for 4k and 120Hz with a recent article in PCMag stating that 120Hz 4K in a single video card isn't currently possible, but yet people report that they have been doing that with virtual pinball for a little while now.

Anyone know? Or is it that the monitor is offloading the work and taking a 60Hz 4K input and internally interpolating it to 120Hz?

#2443 3 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

I have a pretty powerful setup with an i7-8700K cpu, and a GTX1080 overclocked (This one to be exact: amazon.com link ») card for use with my Acer ET430K monitor, but now this 120Hz bug is biting... Not that I have an extra $1100 laying around to upgrade, but I am wondering what else it would cost me. New video card too I'm guessing? Google searching (with results from within the past month) are all over the place on what works for 4k and 120Hz with a recent article in PCMag stating that 120Hz 4K in a single video card isn't currently possible, but yet people report that they have been doing that with virtual pinball for a little while now.
    Anyone know? Or is it that the monitor is offloading the work and taking a 60Hz 4K input and internally interpolating it to 120Hz?

Your video card will certainly work harder to push more frames. The thing is though that you may already be capable of that many frames on many tables without knowing it. I would go for the monitor upgrade and see if you have any hiccups with specific games.
    The 1080 is still a pretty powerful card. With the new releases prices should be coming down as well.

#2444 3 years ago

I don’t know anything about ‘Cosmos’ Virtual pinball machines... but $1,500 seems like a real steal... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmos-virtual-pinball#post-5873108

#2445 3 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

I have a pretty powerful setup with an i7-8700K cpu, and a GTX1080 overclocked (This one to be exact: amazon.com link ») card for use with my Acer ET430K monitor, but now this 120Hz bug is biting... Not that I have an extra $1100 laying around to upgrade, but I am wondering what else it would cost me. New video card too I'm guessing? Google searching (with results from within the past month) are all over the place on what works for 4k and 120Hz with a recent article in PCMag stating that 120Hz 4K in a single video card isn't currently possible, but yet people report that they have been doing that with virtual pinball for a little while now.

I know a friend of mine that uses a 1080TI with the 120Hz 4K screen and that works just fine. The myth that gaming is not possible on 120Hz 4K comes from the fact that most gamers that spend that much money want to run the latetst AAA titles on Ultra settings.

Our hobby is fairly easy on the graphics card, as most of the screen is not moving at all but very static. Only the ball moves. Also, if you would buy an Asus 120Hz monitor you could turn on Gsync. Gsyncs makes sure that when your graphics card is not able to provide a constant 120 frames per second, the refresh rate of the monitor is synchronised with the actual frames per second. Hence you do not get stuttering, provided the frames per second do not drop 50 percent or so.

Safe to say with a 1080 you will be ok for some time. I myself use a RTX 2060 and that runs everything perfectly.

#2446 3 years ago

Listed my VP if anyone is looking for a nice one with LEDs flashers, shaker, and solenoids.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/101338

#2447 3 years ago

Saw a relevant discussion on the Visual Pinball Junkies Facebook group today about RetroPlay.

Here is a link, but not sure if it will show up without being a member of that group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPjunkies/permalink/701064113824942

Just sharing a customer experience that someone had so that people know what their "cheaper, fully installed software" setup gets you... This was a $6000 shipped to the US price tag version.

retroplay.jpgretroplay.jpg

Here is the text in case the photo attachment is too hard to read:
    WARNING! RETRO PLAY AUSTRALIA! DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I have received a VP machine from a company in Australia called Retro Play. Biggest mistake of my life. What a piece of shit. Underpowered graphics card (not what I purchased, I received an 1660 not what was advertised). Shuttering in game play, freezing, tables don’t load and are upside down. Videos freezing on back glass. Shaker motor is not genuine (has a screw box upside down as cover). Wiring is a rats nest. Chime bells haven’t worked since day one. Purchased 8 solenoids, received 4 (that don’t work in game play). Lockdown bar is not genuine and has a piece of timber on inside to try to hold in place which was glued and fell off (have to keep pushing lockdown bar up in place. The list goes on and on. Attached photos of inside my machine and links of other problems people are having after some research (I should of done before purchase). Tried to get help and assistance and he is no long replying to messages or phone calls and has blocked me on messenger. I have started legal proceedings to get a full refund to get my money back! I will leave links in comments of YouTube videos I have found.

Here are the YouTube links mentioned:

- Another guy with a RetroPlay and his headaches. Read the comments for a few other experiences from other customers. Watch the video for things like how they "mount" speakers and some of the messy wiring...

A follow up from yesterday from the same guy:

More headaches on crappy packaging of parts that should have worked from the start. He is now asking for a full refund... Again read the comments for other people's experiences as well.

Again, this is from a "low price, fully installed, 'turnkey' " Virtual Pinball company. Bad components, terrible hardware installations, botched software setup, wrong installed hardware, broken and damaged pieces, long and terrible customer service responses...

I am not promoting anyone or any company, and I have no experience with RetroPlay myself for the negative side of things. Just sharing what this guy did on a Facebook group today for you to make your own judgements on what to do and were to buy products.

#2448 3 years ago

That guy sucks through and through. Avoid Retro Play at all costs. The positive online reviews and comments are just him under aliases.

#2449 3 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

Saw a relevant discussion on the Visual Pinball Junkies Facebook group today about RetroPlay.

Wow what a POS. didn't see the inside cabinet, but if the backbox construction is any indication I wouldn't trust shipping that thing. Not to mention the rats nest of cables inside...
    I'd probably rip all that crap out and make the best of a bad situation.
    get what you pay for I guess.

#2450 3 years ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

That guy sucks through and through. Avoid Retro Play at all costs. The positive online reviews and comments are just him under aliases.

I've got to ask then....who is trustworthy and legit (manufactures) in this world of VP???

There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/49?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.