Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,980 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 270 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 80.
    #2201 4 years ago

This is my setup with VPX & Popper. Screen rotates to play dolphin steam, NES, SNES Dreamcast emus. Got wii motes for shooting games like operation Wolf T2 HOTD & others. Has accelerometer for nudge no tilt yet; also has spinner for tempest & others.

IMG_5716 (resized).jpgIMG_5716 (resized).jpg
    #2202 4 years ago

DMD/Backbox on a monitor to the side like that is a really cool solution!

1 week later
    #2203 4 years ago

I finished my newest project, Terminator widebody with the new 43“ 4K 120Hz Asus Gaming Monitor

040369A3-FD68-487C-9976-5A737FBA10F2 (resized).jpeg040369A3-FD68-487C-9976-5A737FBA10F2 (resized).jpeg0B5B5400-856D-4903-898E-D05EB6810E2C (resized).jpeg0B5B5400-856D-4903-898E-D05EB6810E2C (resized).jpeg141D3145-228A-40BB-AD0E-76601384752C (resized).jpeg141D3145-228A-40BB-AD0E-76601384752C (resized).jpeg46D0D4BB-FC86-4BB0-9F0A-DE48D25A4571 (resized).jpeg46D0D4BB-FC86-4BB0-9F0A-DE48D25A4571 (resized).jpeg598223FE-FEC7-4096-A724-5DD1E42E00B2 (resized).jpeg598223FE-FEC7-4096-A724-5DD1E42E00B2 (resized).jpeg637438DA-472B-4A03-AFEC-18867018562A (resized).jpeg637438DA-472B-4A03-AFEC-18867018562A (resized).jpegE0B539EE-9FDF-4A69-AE78-D24D159603A9 (resized).jpegE0B539EE-9FDF-4A69-AE78-D24D159603A9 (resized).jpeg
    #2204 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

I finished my newest project, Terminator widebody with the new 43“ 4K 120Hz Asus Gaming Monitor[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

shiny! How do you like that monitor?

#2205 4 years ago

It’s gorgeous, I never play better on any other pinball

#2206 4 years ago

sweet. I've been keeping an eye on it, but not sure I can justify the upgrade, and rebuilding the cab, and a wider lock bar. I just don't play it enough. maybe someday.

#2207 4 years ago

It's not a fancy cab, but I've been having a blast playing the Nintendo Switch Pinball FX Bally/Williams tables with a TV sitting vertically.

#2208 4 years ago

Question for you all. I've been out of the mix for quite a while. I thought I'd get back into things but just haven't. As such I've already repurposed my CPU from my cab. Is there a market for a cab that needs a CPU? If not, is there a market for the parts from the cab? This thing was loaded. Still have:
    - 7 siemens contactors
    - Ledwiz
    - H-bridge
    - gear motor
    - Shaker motor
    - Polk amp, sub and 5 1/4 speakers
    - 12v power supply
    - 24 volt power supply
    - 46inch LED TV for PF (Samsung)
    - 32 inch LED TV for backglass (Insignia)
    - 19 inch LED TV for DMD (Insignia and decased)
    - Coin door
    - It's also go flashers and lights for RGB colors. I used reg pinball GI bulbs for the RGB effects though so not really anything of any value there.

I obviously still have the powdercoated side rails, hinges for back panel, legs and painted lockbar. Cab is still complete, just without a CPU.

Attached is a picture of the cab. It was a home built cab so not perfect but I did design the artwork with the help of a pro some of you might know (Josh White).

Thoughts on what I should do with this? I was thinking of maybe parting it out or selling the whole thing to someone that wanted a quicker way to get started.

086761fffb887174a50e50f10a6623e8 (resized).jpg086761fffb887174a50e50f10a6623e8 (resized).jpg
    #2209 4 years ago

Thanks MeisterJim for sharing the pics on your cab. Your cab builds are awesome. You need to come to the states and market them.. I want one. Haha. Your ac/dc and T2 cab awesome builds. Welcome back 85Vett thanks for sharing the tables you have done in the past .. nice work.. you been away awhile have you kept up with all the table releases?Theres been alot of cool tables out..

#2210 4 years ago

Unfortunately, I haven't kept up much to much. I did look through the new builds a little bit and quickly noticed that my old (used to feel like a high end PC) now wouldn't cut it thus why it got pulled out of the cab.

Really, all the time I put into those tables kind of burnt me out. Was hoping I'd get the bug again but just haven't. I do hope people still enjoy them but I'm assuming at this point they are old news and deleted off most cabs by now with the new stuff out.

#2211 4 years ago

Check this PupDMD pack that's in development for TNA.

#2212 4 years ago

I read Scott was potentially going to release/help with the assets once the TNA run was over... I've been away from the vpin community for too long, really hope this got his blessing.

#2213 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Question for you all. I've been out of the mix for quite a while. I thought I'd get back into things but just haven't. As such I've already repurposed my CPU from my cab. Is there a market for a cab that needs a CPU? If not, is there a market for the parts from the cab? This thing was loaded. Still have:
    - 7 siemens contactors
    - Ledwiz
    - H-bridge
    - gear motor
    - Shaker motor
    - Polk amp, sub and 5 1/4 speakers
    - 12v power supply
    - 24 volt power supply
    - 46inch LED TV for PF (Samsung)
    - 32 inch LED TV for backglass (Insignia)
    - 19 inch LED TV for DMD (Insignia and decased)
    - Coin door
    - It's also go flashers and lights for RGB colors. I used reg pinball GI bulbs for the RGB effects though so not really anything of any value there.
    I obviously still have the powdercoated side rails, hinges for back panel, legs and painted lockbar. Cab is still complete, just without a CPU.
    Attached is a picture of the cab. It was a home built cab so not perfect but I did design the artwork with the help of a pro some of you might know (Josh White).
    Thoughts on what I should do with this? I was thinking of maybe parting it out or selling the whole thing to someone that wanted a quicker way to get started.[quoted image]

Is the playfield monitor 4k, Samsung model #? How much would you ask for the whole setup?

#2214 4 years ago

I'm not real sure if its 4k. It was a little over 2 thousand $ when I bought it. I'll try to find the serial number.

Whole cab, I'd do 1500 as it sits. Just needs a computer and programming to be a full force feedback system.

It's a beast of a cab so would need to be picked up for sure.

#2215 4 years ago

That’s a great start for someone to get into vpins. Nice rig man! I would sell it as is too, no need to part out.

Quoted from 85vett:

I'm not real sure if its 4k. It was a little over 2 thousand $ when I bought it. I'll try to find the serial number.
    Whole cab, I'd do 1500 as it sits. Just needs a computer and programming to be a full force feedback system.
    It's a beast of a cab so would need to be picked up for sure.

#2216 4 years ago

I want to see some gameplay out of the asus cpu gaming monitor

Currently building one myself out of a nice restored original widebody twilight zone cabinet slowly but surely

Got a monitor and building cpu next
    What’s a good standard to go off of

I want to play many tables

#2217 4 years ago

Appreciate it. It cost me about 6-7k to build so no clue on what it's actually worth. Not virtuapin quality but not hacked up either. Figure that's my, not part it out minimum willing to take price.

If anyone is interested let me know. Not really open to shipping though. If someone does buy it I'll donate to pinside.

#2218 4 years ago

I5 cpu and 4gb Nvidia 1060 or recent
    With ssd drive

Quoted from rollinover:

I want to see some gameplay out of the asus cpu gaming monitor
    Currently building one myself out of a nice restored original widebody twilight zone cabinet slowly but surely
    Got a monitor and building cpu next
    What’s a good standard to go off of
    I want to play many tables

#2219 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

I finished my newest project, Terminator widebody with the new 43“ 4K 120Hz Asus Gaming Monitor[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Exceptional.
    Do you produce to keep or sell?

#2220 4 years ago

85vett where you from? Did u say the playfield tv you paid $2000 for? Is the tvs included? U wouldn't allow freight shipping? I ship pins all the time with NAVL. They have a blanket service. Nothing on your end to do.. They do the shrinkwrap and blanketing for you when its picked up. Iam kinda interested. 85vett Hey if your interested in helping me with some table work drop me a line. I own a GnR Pinball and wanna get the plastics and playfield parts all scanned. Cant seem to get any help on how to do it. The vp sites thrash u for asking. Just saying

#2221 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

Is the playfield monitor 4k, Samsung model #? How much would you ask for the whole setup?

46" Samsung LED UN46D6000SF

Pretty sure it's not 4k. I built the cab 7 or so years ago and I'm not even sure if 4k was a think then. It was fairly early for LED TVs thus the price then.

#2222 4 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

85vett where you from? Did u say the playfield tv you paid $2000 for? Is the tvs included? U wouldn't allow freight shipping? I ship pins all the time with NAVL. They have a blanket service. Nothing on your end to do.. They do the shrinkwrap and blanketing for you when its picked up. Iam kinda interested. 85vett Hey if your interested in helping me with some table work drop me a line. I own a GnR Pinball and wanna get the plastics and playfield parts all scanned. Cant seem to get any help on how to do it. The vp sites thrash u for asking. Just saying

Just concerned with shipping as this thing is heavy. More than a new stern plus it's big. My main reason is I dont want any "you said this or thats" when the new owner was to get it. I hand built everything and it was my very first so it's not perfect by any means.

I'm in Leander TX.

#2223 4 years ago

Can someone please steer me in the right direction where to go to buy a virtual pinball machine (Preloaded - no need to do anything) living in Canada? I’ve just spent a good amount of time Googling this and can find a store that fills me with any confidence I’ll receive a quality machine.

I don’t even mind importing from the US if that makes the most sense.

#2224 4 years ago

Iam in North Dakota if you find a builder/seller that has everything preloaded. Please let me know. I'll keep a look out too.. from what I know . A seller is not allowed to sell a virtual pin with games on it. I understand the concept since it's freeware and the authors that put the tables out dont get a dime off VP sellers. But to me it's like buying a sports car without the engine. The software can be frustrating installing and time consuming. I myself would like to buy a cab all preloaded and set up with everything.

#2225 4 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Iam in North Dakota if you find a builder/seller that has everything preloaded. Please let me know. I'll keep a look out too.. from what I know . A seller is not allowed to sell a virtual pin with games on it. I understand the concept since it's freeware and the authors that put the tables out dont get a dime off VP sellers. But to me it's like buying a sports car without the engine. The software can be frustrating installing and time consuming. I myself would like to buy a cab all preloaded and set up with everything.

Yeah, this is a big debate that goes on and on from both "sides" of the argument.

I understand your analogy, however the engine still costs something that you would have to pay the manufacturer for. With the software, you aren't paying the actual "manufacturers" of it, but are paying someone to "put someone else's engine into your car" for a fee.

Again, I still see your point. I was wondering about that a couple of years ago myself when I was first getting started, so I am not criticizing that. For those of us that have been around for a little while, it isn't a huge deal to setup/update things anymore, but when first starting out it was a little stumped, even with the tutorials out there. Took a few tries, but got it, and learned along the way. Yes, it could be easier, but it isn't horribly terrible either.

With all of that said, we have lost some good tables and table creators from people taking their work, putting it on these pre-setup machines, and selling them. I mean, what is their incentive to offer all of their work for free if someone else is going to turn around and make money off of it by claiming that they are "just charging for the 'time' to set things up?" So now I stand on the side of "don't sell fully configured machines" as I am not talented enough to create tables myself, so I rely on the super-talented people that do all of that work for free not to mention the people that provide the software and tools to make it all work too. Without them, we've got nothing.

You will get other people that are much more aggressive about this, but don't ever really explain their point of view. Hopefully my reply isn't aggressive, but explains how a lot of people feel about this and the desire not to lose the quality talent that make this all possible.

#2226 4 years ago

Yeah, that is diffidently a challenge. I understand the stance of both sides but being an author of about a dozen tables, it did bother me at first seeing my tables on games that were being sold by MFG's at trade shows. I said at first as it didn't bother me for long because realistically speaking, I couldn't in good faith charge someone for that work without then passing on most of that $$$ to Stern (my tables were all stern based) since I was using their game code and artwork for my "creations".

Not saying that is the right way to think about it but my own personal justification for why I no longer was upset about it.

With that said, I strongly suggest that anyone that wants a VP machine to buy one with the maybe the foundation only installed. You need to understand how to set them up because at some point you will want to add new tables or something will go wrong that will require you to adjust some things. Going through the pain (oh I mean fun ) of setting up a machine prepares you for more long term fun/success with the cab as a whole. There are a lot of very helpful people around to that can talk you through any problems you may have at some point. I know when I was setting mine up a member here literally called me to walk me through my problem. I returned the favor by doing that with several people myself once I understood things. I'd offer that again now but with being out of it so long I'm not sure what help I could even be anymore as so much has changed.

#2227 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

With that said, I strongly suggest that anyone that wants a VP machine to buy one with the maybe the foundation only installed. You need to understand how to set them up because at some point you will want to add new tables or something will go wrong that will require you to adjust some things. Going through the pain (oh I mean fun ) of setting up a machine prepares you for more long term fun/success with the cab as a whole. There are a lot of very helpful people around to that can talk you through any problems you may have at some point. I know when I was setting mine up a member here literally called me to walk me through my problem. I returned the favor by doing that with several people myself once I understood things. I'd offer that again now but with being out of it so long I'm not sure what help I could even be anymore as so much has changed.

I'd definitely say this is true. I actually had UltraDMD working on my cab until very recently, and something I did trying to improve it's appearance broke it. The only real reason I haven't taken the time to get it fixed up is that I plan on replacing the computer in it in the next couple of weeks anyway, with one that I already have more or less set up and UltraDMD is working on, and more importantly, works the exact way that I actually want it to.

#2228 4 years ago
    Quoted from LynnInDenver:

I'd definitely say this is true. I actually had UltraDMD working on my cab until very recently, and something I did trying to improve it's appearance broke it. The only real reason I haven't taken the time to get it fixed up is that I plan on replacing the computer in it in the next couple of weeks anyway, with one that I already have more or less set up and UltraDMD is working on, and more importantly, works the exact way that I actually want it to.

Delete Ultra DMD from Registry & re-install. Should take 5 - 7 minutes. I agree with 85Vett you'll def need to familiarize yourself with all of the moving parts that make up VPX & the front end Popper. Only due to the fact that there are usually one or two necessary updates which need to be done to enjoy newer releases. The only one I know that comes pre-loaded is VPcabs but they don't have VPX I think its future pinball & PinballFX2 & 3. It's a huge pita to get working but once you get it going it's well worth the effort Because of the talented community in the hobby there's a ton of tables that I have no desire in physically owning.

#2229 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Delete Ultra DMD from Registry & re-install. Should take 5 - 7 minutes. I agree with 85Vett you'll def need to familiarize yourself with all of the moving parts that make up VPX & the front end Popper. Only due to the fact that there are usually one or two necessary updates which need to be done to enjoy newer releases. The only one I know that comes pre-loaded is VPcabs but they don't have VPX I think its future pinball & PinballFX2 & 3. It's a huge pita to get working but once you get it going it's well worth the effort Because of the talented community in the hobby there's a ton of tables that I have no desire in physically owning.

As I did note, there's a different computer going in there anyway that UltraDMD works on with Freezy's DMD dll, so I'm not going to worry about getting it working on the computer coming out of it before that happens.

#2230 4 years ago

Hey all, just finished my third Vpin and am ready to sell to start my next one. Fully loaded and ready to go in a MM cabinet with powder coated hardware. Dell XPS 8930 PC Core i3-9100 with GTX1060, VR ready, 40” 4K pf, 27” full HD backglass, 15.6” full HD DMD... 10 contactors, analog nudge/tilt, shaker, Knocker, Williams service switch bank, wired door switch, addressable pf LED matrix, undercab LED’s, speaker LED’s, red and blue beacons, rear flasher bar with strobes. One button on/off, external volume control. Located in York, PA. PM for more details.

008CA544-D49A-4E30-9C7F-3867F7B5C084 (resized).jpeg008CA544-D49A-4E30-9C7F-3867F7B5C084 (resized).jpeg3C50AF00-7333-4EB2-AF5C-0D5C688FC5B4 (resized).jpeg3C50AF00-7333-4EB2-AF5C-0D5C688FC5B4 (resized).jpeg69FD081A-1030-4F00-AA77-E863BA51F573 (resized).jpeg69FD081A-1030-4F00-AA77-E863BA51F573 (resized).jpegA5C43936-25CF-47B7-91D7-EA4058F9E4DE (resized).jpegA5C43936-25CF-47B7-91D7-EA4058F9E4DE (resized).jpeg
    #2231 4 years ago

just got vpx vr working well with my rift S and it's absolutely bonkers. I see no reason now to build another physical cab. The 3d really tricks the brain.

If anyone wants to build me a small controller with force feedback and nudge, PM me.

Really impressed. SS at 1.75 it's so clear. Running a GTX 1080 with i5 8600k and 16gb ram and it's playing well.

#2232 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

just got vpx vr working well with my rift S and it's absolutely bonkers. I see no reason now to build another physical cab. The 3d really tricks the brain.
    If anyone wants to build me a small controller with force feedback and nudge, PM me.
    Really impressed. SS at 1.75 it's so clear. Running a GTX 1080 with i5 8600k and 16gb ram and it's playing well.

I bought the Oculus Quest, looks like I need to buy a new computer now.
    Also looking for a nice controller that would work games played back from the PC or PinballFX for Oculus Quest. Arcade Tank Stick would not work with Oculus Quest after all.

#2233 4 years ago

Will a lcd work in a vp cab
    Or is everyone using LED and 4k

#2234 4 years ago

I have a 1080p 37 or 40 inch LCD in my pincab for the playfield(I forget). No problem. I have 2 more LCDs for the backglass and score display.

Quoted from rollinover:

Will a lcd work in a vp cab
    Or is everyone using LED and 4k

#2235 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

I bought the Oculus Quest, looks like I need to buy a new computer now.
    Also looking for a nice controller that would work games played back from the PC or PinballFX for Oculus Quest. Arcade Tank Stick would not work with Oculus Quest after all.

I thought the Quest was the stand alone unit.

#2236 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lonzo:

I thought the Quest was the stand alone unit.

It was, but now there is the Oculus Link -cable:
    https://www.polygon.com/virtual-reality/2019/11/25/20982340/oculus-link-review-tests-latency

#2237 4 years ago

AWESOME Build Cherga. Do u sell it with all the software installed including PinPup or pinpup whatever it's called. Tables n roms I know how to install. Dont need those.. software is the issues I have.. iam looking for a Cab with all the software installed. Any from the North Dakota area or close by?

1 week later
    #2238 4 years ago

OMG finally decided to upgrade from VP9 to VPX forgot what a pain it is to download each table. Anyone know of any download tricks?

#2239 4 years ago

My trick is skip the games you don't love. No one needs hundreds of games.

#2240 4 years ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

Very true.

#2241 4 years ago

Slow and steady.

#2242 4 years ago

I still remember when I started putting tables on my cabinet, I told my wife "I just want about 20 really good pinball tables, and no more." (This was on the heals of a conversation we had about how ridiculous my MAME machine is with over 5000 games to scroll through, and most of those are games that we don't care about and just scroll through.)

So, fast forward about 18 months, and while I don't have some massive collection, I am at 174 tables now. I can't imagine how people with 500, 1000, or more tables deal with updates.

#2243 4 years ago

Anybody found a good build or place to buy one of the "pinsim" style controllers for VR? I would love to have nudging and some feedback added in there. Thanks!

#2244 4 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Anybody found a good build or place to buy one of the "pinsim" style controllers for VR? I would love to have nudging and some feedback added in there. Thanks!

Same here!

#2245 4 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:Anybody found a good build or place to buy one of the "pinsim" style controllers for VR? I would love to have nudging and some feedback added in there. Thanks!

I recently finished building one...and showcased it at a number of local events here in town. I took a ton of pics along the way but haven’t created a build page with instructions yet. Happy to answer any questions about it, the experience it provides, suggestions, etc...

F94D88F0-B9E5-4176-B975-578DB6B67B45 (resized).jpegF94D88F0-B9E5-4176-B975-578DB6B67B45 (resized).jpeg
    #2246 4 years ago
    Quoted from WindRaidor:

I recently finished building one...and showcased it at a number of local events here in town. I took a ton of pics along the way but haven’t created a build page with instructions yet. Happy to answer any questions about it, the experience it provides, suggestions, etc...[quoted image]

That is cool! I was initially thinking of a little more depth to give it some heft. How does yours feel? Does adding some weight to the base change things?

#2247 4 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

That is cool! I was initially thinking of a little more depth to give it some heft. How does yours feel? Does adding some weight to the base change things?

Adding more depth is a great idea to incorporate. It would stabilize things a bit. At a conference it was at, the leg levelers eventually loosened and it started to get uneven. It almost tipped forward and fell on top of one kid who was playing it and pulling on the plunger. Quickly adjusted and re-tightened the leveler.

I really feel like having visual pinball be VR compatible now is a game changer. We just need someone in the VR dev community to make a Hyperpin front-end that is VR based so we can table select easily and bring it all together.

#2248 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure 90% of the virtual pinball tables out there have 300+ games that mostly play like shit. I'm pretty sure this is why virtual pinball gets a bad rap.

Quoted from A_Bord:

Anyone know why in VPX/Virtual PinMAME I can't move the DMD? I'm supposed to be able to right click on it to resize and move, but right click does nothing.

#2249 4 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Also I would have need for one. Maybe VirtuaPin could help and create a ready-made solution for us with analog plunger etc?

#2250 4 years ago

You want to move the DMD in vpinmame? Easy, click it with the mouse and drag it where you want it. If it goes back to the same position when you relaunch the table, you have something set in the script that is fixing the location.

Quoted from jalpert:

I'm pretty sure 90% of the virtual pinball tables out there have 300+ games that mostly play like shit. I'm pretty sure this is why virtual pinball gets a bad rap.

Anyone know why in VPX/Virtual PinMAME I can't move the DMD? I'm supposed to be able to right click on it to resize and move, but right click does nothing.

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/45?hl=tech25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.