Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 80.
    #2151 4 years ago

My Acdc its Finaly finish, all mods are installed.

This is my best Build i ever made ❤️

Here Little Action ingame

2A9C2570-A8B9-4562-8636-7AD7FFA61DDA (resized).jpeg2A9C2570-A8B9-4562-8636-7AD7FFA61DDA (resized).jpeg461A1B0F-1038-4F53-BB2A-BD4D3E2F7263 (resized).jpeg461A1B0F-1038-4F53-BB2A-BD4D3E2F7263 (resized).jpeg52EAA4D9-DC66-4B46-95E1-1945B23192C5 (resized).jpeg52EAA4D9-DC66-4B46-95E1-1945B23192C5 (resized).jpeg891BDF8D-60C7-412A-9DFD-77A23558BD18 (resized).jpeg891BDF8D-60C7-412A-9DFD-77A23558BD18 (resized).jpegA358E038-4515-4F82-A3C8-6D0B973F2CCD (resized).jpegA358E038-4515-4F82-A3C8-6D0B973F2CCD (resized).jpegE16F04EA-6F99-481D-8CF9-7D376AA65DE5 (resized).jpegE16F04EA-6F99-481D-8CF9-7D376AA65DE5 (resized).jpeg
    #2152 4 years ago

Looks AWESOME! Could you build and sell me one please

2 weeks later
    #2153 4 years ago

Iam looking for someone that uses TeamViewer and that would be interested in checking out my computer on my cab to see if all my Vp stuff is update and running Top Speed. This Vp software isnt my forte and can be complicated. I will pay for someone to install Pinpup,Future Pinball,pinball Fx,Pinball arcade, the latest Vp 10.6 updated pinmame and Sam build. There should be virtual pinball techs out there just like working on PC's that will fine tune everything .. Thanks Appreciate the help. $$$$$$$$$$$$

#2154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

Holy Crap...that is by far the best build I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of machines.

#2155 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Holy Crap...that is by far the best build I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of machines.

+1 to that, my buddy and I both built our own machines, and I sent him that very link just today. He was saying the next virtual pin I will build will be the ultimate AC/DC virtual pin. I said too late, it has been done already.

#2156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really wanted to add a lockdown bar button to my cabinet, It's a virtua pinball widebody. specifically for games like this.
    Nice build, looks really good.

#2157 4 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

Nice machine!
    I ended up putting slots in to slide my 43" 4K monitor in from the back to also get rid of any bezel from view. I recessed some addressable LED strips above the playfield monitor and covered those with tinted Plexiglas that hides everything flush until the LEDs kick in. I also created slots for the backbox monitor to slide in from the top of the backbox, again for a "zero bezel" look. I think that things look a LOT better when the screen is more edge to edge like that.
    Now, I did have to get a custom lockdown bar as this pushed things to be 3/8" wider than a standard WPC sized cabinet, and I had to de-case and reinforce the 43" monitor to squeeze as much in there as possible and to the naked eye, it looks the same width as my Theater of Magic pinball that sits right next to it and doesn't need extra wood attached to the outside to hide the slots for the playfield or provide structural reinforcement. It was a bit pricier to get the custom lockdown though...
    By sliding in the back, I can get my monitor all the way up to my lockdown bar and not have that gap up front by the flippers, so my flippers on screen and the flipper buttons are more accurately aligned. I managed to get the buttons and plunger to be in the standard locations (unlike a lot of people who drop their plunger down low or put it below a "Launch Ball" button, which to me looks odd if trying to emulate an authentic pinball cabinet and layout.)
    I did fill the upper part above the playfield with an LED matrix that works great for both a filler as well as added effects.
    Just a different approach that I wanted to share for people that are interested in some of the options.
    You are 100% right though that it looks way better without the visible bezels, and anyone on the fence about virtual pinball should really give it a shot. It is a lot of fun.
    Sorry that my attached photos aren't better quality.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Tom did an amazing job with that ghostbusters table. I never bothered getting it, since I have the table itself... but then figured I might as well. By then it was to late . Is there another place to download it?

#2158 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

Tom did an amazing job with that ghostbusters table. I never bothered getting it, since I have the table itself... but then figured I might as well. By then it was to late . Is there another place to download it?

Trade you for a World Cup Soccer 94 (the one by Alessio that was lost when MBPC shut down). Been looking for that one with no luck.

#2159 4 years ago

Iam looking for someone that uses TeamViewer and that would be interested in checking out my computer on my cab to see if all my Vp stuff is update and running Top Speed. This Vp software isnt my forte and can be complicated. I will pay for someone to install Pinpup,Future Pinball,pinball Fx,Pinball arcade, PinSound the latest Vp 10.6 updated pinmame and Sam build. There should be virtual pinball techs out there just like working on PC's that will fine tune everything .. Thanks Appreciate the help. $$$$$$$$$$$$

#2160 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

Trade you for a World Cup Soccer 94 (the one by Alessio that was lost when MBPC shut down). Been looking for that one with no luck.

I have a WCS94 but i'm not really sure if it's the right one as i only named it wcs94 1.1 and script has no comments or whatsoever inside.

Quoted from gregh43:

Iam looking for someone that uses TeamViewer and that would be interested in checking out my computer on my cab to see if all my Vp stuff is update and running Top Speed. This Vp software isnt my forte and can be complicated. I will pay for someone to install Pinpup,Future Pinball,pinball Fx,Pinball arcade, PinSound the latest Vp 10.6 updated pinmame and Sam build. There should be virtual pinball techs out there just like working on PC's that will fine tune everything .. Thanks Appreciate the help. $$$$$$$$$$$$

PM me, i can help you with that...

#2161 4 years ago

If anyone needs that GB game, send me a pm and I can share a link.

By the way, have you guys tried the new TOTAN 4K table that came out a few days ago? It has to be the most visually amazing virtual table I've ever seen.

#2162 4 years ago

Hi all,

I’m in the process of planning to upgrade my cab to 4K. Has anyone used an Intel NUC with an eGPU in their cabs?

#2163 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

I think I got my WCS94 table from http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/
    why is that site down? I haven't been there in a while.

#2164 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

I think I got my WCS94 table from http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/
    why is that site down? I haven't been there in a while.

The guy running it determined it wasn't worth the time anymore, between keeping the crackers out who wanted to use the server for their own ends/advertising, and the threat of the EU copyright thing that's been coming down the pike, and closed it.

#2165 4 years ago
    Quoted from LynnInDenver:

The guy running it determined it wasn't worth the time anymore, between keeping the crackers out who wanted to use the server for their own ends/advertising, and the threat of the EU copyright thing that's been coming down the pike, and closed it.

that really sucks, yeah I looked for the later VPX version of world cup and it doesn't exist. VPforums eventually gets most of those tables.

Quoted from GTO:

not sure if there was a later release past 1/3/2019. Think I still have the original download with the version number, but I'd have to dig around for it.

#2167 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

By the way, have you guys tried the new TOTAN 4K table that came out a few days ago? It has to be the most visually amazing virtual table I've ever seen.

I've downloaded it, but I haven't loaded it up on the cab yet.

#2168 4 years ago

Does anyone have the Cuphead table with the music tracks who would be willing to share? TIA

#2169 4 years ago

I am revamping my un-themed virtual cabinet and turning it into an AFM that happens to also play everything else... its a 37" monitor table set into a standard cabinet... This gives me the back panel area to put toys and flashers on so here is what I am putting in it... this is a mockup of the final panel but I have all the 3d printed parts designed and test printed... Now I need to make a few special modifications and finish the build... the saucers will flash with the mini flashers in the game, and they will shake front to back. they will shake side to side when the mothership shake solenoid is activated during a game. Thought about using it as a topper but I have another idea for that... I liked the AFMR-LE Jumping Martian topper, but That is a LOT of 3d sculpting I am NOT going to do... just to look like an AFMR-LE... I like more "one of a kind" things... like this.

Back panel mockup (resized).jpgBack panel mockup (resized).jpg
    #2170 4 years ago

I’ve been working on and off bringing a wide body machine together with 3 monitors. I probably have 40 hours of time invested in it already and am up to 70ish fully working tables, all running above 60fps. It takes a lot of dedication to make these play smooth but it’s very rewarding when you have everything running perfectly.

#2171 4 years ago

I have all my tables tested and working in my cabinet. Now looking for a front end to install, should I go with PinballX or PinUp Popper? Pros and cons?

#2172 4 years ago

PinballX has one big, big con for me... it has an override against key settings in Visual Pinball that's set to "on" by default. I can understand why it's there - it technically reduces the number of places you need to configure cabinet buttons - but many of the support issues of "my flipper buttons don't work when I run from PinballX" and "now I can't exit the tables" comes from this very thing. It's very much a "break the user experience" thing, and you would need to run from a fresh VPX install to make it work right that way.

#2173 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

I have all my tables tested and working in my cabinet. Now looking for a front end to install, should I go with PinballX or PinUp Popper? Pros and cons?

POPPER

#2174 4 years ago

I use PinballY as I find it runs everything much faster than PinballX. Starts faster, loads faster, vids come back faster

I would use Popper if I wanted more fun and different themes etc. It's a very customizable program and runs lightning fast as well

#2175 4 years ago

Is it true that Popper can auto record your playfield videos?

#2176 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

Is it true that Popper can auto record your playfield videos?

Yes it can, but if you have a lot of media to record, this can take a VERY long time.

I recently moved over to Popper from PinballX and I haven't looked back, much more responsive.

#2177 4 years ago
    Quoted from slippifishi:

Yes it can, but if you have a lot of media to record, this can take a VERY long time.
    I recently moved over to Popper from PinballX and I haven't looked back, much more responsive.

Great to hear! I have a ton of tables, so it will probably take a while. I'll try Popper. I tried PinballX last weekend and I had the issue that Lynn described with the buttons reconfiguring and being unplayable. I uninstalled and was going to try it again, but figured why not check out Popper first. Fingers crossed!

#2178 4 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

Great to hear! I have a ton of tables, so it will probably take a while. I'll try Popper. I tried PinballX last weekend and I had the issue that Lynn described with the buttons reconfiguring and being unplayable. I uninstalled and was going to try it again, but figured why not check out Popper first. Fingers crossed!

I've used PinballX on a couple of builds. I've heard Popper is nice as well. To be honest, I need a simple interface and PinballX works just fine. In fact, one of my builds uses a lower end PC and I have static images for the backglass and the playfield for the menu. I don't need videos or anything fancy, I just want the tables to play properly once they start.

I have run into the button mapping issue with PinballX but from what I recall, it wasn't very hard to sort it out. Not sure why people are having a big problem with it unless I'm misunderstaning what the issue is.

I did want to try PinballY and see how well it works. Might be something to test out.

#2179 4 years ago

I’ve been using PinballX for a year or so and have had no issues at all with buttons. I can’t remember if I had to adjust something when I set it up or if that’s something that was added after my build as I haven't updated it since I got it running.
    It would be cool to have the video backglasses so I might experiment with popper.

#2180 4 years ago
    Quoted from dzorbas:

I have run into the button mapping issue with PinballX but from what I recall, it wasn't very hard to sort it out. Not sure why people are having a big problem with it unless I'm misunderstaning what the issue is.

It can be easy to sort out once you find out what's going on. The biggest issue is that you set the keys in VPX, start setting up PinballX, and it can wind up undoing all your work, and some people wind up assumingthat VPX is not saving the key setup, when it's PinballX overwriting it. I found it pretty quickly, but some people struggle with it and pretty much go to the forums, say, "VPX isn't saving keys, I go back to the front end and we're borked again, what the hell," and someone always has to walk them through the process.

I don't mind the setting being present, I just don't like that the default is "overwrite VPX key assignments".

I use Pinup Popper at this point for my front end. I was setting up a cabinet, and Popper came with all the nifty tools "straight out of the box" to help get everything all set up. PinballX is only just catching up, there was a period of time you could tell it was the only front end available, it wasn't very easy to set up at all.

2 weeks later
    #2181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I am revamping my un-themed virtual cabinet and turning it into an AFM that happens to also play everything else... its a 37" monitor table set into a standard cabinet... This gives me the back panel area to put toys and flashers on so here is what I am putting in it... this is a mockup of the final panel but I have all the 3d printed parts designed and test printed... Now I need to make a few special modifications and finish the build... the saucers will flash with the mini flashers in the game, and they will shake front to back. they will shake side to side when the mothership shake solenoid is activated during a game. Thought about using it as a topper but I have another idea for that... I liked the AFMR-LE Jumping Martian topper, but That is a LOT of 3d sculpting I am NOT going to do... just to look like an AFMR-LE... I like more "one of a kind" things... like this.[quoted image]

Love it!

Thinking of getting a vcab wizard Running out of space in the game room.

1 month later
    #2182 4 years ago

There is my newest creation 4k Attack from mars theme with full SSF Feedback

172C5286-1AA9-4BF7-8613-D62902B56611 (resized).jpeg172C5286-1AA9-4BF7-8613-D62902B56611 (resized).jpeg220D6453-0844-4910-95A0-3BF56D259547 (resized).jpeg220D6453-0844-4910-95A0-3BF56D259547 (resized).jpeg312199B2-6614-456B-BBF6-050DE1ABB259 (resized).jpeg312199B2-6614-456B-BBF6-050DE1ABB259 (resized).jpeg467A0CEC-BA94-4337-B4E7-D83DA56FAC21 (resized).jpeg467A0CEC-BA94-4337-B4E7-D83DA56FAC21 (resized).jpeg75EAAAA7-BBB4-48FF-AE60-0A64915D2B39 (resized).jpeg75EAAAA7-BBB4-48FF-AE60-0A64915D2B39 (resized).jpeg7E9715A9-4F2E-443D-BC05-340F75C208D3 (resized).jpeg7E9715A9-4F2E-443D-BC05-340F75C208D3 (resized).jpeg3E57EE5F-9B49-4459-A08D-63957D9B8E47 (resized).jpeg3E57EE5F-9B49-4459-A08D-63957D9B8E47 (resized).jpeg76C18BA6-1F4A-4CED-9FBE-8137E397514E (resized).jpeg76C18BA6-1F4A-4CED-9FBE-8137E397514E (resized).jpegA53EE9E0-3D80-4E44-9547-7E6AA8827A31 (resized).jpegA53EE9E0-3D80-4E44-9547-7E6AA8827A31 (resized).jpegA99B8EBC-4482-4D43-A736-D9BF0589E5D3 (resized).jpegA99B8EBC-4482-4D43-A736-D9BF0589E5D3 (resized).jpeg6F30B553-DFA1-4351-8913-0DA844522C3D (resized).jpeg6F30B553-DFA1-4351-8913-0DA844522C3D (resized).jpeg948D2ECD-FD39-4E5A-BDAD-4A5303BA9D6E (resized).jpeg948D2ECD-FD39-4E5A-BDAD-4A5303BA9D6E (resized).jpeg
    #2185 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

There is my newest creation 4k Attack from mars theme with full SSF Feedback[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a great build! Would love to play one with full feedback someday

#2186 4 years ago

trust me its vpx next level

#2187 4 years ago

Neat! How do you like your flashers? I started out with different color domes like you, with single color flash lamps. Once I realized that default DOF table configurations are designed for 3 or 5 RGB flashers I ended up changing to clear domes (with five 3W RGB LED flashers).

#2188 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

There is my newest creation 4k Attack from mars theme with full SSF Feedback

Might I ask what the ballpark build cost is for something like that?

#2189 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grimstead:

Might I ask what the ballpark build cost is for something like that?

I will let him respond too, but a lot depends on the hardware you put into it. I have an overkill i7 based machine with more graphics power than I should need for some time, I am using a 4K monitor instead of a cheaper 4K TV for the playfield and a good non-4K backglass monitor instead of (again) a cheaper TV. I am using a Pin2DMD vs a cheaper (but not necessarily worse, just different) LCD display, I also have addressable LED strips that run down the sides of my playfield, and an 8x72 fully addressable LED matrix above the back of the playfield. Full SSF for feedback, multiple subs, quality speakers, real plunger and coin door and not just a "launch button" (I do also have a launch button by the way). Fully built cabinet vs. a cheap used one and a lot of elbow grease to clean it up, new metal parts, so on and so on. There are a lot of variable into any machine. The examples shown by "Jim" are top notch in other elements like custom color metal parts and so forth.

For me, I wanted top performance, a clean build, and something that didn't look like it compromised anything. For example, you won't see any bezel from the monitors on my build, but a lot of people have bezel showing, that takes more time and planning to eliminate. For mine, you will also see that things ike the plunger are in the proper location. A lot of builds just put it wherever (usually a bit lower than normal) which is odd to me. Again, just more planning than anything else. Not a cost thing anyway. Being strategic about buttons also helps with a clean look. Some have buttons all over the front of their cab, others hide them. I have 2 buttons under my cabinet for the main volume. I use buttons behind the coin returns that work for adding coins for games not set to free play. Then just the start, buy-in, exit buttons on the left, and a launch ball button under the plunger. All other buttons are inside the coin door, like on a real pin.

So if you plan ahead, you can build one heck of a machine. I spent more time planning than anything, and it still took me months to get everything perfect for the first build. I didn't want to be one of those people saying "next time, I'll do ___ different" or "next time, I'll fix _____." I wanted it right the first time because I don't want to feel the need to rebuild anything. All in, I would hate to count it all up, but over $2400 for the computer, $650 for the playfield monitor, $200 for the backglass monitor. Speakers, amps, subs, force feedback are all another couple hundred. $200 for the Pin2DMD. $50 for playfield glass. $150 for the plunger. $125 for a shaker motor. $75 for the coin door, another chunk for buttons, wiring, and such. About $$300 - $350 for the new legs and other metal parts (I needed a custom sized lock down bar that ran me $150). I think I spent $45+ for each sheet of plywood (to get some decent stuff) and used 2 sheets. Decal printing was $100. The addressable LEDs were a learning process. I found out the hard way that cheap LEDs are, well, cheap. I had to scrap 6 strips of 144LEDs and re-buy nicer ones to get them not to glitch out, but if I just bought the nicer once from the start, I still would have had over $100 just for the LEDs. I also needed a $60 sheet of tinted plexiglass that I used to hide the addressable LEDs on the sides of the playfield as well as cover the LED matrix so that you don't see them until they activate.

I'm sure that there are a number of other bits and pieces that I am missing.

Others have totally functioning budget builds too. Like I said, there is a wide range of pricing, and while my build adds up pretty quickly, it is still less expensive and has more features (a LOT more features) than the mainstream cabinet builders. Jim makes some top notch stuff, so I don't know where his prices would fall, but I would expect it to be a pretty shiny penny to two.

Attached are 2 images of my cabinet that I made sitting next to my Theatre of Magic pinball cabinet. I modeled it to be nearly identical in side to the TOM machine. The only difference is that the virtual cabinet is 3/8" wider to allow me to fit a 43" 4K monitor. That 3/8" cost me basically $150 for the custom lockdown bar. The height, length, backbox size, angles, etc are all identical even if the picture angles don't show it well. I just noticed that the pictures I had don't show the LED matrix, and the side view has an odd shadow that make it look like the playfield is really far down into the cabinet. Sorry.
    TOM&VP1.jpgTOM&VP1.jpgVP.jpgVP.jpg

#2190 4 years ago

Hey guys, In the Last 3 years I Build many cabs and I think now I do a good job I try to build all very clean and nice. This pinball coast me 4500€ in material.

Specs

Iiyama 40“ 4k Monitor
    BenQ 28“ Monitor
    Pin2dmd
    And Ryzen 2600
    Gigabyte Auros Elite mainboard
    16GB DDR3 3733 MHz RAM
    500GB m.2 ssd pcie
    GTX 1070 OC Edition.
    Full SSF 4 exciters 3x bass shaker
    3x amps

Original Stern speaker Panel Front
    Rgb speaker lights
    Undercab Lightning
    Flasher in playfield
    Real maple wood cabinet custom build
    Complete stern pinball parts with full working lockbar with fire button
    Custom powdercoat parts with neon metal flakes
    ESG playfield Glas
    Moody 2.1 Soundsystem
    Pinscape Controller with powerboard
    Real plunger
    Flipperbuttons with lights

Here some pic inside the cabinet
    And yes I build also the vpin to have the real pinball feeling.

3BEDA008-E052-470B-8386-A1E7DBF3BBEC (resized).jpeg3BEDA008-E052-470B-8386-A1E7DBF3BBEC (resized).jpeg3D72147A-6CA8-4A78-A019-306BE986751E (resized).jpeg3D72147A-6CA8-4A78-A019-306BE986751E (resized).jpegE768AC40-737C-4173-8466-518323F32CCE (resized).jpegE768AC40-737C-4173-8466-518323F32CCE (resized).jpeg
    #2191 4 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

I will let him respond too, but a lot depends on the hardware you put into it....

Quoted from Meisterjim:

Hey guys, In the Last 3 years I Build many cabs and I think now I do a good job I try to build all very clean and nice. This pinball coast me 4500€ in material...

Thank you both for the replies & information, this is really helpful. I think the 5K ballpark is very reasonable.

I have not been able to try out a table yet but I'm very intrigued in adding one to my game room. I've heard a lot of arguments regarding if they are as good as the real thing. My take is that I'm not trying to replace any of my machines but I love the idea of being able to play many different tables without the extra room (or cash for that matter).

I guess my next question to you both, how are these high-end machines you built, compare to the actual tables & is there anything that stands out as a weakness to the real thing?

Thanks again for your time...

#2192 4 years ago

There's a new arcade1up style VP machine coming out soon. It looks like junk but maybe it'll inspire something better...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Haunted-House-Black-Hole-3D-Digital-Pinball-Machine-12-in-1-Gottlieb-Titles-ToyShock-77000/211973564

#2193 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

There's a new arcade1up style VP machine coming out soon. It looks like junk but maybe it'll inspire something better...
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Haunted-House-Black-Hole-3D-Digital-Pinball-Machine-12-in-1-Gottlieb-Titles-ToyShock-77000/211973564

You know, I was laughing these off but it's $400 and I am SURE it can be modded. It also includes an actual plunger and nudging/tilt detection. That's pretty good actually - those parts being commoditized is quite a major step. I'm sure it's made out of cardboard but it does include "real metal legs"! And apparently 70% the size of an actual machine? (uh, sure)

#2194 4 years ago

I heard a rumor that Stern was going to put out a virtual machine. If that happened I would be getting that

1 week later
    #2195 4 years ago

These are awesome. We almost bought the $400 game at Walmart yesterday. Is there a good VP I can get for $1,000 that's better than the Walmart game? I almost bought a Vertigo and then ended up buying something else. My kids want me to buy a VP and a multicade machine.

#2196 4 years ago

You can’t buy a complete vpin for 1k, they are considerably more since the need the graphics and cpu power To emulate the most demanding dmds. Older games require less. Most people got excited for the 3/4 scale game for 400 since this the lowest cost game that still can give you the experience. You can always build your own hut it takes time and money but a huge reward at the end. I have 744 tables on my vpin. Always something to play

M

Quoted from Looprunner:These are awesome. We almost bought the $400 game at Walmart yesterday. Is there a good VP I can get for $1,000 that's better than the Walmart game? I almost bought a Vertigo and then ended up buying something else. My kids want me to buy a VP and a multicade machine.

#2197 4 years ago

I'm selling hardware i was going to use to build a Vpin but had to put it on hold. So if need some cheap pc hardware see my post

SOLD!
    Other - For Sale
    “I have a few computer parts i was going to use to build arcade/virtual pinball cab. I can sell all together or as a single item. Ryzen 3200G cpu built in Vega 8 Graphics 8GB Sams...”
    2019-11-29
    Baltimore, MD
    Archived after: 3 days
    Viewed: 189 times

#2198 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You can’t buy a complete vpin for 1k, they are considerably more since the need the graphics and cpu power To emulate the most demanding dmds. Older games require less. Most people got excited for the 3/4 scale game for 400 since this the lowest cost game that still can give you the experience. You can always build your own hut it takes time and money but a huge reward at the end. I have 744 tables on my vpin. Always something to play
    M

Thanks. I assumed that may be the case. It might be a fun project for us to do this winter.

#2199 4 years ago

You can always check on Craigslist classifieds . Theres always Virtual pinballs for sale. Or for starters you can play the Vp tables right on your desktop computer or laptop. You wont get the cab experience but can check out the pinball tables and play em.

#2200 4 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

You can always check on Craigslist classifieds . Theres always Virtual pinballs for sale. Or for starters you can play the Vp tables right on your desktop computer or laptop. You wont get the cab experience but can check out the pinball tables and play em.

This, plus lay a TV flat on some saw horses, and use an XArcade tank stick or something. Quick and easy, let's you get started and somewhat get the feel.

There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/44?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.