Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,980 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 270 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 80.
    #2051 5 years ago

Looks nice . do you build any to sell? i have quite a few empty cabs.

#2052 5 years ago

Looking at the cut out sides on the cabinet and backbox makes me want to say "ouch".

A lot of people are putting in 40" displays with really small bezels into a standard WPC 95 style cabinet. Heck, I have a 43" 4K monitor in a cabinet that is just 1/2" wider than a standard WPC 95 cabinet. I did have to decase it and router out the sides, but not all the way removed and then covered by big side-rails. So a "current" model 40" should fit easily into a standard cabinet without too much effort or chopping through the whole cabinet side.

My backbox is the same width as my Theatre of Magic backbox but .25" wider, so putting a 30" in a standard WPC 95 backbox without cutting all the way through is doable as well. Finding a 30" TV or monitor on the other hand is not so easy. I did NOT decase that monitor, but did router in a slot so that the monitor slides in from the top and the bezel is 100% hidden. I now have a playfield with zero visible bezel (and no filler strips) so it is completely 100% side to side screen, and my backbox monitor has no visible bezel on the sides or top or bottom, again giving a full "edge to edge" image which looks great. Maybe a decased 32" would fit since 30" is nearly impossible to find.

To each their own. We all have our own limitations from donor cabinet sizes, to tools, to reusing/buying used/buying new all of the parts.

I build my cabinet from scratch giving me a little extra flexibility, but it was based off of the exact measurements of my Theatre of Magic, and then just made 1/2" wider to fit the 43" 4K playfield monitor. My DMD/Speaker panel is a little taller to fill in what would have been a gap, but that it about it.

#2053 5 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

Looking at the cut out sides on the cabinet and backbox makes me want to say "ouch".

Yes, it makes me say ouch now as well! This was an extreme budget build. I have a total of around $600 CDN invested in this thing and $200 of that was the cabinet. Mainly a proof of concept. The playfield is a 40" Sony and the backglass is a 32" Samsung, both older models, thus hefty. If I was going to build another one I already have a few different ideas on how it would be done. I'd be looking for brand new screens that fit the cabinet better. I didn't care so much about notching the main cab because it's all covered by the rails. The backbox was a different story.

Looking back, I should have tried to save the graphics because they are simple and cool. Live and learn I guess. It isn't loaded with toys or anything like that but it plays perfectly fine. Some games need some tweaking to ease the load on the PC but for what is invested, it works just fine.

IMG_20181102_2112394 (resized).jpgIMG_20181102_2112394 (resized).jpg

IMG_20181102_2113022 (resized).jpgIMG_20181102_2113022 (resized).jpg

IMG_20181102_2113348 (resized).jpgIMG_20181102_2113348 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #2054 5 years ago

A little off topic...
    I just finished a MAME cab and wanted to share

#2055 5 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

A little off topic...

Nicely done. Looks great. Good choice on running the ultrawide for the marquee. I have one also and haven't seen many since I built my cab. It adds a lot to the whole experience IMO.
    I didn't watch your whole video but here's a couple things you may want to try out. Servosticks with RGB Joysticks. And Launchbox/Bigbox.
    Like I said, nice job.

Junky

#2056 5 years ago

Thanks Boogies for sharing the video. Looks Fricken Awesome. Wish I had a Arcade mschine like yours. You do such Amazing work. your Virtual Pinball is great too.. Would you build and sell em? or share out your plans.. would like to have one built

#2057 5 years ago

I'm new to virtual pinball and I am having a problem with a used Virtuapin (I am the 2nd owner) and would like to find someone in the CNY area that I could pay to service it. The machine is located in Cortland, NY. I'll be glad to share more specific info concerning the problem when contacted.

Thanks for any help!

#2058 5 years ago

So we're moving to a condo and I'm thinking about selling my pins and buying a virtual pin. I've played Boogie's and really liked it.

Any ideas on which are the best? I see some advertised on EBay with over 1000 games.

Looking for something low maintainence. Besides the noise and space issue, maintainence is a factor. I always thought they rarely break down but I notice them out of order at expos quite often.

Thanks in advance.

#2059 5 years ago

Its the constant updating tables and software that can be frustrating. I find myself updating more than actual playing. other than that its low maintenance. I would like to buy one thats confured and ready to play with every table made. and have someone do the updating of tables and software

#2060 5 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Boogies for sharing the video. Looks Fricken Awesome. Wish I had a Arcade mschine like yours. You do such Amazing work. your Virtual Pinball is great too.. Would you build and sell em? or share out your plans.. would like to have one built

I don't ever build with intent to sell, but it does happen. I intend on keeping this one. FWIW: It's essentially a gutted put "Z-Back Arcade cabinet" that I picked up locally and cleaned up.

#2061 5 years ago

What is the going rate for a loaded full size virtual pin? I've seen a variety of prices.

#2062 5 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

A little off topic...

I had never heard of the ultrawide before, now I must have it!

#2063 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

What is the going rate for a loaded full size virtual pin? I've seen a variety of prices

Depends what you want to put into it.

You figure 3 monitors, or you can do 2 monitors - 1 dmd, plus a good computer, puts you at 2k at least before you do anything else. Mods like shaker motors, solenoids, etc... add to the price. Do it yourself, save a bundle, but it will take up time.

Just like real pinball... buy a fixer upper and save money and lose time, or have somebody do a restore with mods means you will lose money but save time. Depends what your skills are and what you have more of.

#2064 5 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Depends what you want to put into it.
    You figure 3 monitors, or you can do 2 monitors - 1 dmd, plus a good computer, puts you at 2k at least before you do anything else. Mods like shaker motors, solenoids, etc... add to the price. Do it yourself, save a bundle, but it will take up time.
    Just like real pinball... buy a fixer upper and save money and lose time, or have somebody do a restore with mods means you will lose money but save time. Depends what your skills are and what you have more of.

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately, I have zero skills in many areas where I should, so I usually hire someone to save myself the angst and self loathing.

Since I would be selling my remaining pins, I would want to go semi-high end with the closest to fail safe system that's out there.

#2065 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

hat is the going rate for a loaded full size virtual pin? I've seen a variety of prices

Your best bet is to be patient and buy a used one from craigslist or someplace else. I've seen very good home builds and even Virtuapins for $2000-$3000. Don't buy a new one from eBay unless you're OK with immediately loosing several thousand in value.

I bought a very good home build for the low 2's then sold it for about the same and picked up a top of the line Virtuapin for about $3k.

I have real pins at my home but a virtual at my cabin. It's not a substitute for the real thing but I look forward to playing all the different games when we're there every few weeks. If noise isn't an issue, Pin 2000 and Safecracker are good options for a condo.

#2066 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I would want to go semi-high end with the closest to fail safe system that's out there.

A good home build is probably just as reliable as a "commercial" model. The safest thing is get one with a solid state drive and buy a program like Acronis True Image to make a mirror image of the whole system on a 2nd drive.

#2067 5 years ago

I built mine for under 3k with full feedback. Backglass monitor, 40" playfield monitor, 17" computer monitor for dmd, in an old bally cabinet. I have a first gen i7 and a gtx 1050. Computer will need to be updated soon because physics and graphics of new VP10 games are good.

I have sent my schematics and plans to a few people but never heard back if they used them to build one.

If you have room it is cool to have, but i agree with most people that it is not like a real game.
    I am able to play games that I may never be able to play otherwise. The people that remake the games are amazing and only getting better.
    So in my mind it is worth having one.

#2068 5 years ago
    Quoted from SR230CC:

I am able to play games that I may never be able to play otherwise. The people that remake the games are amazing and only getting better.
    So in my mind it is worth having one.

This is one of the major reasons why I think it would want one. I'm blown away by the older obscure titles, not to mention the latest releases.

#2069 5 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Your best bet is to be patient and buy a used one from craigslist or someplace else. I've seen very good home builds and even Virtuapins for $2000-$3000. Don't buy a new one from eBay unless you're OK with immediately loosing several thousand in value.
    I bought a very good home build for the low 2's then sold it for about the same and picked up a top of the line Virtuapin for about $3k.
    I have real pins at my home but a virtual at my cabin. It's not a substitute for the real thing but I look forward to playing all the different games when we're there every few weeks. If noise isn't an issue, Pin 2000 and Safecracker are good options for a condo.

That's an amazing deal to buy one already made at that price (3k even). A nice build with full force that you didn't build yourself is more 4800-5500 and that's not including the ones that are 4k great PC graphics card etc

#2070 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

This is one of the major reasons why I think it would want one. I'm blown away by the older obscure titles, not to mention the latest releases.

I really enjoy Zen's stuff. Not even close to real pinball, but it is a fun video game based on pinball.

I ordered the Arcooda pin... I don't know enough to do the stuff myself, and my friends that can do it, are way too busy.

#2071 5 years ago

Whatever you do DON'T get one of the cheapo 1000+ game machines from offshore. The build quality is cheap, the CPU is weak, the 1000 games are mostly 5-10 year old tables and software, and one of the biggest things is you can't even save your high scores. I tried to help a buddy out that bought one, and could not believe how bad they are.

The are places that sell flatpack kits, or try and build your own. The software can seem daunting at first, but becomes second nature quite easily. I have taken my full feedback widebody to shows and had it playing for hours straight, I have had no issues with my machine, just turn it on and go.

Like above people have said, it's a video game emulating a pinball machine. It's not perfect but it's still fun to play so many tables

#2072 5 years ago

My goal was to build one on the cheap. After all if I was going to spend over $1000, I'd consider buying another physical pin. Spending $3K-$4K, completely out of the question. I put one together for around $600 CND so that's around $400 USD. Sure, I got the PC for free and I'm not running a super high end system. And I sourced my monitors from Kijiji to remain cost effective. My biggest expense was my cab which cost me $200 but came with the coin door, lock down bar, rails and a solid body.

My buddy who has a $3500 vpin told me I wouldn't be able to run some of the new tables such as Attack from Mars, etc. So I loaded it up and it plays just fine. You can always reduce some of the settings to make them play a bit better. I was not interested in all the toys to make the flippers/pops/slings make sounds. At the end of the day, this is just a video game but I now have an opportunity to play games that I may not be able to afford or get an opportunity to experience.

Is it perfect? No. Will it play most games very well? Yes. Was it cost effective? Damn sure it was! Everyone has a different opinion on this stuff. I just shake my head at what guys are willing to pay for these. To each his own I guess...

#2073 5 years ago

I just loaded up the Monsterbash pup pack a few days ago. Wow! Just amazing. Monster specific movie clips for nearly every shot. If you haven't gotten into the pup pack mods yet, please check out TerryRed's YouTube vids. Not hard to set up and makes games look like JJP games.

#2074 5 years ago
    Quoted from dzorbas:

I just shake my head at what guys are willing to pay for these. To each his own I guess...

I've been shaking my head at what people are willing to pay for almost ANYTHING these days.

I'm with you on the cheap build. I ended up giving up but got much of the software down. Played a few games of Monster Bash and AFM. Lot's of fun, but didn't have room a pin sized project that "Might" pan out. Easy enough to try though with nearly all components being found cheaply.

#2075 5 years ago

Hey PismoArcade Iam just like you I would rather have the machine built than mess with doing it myself. if your shopping for used check the hardware thats in it. most will have low end computer parts and try to sell high priced. not saying all sellers are like that but some are. if you find one you can price check it on here for peoples opinion if its a good deal.

#2076 5 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Hey PismoArcade Iam just like you I would rather have the machine built than mess with doing it myself. if your shopping for used check the hardware thats in it. most will have low end computer parts and try to sell high priced. not saying all sellers are like that but some are. if you find one you can price check it on here for peoples opinion if its a good deal.

Thank you!

#2077 5 years ago

I'm looking for a good mini virtual pinball machine. It can be tabletop size as long as it has most of the games on it. Any suggestions? Not looking to spend a fortune just want to be able to test machines to learn rules before tourneys hence the size doesn't matter as much.

#2078 5 years ago

OK....so now that I've sold off the last of my collection, I'm officially in the market. I'm intrigued by the vertical wall type as this would save space.

Hoping someone has a loaded virtual pin for sale at Golden State Pinball Festival or Cal Extreme.

#2079 5 years ago

ebay.com link: 0

Thoughts on this?good deal?anyone dealt with this seller?

#2080 5 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

ebay.com link
    Thoughts on this?good deal?anyone dealt with this seller?

Ask what the speed of the CPU and if has a graphics card, ans size of that. Also ask what version of Visual pinball is being ran, if those are VP9 tables then the graphics will look tired and old. VP10 has way better graphics and physics, but then you will need a better CPU/GPU to handle this. Does not even have legs for that price?

#2081 5 years ago

Agree exactly what Jesperpark said. Theres a local company in my area that sells Pinballs and Mame arcades and Virtuals. The Virtuals are way over priced with the computer componets in it. and the cab isnt nice quality. I understand the business needs to make a profit. but $4500 is alot for probally something looking like $1,200. My Vp is 2.5 years old i had mine built from someone. I dont have the shakers and extra toys. i spent $5500 on mine .had the top computer componets of that time. its a wide body based on Williams Twilight zone. Custom graphics. Iam looking at getting a new virtual pinball built . I would have to take a loss on it and sell it for $2,500. heres a few pics of it..

IMG_20150409_213039_313 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_213039_313 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_213901_288 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_213901_288 (resized).jpg
    4 weeks later
    #2083 5 years ago

Anyone looking to make some extra money? I need help installing the pinpup software to play Wizard Of Oz. Would like someone to look over my Vp software and help with installing the latest updates. my system is a mess. Thanks appreciate any help

#2084 5 years ago

Ok just found this on the German forum and it is too good not to share:

Good test for your monitor also

1 week later
    #2085 5 years ago

Does anyone own the wizard from VPCabs? How do you like it if so?

#2086 5 years ago

Not For $8000. you got to be joking. why not build your own for half the cost. the hardware specs alone are not very good. I get its a business you need to make a profit. but sorry this is too much..

#2087 5 years ago

It is more cost effective to build your own. I built one about 4 years ago out of cabinet grade plywood. Built on Ultrawide specs, routed out the sides to fit an uncased 46" LCD and a 32" LCD for the translite and a 19" for the DMD. Used a sainsmart relay with some cheap solenoids for feedback. I did upgrade the pc which is the biggest cost due to GPU pricing (1080ti), but it runs all vp10 tables flawlessly. Total cost before the cpu upgrade was about $1500. You can also buy flatpack cabinets pre-cut from virtuapin.net if you don't have the tools to cut your own plywood. I used them for a quick build for a friend and it turned out nice. On my initial build, I just attached the cpu inside the cab, but now I run my computer externally so I can easily move it if needed.

vpin (resized).jpgvpin (resized).jpg
    #2088 5 years ago

Hi all

Here is my newest Virtual pinball build, the artwork its complete custom by me, i use all ACDC parts with the ACDC Fire Button and the Bolt
    flasher from acdc

image00001 (resized).jpegimage00001 (resized).jpegimage00002 (resized).jpegimage00002 (resized).jpegimage00003 (resized).jpegimage00003 (resized).jpegimage00004 (resized).jpegimage00004 (resized).jpegimage00005 (resized).jpegimage00005 (resized).jpegimage00006 (resized).jpegimage00006 (resized).jpegimage00007 (resized).jpegimage00007 (resized).jpegimage00008 (resized).jpegimage00008 (resized).jpegimage00009 (resized).jpegimage00009 (resized).jpegimage00010 (resized).jpegimage00010 (resized).jpegimage00011 (resized).jpegimage00011 (resized).jpegimage00012 (resized).jpegimage00012 (resized).jpeg
    #2089 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

Hi all
    Here is my newest Virtual pinball build, the artwork its complete custom by me, i use all ACDC parts with the ACDC Fire Button and the Bolt
    flasher from acdc
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What size lcd did you use for a regular cabinet?

#2090 5 years ago

Hare is the ingame video

#2091 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

What size lcd did you use for a regular cabinet?

its a iiyama 40" UHD 4K monitor

#2092 5 years ago

its a the size from a stern pinball, only 15cm shorter.

#2093 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

Hi all
    flasher from acdc
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow man, this is the best build I have seen yet

#2094 5 years ago

That is awesome!

#2095 5 years ago

That looks better than my actual AC/DC pin looked.

#2096 5 years ago

Thanks guys i am very happy with
    The design of this pinball

#2097 5 years ago

Thanks for showing off your Cab
    MeisterJim. Wow Dam shes a beauty! best looking cab i ever seen. how much did it cost you to build? Where did you find that Ac/Dc fire button? looks cool.

#2098 5 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks for showing off your Cab
    MeisterJim. Wow Dam shes a beauty! best looking cab i ever seen. how much did it cost you to build? Where did you find that Ac/Dc fire button? looks cool.

Thanks my friend, i buy it from a mamber in germany, i think in $ i spend 5000 to build this monster

#2099 5 years ago

Thanks MeisterJim. Iam envious your machine is so cool! would you mind sharing out your parts build? I wanna replica of yours.

#2100 5 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks MeisterJim. Iam envious your machine is so cool! would you mind sharing out your parts build? I wanna replica of yours.

You could get a parts list from him and still not get close to how good this looks... his wire management is on point! This is one impressive build!

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/42?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.