Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,802 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by DakotaMike
  • Topic is favorited by 204 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20211017-WA0000 (resized).jpg
    20211017_110508 (resized).jpg
    20211017_110443 (resized).jpg
    20211005_124646 (resized).jpg
    20211004_224623 (resized).jpg
    20210905_121812 (resized).jpg
    32head3 (resized).jpg
    28head2 (resized).jpg
    20210905_225043 (resized).jpg
    20210905_225134 (resized).jpg
    F2BDE49A-E77E-4C5C-A329-9045604C55AE (resized).jpeg
    7AEE20A7-FF7A-4463-A9F9-6CB0DCC29B5A (resized).jpeg
    B4E44C19-1603-4346-8B2D-C6774CEBFA47 (resized).jpeg
    8D17EC4D-1D24-4FD5-BD2C-29722C8A92C8 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210903-153627_Video Player (resized).jpg
    20200104_003059 (resized).jpg

There are 2802 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 57.
    #1951 3 years ago

Thanks for the Info. when i went to the Steam site. the Stern Pinball Arcade is $4.99 . i dont have a account with steam either. so do i need to register and pay $5 for that program?

#1952 3 years ago

interesting. May need to dust off my cab. Haven't touched it in a couple years but it looks like a lot has changed since I stopped building tables.

#1953 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks for the Info. when i went to the Steam site. the Stern Pinball Arcade is $4.99 . i dont have a account with steam either. so do i need to register and pay $5 for that program?

Try to search for Stern and then look for "Stern Pinball Arcade". The main program should be free (it is here I just checked it before posting this) but the different games cost money so that can be confusing. In the search list it says "Free to play".

pasted_image (resized).png

#1954 3 years ago

Thanks Ronaldvg. Apprciate your help!

#1955 3 years ago

And it looks like they got a takedown notice (probably from Stern). Ghostbusters no longer shows up as a download or forum item on monsterbashpincab. At all. Except for the background sidebar image and the old WIP thread.

#1956 3 years ago

Not shocking but still disappointing. I started in virtual pinball before real pins, every pin I bought was because I enjoyed the virtual version first. Even when I was playing Ghostbusters yesterday on virtual, I was thinking this game is not as bad as everyone says, maybe next one up for sale will come home with me. But maybe I am an anomaly

#1957 3 years ago

Some confirmation. It was actually Farsight that asked for removal, which is not terribly surprising. I'm also expecting the next Stern Pinball Arcade update they do will change things to make the ROM patch instructions basically invalid for making extant copies of VPX Ghostbusters work.

#1958 3 years ago

That Sucks. iam sure someone will be kind and post a link to secretly download it.

#1959 3 years ago

Hey all, quick tv question :

Given the chance to acquire a 49 inch 1080p for $200. Am I just being silly not getting a 4k?

#1960 3 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Hey all, quick tv question :
    Given the chance to acquire a 49 inch 1080p for $200. Am I just being silly not getting a 4k?

For VP? I wouldn't bother with 4K if you can get a deal on a 1080p. There are 4K tables out there but personally I think it's overkill, I had a 43" 4K in mine a while back (Granted when there wasn't as much 4K table content) and the uptick in detail wasn't a game changer for me. I jumped up to a 46" 1080p when the opportunity presented itself and I'm happy there. 49" is too big of a TV for a bally/williams widebody cab, you'll likely have to go custom cab and custom lockdown bar if you go that large.

#1961 3 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

For VP? I wouldn't bother with 4K if you can get a deal on a 1080p. There are 4K tables out there but personally I think it's overkill, I had a 43" 4K in mine a while back (Granted when there wasn't as much 4K table content) and the uptick in detail wasn't a game changer for me. I jumped up to a 46" 1080p when the opportunity presented itself and I'm happy there. 49" is too big of a TV for a bally/williams widebody cab, you'll likely have to go custom cab and custom lockdown bar if you go that large.

I measured length of interior cab at 43.5 strong. The tv has a rated "width" of the same. Figured I could route a little if needed.

Too big?

#1962 3 years ago

It's a Paragon cab if that matters.

Thanks for the 1080p endorsement. My wallet will be happier!

#1963 3 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I measured length of interior cab at 43.5 strong. The tv has a rated "width" of the same. Figured I could route a little if needed.
    Too big?

Ah... okay... older Bally, those can hold bigger. Lots of folks, like me, built a cab from scratch and built off the 90’s bally/Williams widebody plans.

#1964 3 years ago

Thinking about selling my G N R. Have too many pins and no room. plus G N R is a heavy beast to move. had it all gone over and has brand new G ramp and pinball Pro Speakers. only thing that needs is . I was gonna replace all the bulbs. what price range could sell mine? hasnt been played in 15 yrs. Also has brand new translite. has all new rubbers and a wipe down. what do most of you use to polish your playfield? Heres a few pics. Thanks

IMG_20131009_150000_471 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20131009_150214_736 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20131009_150309_581 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20131009_145447_740 (resized).jpg

#1965 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thinking about selling my G N R. Have too many pins and no room. plus G N R is a heavy beast to move. had it all gone over and has brand new G ramp and pinball Pro Speakers. only thing that needs is . I was gonna replace all the bulbs. what price range could sell mine? hasnt been played in 15 yrs. Also has brand new translite. has all new rubbers and a wipe down. what do most of you use to polish your playfield? Heres a few pics. Thanks

Hasn’t been played in 15 years!?

Odd place to ask this question... maybe 5k? Others may think more...

Carnauba Wax... that polishes playfields pretty good

#1966 3 years ago

Whoops posted in wrong forum.. Thanks for letting me know about the polish

#1967 3 years ago

hi guys before digging ,can annyone tell me where to find unit3d or did this project die?

#1968 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

hi guys before digging ,can annyone tell me where to find unit3d or did this project die?

Project is dead unfortunately. The two french guys that started this stated on vpforums that they do not develop it further, as it was playable already. Actually VPX already overtook UNIT3D in almost every aspect and it keeps getting better.

1 week later
    #1969 3 years ago

had some issues but got her up ndrunning finaly
    needs some tweaking but for now it will do

P_20180411_205345 (resized).jpg

P_20180411_205337 (resized).jpg

#1970 3 years ago

I finished up a cocktail cabinet with visual pinball and MAME. (Roughly 115 VP and 275 MAME games)
    The MAME features head to head horizontal and regular vertical in cocktail settings.
    I've yet to see anyone make a head to head cabinet, hence why I was quiet about it. I'm sure that I'll see these start to pop up now
    It started with a wine barrel and lots of sanding.
    The top plywood and control panels are hand made out of plywood and I stained the barrel and the plywood with gunstock color.

#1971 3 years ago

There's a really nice evil dead table available at VPU. It requires installing proc files. If you have CCC running, it will work fine. All instructions are on the site. If I can do it, anyone can. A lot of fun. Great work by the author.

#1972 3 years ago

Thanks for Sharing your Project Boogies.
    Looks Awesome! Like the tv you have in
    it. the colors look soo good

3 weeks later
    #1973 3 years ago

News: No more WMS tables in Pinball Arcade (license expires June 30).

#1974 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

News: No more WMS tables in Pinball Arcade (license expires June 30).

To be clear: they cannot sell them anymore as from that date, but if you bought before, you will still be able to play them.

#1975 3 years ago

Here is one of several stories about it.

https://techraptor.net/content/pinball-arcade-removing-50-tables

I wonder if Pinball Arcade will even be around much after that. I was thinking of buying the remaining seasons that I don't already own, but it begs the question... do I even want to spend money on tables that I may or may not be able to play if the company folds. Not saying they will, but if they fold, the app won't get updated and eventually it won't work anymore as O.S. updates come along.

This sucks...

#1976 3 years ago
    Quoted from kickthefog:

do I even want to spend money on tables that I may or may not be able to play if the company folds

My exact question today also... Hm.

#1977 3 years ago

My opinions..
    Pinball Arcade is removing the Williams/Bally tables. Well Pinball Arcade is the absolute last choice when anyone plays a table on my cab anyway. VPX is hands down 100% better. Full cabinet support with multi-screen, FFB, analog nudge, etc, etc..
    TPA can't compare.
    Junky

#1978 3 years ago

check this out. could be the reason why the Bally and Williams tables removed .. hope this doesnt hit into the VP Community. Sad if it does

https://www.arcooda.com/our-machines/arcooda-video-pinball/

#1979 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

check this out. could be the reason why the Bally and Williams tables removed .. hope this doesnt hit into the VP Community. Sad if it does

No, they lost their license from the Pinball Arcade too. They were just building cabinets and paying The Pinball Arcade to use their software so they can sell a machine with tables on it. They are selling the software until June 30th, then they will have to come up with something else to put on their machines. Their machine isn't even in production yet. So, I'm thinking they are trying to get future customers to prepay so they will have the table installed when it does go into production.

I'm sure they had WTF moment when they found out as they have been banking on having those table all the way back to their first concept machines.

#1980 3 years ago

Thanks Jim for your knowledge on this.
    appreciate it.

#1981 3 years ago

Thinking about getting back into the club. If you're tired of yours and local reach out.

Want force feedback... Used to own avpcavs wizard. Very familiar with how they work and what is needed. Thanks!

2 weeks later
    #1982 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there is any current software out there that will work with the current Pinball Arcade to put it into VR mode?

#1983 3 years ago

Hey all, selling my VP Cabs Vertigo. Loaded with many working VPX 10.4 tables.

Archived after 36 days
    Sold off Pinside
    Other - For Trade
    “VP Cabs Vertigo virtual pinball machine... Like new condition. Fully loaded with Pinball FX3, many VPX tables and vertical arcade games... all fully functioning and installed corre...”
    2018-05-31
    York, PA
    Trade

3 weeks later
    #1984 3 years ago

Hello all

I build many vpins in the past, this one here
    Is my newest project for my living room,
    I use 40" 4K Monitor, the cabinets it's build by me and the sizes it's a standard body from stern, the speaker Panel are also stern, I hope you enjoy this beauty, of course there are all ffs inside and the newest stuff. I will post pic after finishing this monster

IMG_1125 (resized).JPGIMG_1126 (resized).JPGIMG_1127 (resized).JPGIMG_1128 (resized).JPGIMG_1129 (resized).JPGIMG_1130 (resized).JPGIMG_1131 (resized).JPGIMG_1132 (resized).JPGIMG_1136 (resized).JPG
    #1985 3 years ago

That looks awesome

#1986 3 years ago

Thanks my friend, can wait to play it

#1987 3 years ago

Some other builds from me, for its very important that the cabinet and the quality
    Of all parts and feeling it's like a real pinball

IMG_1145 (resized).PNGIMG_1146 (resized).PNGIMG_1147 (resized).PNGIMG_1148 (resized).PNGIMG_1149 (resized).PNGIMG_1150 (resized).PNGIMG_1151 (resized).PNGIMG_1152 (resized).PNGIMG_1153 (resized).PNGIMG_1154 (resized).PNGIMG_1155 (resized).PNGIMG_1156 (resized).PNG
    #1988 3 years ago

amazing builds posted here

#1989 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meisterjim:

Some other builds from me, for its very important that the cabinet and the quality
    Of all parts and feeling it's like a real pinball

WOW!

#1990 3 years ago

Thanks guys

#1991 3 years ago

Wow thats the best looking VP Machine I seen. How much dough you have invested.? Do you build them to sell?I would like one

#1992 3 years ago

Amazing work.

#1993 3 years ago

Thanks Gregh,

In the past I build for friends vpins the costs its for 4K high end systems 6800€ that's very sheep because it's full SSF and pc its all new high end intel system with GTX 1070

2 weeks later
    #1994 3 years ago

I'm joining the club, got a loaded up Vertigo coming to the house on Monday. I jumped on one of Brad's deals on FB, they had 3 loaded up ones that had all the upgrades already installed and read to go and didn't charge for it. It was a pretty good deal(I think he has one more left) so I jumped on the standard red and gold cabinet. I cleaned out some of my Stern games with ACNC and TNA soon taking their place. Star Trek, TNA, ACNC and a Vertigo for the dream tables I have no room for should keep me happy for a while.

#1995 3 years ago
    Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I'm joining the club, got a loaded up Vertigo coming to the house on Monday. I jumped on one of Brad's deals on FB, they had 3 loaded up ones that had all the upgrades already installed and read to go and didn't charge for it. It was a pretty good deal(I think he has one more left) so I jumped on the standard red and gold cabinet. I cleaned out some of my Stern games with ACNC and TNA soon taking their place. Star Trek, TNA, ACNC and a Vertigo for the dream tables I have no room for should keep me happy for a while.

Congrats. I personally don't like the Vertigo machines since they are, well vertical, but I know that there are a lot of people that do like them. Again, congrats.

#1996 3 years ago
    Quoted from DJNOEL30:

So what games does the vertigo come loaded with only FX3 games? If so you need to learn installing Visual pinball and It's tables for the "dream tables"

#1997 3 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

So what games does the vertigo come loaded with only FX3 games? If so you need to learn installing Visual pinball and It's tables for the "dream tables"

I'm scheduled to have it sometime today between 10am-2pm. I am going to assume it will only have the FX3 games out of the box but I will have the PC upgrade so I should be able to down load all the classics, I'll just need to have someone walk me through it. I guess Vertigo is a love it or hate it type of cabinet, I played it at TPF and liked it enough to sell my Mrs PacMan multi-cade and replace it with the Vertigo. So we will see, I think its a happy alternative since my kids are not as into pinball as myself and the Vertigo has all the arcade games on it as well.

#1998 3 years ago

Congrats on the buy (forgot to post that last time)

I don't mind a vertical screen, having built a full on virtual cab and a vertical type, I would say the vertical screen is becoming my favorite of the two. Also you get to play Mame games, and it made room for 1 more pin for me

#1999 3 years ago

My Vpin its finished ☺️ I am so happy with the Design

528886C5-16A7-4E58-961F-2AC3A731CC71 (resized).png5A9C3EEA-7B05-4711-89BC-BAF285E89C24 (resized).png721F8DDA-16C4-453F-B0E1-28489CB0FB7D (resized).png80FF0936-AF4A-495A-BE96-D9A24C5BA031 (resized).pngA2457528-6DC2-420E-B1C6-9878FE031514 (resized).pngA7E2FA56-59F0-4122-BB56-B314FFBC42CB (resized).pngE1EBF06B-6E9B-47BE-8336-5BE8036EAA4F (resized).png
    #2000 3 years ago

really some of the nicest vpins I've seen. Too bad you're not here in the states!

There are 2802 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 57.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside