Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 80.
    #1551 7 years ago

Dang that takes up a lot of real estate, but a cool project. I like it.

#1552 7 years ago

Looks cool. you still mess around with your Virtual. havent seen you around much on here.

#1553 7 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Looks cool. you still mess around with your Virtual. havent seen you around much on here.

I'm stuck on VP 9 with the original physics. I blew out part of my ledwiz and can't get around to fixing it. I still have feedback on the pops and flippers and flashers, but gear motor, strobes and kickers are out. Any time I get the urge to fix it, I just play it instead.

I did make a web post on all my vpins sort of recently: http://pinballmd.com/virtual-pins-or-pinball-simulators-build-threads/

#1554 7 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Greg, I just finished up a MAME multi-racer running XP on a P4-3.4. http://pinballmd.com/multi-racer-software-buttoned-up/

I converted 4 rush cabinets into PC based racers and they play all the games yours listed plus ps2/GameCube/wii racers upscaled. But the best part is the pc native racers. Everyone just plays need for speed hot pursuit using the burnout engine. Nothing I've seen comes close to the fun of that multiplayer.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1555 7 years ago

Is there anybody in the metro Detroit area that would help,me with my vp,I want to setup pinball arcade and sadly am. worthless on this stuff,I have some new tables that may be interesting to play ,full trrotle,rob zombie and Gble and can pay for you help of corse.

Thanks.

#1556 7 years ago

Thanks SS for the update. I like your Vpins.. with the original cabs. wish I was skilled like you in doing that. i have a few empty cabs would like to make into Virtuals. Get VP10 if u can. your missing some great tables

#1557 7 years ago

Just got done adding basic force feedback to my cab. Consisting of a Sainsmart 8ch 12v relay board, and 8-12v solenoids. Hacked a mini atx 300w power supply I had to run it. I think all told it was under $130 ish or so with miscellaneous wire, diodes, etc.

Adding this was a fantastic upgrade and really breathed new life into the virtual cab for me. Highly recommend any of you guys that don't have at least a basic setup like this already to add it. I imagine a shaker would be worthwhile too...

2 weeks later
    #1558 7 years ago

I'm thinking about getting one of these as my next machine as I am about out of room.

I'm a little overwhelmed on where to start. I want something that can run all the std favorites as well as the some of the future pinball games like goonies etc...

I prefer a full size but would maybe consider one of the 2/3 scale as well.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking at?

#1559 7 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I'm thinking about getting one of these as my next machine as I am about out of room.
    I'm a little overwhelmed on where to start. I want something that can run all the std favorites as well as the some of the future pinball games like goonies etc...
    I prefer a full size but would maybe consider one of the 2/3 scale as well.
    Any suggestions on what I should be looking at?

yep. i'd recommend looking right here:

https://virtualpinball.com

#1560 7 years ago

Hey everyone. Several years ago (2013) I was in the process of building a virtual pinball, but unfortunately life got in the way. I'm now looking back into it as a compliment to my other pinball machines. However, now that I've hooked everything back up, and that I'm used to the "real thing", I'm noticing a delay in the flippers that I guess I didn't notice before. I've read others run into this issue and that there may be some settings I can tinker with. The video card I'm running is a GTX660. Can anyone help guide me as to what settings to look at or adjust? Any help would be appreciated!

#1561 7 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

Hey everyone. Several years ago (2013) I was in the process of building a virtual pinball, but unfortunately life got in the way. I'm now looking back into it as a compliment to my other pinball machines. However, now that I've hooked everything back up, and that I'm used to the "real thing", I'm noticing a delay in the flippers that I guess I didn't notice before. I've read others run into this issue and that there may be some settings I can tinker with. The video card I'm running is a GTX660. Can anyone help guide me as to what settings to look at or adjust? Any help would be appreciated!

Make sure you have enabled game mode in any monitor TV you're using. The displays could have a ton of delay introduced. Not all displays are the same. Some suck and some are great.

Next, ditch VP8 and VP9 those all suck a ton for flipper physics, feel, lag etc. Use only VP9 physmod and VP10. There you can set "max prerendered frames" to 1 and disable vsync. That will make a big difference. Video card default is to render 3 frames before displaying. At 60fps, 3 frames adds another 48ms of delay.

On pinball fx2, you have to do a lot to get it really snappy but it can be the snappiest software available once done. That would be max prerenderd frames to 1 in nvidia control panel for the pinball fx2 process, vsync forced off and nvidia inspector set up to limit frame rate at 120fps (to allow some of the tables like spiderman to play correctly).

#1562 7 years ago

need help on this...can't figure out what's going on:

so in vpx, if i run shrek in the program itself, it plays fine...backglass works, DOF works as it should, etc.

but when i run it through my front end (pinballX), neither the backglass nor the DOF will work.

i'm sure it's user error...i just don't know what to look for. again, it works as it should when i run the table straight through vpx.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

#1563 7 years ago

Sorry no help to you. i dont know how to use pinball X . i have it installed but dont know where to begin. :-)anyone play Future Pinball Tables? Would like to know the settings for Table and backglass for full screen cabinet like Vp.. Thanks Appreciate any help.

#1564 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I converted 4 rush cabinets into PC based racers and they play all the games yours listed plus ps2/GameCube/wii racers upscaled. But the best part is the pc native racers. Everyone just plays need for speed hot pursuit using the burnout engine. Nothing I've seen comes close to the fun of that multiplayer.

That's sick!! Post some vids of gameplay, I need to see that

#1565 7 years ago

Vpcabs owners: I have a wizard and really enjoying it. But sometimes it'll crash out during a pinball game. Both vp9 and vp10 have done it. It just returns to the Pinballx menu. And when I exit back to Windows there's a dialogue box that Pinballx had an error.

Any owners have anything similar occur?

#1566 7 years ago

I'm in. I love pinball..but play my homebuilt VP much more often. I have heard from people in the hobby say "I used to play my VPIN a lot, but I sold it to put a real pin in its place" I would never sell mine. NIB pins are pricing through the roof! Older SS will surely go up....But there are many many more reasons I wouldn't sell my vpin, mainly just because it's so much fun to play pinball on it.
    I'm really glad someone found a space here on pinside for this growing part of pinball culture.
    Thanks OP!

20160608_183101 (resized).jpg20160608_183101 (resized).jpg

#1567 7 years ago

I want in to this club, play loads of virtual pinball and want to make my own cabinet but don't have a clue where to start. I have spare odds and sods lying around (couple of LCDs and old laptop) but no idea what to do. Virtual Pinball opens pinball up to the masses as machines are becoming to expensive and I live somewhere with very limited pinball resource so virtual is the way forward.

#1568 7 years ago

I'm very excited to get to play my VirtuaPin. I can experience all the 80s classic Bally games with some rad WPC titles. Hopefully it will scratch the itch of constantly rotating games.

#1569 7 years ago

I've been going back and forth on getting one if these and recently bought a vive (virtual reality). Tried future pinball and it's very impressive. Just a thought for those who are interested in this. Space saving fully 3d and pinball arcade support coming very soon. It's actually cheaper too.

#1570 7 years ago
    Quoted from Weisszach:

I want in to this club, play loads of virtual pinball and want to make my own cabinet but don't have a clue where to start. I have spare odds and sods lying around (couple of LCDs and old laptop) but no idea what to do. Virtual Pinball opens pinball up to the masses as machines are becoming to expensive and I live somewhere with very limited pinball resource so virtual is the way forward.

We're opening VirtuaPin.eu in the next few weeks. They'll have everything you'll need to build your own, as they will be carrying most of our current offerings, like this ... http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=85

#1571 7 years ago

I bought my virtual pin plunger V.3 from the above poster@ virtuapin.net, and they were super responsive in my emails and phone calls. Extremely helpful and patient.I will soon get a force feedback controller , and probably a dmd from them.. thanks guys!!
    As for the software side of things check out vpforums.org. they have some great getting started guides and most of the software needed. And the forums are really helpful for troubleshooting stuff....
    Weisszach...if I did this you can.

#1572 7 years ago

Also...I had a lot of help from this you tube

He also has 1 or 2 more for setting up pinballx front-end and other stuff.

#1573 7 years ago

I play more on my Virtual then my real pins. less headache of upkeep of real pins. Virtual is great that you can any pinball game that you might have not played in the arcade. Lets not forget to THANK all the Authors that dedicate their time in creating these pinball games. they are the rockstars at their craft. without them there is no virtual pinball games to enjoy. Thanks appreciate all you Authors do for Virtual.

#1574 7 years ago

For sure! And donate a little to the forums and table creators when you can. Seriously, thanks for the hard work!

#1575 7 years ago

apparently now pinball arcade might just be doing VR for the new stern pinball arcade which would really suck (I like the older titles). Since that's prob the case, I might be interested in getting a force feedback VP. If you have one to sell, PM me. I will be selling my addams family (likely) for this if interested. trade + cash on your end. thanks

#1576 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

apparently now pinball arcade might just be doing VR for the new stern pinball arcade which would really suck (I like the older titles). Since that's prob the case, I might be interested in getting a force feedback VP. If you have one to sell, PM me. I will be selling my addams family (likely) for this if interested. trade + cash on your end. thanks

I really hope that's not true. I do enjoy PBA. The physics are a little different for each different program. VP10 has been pretty good even compared to pinball arcade. The ball just has more weight to it, not so floaty. Pinball FX2 is awesome with the infinite possibilities and graphics and the licenses.
    An Addams Family 4 virtualpin? That is tempting.... even with some cash thrown your way. I definitely recommend getting yourself a vpin though.

#1577 7 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

need help on this...can't figure out what's going on:
    so in vpx, if i run shrek in the program itself, it plays fine...backglass works, DOF works as it should, etc.
    but when i run it through my front end (pinballX), neither the backglass nor the DOF will work.
    i'm sure it's user error...i just don't know what to look for. again, it works as it should when i run the table straight through vpx.
    any suggestions?
    thanks in advance.

Have you set pinballx to run as administrator?

#1578 7 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Sorry no help to you. i dont know how to use pinball X . i have it installed but dont know where to begin. :-)anyone play Future Pinball Tables? Would like to know the settings for Table and backglass for full screen cabinet like Vp.. Thanks Appreciate any help.

I had the same questions about future pinball. I hadn't messed with it until I wanted to get BAM working, and the tutorials said to get it working with future pinball first. So I loaded future pinball. There are some cool tables for future pinball....I just put it off because Visual pinball,pbfx and pinball arcade had enough content to keep me well satisfied.I got bam working tho and it's pretty cool!
    This is the thread that showed me how to resize for cabinet fullscreen.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19911

#1579 7 years ago
    Quoted from selektor6:

I really hope that's not true. I do enjoy PBA. The physics are a little different for each different program. VP10 has been pretty good even compared to pinball arcade. The ball just has more weight to it, not so floaty. Pinball FX2 is awesome with the infinite possibilities and graphics and the licenses.
    An Addams Family 4 virtualpin? That is tempting.... even with some cash thrown your way. I definitely recommend getting yourself a vpin though.

well not sure yet - want to see what's out there first but I think I'm destined for VP. Really hope Pinball arcade ends up releasing all of their tables.

btw - does TPA support force feedback now?

#1580 7 years ago

Thanks Selektor6 for sharing the thread.
    I'll give it a try.

#1581 7 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Selektor6 for sharing the thread.
    I'll give it a try.

You do have to resize each table manually by opening up the menu while the table is open. Kind of a pain at first....but after doing the first couple ,you'll get the hang of it.

#1582 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

well not sure yet - want to see what's out there first but I think I'm destined for VP. Really hope Pinball arcade ends up releasing all of their tables.
    btw - does TPA support force feedback now?

I'm not sure if TPA does or not. I don't have the controller for it yet. I was going to get that in my rig, then I picked up an embryon and my next fuew free dollars are going to have to be dedicated to getting that back running. I have an Xbox 360 wired controller just sitting in the cabinet, so when I'm playing pinball FX2 there is force feedback whenever the ball bounces off the slings or gets into the pop bumpers. Sort of a ghetto force feedback system.

#1583 7 years ago
    Quoted from selektor6:

You do have to resize each table manually by opening up the menu while the table is open. Kind of a pain at first....but after doing the first couple ,you'll get the hang of it.

You only have to resize future pinball tables, Not visual pinball tables. Visual pinball is the best out of the 2 anyway. Future looks great but it does not play like visual pin tables.

#1584 7 years ago

Correct. You only have to resize the FP ones. Future pinball seems to require a lot more on your GPU. I was fine with just the visual pinball,pinballfx2,and PBA. But I did want to give BAM a try. Also, there are some original tables and future pinball that I wanted. He-Man, and Three Angels mainly. But I definitely recommend visual pinball.

#1585 7 years ago

future pinball tables although look good - just don't play nearly as well. Been playing them in VR and really been disappointed with the physics (even after the adjustments that are avail - it's still not as good as VP and doesn't even come close to TPA which is my fav).

#1586 7 years ago

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?
    New tables from zen on the 27th.

Marvels-Women-of-Power-Key-Art (resized).jpgMarvels-Women-of-Power-Key-Art (resized).jpg

#1587 7 years ago

anyone know how to turn up volume tables? i have a few i can hardly hear any background sound. Dirty Harry and Bally World Cup Soccer. i use the + and - on the keyboard. turns up the speech but dont hear the background music and sound effects. Thanks. Would like to try those pinball fx tables. is there alot of software to install. is it like future pinball setup to play a table?

#1588 7 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

anyone know how to turn up volume tables? i have a few i can hardly hear any background sound. Dirty Harry and Bally World Cup Soccer. i use the + and - on the keyboard. turns up the speech but dont hear the background music and sound effects. Thanks. Would like to try those pinball fx tables. is there alot of software to install. is it like future pinball setup to play a table?

Depends on the table manufacturer. bunch of tutorials on vpf http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&cat=9

#1589 7 years ago

Thanks for the info BDog. Sound working great..

#1590 7 years ago

Setting up pinball fx is pretty easy..if your using pinballx as your front-end, you point to the exe In your steam folder where the pinball fx exe lives. And put all the table art stuff in the folders in pinballx. If I remember right you have to create those folders. Here is the thread I used to get it going...http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=31994
    Also, you have to email zen to get them to enable cabinet mode. They want to make sure that your not using your vpin for commercial use. It took me a couple days to communicate with them to get it going, totally worth it.
    Zen did a good job making it really easy to get running, backglass and dmd super easy.

#1591 7 years ago

Thanks Selektor6 Appreciate the info. I'll check it out!

#1592 7 years ago

Question:

Is there any VPIN software that supports head and eye tracking? If you could track someones head and eyes smoothly you could adjust the rendering perspective of the playfield. This would make it appear more 3D for the person who's being tracked.

#1593 7 years ago

Yes....BAM..... works with future pinball and pinball arcade. I've been messing around with it. It's pretty cool. I'm using a Kinect, but the software supports webcams and I think wii mote sensors or something.

#1594 7 years ago

The guy in the video above is using a wii sensor I think. But it gives you some idea of what the software does. The one drawback is only one person can play at a time. My Kinect sensor will get confused if other people are standing near me.

#1595 7 years ago
    Quoted from selektor6:

i believe so, yes.

#1596 7 years ago

yeah, i just checked again...specifically started it up as "run as admin" and it's still doing the same thing:

no backglass in gameplay through pinballX...works fine running straight through vp

#1597 7 years ago

it's just on Shrek? I'm going to load that here in a minute to see if I have the same issue...for the DOF I'm not much help. I haven't get that in yet. But I will post when I get Shrek loaded here in a little.

#1598 7 years ago

Did you do the whole patch thing? I'm about to give it a shot but looks like I need to load family Guy and patch it

#1599 7 years ago

yeah, it's just shrek.

i think i patched it correctly. like i said, it works perfectly straight in vp...just won't run b2s in pinballX. never had that happen before.

#1600 7 years ago
    Quoted from selektor6:

Not required for a long time now

There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.