Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 80.
    #1451 8 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

did you watch the video?

I did. You could have a controller with buttons like they had but you would definitely not do this in a pincab

#1452 8 years ago
    Quoted from Phod:

Vp cabs, any idea when the episode will air?

Yes we know. Will announce soon

#1453 8 years ago

anyone know if turning on hardware rendering in VP settings will increase performance? thanks

#1454 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

anyone know if turning on hardware rendering in VP settings will increase performance? thanks

So you're saying it's easier to ask this here and wait several hours for a response than it is to put a check in checkbox and test a game???

#1455 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I did. You could have a controller with buttons like they had but you would definitely not do this in a pincab

Actually I think if you had the force feedback that you have in a vp cab (assuming you could make it work with this), plus the actual size and weight of a pinball machine for more accurate nudging feel, I think adding this to my pincab would be the ideal place to do it. It would likely entail unplugging one of the other monitors when I wanted to play a vr table, and the video config might get confused/confusing. Not to mention my new vp cab will be the only machine I have capable of running it. Yes it will be overkill for vp, but I'm hoping more options come out in the future that have true 3d modeling, things like Unit3D, TPA, Pinball Labs are very promising but definitely require more horsepower.

#1456 8 years ago

Anyone build a virtual pin cocktail cab? I've been thinking about it.. it would be nice to have something that doesn't necessarily take up the space where a machine could reside. I've also contemplated making into more of a bar table..

I've also thought about making a controller stand (similar to what's in that VR video) and wall mounting a TV on a swivel so it could go landscape or portrait. I like the upright cabs that VP cabs makes, those look pretty sharp.

#1457 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Anyone build a virtual pin cocktail cab? I've been thinking about it..

Ahh, you're publicly taking my idea I've thought about it - it can be setup with all the vertical arcade games too. I even had a buddy selling a cocktail cab ( that I could've talked him into giving away ). I've been too busy to ever get to it. Probably never will, but keep us posted if you start to. I'd love to see it.
    I did this one that would work (software) the same as a cocktail:

#1458 8 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

Actually I think if you had the force feedback that you have in a vp cab

Yup - It'd also be cool if it could sync - IE: Dual output to cab. I just don't think that today's hardware would be able to support the 3 monitors + VR. Not that a 4th monitor would kill it, but the 4th monitor being full life motion 3D, yeah err umm "Danger Will Robinson"
    If it dual output, it would be cool to spectate too - someday it'll get there. Unfortunately, it might be a different type of tech (holographic monitor?) by the time that happens.

Unit3D with dual output might be more of a possibilty (in time to come), but not sure how it plays. I have only tried to load it (with issues) and it seemed like a spinoff of Future pinball. It just made me kinda cringe at the thought of the physics issues that Future pinball has.

#1459 8 years ago

Here is a pub table build I ran across when checking out virtual cab builds
    http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/1291-hyperpinspin-pub-table/

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1460 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Anyone build a virtual pin cocktail cab? I've been thinking about it.. it would be nice to have something that doesn't necessarily take up the space where a machine could reside.

Myself and a friend do cocktail machines, and have even done PC based builds, but never put pinball on it. Part of the reason we've probably never done it is because we use 4:3 displays and the pinball really should use a widescreen. Button placement would likely be kind of awkward too if you consider the usual control panel width plus the glass top that kind of gives cocktails a restricted feel IMO.

Another thing... people think that cocktails take up less space... really they don't for the most part unless you are talking about some mega 4 player cabinet. The floor space is pretty similar overall... they just aren't as tall.. if you factor in semi permanent chairs sitting in place on 1 side or both sides all the time then they definitely command more floor space by quite a bit. I have a personal machine that is just like the one in the video.. an 80's converted Dynamo cabinet that I slapped one of the big boy X-arcades (with trackball) in place of the standard controller setup. Works great for pinball and games especially because of the buttons on the sides of the x-arcade sticks.

#1461 7 years ago

Looks like vpcabs announced the shark tank episode may 13th.

Based on their recent announcements, I'll have to assume they got a deal. Question now is with whom

Laurie seems like not the right fit. Damon also. Feels like a Mark deal or possibly Robert or Mr Wonderful

Looking forward to it vpcabs! Can't wait to see you explain the tech!

#1463 7 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

image_(resized).jpeg

boom.

#1464 7 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

image_(resized).jpeg

Congrats, Brad and VPcabs!

#1465 7 years ago

#1466 7 years ago

My guess by seeing the pictures that cuban is your new sugar daddy. Congrats.

#1467 7 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

that's all kinds of awesome, dude.

#1468 7 years ago

Boom.

#1470 7 years ago

The big question is... Did any of the sharks buy a unit after playing it? Would be awesome if you got them hooked while also making a business connection.

#1471 7 years ago

I can't wait to get my vpcab!!

#1472 7 years ago

I've watched practically every episode and on the fence on this one.. Problem they might have with them is the cost.. (well pinballs in general aren't cheap) The versatility might be the sale point if they decided to do a deal. Getting production cost down and overall sale price point would go a long way in helping it appeal to more people that can't afford one or don't want to build. Seen them pass on a lot of things that seemed like great ideas, but sometimes it just comes down to the people promoting the product. If nothing else the name is splashed on TV and a lot of people will see the product which will be a win for pinball in general... traditional and virtual.

#1473 7 years ago
    Quoted from JimmyV23:

I've watched practically every episode and on the fence on this one.. Problem they might have with them is the cost.. (well pinballs in general aren't cheap) The versatility might be the sale point if they decided to do a deal. Getting production cost down and overall sale price point would go a long way in helping it appeal to more people that can't afford one or don't want to build. Seen them pass on a lot of things that seemed like great ideas, but sometimes it just comes down to the people promoting the product. If nothing else the name is splashed on TV and a lot of people will see the product which will be a win for pinball in general... traditional and virtual.

agreed. i sincerely hope they get (or got) a deal. brad/lonnie are great guys with a great product.

but.....even if they didn't get a deal, the exposure has got to be a positive for them.

i can't wait to watch the episode (and i'm not a fan of the show).

#1475 7 years ago

$108K needed. Yikes. If memory serves me correctly that if you donate for the kickstarter none of those funds go towards the table itself either. Maybe they should start with some less expensive licenses that would be killer on Pinball Arcade. I did think it was cool to see ghostbusters was already on the table for TPA though.

#1476 7 years ago

Holy hell.. nice! Agreed they might have been able to do something cheaper and seeing how well versions on Visual Pinball run I'm not sold on the whole "new modern machines need better hardware" thing... least not where a PC is concerned. On phones and tablets they do have to cut resolution and corners to make it work smooth, but I bet a 3-4 ghz AMD or Intel Quad core or higher has tons of CPU left unless the detail was like quadrupled or something. Digital release at the time of REAL release... that would be awesome!

#1477 7 years ago

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/stern-pinball-arcade-ac-dc

Really, I can fund your business and you can keep any profits? Sign me up!

#1478 7 years ago

Is AC/DC a no go now? shows on that website FarSight cancelled the funding.

#1479 7 years ago

They've announced they are able to do the AC/DC table without needing a Kickstarter.

http://www.pinballarcade.com/News/

#1480 7 years ago

Nice! Thanks for sharing the Info

#1481 7 years ago

I bought a sidewinder joypad and I'd like to use it for nudging exclusively in visual pinball. I have several versions of vp set up in the same folder with different .exe's for launching.

Does anyone have good settings for the sidewinder controller in vp?

How should I mount the sidewinder in my cab?

#1482 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I bought a sidewinder joypad and I'd like to use it for nudging exclusively in visual pinball. I have several versions of vp set up in the same folder with different .exe's for launching.
    Does anyone have good settings for the sidewinder controller in vp?
    How should I mount the sidewinder in my cab?

Can't comment on settings at the moment because I'm work but I basically took mine completely apart and mounted the PCB right in the middle of my cab closest to the front as I could get it. Basically if you open my coin door and look down its about 3-4" from the very front of my cab.

#1483 7 years ago

Congrats brad at vp cabs for dat shark tank deal!

#1484 7 years ago

Congrats! I'd love to hear about what the experience was like.

#1485 7 years ago

Ouch I got down voted lol

Can't wait for my vp cab to be ready!

#1486 7 years ago

who the hell down voted for saying "congrats" on a deal? jeez 'o pete. :/

#1487 7 years ago

and ditto, brad...congrats buddy

loved the episode.

#1488 7 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

who the hell down voted for saying "congrats" on a deal? jeez 'o pete. :/

Well it could've been because it spoiled the episode for the person or he was down-voting the use of 'dat' instead of that. ...or it could be just that "haters gonna hate."

Anyway, Congrats to Brad, Lonnie, and team. Great guys, great product. Love my mini cab.

#1489 7 years ago

Kinda like I expected it was one guy that wanted to take a shot in the dark on it. So.. as they were saying on the show it now sounds like that basically VP cabs is going to be now made by Damon's people and the VP crew are just going to be going around to trade shows. So.. what was the last number plate for a VP cab made by the original crew or is that yet to happen? Just sort of wondering, cause obviously having an "original" VP cabs cab will likely mean something to some people. Nice going guys.. hopefully 3 months from now they aren't on Beyond the tank talking about how to keep it afloat.

#1490 7 years ago
    Quoted from JimmyV23:

Kinda like I expected it was one guy that wanted to take a shot in the dark on it. So.. as they were saying on the show it now sounds like that basically VP cabs is going to be now made by Damon's people and the VP crew are just going to be going around to trade shows. So.. what was the last number plate for a VP cab made by the original crew or is that yet to happen? Just sort of wondering, cause obviously having an "original" VP cabs cab will likely mean something to some people. Nice going guys.. hopefully 3 months from now they aren't on Beyond the tank talking about how to keep it afloat.

We did close our deal with Daymond but he will not be making machines. That was just an off the cuff thought that made it on the show. We will still be making all machines in house. We do hope to get on Beyond The Tank. More free advertising is always good. Running a new business isn't always easy and the show loves to focus on that.

#1491 7 years ago

Random stuff:

1) Anyone else like to change the color of their DMD to game specific coordination? Like I made my attack from Mars one green for Martians, my medieval madness gray for castle, etc. yeah I know, I have too much time on my hands. Just curious if anyone else enjoyed that or does everyone just leave it default orange-ish?

2) Secondly, I don't have the VP10 version but I have the older table for Dr Dude and I think I asked this somewhere else but the flippers are really underpowered on this table. Has anyone DIY fixed it in the script? If so what did you do?

Thanks!

#1492 7 years ago

does anybody have a link to a terminator 3 b2s?

i've looked and looked, but i can only find the uvp version...which i think is what i have now...and i can't figure out how to get it to run. it just goes black (with a little tiny rectangle of backglass) when i load it.

thanks.

#1493 7 years ago

Quick pic of my cab, next to my mame machine. Finished the cab a couple months ago, have about 20 of the best vp10 tables, analog nudge, pinballx front-end.

Really just fueled my desire for a real pin. Shopping now... I'm hoping maybe one good real pin, plus the virtual pincab will do the trick. My wife is not on board for additional machines, LOL.

Cab-11_(resized).jpgCab-11_(resized).jpg

Cab-10_(resized).jpgCab-10_(resized).jpg

#1494 7 years ago

nice.

i find that my virtual pin scratches the itch pretty well...but then again, i do have a few real pins. i just don't get the burning desire to go out and get new ones like i used to.

#1495 7 years ago

ok...so on the terminator 3 thing. i found a thread that links to a "b2s" file. it's apparently the same file i already had.

anybody know what i need to do to get it running? is there something i need to change in the script? this is the link here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7251

and attached are photos of what it looks like when it loads that backglass...and my file names.

---

any help is appreciated. thanks, fellas.

Screen_Shot_2016-05-25_at_4.36.09_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-25_at_4.36.09_PM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-25_at_4.40.41_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-25_at_4.40.41_PM_(resized).png

#1496 7 years ago

I have a Virtua Pin model VirPin 42. It is a wide body with 168 game on it. Has a real dmd. Does not have force back. Very nice game. Asking $ 3200 obo or trade for a pin or two. Only dmd pins please. Game is in Stillman Valley, IL. Willing to ship if buyer make all the arrangements.

#1497 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tvpinballs:

Virtua Pin model VirPin 42

Just missed this one, if anyone else is selling please shoot me a PM.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-widebody-virtual-pinball-machine#post-3177574

#1498 7 years ago

Sorry for the new guy questions, but I have limited internet access to google the vp forums and don't have access to a machine:

1. Is there a generally preferred front end between PinballX and Hyperpin? Pros/cons?

2. If I download the latest version of Visual Pinball X, will I still be able to play games built for VP 9?

#1499 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry for the new guy questions, but I have limited internet access to google the vp forums and don't have access to a machine:
    1. Is there a generally preferred front end between PinballX and Hyperpin? Pros/cons?
    2. If I download the latest version of Visual Pinball X, will I still be able to play games built for VP 9?

1. PinballX is my preferred, and I love hyper spin, but hyperpin was not stable enough for me, pinballx is updated regularly
    2. VPX will not play VP9 tables, but you can have both exe's in the same install folder and open which ever to play corresponding tables

#1500 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

1. PinballX is my preferred, and I love hyper spin, but hyperpin was not stable enough for me, pinballx is updated regularly
    2. VPX will not play VP9 tables, but you can have both exe's in the same install folder and open which ever to play corresponding tables

agree with PinballX, and #2 and will add to get the vpx all-in-one installer, it installs vp8, 9, and 10 as well as b2s server and vpinmame all for you relatively painlessly. There is a thread on vpuniverse about a new version of pinballx that supposedly installs all that for you as well (using the earlier aio as a base), but I have not tested it out.

There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.