Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 80.
    #1101 8 years ago

Thanks Paulo hope you share out the back to the future and STNG Tables. which Addams family backglass do you use?

#1102 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Paulo hope you share out the back to the future and STNG Tables. which Addams family backglass do you use?

here, buddy...they're all on slamtilt's page. got to the games section (actually, i think there's a direct link for addams on the main page too)

http://speak1970.wix.com/slamspinballemporium

#1103 8 years ago

remember, those are all FP tables.

#1104 8 years ago

Hey not sure where I got my Adam's Family backglass but this one here should work fine:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2053-the-addams-family-bally-1992-db2s/

#1105 8 years ago

paulo, i may have to get you to walk me through the way you have FP set up on your cab...i want slam's tables to work so badly! lol.

the ball is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo floaty on mine...and the graphics are almost unplayable: i get the black pixels of death everywhere the ball travels. it's awful.

#1106 8 years ago

Hey dude, sure. I had the same issue with FP until I started using BAM. Once I got BAM installed and working with FP, the rest of the setup came pretty easy.

http://ravarcade.pl/

#1107 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey dude, sure. I had the same issue with FP until I started using BAM. Once I got BAM installed and working with FP, the rest of the setup came pretty easy.
    http://ravarcade.pl/

thanks. make sure you start from scratch and talk to me as if i'm a third grader...no amount of over-explanation can possibly be enough when it comes to me and teh computerz.

#1108 8 years ago

“I go back and play Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade and sometimes (when I have to for research) Visual Pinball and what all those tables have in common is that the ball is tamed and doesn’t behave like a real ball would. On any real table, the ball jumps all over the place and is completely unpredictable – no 2 shots are ever the same. With Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade and VP there is no doubt you’re playing a video game as the ball sticks to the playfield surface like glue and the shots are much easier to hit.
    There is no way of taming the ball in Future Pinball, it’s “wild” and it will do as it pleases. I know this because I work hard to stop the ball jumping up and getting stuck like any real pinball game designer does. The rule with real word pinball design is that if there’s a chance the ball can get stuck there, it will.

I can't comment on the 2.7 physics of FP as the last version I tried was 2.5, but he is dead wrong about airballs on VP. My testers know this very well on my Metallica table. I had to put walls all over the place to keep the ball in play. VP very much does allow for air balls and also allows for randomization.

I'll have to try 2.7 to see if it is better. I just know that I can't hit a dang thing I shoot for which turned me way off of FP even though I loved the look of it. And before people say I just suck at pinball and that is the problem.... I placed 4th in the modern tournament last your at TPF (only big tournament I go to), while not a top level player I can generally hit what I want in real pinball as well as VP.

#1109 8 years ago

Thanks soo much Pudluther and Paulo. appreciate the links. I have bam installed i noticed a big improvement with FP. i installed FP about 6 months ago. has there been any updates to install? i have a problem when i load up a table to play. i still have the windows
    start bar on the bottom? any ideas how to get rid of it. Thanks. and how turn off the cameras where you just have the table full screen. and how to get the backglass full screen. FP is easy to install tables. appreciate your help!

#1110 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks soo much Pudluther and Paulo. appreciate the links. I have bam installed i noticed a big improvement with FP. i installed FP about 6 months ago. has there been any updates to install? i have a problem when i load up a table to play. i still have the windows
    start bar on the bottom? any ideas how to get rid of it. Thanks. and how turn off the cameras where you just have the table full screen. and how to get the backglass full screen. FP is easy to install tables. appreciate your help!

gonna defer to paulo on this one. i'll just manage to screw up your setup. LOL.

i think i need to start my FP installation, including BAM, from the beginning...i swear i think i installed BAM at one time along with the updated physics engine, but it still plays like ish on my cab...i'm assuming i did something wrong.

and also......the black pixels of death. seriously makes the tables unplayable. you can't see anything once the ball passes over the table.

----

also also...i thought BAM was supposed to auto-size the tables to screen-fit the cabs, but mine doesn't. again, i'm assuming user error.

#1111 8 years ago

btw...this is what i mean by the black pixels of death in FP, in case anyone isn't familiar with the phenomenon. basically, the table starts off clear, but anywhere the ball travels, the graphics get replaced by large, black pixels. makes it rather unplayable.

also......i never have been able to get that damn DMD in the upper left corner to move.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-14_at_6.21.29_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-14_at_6.21.29_PM_(resized).png

#1112 8 years ago

well that FP looks about as good as the physics are (opinion based on physics from 2 years ago)

#1113 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I can't comment on the 2.7 physics of FP as the last version I tried was 2.5, ... I'll have to try 2.7 to see if it is better. I just know that I can't hit a dang thing I shoot for which turned me way off of FP even though I loved the look of it.

It's not better. Neither is zed physics.

#1114 8 years ago

It's better, and the physics are better depending on what table you download. I will do a video demoing some of the tables I am referring too and you will clearly see me make shots like a pro. I will also do a step by step PDF with some screenshots of my setup for the pinheads on here that want to give it a shot. Can we please keep the negatively out of this thread, there is enough of that shit on pinside. WE GOT IT, YOU DON"T LIKE FP. THANKS, MOVE ON, GO PLAY WITH YOUR OTHER TOYS! You have made your opinion very clear, this is a virtual pinball thread. Just ignore the FP discussion if all your contributing is another "it sucks" comment.

PS. I blocked your profile from my pinside view, now you can keep talking to yourself and repeating your same point until your blue in the face. You bring no value to me dude. I recall PMing you a few months ago asking you for help on a modded STPRO rom that you had and you just ignored my questions. I wish I could do this in real life... bye bye!

Getting back to the folks that are requesting help. Those black pixels should be fixed by launching with BAM. (have you tried that?) I had the same issue when I first trying using FP on my cab last year. I really did not tackle FP again until a couple of months ago. Happy I gave it another shot, 166 FP tables installed and counting.

#1115 8 years ago

@85vett: I suppose it's possible to get use to FP completely unrealistic physics and be able to make shots but those shots won't be anywhere close to how you'd make them in a real machine. Trapping the ball on the left flipper then trying to back hand a ramp that's around say 10:00 position results in the ball heading towards 2:00. If you compensate and flip earlier than you should, the ball has no power and barely moves up the playfield before coming back down. Shots when the ball is moving not trapped are a little better but still not right.

Paulo: I'm sorry but I cannot respect the opinion of anyone as a real pinball player that thinks FP physics are even kind of close. You obviously don't play the 4 games you own. That's not being negative. It's being truthful.

#1116 8 years ago

FYI pinheads. I provided the developer of the amazing head tracking 3D app BAM - Rav - the source code link for a VR app that allowed Oculus owners to play The Pinball Arcade tables in Virtual reality. This tech was released almost a year ago and was incredibly polished. I have been playing with VR since it came out as the DK1 and its pretty amazing tech.

His next release of BAM will support TPA and Oculus according to his latest post. What this means is that the same 3D head tracking you get today with FP tables (see link below), will most likely work the same way with TPA tables! This will definitely be a game changer for those waiting for cab support in TPA.

If you are not familiar with BAM, this may give you incentive to get going. As well the BAM kits that Randr sellls over at vpinball.com are not really on the radar right now, this could change if RAV releases TPA compatibility. I am currently on a waiting list to get my kit as he makes them himself, it may not be a bad idea if you are even remotely interested in the tech to reach out to Randr and get on that list too.

#1117 8 years ago

Getting back to the folks that are requesting help. Those black pixels should be fixed by launching with BAM. (have you tried that?) I had the same issue when I first trying using FP on my cab last year. I really did not tackle FP again until a couple of months ago. Happy I gave it another shot, 166 FP tables installed and counting.

yeah, i think i've run it through BAM with similar results....that's why i want to just scrap FP and start over from scratch on the install...i had to have set something up incorrectly.

#1118 8 years ago

anything you can provide would be appreciated, paulo....a step by step process with screen shots would be super duper.

#1119 8 years ago

Hey pud, I should have time this weekend to put a quick and dirty PDF together with screenshots on my setup. Make sure you have updated your video card drivers as well. What are computer part specs? What video card are you using, I hope its Nvidia

#1120 8 years ago

Hey pud, I should have time this weekend to put a quick and dirty PDF together with screenshots on my setup. Make sure you have updated your video card drivers as well. What are computer part specs? What video card are you using, I hope its Nvidia

i have the vpcabs LE model, seen here:

http://www.virtualpinballmachinesrus.com/products/copy-of-vpcabs-virtual-pinball-machine-traditional

specs from their website:

Screen_Shot_2016-01-15_at_11.34.34_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-15_at_11.34.34_AM_(resized).png

#1121 8 years ago

Very nice setup dude! I am really surprised that VPcabs do not setup Future Pinball right out of the box and optimize it for their hardware. All you should need to do as an end user is install the tables and it should work!

Have you checked this BAM setup guide out:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5368

#1122 8 years ago

Very nice setup dude! I am really surprised that VPcabs do not setup Future Pinball right out of the box and optimize it for their hardware. All you should need to do as an end user is install the tables and it should work!

thanks man. i've always been more of a console gamer, so the specs are greek to me...lol.

but as i've said before, vpcabs makes a top notch product. yes, you do pay for it...but you get a nice setup in return and, IMHO, some of the best customer service i've ever seen. brad/lonnie are great guys and will bend over backwards to make sure the customer is happy. i was on the fence about buying a virtual cab, but after taking a trip to meet them in person at their shop and seeing their product first hand, i was sold.

ok. end of promotion.

#1123 8 years ago

Thanks PudLuther and Paulo . I would like your instructions on setting up Future Pinball and Bam. Has there been a new version of future pb out? I would like to know how you get rid of images that were added to the tables. on the Kiss table theres a few images on table it covers part of the table. and how you make the backglass full screen. Appreciate the help.

#1124 8 years ago

i just went through it...good and bad...

the good is that the tables now run without the black pixels of death.

the bad is:

1) i still have no idea how to get the DMD off the playfield
    2) i haven't figured out the re-sizing issue yet (for the playfield or the backglass - i wish there were just an option to "fill screen")
    3) the ball still feels "floaty" to me...and like someone said above, i can't seem to backhand the ball where i want it to go if i have it at a dead stop on a catch; it almost feels like the ball reacts better when it has some sort of "momentum" behind it...like, if you're gonna shoot something with a catch, you better let it roll on the flipper some to get some Mo going or it ain't going anywhere. seems more exaggerated than on a real life pin, but maybe i just have to get used to it.

i'm running BAM and 2.7, best i can tell...but...there's always the possibility of user error.

#1125 8 years ago

Hey dude, some of the FP tables are pure crap with physics, others are not bad. None will be as good as the physics we are getting with VP5 and VP10. Nothing will beat playing a VP10 table with DMD and actual ROM, but FP is a nice distraction.

Repost of some info on removing the floating DMD and resizing your FP tables:

The configuration screen is accessed by hitting "~". Your going to have to stretch it out on the x scale in the table config section and the configuration will be saved as a global setting. Each table can also have its own unique configuration file saved in the menu. Make sure you setup your cabinet with the right screen size and dimensions in Bam as well. You can also set your backglass strech setting here. Once you exit, your settings will be saved.

To get rid of DMD on top left, load table in FP but do not play the table, stay in the editor. Click on translite on left menu. Go up the blue DMD section and right click and unlock the DMD section. Once unlocked drag it over to the left outside the translite area. You may have to move over 2 or 3 parts to completely remove. Once done, save table and it will be gone forever on that table.

#1126 8 years ago

Hey dude, some of the FP tables are pure crap with physics, others are not bad. None will be as good as the physics we are getting with VP5 and VP10. Nothing will beat playing a VP10 table with DMD and actual ROM, but FP is a nice distraction.

right...that's what i'm looking for...just something else to play.

appreciate the info on the dmd...i will try that out sometime this weekend.

#1127 8 years ago

am i going to have to manually "stretch" every table? or will it save it once i do it for one, assuming i tell it to save in the appropriate place/way?

#1128 8 years ago

got the DMD removed. finally. thanks!

still can't resize table properly. all the tables fill the screen from front to back but not side to side...the tables are too skinny...there's black nothingness on both sides of the tables (left & right). i tried using that ~ menu, but none of the axis adjustments work that way.

#1129 8 years ago

hmmmmm...and now on some tables i can't get parts of the DMD moved off the table. slam's F14 for instance...there's a big red box in the upper left that won't move. and i downloaded zip-a-doo...there's some sort of logo or something in the bottom right...won't move.

weird.

lot more work involved in getting FP tables up and running...i'm so used to just dragging and dropping a table/b2s/ROM for vp10 and rockin' out.

1 week later
    #1130 8 years ago

upgraded my hard drive today...wanted to future proof the hell outta the cab from a storage standpoint.

bought a cloner for $50...took about 10 minutes to clone the original 120gb SSD. removed the partition after installing the new hard drive and i'm good to go.

#1131 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

hmmmmm...and now on some tables i can't get parts of the DMD moved off the table. slam's F14 for instance...there's a big red box in the upper left that won't move. and i downloaded zip-a-doo...there's some sort of logo or something in the bottom right...won't move.
    weird.
    lot more work involved in getting FP tables up and running...i'm so used to just dragging and dropping a table/b2s/ROM for vp10 and rockin' out.

you have to right click the unmovable part and "unlock" it, then you can move it.... I believe

#1132 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

you have to right click the unmovable part and "unlock" it, then you can move it.... I believe

yeah...that's definitely the way you move some of the dmd features, but there are some things that simply won't move...and it appears they are "unlocked" from the start.

weird.

#1133 8 years ago

anybody know how to fix this? looks like a cool table, but i have no clue how to rotate it correctly. is it in the script somewhere? it's by a dude named "borgdog" and in the link he notes:

"FS settings in the table are for my cab which has the playfield in portrait mode, most of you will need to adjust the Backdrop settings."

then he has a screen shot with some rotation and x/y/z scale numbers in it.

any of you have experience with this? any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-23_at_9.22.57_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-23_at_9.22.57_PM_(resized).png

#1134 8 years ago

Pudluther is that table future pinball? Iam having the same exact problem with all my VP10 Tables. they all look like desktop tables. is this a scripting issue? do i need to update files in VpinMame? thanks appreciate any help. my pm5 and vp992 tables look fine. just all vp10 tables dont look full screen cabinet.

#1135 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Pudluther is that table future pinball? Iam having the same exact problem with all my VP10 Tables. they all look like desktop tables. is this a scripting issue? do i need to update files in VpinMame? thanks appreciate any help. my pm5 and vp992 tables look fine. just all vp10 tables dont look full screen cabinet.

In vp10 settings, enable the cabinet mode.

#1136 8 years ago

I had a similar problem with the Addams Family VPX table. Adjusting the backdrop settings in the VP editor did the trick.

This posts should help.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19695&p=180114

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33484

#1137 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Quoted from markmon:

In vp10 settings, enable the cabinet mode.

greg,

it's a vpX table.

and mark is correct: you have to enable cabinet mode in the vpX settings the first time you set it up. see photo.

mine is a different problem, as it's already set to be rotated for cabs...i think the tables i'm referring to were intentionally rotated by the table author to fit his particular cab.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-25_at_10.38.46_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-25_at_10.38.46_AM_(resized).png

#1138 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

I had a similar problem with the Addams Family VPX table. Adjusting the backdrop settings in the VP editor did the trick.
    This posts should help.
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19695&p=180114
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33484

thanks, mbott.

question: does this affect overall VP performance? or is it table specific?

the reason i ask is, i'd hate to adjust the values to get one random table to work and screw up the other 400 perfectly working tables...lol.

#1139 8 years ago

You just need to edit the FS settings on those few tables. We have our main monitors running in Portrait mode instead of landscape. So set the XY rotation to 270 and edit the rest to match what you want. Once you set the XY rotation to 270, you could also just click the menu Table>Camera/light mode and adjust the view with your flipper/nudge buttons to what looks best for you. Save when you're done.

It doesn't change performance. It's just a setting that basically says "always use the FS settings".

-Mike

#1140 8 years ago

i got it working...thanks, fellas.

#1141 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for your lnput. Thanks for
    the screenshot Pudluther. thats a big help..
    Do you need Ambient occlusion enabled?
    what is that? Also FXAA do you need any one
    of those enabled? Or the ball rendering?
    Thanks again

#1142 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks everyone for your lnput. Thanks for
    the screenshot Pudluther. thats a big help..
    Do you need Ambient occlusion enabled?
    what is that? Also FXAA do you need any one
    of those enabled? Or the ball rendering?
    Thanks again

i honestly don't know...lol. it was set up that way when i downloaded it, as far as i can remember...i just enabled the cabinet mode and started playing pins!

perhaps someone else can share their settings with us and/or give us some insight into what those additional options do.

#1143 8 years ago

ok...i took a look at those settings. i know what anti-aliasing is...i'm assuming that's what FXAA is anyway...i haven't turned it on yet, but i may check it later. curious to see how it affects the performance and whether or not i can even tell during gameplay.

ambient occlusion is a lighting feature.

if it doesn't make a significant graphical improvement, i don't see a reason to run it and risk any performance issues.

#1144 8 years ago

Cool thanks for the info. I havent tried changing anything in the settings i just play the tables how it is. but curious about the other settings. i wanna have the tables running at the highest optimum level..

#1145 8 years ago

All those sttings, Anti-Aliasing and FXAA determines the level of detail you get outta the games. Turning everything on, especially in VPX, you'll need a pretty decent modern video card otherwise you'll see some stuttering.

#1146 8 years ago

I have to say- I finally (yeah I know) figured out out how to properly run PBA on my VirtuaPin- and map the buttons correctly. I'm loving it!- it would be nice to have full screen like PinFX but that's something we all agree on.

I am so happy I finally got it working. I've put in some serious time on games I never considered owning like Who Dunnit and Junkyard. both now on my list...

IMG_0898_(resized).JPGIMG_0898_(resized).JPG

#1147 8 years ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

I am so happy I finally got it working

Nice, myself cant get the 2 monitor support to work, (you're using the FreeCamera Mod, right?) btw where's your dmd?

#1148 8 years ago

Thanks Markmon and Pudluther. vp10 tables
    back to normal. Mattfl do i check mark all 4
    boxes for the fxaa? or just one. do you use ball
    rendering? and how the boxes under performance and trouble shooting? any of those boxes to use? i have a GeForce GTX
    760 4GB video card. is that enough to run
    these tables smokin? anyone have
    the VP10 table Addams Family? It looks like
    a desktop table when i run it. but i have the Rotate for cabinet usage box checked.. thanks
    all.. appreciate the help.

#1149 8 years ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

I have to say- I finally (yeah I know) figured out out how to properly run PBA on my VirtuaPin- and map the buttons correctly. I'm loving it!- it would be nice to have full screen like PinFX but that's something we all agree on.
    I am so happy I finally got it working. I've put in some serious time on games I never considered owning like Who Dunnit and Junkyard. both now on my list...

IMG_0898_(resized).JPG

who dunnit is freakin' awesome. i owned one for years...hated to see it go.

#1150 8 years ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

IMG_0898_(resized).JPG

Dude thats awesome!

I cant get the modded shell to agree with my setup, (it might be directx11 giving me issues since it (pba, 11) needs directx 11, and needs window$ Aero themes turned on) the combination of these messes with my playfield resolution and forces a black bar at the bottom of the playfield screen, and throws off my 3 screen setting for everything else... so I just play mine like normal in portrait mode Directx 9... unless anyone can offer insight on how to manipulate everything to work together for me, what a pain.

It's pretty much why I all but abandoned Hyperspin and having every emulator to play every single game on one arcade machine setup, the resolutions changing so often and so drastically can give you headaches for years, even on very nice equipment, and the latest builds of the software. Don't get me wrong, HyperSpin is really cool, but some game consoles are not meant to be played on an emulated environment, and are soooo much better played on original equipment on the display they were meant for.

This is probably the argument that diehard non-digital pinheads would offer to us that don't mind emulating reality

There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.