Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 80.
    #1001 8 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

played demo man posted here and def a step in the right direction. Graphics aren't close to the polish of PA though but physics are def better than what I've seen elsewhere for VPX.
    Anyway to get the sound on the demo table higher as the music in particular and sound effects seem low yet my volume is cranked. In addition, the table doesn't seem to work well on a vertical/cab look (entire monitor is not taken up).

yeah, i've found the sound to be really low on the vp10 tables i've downloaded as well...no idea what's causing that.

#1002 8 years ago

Actually, DOF does not automatically work for new tables. You need to run and generate a config file at this site which will overwrite your existing "directoutputconfig.ini" file in your plugin directory so DOF works on the new tables. These new tables are added to the database and unless your playing an older VP table that had DOF already created, you will need to do this. Make sure your login is setup with the correct device and ports for your DOF setup.

Paulo_DOF_Settings_(resized).jpgPaulo_DOF_Settings_(resized).jpg

#1003 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

You don't have to have to switch, you can run VP Physmod tables, along with VP and VP10 all through PinballX. I just put VP10 in its own directory and let VPINMAME & Roms along with DOF plugin stay where they are installed with the original VP install. I have the VP10 executable and tables\backglasses installed in their own separate directory. With PinballX you setup VP10 as an "other system" and it should work fine. Some of my fav tables are PH5, not to mention Star Wars Data East which is only playing with VP9.9. All these versions along with Future Pinball, PinballFX2, The Pinball Arcade can all work with one PinballX installation. It's a one stop shop!
    VP_PBX_Setup_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_7_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_3_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_4_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_5_(resized).jpg
    VP_PBX_Setup_6_(resized).jpg

Thanks for posting this.
    I am still using the original pinball front end. Can't even remember the name. lol
    But I only use it for VP and FP.
    Would be nice to get everything set up in one place.
    I will give PinballX a try sometime.

#1004 8 years ago

Actually, DOF does not automatically work for new tables. You need to run and generate a config file at this site which will overwrite your existing "directoutputconfig.ini" file in your plugin directory so DOF works on the new tables. These new tables are added to the database and unless your playing an older VP table that had DOF already created, you will need to do this. Make sure your login is setup with the correct device and ports for your DOF setup.

DOF_Setup_(resized).PNG

ok. thanks.

is there a way i can figure out what type of setup i have with the correct device/ports? 'cause i have no idea. it's a vpcab.

i guess i can email them, but i was just curious if there was a way i can see it on my end. thanks.

#1005 8 years ago

If VPcabs did not provide that info in the documentation, email them that screen shot and ask what ports they used for your Ledwiz setup. You will need that info to correctly setup your account on DOF and generate a config file.

#1006 8 years ago

Hey Vette, check out Ginsonic's setup for TBA with PinballX, he provided a guide he used to get it going:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17239-pinball-arcade-disable-the-keypresses-provided-by-the-integrated-support/page-2

#1007 8 years ago

thanks paulo.

#1008 8 years ago

Hey Vette, check out Ginsonic's setup for TBA with PinballX, he provided a guide he used to get it going:
    http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17239-pinball-arcade-disable-the-keypresses-provided-by-the-integrated-support/page-2

I'll have to try again. My problem is I could never get the "free camera mod" application to work.

#1009 8 years ago

pudluther - sorry if we sound vague, most of us set up the toys that DOF uses ourselves, because the other big virtual pinball cabinet maker doesn't do DOF. VPCabs obviously does install DOF so that's a new area for us. Hopefully getting in touch with Brad at VPCabs will get you the ports needed for your toys, then you can set your own config up on the DOF Config website. Or maybe he'll just send you an updated config? I'm not sure how they work.

I should explain a bit how DOF works - when a new table is created that hasn't already been done (Star Trek and Metallica and Mustang etc), the maintainers of the DOF config tool need to set up a config for that table. Basically, telling it which solenoids do what on your cabinet. This isn't just automatic, DOF doesn't just automatically know that solenoid # 17 is a pop bumper and it should fire a contactor, what if it's a flasher? etc. so when a new table comes out, you'll need to generate a new config. It's easy once you've already set your cabinet up on the DOF website, really just log in and download. Tables like Medieval Madness and AFM and those that were created years ago for VP9 will already work in VP10 without updating your config.

#1010 8 years ago
    Quoted from freneticamnesic:

pudluther - sorry if we sound vague, most of us set up the toys that DOF uses ourselves, because the other big virtual pinball cabinet maker doesn't do DOF. VPCabs obviously does install DOF so that's a new area for us. Hopefully getting in touch with Brad at VPCabs will get you the ports needed for your toys, then you can set your own config up on the DOF Config website. Or maybe he'll just send you an updated config? I'm not sure how they work.
    I should explain a bit how DOF works - when a new table is created that hasn't already been done (Star Trek and Metallica and Mustang etc), the maintainers of the DOF config tool need to set up a config for that table. Basically, telling it which solenoids do what on your cabinet. This isn't just automatic, DOF doesn't just automatically know that solenoid # 17 is a pop bumper and it should fire a contactor, what if it's a flasher? etc. so when a new table comes out, you'll need to generate a new config. It's easy once you've already set your cabinet up on the DOF website, really just log in and download. Tables like Medieval Madness and AFM and those that were created years ago for VP9 will already work in VP10 without updating your config.

i appreciate the response. i emailed brad about it...he said that they were out of town at a show but that he thought it was the standard PacLED64 config that Zebsboards uses. he also said i could open up LEDBlinky and scroll through them to verify.

that make any sense to you? do i do all of that through the DOFconfig website?

#1011 8 years ago

I have the Dmd PinDMD2. would like to know
    if anyone uses that or familiar how to run it. i would like to change the colors on the display. or how to run UltraDMD through it to have differnt colors. thanks

#1012 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

i appreciate the response. i emailed brad about it...he said that they were out of town at a show but that he thought it was the standard PacLED64 config that Zebsboards uses. he also said i could open up LEDBlinky and scroll through them to verify.
    that make any sense to you? do i do all of that through the DOFconfig website?

Yes. LEDBlinky is a program that lets you test your outputs. Easy way to identify your ports that way.

#1013 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Yes. LEDBlinky is a program that lets you test your outputs. Easy way to identify your ports that way.

thanks vette.

is the "standard PacLED64 config that Zebsboards uses" the one listed here in the second post:

http://www.zebsboards.com/index.php/forum/wiring-diagrams/77-pacled64-virtual-output-kit-wiring-example

looks like that's what the pic is showing, but i wanted a second opinion before i go changing stuff.

#1014 8 years ago

Probably, but I would do the LEDBLINKY to confirm first.

#1015 8 years ago

Hey Pinheads, a PM5 WIP of TWD Pro has been released over at Vpinball.com that plays and sounds great on a cab! Don't forget to run your DOF config so DOF works with it too.

Download it here -> http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-walking-dead-physmod5-wip/#post-10521

These developers are keeping you guys on your toes!

#1016 8 years ago

+1 for LED Blinky. I set up my cab and I still used it to easily identify which port is which toy
    +1 for TWD

#1017 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Just be careful on your knocker (if u have one) It sends the ground signal UNTIL you unclick it. This is not a PULSE like a real pin test menu, and can easily fry your fuse (if you have one) or your coil.

#1018 8 years ago

Hey Pinheads, a PM5 WIP of TWD Pro has been released over at Vpinball.com that plays and sounds great on a cab! Don't forget to run your DOF config so DOF works with it too.
    Download it here -> http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-walking-dead-physmod5-wip/#post-10521
    These developers are keeping you guys on your toes!

holy crap! <runs over to cab to install>

edit: and i do mean "runs" - i'm always afraid these are going to be pulled down and lost in the tubes of the internetz. like, where did that demolition man vp10 go? i went to vpinball a day or two after it was announced here and it has vanished.

#1021 8 years ago

hey paulo...

i downloaded that cleland bin file you recommended, but i keep getting the "line 97 game name not found" popup error, which takes me to the script and highlights "cGameName" in red.

i downloaded the cleland bin per your link on the vpinball page, renamed it to "twd_156" and zipped the folder, then moved the zip file into my ROMs directory.

any idea what i'm doing wrong or what step i missed?

#1022 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

hey paulo...
    i downloaded that cleland bin file you recommended, but i keep getting the "line 97 game name not found" popup error, which takes me to the script and highlights "cGameName" in red.
    i downloaded the cleland bin per your link on the vpinball page, renamed it to "twd_156" and zipped the folder, then moved the zip file into my ROMs directory.
    any idea what i'm doing wrong or what step i missed?

edit: i didn't change the game name in the script and just double checked to make sure it is listed as "twd_156" and it is. still not working. ROM and game-name are same.

#1023 8 years ago

i did the check rom test thingy and it looks like it's only going up to twd_141? the download bin file was 156...so i'm guessing that could be the problem?

do i need to update my vpinmame again? if that's it, does anybody have the link to the most current update? i gave a quick look around, but i couldn't find it...don't know exactly what i should be searching for...i know at one point i had to update it recently so that the sam integration or whatever would work correctly.

thanks fellas. appreciate any help you can give.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-08_at_1.00.17_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-08_at_1.00.17_PM_(resized).png

#1024 8 years ago

Pud, you need to update your vpinmame.dll and install it as you should see V1.56 in there:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sam-for-desktop-cab-pindmd1-pindmd2-pin2dmd/

#1025 8 years ago

Pud, you need to update your vpinmame.dll and install it as you should see V1.56 in there:
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sam-for-desktop-cab-pindmd1-pindmd2-pin2dmd/

thank you.

question: do i just need the new dll file? or replace the whole vpinmame thing...and how do i tell which download i need (VPinMAME_SAM_NON_PINDMD__PINDMD2__PIN2DMD_2.23.rar OR VPinMAME_SAM_PINDMD1_2.23.rar)? it says one is for pindmd version 1 and the other download is for all others.

i don't know that i've ever messed with pindmd, so maybe the second option?

thanks again.

#1026 8 years ago

Oiy Vey! Pud, you will need to most likely download - VPinMAME_SAM_NON_PINDMD__PINDMD2__PIN2DMD_2.23.rar

Overwrite your existing vpinmame.dll then run vpinmame.exe and click "install". You will get a message it was successful then you should be able to click "Test" and see 1.56 in there and test it. Once confirmed, it will work with your table and you should be good to go.

If you get an error when clicking install, then you need to download the other version It's all trial and error, best way to learn about this stuff.

#1027 8 years ago

sorry for all the questions, bud.

seriously do appreciate both your responses and your patience.

the more i do it, the better i'll get at it...i have an irrational fear of effing something up and killing my cab completely, making it a mult-thousand dollar paperweight.

#1028 8 years ago

Hey no problem, luckily I am having a slow day at work!

I would definitely invest in a 2nd 1TB USB drive, they are about $50-60 bucks and leave it connected to your Cab PC as a 2nd drive. I would copy over your PinballX and Visual Pinball Directories at least once a month. This way, if you mess something up or your drive dies, you do not lose all your custom settings and can easily copy back the files.

I also have backed everything up on a 120GB USB flash drive that I keep in another office in case I lose it all. You can never be too safe, I seen to many horror stories and have zero sympathy for people who do not protect their data or have backups. I think that flash drive cost me $20 bucks on black Friday. If you are not doing this already, do it now!

#1029 8 years ago

Hey no problem, luckily I am having a slow day at work!
    I would definitely invest in a 2nd 1TB USB drive, they are about $50-60 bucks and leave it connected to your Cab PC as a 2nd drive. I would copy over your PinballX and Visual Pinball Directories at least once a month. This way, if you mess something up or your drive dies, you do not lose all your custom settings and can easily copy back the files.
    I also have backed everything up on a 120GB USB flash drive that I keep in another office in case I lose it all. You can never be too safe, I seen to many horror stories and have zero sympathy for people who do not protect their data or have backups. I think that flash drive cost me $20 bucks on black Friday. If you are not doing this already, do it now!

yeah. i have to back up everything on a jump drive as that's all i have right now...i bought an external but for whatever reason it refuses to format.

i went ahead and backed up my pinballX and vp folders separately, as you suggested...had a 32gig jump drive i wasn't using.

what i may do is buy a 120g jump drive and back the whole thing up that way, since that external crapped out on me. i can get one for like $30 on amazon.

#1030 8 years ago

Reading this thread is just cementing my lack of interest in dealing with the tedious constant updates and config garbage of getting my VPin up to date. Anybody want a wooden box with 3 displays in it? heh.

#1031 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Reading this thread is just cementing my lack of interest in dealing with the tedious constant updates and config garbage of getting my VPin up to date. Anybody want a wooden box with 3 displays in it? heh.

ha. i get that.

you probably can't tell from my posts on this thread, but i actually DO enjoy setting up the tables and finding all the files for the pinballX front end, getting everything looking pretty just like i want...i just wish i were more computer savvy in general so when i have to do something like set up a DOF config file or, heaven forbid, overwrite/update an existing program i didn't break out in a cold freakin' sweat!!! LOL!

#1032 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Well I guess you hit the nail on the head. If you enjoy this type of thing - testing - tables, then VP is for you. If you prefer a plug and play solution then The Pinball Arcade is better suited for you since its a complete commercial package.

The only advice I will give is, the more you play with VP, Future Pinball, VpinMame, DOF, UltraDMD, PinballX the better you become at using these apps and it starts to make sense. I have only been using them for about a year now, and it took me a while to get the hang of updating files, and XML's etc. I have a blast now and it takes me now minutes to download a new table and fire it up, test it, add it to my XML and database. Where the process used to take hours. If you have zero interest in doing that, I may have a buyer for your cabinet. Post photos and a price.

Personally, I would hang on to it since VP10 is now out of Beta and the tables being released for it are sensational.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=50

#1033 8 years ago

do you know if jp is doing any full screen vp10 releases yet? just curious, as some of his desktop ones look pretty swanky...

this one caught my eye, as well as his smurf table:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11612

#1034 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

do you know if jp is doing any full screen vp10 releases yet? just curious, as some of his desktop ones look pretty swanky...
    this one caught my eye, as well as his smurf table:
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11612

Yeap these are all fullscreen releases VP10 auto adjusts to desktop when you try to play it on a PC screen.

#1035 8 years ago

Yeap these are all fullscreen releases VP10 auto adjusts to desktop when you try to play it on a PC screen.

oh wow!

so you mean EVERYTHING on that page is playable on my cab?!? my weekend just got a whole lot funner-er.

#1036 8 years ago

Well I guess you hit the nail on the head. If you enjoy this type of thing - testing - tables, then VP is for you. If you prefer a plug and play solution then The Pinball Arcade is better suited for you since its a complete commercial package.

Nah, actual pinball is better suited for me. I originally built my cab when I was down to 3 games and didn't figure I'd have more any time soon. That's no longer a problem, and when I have a multitude of actual pinball options instead - I'll never use the vpin. The fact that's it's annoying to constantly update is just extra pressure to let it rot.

#1037 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I originally built my cab when I was down to 3 games and didn't figure I'd have more any time soon. That's no longer a problem, and when I have a multitude of actual pinball options instead - I'll never use the vpin.

i get that as well.

if i had one of those stand alone arcades where the dudes have 30+ pins, i probably wouldn't touch the vpin much either...but that's what it would take for me. i guess i have a touch of pin-ADD.

#1038 8 years ago

woohoo...got TWD working. thanks a ton to paulo!!!

and thanks for that cleland ROM...pretty cool hearing clips from the show.

i did notice this comment in the vpinball thread on the table's release...i didn't realize you could change the dmd's color...and i guess this guy is actually gonna go into the file and add the custom mod stuff (like the woodbury sign)? that's pretty sweet. wonder if he'll release his version?

Screen_Shot_2016-01-08_at_4.56.38_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-08_at_4.56.38_PM_(resized).png

#1039 8 years ago

I believe he referring to the real pin I have those mods too installed on mine...

Paulo_TWD_PRO_(resized).jpgPaulo_TWD_PRO_(resized).jpg

#1040 8 years ago

ah. sorry..brain was in virtual-pin-mode and would not disengage.

nice pin, btw. i've played a real one once...plays nice, IMO...wouldn't mind owning a real one, but the virtual one is scratching that itch rather nicely at the moment.

#1041 8 years ago

I agree, they did a real nice job with this TWD WIP. The physics are great, and looks great. Cannot wait to see what they do with the VP10 version of TWD. Going to be up there in quality with the Met Pro for sure.

#1042 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Go with pinball fx2 and be done. Leave the real pins for playing the real games.

#1043 8 years ago

I agree, they did a real nice job with this TWD WIP. The physics are great, and looks great. Cannot wait to see what they do with the VP10 version of TWD. Going to be up there in quality with the Met Pro for sure.

having the real table, would you say the WIP plays relatively close to the original? at least in spirit (flow, ease of shots, ball movement, etc)?

i think it plays great...and i can't wait to see the vp10 version when it's released...even if it doesn't play any better, the lighting will be top notch. that's the thing i've noticed the most with vp10...the lighting.

#1044 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Go with pinball fx2 and be done. Leave the real pins for playing the real games.

speaking of pbfx2, the new force awakens pack comes out next week!

http://www.ibtimes.com/star-wars-force-awakens-table-announced-zen-pinball-pinball-fx2-2253570

#1045 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

having the real table, would you say the WIP plays relatively close to the original? at least in spirit (flow, ease of shots, ball movement, etc)?
    i think it plays great...and i can't wait to see the vp10 version when it's released...even if it doesn't play any better, the lighting will be top notch. that's the thing i've noticed the most with vp10...the lighting.

It's kind of close, but actually *way* more brutal. I've hit monster scores like 2+ billion on the real deal. I cant hit more than 30 mil on this.

#1046 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

It's kind of close, but actually *way* more brutal. I've hit monster scores like 2+ billion on the real deal. I cant hit more than 30 mil on this.

been playing this thing all night. just set the high score!

Screen_Shot_2016-01-08_at_10.47.27_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-08_at_10.47.27_PM_(resized).png

#1047 8 years ago

still a long way to go to 2bil though...

#1048 8 years ago

Hey pud, I agree, the PM5 of TWD is way harder to score points, but still pretty fun.

Hey I am not sure if you are aware, but there are a ton more VP10 Tables that are still not posted in the official VP10 section yet that you can try out, download and are fantastic. Here is my short list of VP10 tables you need to check out ASAP:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=30784&page=1

Tales from the Crypt
    Kingpin beta 0803
    Judge Dredd beta 7
    Rescue 911
    Circus Voltaire R6
    THe Who's Tommy
    Big Bang Bar
    Medieval Madness R1
    Attack from Mars v6
    Congo

#1049 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

There is that, I guess. Does FX2 have a proper cabinet mode that you can drive with the buttons and whatnot?

#1050 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

There is that, I guess. Does FX2 have a proper cabinet mode that you can drive with the buttons and whatnot?

Yes. No DOF support (at least none I'm aware of), but a nice, fixed camera angle on the Cabs. The tables look great full screen.

There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.