Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,991 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 80.
    #851 8 years ago

Hey Virtual Pinheads, a beta release of Gomez's greatest mobster pin ever - Sopranos - has been released in beta for VP10 over here - http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-sopranos-stern-2005-vpx-beta/#post-4015

Have fun!

#852 8 years ago

A recent post on another site got me thinking. Has anyone gotten Cactus Canyon Continued running on their VP cabinet?
    I know it SHOULD work, I know there are directions, but has anyone actually gotten it to work and plays it on their cab?

#853 8 years ago

So what are you trying to run with Cactus Canyon, a special rom? Both Cactus Canyon Visual Pinball 9.9 and Visual Pinball Physics mod 5 tables are running fine in my cabinet without issues. What issues are you having?

#854 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

So what are you trying to run with Cactus Canyon, a special rom? Both Cactus Canyon Visual Pinball 9.9 and Visual Pinball Physics mod 5 tables are running fine in my cabinet without issues. What issues are you having?

Nope. I have Cc running fine on my cab, its Cactus Canyon Continued (by epthegeek) that I'd like to have working on my cab. This is a p-roc game and mocean and others have gotten the visual pinball to p-roc controller working, but I've never seen CCC working this way. I think this would be spectacular for others to enjoy Erics work on their cabs if they don't own the game. Basically you use the VP 9.9 version and change the controller from vpinmame to vproc after installing the p-roc code and erics project. A few others are trying to get it to work on their cabs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project

#855 8 years ago

Thanks Paulo for the info for Sopranos.
    Looks Amazing. do you have a link for
    updated Rom? the Rom i have for the vp9
    sopranos table. the audio doesnt sound the best.. thanks appreciate it

#856 8 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope. I have Cc running fine on my cab, its Cactus Canyon Continued (by epthegeek) that I'd like to have working on my cab. This is a p-roc game and mocean and others have gotten the visual pinball to p-roc controller working, but I've never seen CCC working this way. I think this would be spectacular for others to enjoy Erics work on their cabs if they don't own the game. Basically you use the VP 9.9 version and change the controller from vpinmame to vproc after installing the p-roc code and erics project. A few others are trying to get it to work on their cabs.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project

I tried, but couldn't...
    I did, however, get the JD p-roc version to work ( although the ball would hang up ).

#857 8 years ago

Just wondering, but has anyone had a problem with the VP Hellen version of ACDC not loading the ball into the shooter lane when starting the game? It'll let me choose a song and hit the "fire" button to select it, but it never puts a ball in the shooter lane to play.... Avatar, Transformers and other newer ones work fine... just a problem with this one it appears.

#858 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Paulo for the info for Sopranos.
    Looks Amazing. do you have a link for
    updated Rom? the Rom i have for the vp9
    sopranos table. the audio doesnt sound the best.. thanks appreciate it

I just downloaded it from the Stern site here -> http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-the-sopranos
    Make sure to rename the zip file sopranos so it will get picked up by the table.

Here is the devs - Fren - response on the Rom Sound used in the table script - "This table uses JPs rom sound replacement script. The Whitestar games of this era all sound like s**t, crackly noises it’s not pleasant. So JP extracted the sounds from the ROM and we disable rom sounds in the script here. It plays sounds from the table instead. They’re still slightly crackly, I suppose, but nowhere near as bad as the ROM sounds, for me at least. Some people have success actually using the ROM sounds. You can change a setting in the script to enable using the ROM sounds instead, it’s at the top of the script and should be marked pretty clearly."

#859 8 years ago

Jimmy AcDc is a Physmod table. did you run the table using PhysMod?

#860 8 years ago

Thanks Paulo. Appreciate the info for
    the Rom. What do I rename the Rom file as? do I rename it as the same name of the old rom i have now? Thanks

#861 8 years ago

Picked up a virtual pin cabinet that's loaded with a shaker motor, two LED wiz's, flashers, LED strips, under cab lighting, accelerometer, 42" playfield TV, 32" backbox and LCD monitor for the DMD area. I just need to wire up the 12 solenoids and build a PC for it.

What are the recommended PC specs and video card specs so there's no flipper lag? Every virtual pin I've played seemed to have some slight amount of flipper lag and it made playing the game not enjoyable at all.

virtual_pinball.jpgvirtual_pinball.jpg

#862 8 years ago

Hey Congrats on your Virtual pin purchase! I would head over to VirtuaPin.net and just copy the computer specs they use in their pins. They also sell the computers already built that you can just pop in your rig.

Greg, just rename the Rom "sopranos" as that is what it is labeled in the script.

#863 8 years ago

Thanks Again Paulo. Just tried it out.. much much better!

#864 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Picked up a virtual pin cabinet that's loaded with a shaker motor, two LED wiz's, flashers, LED strips, under cab lighting, accelerometer, 42" playfield TV, 32" backbox and LCD monitor for the DMD area. I just need to wire up the 12 solenoids and build a PC for it.
    What are the recommended PC specs and video card specs so there's no flipper lag? Every virtual pin I've played seemed to have some slight amount of flipper lag and it made playing the game not enjoyable at all.

virtual_pinball.jpg

wow - YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!

I was confirmed by the seller of that pinball machine (USER ID - jasong78) to be the buyer. As a result, I bought everything for it (PC, etc) that was needed and told the seller this. Was just waiting on him to schedule a time to pick it up. Seller tells me that his child recently was born and that he'll need to reschedule. Been ZERO messages since then even though I've reached out a number of times just to see what was up. Now I see he sold the f'n machine to someone else? WTF? Not mad at you (new buyer) and the seller can do whatever they want but have the respect to tell the person you've been dealing with (and already put money into setting up - bought the full pc) that it's no longer for sale. I have to find out on a f'n pinside thread? Seriously?

#865 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

virtual_pinball.jpg

The PC specs are light. An intel i3 or better and gtx750ti video card will do. The lag comes from. A few things. First, using micro switches for flipper buttons can add some lag over leafs. Micro switches register hit towards the end of the press while leafs can be extra sensitive. The bigger one will be the monitor itself. Most tvs have lag. Likely the tv in what you bought will have lag. There are some with a decent game mode or you can get an expensive presentation monitor. The final piece is setting max prerendered frames to 1 in the video card. By default it's 3, which caches 3 frames before displaying 1. At 60 fps, this introduces about 50ms lag.

#866 8 years ago

What mark mon said !!
    But there is still a little lag. It doesn't take much playing to get used to the lag. And once u do its on. Hell real games have such different feels and speeds anyway. My tftc feels laggy compared to my twdle u will adjust overtime and love it. Never bored again. And can get the rules down for any pin if u are in a pinball league. Also a note. Acdc to me doesn't play real good. It seems to have more lag than some. Maybe the size? We'll see how it runs in vpx.

#867 8 years ago

It also depends what simulation you're running. Pinball fx2 has almost no lag while vp has a little more.

#868 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The PC specs are light. An intel i3 or better and gtx750ti video card will do. The lag comes from. A few things. First, using micro switches for flipper buttons can add some lag over leafs. Micro switches register hit towards the end of the press while leafs can be extra sensitive. The bigger one will be the monitor itself. Most tvs have lag. Likely the tv in what you bought will have lag. There are some with a decent game mode or you can get an expensive presentation monitor. The final piece is setting max prerendered frames to 1 in the video card. By default it's 3, which caches 3 frames before displaying 1. At 60 fps, this introduces about 50ms lag.

I do have leaf springs installed instead of microswitches, so that can at least make up for some lag. The TV is a Vizio, but would have to take a look and see which model if that mattered.

#869 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I do have leaf springs installed instead of microswitches, so that can at least make up for some lag. The TV is a Vizio, but would have to take a look and see which model if that mattered.

Im not an expert on which tvs to get. They chance every year also. I did some research when I built mine and got a tv with under 15ms lag but they're no longer made. You can use this http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/. I think the presentation monitors are the only real way to go for a serous build though. Neccmakes some very expensive very low lag displays but they're $1500-1800.

#870 8 years ago

Can someone please explain the backglass to me? I have seen the 16:9 screen with a second screen under it as a dmd. Also I have seen a 4:3 screen with the dmd as a part of it. I like the second option personally. Are there downloads available for both set ups or do you have to change something in the program or what?

#871 8 years ago

Gregh... no idea on the physmod thing... just added it to the pinballx wheel and tried to launch it. hrm..

#872 8 years ago
    Quoted from JimmyV23:

Gregh... no idea on the physmod thing... just added it to the pinballx wheel and tried to launch it. hrm..

Looks like you have some research to do then. When someone gives you some hints, you should move forward with them rather than say what you did and what you expect.

#873 8 years ago

Download the latest Physmod 5 executable here:
    www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27416&hl=physics

You essentially run this file instead of your normal VP9 exe to run these awesome Physmod 5 tables. Pinballx allows you to setup multiple exe files so you can run VP9.9, PHYSMOD 5 and VP10 all in the same setup. That FAQ is on the PinballX website and is pretty easy to follow.

A ton of polished PM5 tables can be downloaded here -> https://mega.co.nz/#F!fgI0RaqC!hk0_TR9YDaiBl8emF-lRHg

The Twilight Zone PM5 is one of my favs

#874 8 years ago

do all of the cool toys on these VP tables work with pinball arcade yet? For example, the solenoids, shaker, LEDs, etc? Or is that stuff limited to homebrew apps like VP?

#875 8 years ago

I figured out what the deal was.. I looked for the physmod launcher and ran it and manually loaded the table... it worked fine... I didn't realize that on the pinballX game manager there was a drop down for basically the physmod executable instead of just the standard VP launcher... I now know where I can add in Future Pinball tables too if I want.

#876 8 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

do all of the cool toys on these VP tables work with pinball arcade yet? For example, the solenoids, shaker, LEDs, etc? Or is that stuff limited to homebrew apps like VP?

Just VP at this time with DOF. There is a working solution for Pinball FX2 and potentially Pinball arcade using the XBOX360 shaker output via a hack. Randr over at vpinball.com is working on something soon.

#877 8 years ago

thanks - for me VP even at VPX still looks rough and plays like it's homebrew. Not to say it's not great - it def is having that option but what got me into VP is the pinball arcade as the tables really look great and play even better. Hopefully that hack makes the DOF enabled for PA and I can find another VP table to try it out ; )

#878 8 years ago

The new VP10 tables that have been released in betas; Attack From Mars, TOTAN, Robocop, StarTrek, Rolling Stones and Sopranos recently to name a few are just as good visually as anything being released by TPA with better physics IMO. I would suggest you check these tables out and play them on a working setup.

Follow this thread for the latest VP10 Beta tables -> http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=30784&page=125

Download and play Dozer's Attack From Mars Beta 6 on VP10 with DOF and tell me again that TPA is better:

https://mega.nz/#!mNgizKxY!OM4OpDSvZ0WabnOaDSR43JKrxLM0q72Qn0E245jkCIY

1 week later
    #879 8 years ago

Hi guys!

If you haven't heard about it already please checkout Pinball Labs, a new pinball simulator, editor, and API.

Pinball Labs aims to have highly accurate physics and visuals and will support three display modes, Desktop, VR and Virtual Cabinet.

Pinball Labs includes a host of virtual assets like pop-bumpers, slings, lights, spinners, drop-targets, plungers, etc., Pinball Labs' editor will allow anyone to easily design and play their own virtual pinball machines with drag and drop simplicity.

Last but not least, our API supports connectivity of virtual pinball to real world hardware or emulators. Enthusiasts with virtual pinball cabinets will have the power to to hook up real world buttons, lights, solenoids and other physical feedback devices directly to Pinball Labs' simulation.

The Kickstarter for Pinball Labs just launched this week.

Check out the Kickstarter page for more information and list of features for the project.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820215579/pinball-labs

Be sure to try out our playable alpha "proof of concept" demo below. It's especially good in VR if you have an Oculus Rift DK2!

https://mega.nz/#!rIwVFTBS!nPrLgVrwTbQM3mJs6FMjOQhH460ziMis7yo0yj6aBhs

#880 8 years ago

Wow... nice..

1 week later
    #881 8 years ago

TPA has been on sale at steam. Picked up seasons 1-3 at 50% though I think season 1 sale ended. I want to start looking at making a virtual pin. I could see dropping around $1500 into one without counting the CPU if that's possible.

#882 8 years ago

I could see dropping for the Virtualpin DIY cabinet around a grand. Is it feasible to buy everything else for under another grand? 42" monitors are under $400 on eBay but I'd be concerned on lag.

#883 8 years ago

Hey guys, Fren just released the VP10 version of Metallica on www.vpinball.com!

Check it out here -> http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/metallica-stern-2013/

Plays and looks fantastic!

Metallica_(resized).jpgMetallica_(resized).jpg

#884 8 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

I could see dropping for the Virtualpin DIY cabinet around a grand. Is it feasible to buy everything else for under another grand? 42" monitors are under $400 on eBay but I'd be concerned on lag.

My mini pin set me back about $2500 after everything... But I have no force feedback or flashing LED's, the diy is fun, but vpcabs mini is the best bang for buck. Maybe someone else can chime in, but I think you're in for just under 3k building from scratch or buying a kit

#885 8 years ago

Hey guys, Fren just released the VP10 version of Metallica on http://www.vpinball.com!

Metallica_(resized).jpg

Nice! We did get it before xmas

#886 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

My mini pin set me back about $2500 after everything... But I have no force feedback or flashing LED's, the diy is fun, but vpcabs mini is the best bang for buck. Maybe someone else can chime in, but I think you're in for just under 3k building from scratch or buying a kit

Thanks, maybe I'll be patient and look for one eventually to be resold. Once you hit that 3k threshold I start thinking I can nab a great real game.

#887 8 years ago

Hey guys, Fren just released the VP10 version of Metallica on http://www.vpinball.com!

Metallica_(resized).jpg

man, that looks awesome.

at some point, i'm going to have to get you guys to look at my setup and see what i'm doing wrong with installing vp10...'cause i can't get it to run a thing...i'm sure it's user error, but i've done everything i know to do.

there are some sweet tables that i need to get, so i need to get 10 up and running sooner rather than later.

#888 8 years ago

Thanks For the Update Paulo. Fren does Amazing work. Gotta download it. Hope some
    day Fren does the Stern Kiss Table. would be a great addition to other Rock Tables. but iam dreaming. I got $5,000 in my virtual. thats including Labor costs. No ForceFeedback or flashers . so about $3500 for parts . MameMan built mine. He does Awesome work. Merry Christmas All

#889 8 years ago

does anybody have the STERN NBA table? has it been made? i can't find it anywhere, but i did find the b2s backglass on vpuniverse...so maybe it's out there somewhere?

if anybody has a link, i'd really appreciate it.

thanks.

#890 8 years ago

same question for wheel of fortune...i found that backglass as well. is there a full screen table out there somewhere?

(surfing around some of the sites, looking for pins i'm missing).

#891 8 years ago

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2803-wheel-of-fortune-stern-playfield/

Sorry Pudluther I couldnt find those tables. I saw that Wheel of Fortune Playfield i listed the link. Iam assuming those tables are still works in progress. But what do I know? Iam looking for Evel Knievel and Lethal Weapon 3. anyone know where to find the tables?the backglasses and roms are available but no tables. why is it some of the older tables are hard to find complete. does any have the Maverick table? if so does your sound and speech sound choppy and the dmd display looks fuzzy? thanks

#892 8 years ago

Lethal Weapon 3 (For VP9) here : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5779
    Evil Knievel (For VP10) here: https://mega.nz/#F!04sChYCC!WEiQS2NcFlJEURfln3OU5A (from the VP10 Table Testing thread)

WOF and NBA have been made in some form for VP9, but the authors have not released them. The actual tables are not good so no one else has taken the time to recreate them for release. Though there are two or three WOFs in existence. It's not my place to share them though.

Quoted from gregh43:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2803-wheel-of-fortune-stern-playfield/
    Sorry Pudluther I couldnt find those tables. I saw that Wheel of Fortune Playfield i listed the link. Iam assuming those tables are still works in progress. But what do I know? Iam looking for Evel Knievel and Lethal Weapon 3. anyone know where to find the tables?the backglasses and roms are available but no tables. why is it some of the older tables are hard to find complete. does any have the Maverick table? if so does your sound and speech sound choppy and the dmd display looks fuzzy? thanks

#893 8 years ago
    Quoted from freneticamnesic:

Sopranos is still a WIP, I have a few major things to finish on it before I can share it but it's probably 75% done

someone is working on a new sopranos? that's great news. the old one is horrible.

#894 8 years ago

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/the-sopranos-stern-2005/

Thanks Appreciate the links Fren. The link for EK didnt have nothing for download. Captain Neo the Sopranos Table was recently released by the Awesome Fren. I posted the link but its his baby he can give you more info about it.
    Thank you soo much Fren for the great tables. appreciate your dedication. I cant imagine all the hrs you put into creating a table.

#895 8 years ago

I'm still using VP 9.8. so VP 10 is stable now? I recently went through a fiasco because I "upgraded" from xp to win 7 on my VP cab. All hell broke loose. Finally have it up and running. Pinball X running well.

So you can run VP 10 and VP 9.8 together without conflicts? So does that allow you to automatically use VP 10 for tables that support it and VP 9X for the tables that use that?

#896 8 years ago

yeah seems to be stable on mine. i run both vp 9 and vp 10. havent had any issues. I install the updates as they come out for vp10. it might also depend on your computer set up. iam running a I7 processor and 16gigs of Ram. and a higher end graphics card. i put more money into the computer componets then instead of having the extra bells and whistles. I use windows 7. thinking about going to windows 10. I also unchecked the XP in the "Compatability" and runs just fine. I owe all my VP Software help to AllKnowing. In my opinion hes a wizard at the software

#897 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

yeah seems to be stable on mine. i run both vp 9 and vp 10. havent had any issues. I install the updates as they come out for vp10. it might also depend on your computer set up. iam running a I7 processor and 16gigs of Ram. and a higher end graphics card. i put more money into the computer componets then instead of having the extra bells and whistles. I use windows 7. thinking about going to windows 10. I also unchecked the XP in the "Compatability" and runs just fine. I owe all my VP Software help to AllKnowing. In my opinion hes a wizard at the software

i'm running high end goodies in mine too, I was more concerned with clashing from running 2 VP's at the same time. What does Allknowing know about MAME? I need someone to help me with Joytokey. My mame is setup and configured, just can't get my control panel adjusted correctly.

#898 8 years ago
    Quoted from freneticamnesic:

WOF and NBA have been made in some form for VP9, but the authors have not released them. The actual tables are not good so no one else has taken the time to recreate them for release. Though there are two or three WOFs in existence. It's not my place to share them though.

thanks fren. i know NBA isn't really all that popular, but i'd love to play it again...it would go nicely with NBA Fastbreak (which happens to be one of my favorite tables).

if you ever happen across a link, or hear anything from the table creator that made it, please let him/her know that there's an audience out there for that table...appreciate it.

#899 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm running high end goodies in mine too, I was more concerned with clashing from running 2 VP's at the same time. What does Allknowing know about MAME? I need someone to help me with Joytokey. My mame is setup and configured, just can't get my control panel adjusted correctly.

Mame uses raw input. You won't use joytokey on it. You'd program the raw joystick presses via your key encoder that is probably registering joystick hits.

#900 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

thanks fren. i know NBA isn't really all that popular, but i'd love to play it again...it would go nicely with NBA Fastbreak (which happens to be one of my favorite tables).
    if you ever happen across a link, or hear anything from the table creator that made it, please let him/her know that there's an audience out there for that table...appreciate it.

He knows people want it. He's just not going to release it, it's a fruitless endeavor lol. Fastbreak is always good at least Same guy made WOF, just won't release it. Other people will share it for sure, I'm not saying you won't get your hands on it, and if you do they're very well made and belong in everyone's collection.

There are 3,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.