Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,980 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 270 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 80.
    #801 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

IMO the DMD is way better in the backglass until they start supporting the real DMD via PinDMD2

Totally disagree. It's way lame looking way up that high while playing. I doubt real DMD support is ever coming in pinball fx. It's kind of lame to use a real DMD anyway. Real pinball machines aren't even using them anymore. It's way limiting in a virtual machine.

#802 8 years ago

Not if your a pro like me. I trap the ball when a mode starts to see what you have to do Cannot stand the DMD on the playfield, so much so that I refused to play PBFX2 on my VirtualPin until the made this update.

#803 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Wiggy07 for that info. so basically when you purchase the game you can play it right on your computer without emulator etc..
    and the game runs through Pinball X frontend? thanks.

yes, it can be set up to show up in your pinballX front end wheel along with your visual pinball tables.

and pinball FX2 is its own game. so no, there's no additional "emulator" needed. think of it as you downloading a video game, just like you would on your xbox or something. that's what it is....in fact, i've got all the PBFX2 tables on my X1 and my PS4. same thing. same tables (except they have to scroll/etc on console as you're not playing the tv long ways).

#804 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Totally disagree. It's way lame looking way up that high while playing. I doubt real DMD support is ever coming in pinball fx. It's kind of lame to use a real DMD anyway. Real pinball machines aren't even using them anymore. It's way limiting in a virtual machine.

Not if your a pro like me. I trap the ball when a mode starts to see what you have to do Cannot stand the DMD on the playfield, so much so that I refused to play PBFX2 on my VirtualPin until the made this update.

i like the dmd image where the dmd normally is...but i think it would probably look fine up in the backglass on those PBFX2 backglass videos.

absolutely NO on the dmd on the playfield. yuck.

#805 8 years ago

Thanks appreciate the info Pudluther and everyone else. the tables look awesome. do the tables scroll around when you are playing them? that would be a big turn off for me. i like traditional pinball with no scrolling table

#806 8 years ago

I never said it should be on the playfield. I said it should go where the DMD belongs. Why build a cabinet and include a DMD when the only software that supports that screen is some community software and not all the many other simulations?

#807 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks appreciate the info Pudluther and everyone else. the tables look awesome. do the tables scroll around when you are playing them? that would be a big turn off for me. i like traditional pinball with no scrolling table

you can set it so there's no scrolling at all.

#808 8 years ago

That dmd in the backglass looks awful and weirdly skewed. Why isn't it in the DMD slot? DMD slot should be a monitor, no need to step backwards with a real DMD that regular pinball machines don't use anymore

#809 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

That dmd in the backglass looks awful and weirdly skewed. Why isn't it in the DMD slot? DMD slot should be a monitor, no need to step backwards with a real DMD that regular pinball machines don't use anymore

Because people build their machines solely for visual pinball and hyperpin type stuff then expect all the many other pinball simulations to make code changes to conform to their build. Instead, a more flexible build should have been considered from the start to properly run other simulations.

#810 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Because people build their machines solely for visual pinball and hyperpin type stuff then expect all the many other pinball simulations to make code changes to conform to their build. Instead, a more flexible build should have been considered from the start to properly run other simulations.

That sucks Those don't play anywhere near the best anymore

#811 8 years ago

my dmd is another tv screen. i'm happy with it.

#812 8 years ago

Cool thanks Pudluther. will have to get PinballFX. anyone into Future Pinball tables?
    how you like them compared to VP.?

#813 8 years ago

The latest Physics 2.7 with future pinball tables is not bad. The only thing with FP is it does not use the force feedback, some of the tables do use the real DMD which is cool. BAM is also a must with FP since it sets up the tables to look their best and you can get the BAM 3D kit to blow away buddies on these VR tables:

I like to play the original tables like War of the Worlds or Jaws, the Spidey, Xmen, Batman, Avatar etc are pretty cool.

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-9140-war_of_the_worlds

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-15423-gone_in_60_seconds

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-7436-jaws_ultimate

#814 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Cool thanks Pudluther. will have to get PinballFX. anyone into Future Pinball tables?
    how you like them compared to VP.?

i downloaded it on my cab because of some of the cool original tables (jaws, for instance). but...the physics just don't seem right to me. maybe it's adjustable, but the ball just seemed waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too floaty.

and i had all kinds of graphical glitches too...it would basically "black out" wherever the ball traveled, all big and pixelated black boxes. it was weird. never really looked into what was causing it or how to fix it because, again, floaty...

#815 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

i downloaded it on my cab because of some of the cool original tables (jaws, for instance). but...the physics just don't seem right to me. maybe it's adjustable, but the ball just seemed waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too floaty.
    and i had all kinds of graphical glitches too...it would basically "black out" wherever the ball traveled, all big and pixelated black boxes. it was weird. never really looked into what was causing it or how to fix it because, again, floaty...

Using BAM - http://ravarcade.pl/ - will fix this issue. Tables that are optimized for Physics 2.7 are pretty good and work with BAM.

Check out Slamtilt's website at - http://speak1970.wix.com/slamspinballemporium - his tables are pretty good and look great in cab.

Download FuturePinball with Physics 2.7 here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/z6uz6rg9wkj3j6r/Physics+2.7.rar

Setup PinballX with BAM and FP here. I used this setup and got it working pretty easily:

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/setting-up-fp-with-bam-to-work-in-pinballx-with-vp9-vp10-etc/

#816 8 years ago

thanks.

and yeah, i'm familiar with slam's tables...dude is really talented.

so...if i set up BAM it will fix the black box pixelated thingy? are you familiar with what i'm talking about? makes the table more or less unplayable.

#817 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

thanks.
    and yeah, i'm familiar with slam's tables...dude is really talented.
    so...if i set up BAM it will fix the black box pixelated thingy? are you familiar with what i'm talking about? makes the table more or less unplayable.

Yes, I had the same issue. I also updated my video card drivers and since then have installed a newer card. But BAM fixes a ton of issues with FP, so I believe running BAM will fix your problem.

#818 8 years ago

Thanks Paulo Wow O Wow! looks Amazing. i have future pin and Bam installed. do i need to install that physics 2.7? or is there a new update of Future pinball?

#819 8 years ago

installed BAM. definitely don't get the ball trail...but...odd default shape to the table. i guess i just have to manually resize it like with regular future pin?

and how do i get the dmd to move off the stupid table? it's up in the corner, if you can see it in the pic...

Screen_Shot_2015-10-27_at_9.36.54_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-10-27_at_9.36.54_PM.png

#820 8 years ago

hmmm...been looking around on the googles...looks like BAM is supposed to auto-size everything for you?

tried resizing like i did straight through future pinball before, but i don't think it's the same menu.

i may have installed something incorrectly. i'm not sure what i did...all tables are like the above pic, btw...none of them stretch to fill up the playfield screen side to side.

#821 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

installed BAM. definitely don't get the ball trail...but...odd default shape to the table. i guess i just have to manually resize it like with regular future pin?
    and how do i get the dmd to move off the stupid table? it's up in the corner, if you can see it in the pic...

Screen_Shot_2015-10-27_at_9.36.54_PM.png

Press "~" to get the BAM configuration screen while in game

While in editor mode, click on translite, then on the upper left of the translite you will see a few rectangular boxes, right click on them and unlock them, then drag them up off of the translite, the dmd will no longer be on the playfield

#822 8 years ago

Cool. The configuration screen is accessed by hitting "~". Your going to have to stretch it out on the x scale in the table config section and the configuration will be saved as a global setting. Each table can also have its own unique configuration file saved in the menu. Make sure you setup your cabinet with the right screen size and dimensions in Bam as well.

To get rid of DMD on top left, load table in FP. Click on translite on left menu. Go up the blue DMD section and right click and unlock the DMD section. Once unlocked drag it over to the left outside the translite area. You may have to move over 2 or 3 parts to completely remove. Once done, save table and it will be gone forever on that table.

#823 8 years ago

Cool Original FP tables:

20151028_090313.jpg20151028_090313.jpg
    20151028_094601.jpg20151028_094601.jpg
    20151028_094900.jpg20151028_094900.jpg
    20151028_101049.jpg20151028_101049.jpg

20151029_235301.jpg20151029_235301.jpg

1 week later
    #824 8 years ago

Hey guys, I found this while reading about the Future Pinball Original Avengers tables that was worked on for a few years before being dropped. This is a stable version of that WIP that plays and sounds great on a cab. Check it out:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9073180/avengerstable.zip

#825 8 years ago

hey all was wondering if anyone had any problems with VP10 Tables? when i run Star Trek Pro, Tron and Rolling Stone I get no Ball to come out. Table loads fine. appreciate any help to get these working. they worked fine before. very weird why this is happening.. Thanks everyone

#826 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

hey all was wondering if anyone had any problems with VP10 Tables? when i run Star Trek Pro, Tron and Rolling Stone I get no Ball to come out. Table loads fine. appreciate any help to get these working. they worked fine before. very weird why this is happening.. Thanks everyone

I can't even get any DMD tables to work at all only the EM tables. DMD tables crash when I hit play.

#827 8 years ago

i still haven't successfully run a vp10 table...something is still jacked up in the setup.

#828 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

i don't think it's your problem, but i guess you could try the add-a-ball thingy from some of the older tables.

i think it's the "4" number key.

#829 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hauntflies:

I can't even get any DMD tables to work at all only the EM tables. DMD tables crash when I hit play.

This usually means you dont have vpinmame installed. Run the setup.exe click thru each of the options .. install, setup defaults , setup paths.

1 week later
    #830 8 years ago

Going back to this "free camera mod" for the Pinball Arcade. Has anyone been able to actually install it and get it to work? The instructions provided are pretty basic. Just extract the files to a folder and click run. I've done all that and all I ever get is the error below and yes, my cab is hooked up to the interneterror.jpgerror.jpg.

#831 8 years ago
    Quoted from allknowing2012:

This usually means you dont have vpinmame installed. Run the setup.exe click thru each of the options .. install, setup defaults , setup paths.

I have vpinmame installed and I can run VP9 and PM5 tables flawlessly. Not sure why VP10 tables give problems. I am going to work on it this weekend to see if I can get it going in my cab.

#832 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Going back to this "free camera mod" for the Pinball Arcade. Has anyone been able to actually install it and get it to work? The instructions provided are pretty basic. Just extract the files to a folder and click run. I've done all that and all I ever get is the error below and yes, my cab is hooked up to the interneterror.jpg.

I managed to get it up and running but that was a while ago. I just did so out of curiousity and went back to visual pinball. I'm not sure what that error is about.

#833 8 years ago

Hey Vett, I too have had problems getting the free camera mod to work in my VirtuaPin. Essentially the fact that it does not make TPA go into portrait mode is a big negative for me. My cab is Landscape so in order to play TPA I have to manually turn it portrait. I cannot get the camera to work properly either, which is my issue. I do not get the error you are getting so I would definitely start from scratch with the mod install.

I have reached out to Rav the creator of BAM to see if he can incorporate that awesome mod which includes 3D headtracking into TPA. Rav is saying 95% of the work was already completed by a dude who created a VR patch that hooks in to the TPA graphic calls last year. This could be interesting if Rav finds time to work on this. Perhaps give TPA finally a decent cabinet mode with head tracking

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6007&p=79194#p79194

#834 8 years ago

Hey Vett, I too have had problems getting the free camera mod to work in my VirtuaPin. Essentially the fact that it does not make TPA go into portrait mode is a big negative for me. My cab is Landscape so in order to play TPA I have to manually turn it portrait. I cannot get the camera to work properly either, which is my issue. I do not get the error you are getting so I would definitely start from scratch with the mod install.
    I have reached out to Rav the creator of BAM to see if he can incorporate that awesome mod which includes 3D headtracking into TPA. Rav is saying 95% of the work was already completed by a dude who created a VR patch that hooks in to the TPA graphic calls last year. This could be interesting if Rav finds time to work on this. Perhaps give TPA finally a decent cabinet mode with head tracking
    http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6007&p=79194#p79194

I had to write a startup script for windows to rotate my displays for tpa to go into portrait when I load tpa...

Honestly I find it convenient to have pinballx to load the script that loads tpa, then use tpa to find a game and load the table. I have not tried the free tpa mod yet... But soon

#835 8 years ago

Hey Chosen, can you share your display rotation script and a screenshot of how you have TPA setup on PinballX? I want to use PinballX too to start it up and have no issue with using the in-game menu for now until something better comes along. Right now I am playing TPA outside of PinballX which is not preferred.

Thanks!

#836 8 years ago

Hey pinheads, a Future Pinball WIP of the troubled Predator table is going to be available on www.vpuniverse.com today at some point when the admins approve it. Check it out the thread here -> http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2267-escape-from-haunted-city/

predator_final_SCREENSHOT.jpgpredator_final_SCREENSHOT.jpg

#837 8 years ago

if anyone is planning on selling their VP, PM me as I'm interested in buying as my current deal might fall through. thanks.

#838 8 years ago

Hey pinheads, a Future Pinball WIP of the troubled Predator table is going to be available on http://www.vpuniverse.com today at some point when the admins approve it. Check it out the thread here -> http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2267-escape-from-haunted-city/
    predator_final_SCREENSHOT.jpg

oh hell yes. thanks for the heads up.

#839 8 years ago

is there a direct link to the download? i can't seem to find it on either of those links. thanks.

#840 8 years ago

Ok, I have downloaded it and tried it out. Its a WIP with no rules at the moment and very rough scoring. All the sound effects and animations were created by the author and have nothing to do with the real pin. It does give you an idea of the shots but that's about it. I hope the author goes back and completes this WIP at some point. You can download the table here:
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11445

or here -> http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3652-predator/

#841 8 years ago

Would like to know if anyone has changed their
    compatability in VP. I unchecked the xp service pack 3. was wondering if anyone else
    done that? thanks

#842 8 years ago

Ok, I have downloaded it and tried it out. Its a WIP with no rules at the moment and very rough scoring. All the sound effects and animations were created by the author and have nothing to do with the real pin. It does give you an idea of the shots but that's about it. I hope the author goes back and completes this WIP at some point. You can download the table here:
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11445

By the way this is for Future Pinball not VP.

#843 8 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

By the way this is for Future Pinball not VP.

I think he knows this as he posted it in post# 836

#844 8 years ago

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F1YQ3DI/ref=pdp_new_dp_review.

Anyone using this? Are there pcb's and buttons that are faster than others?

#845 8 years ago

I've always used the Ipac2 setup.... firs the PS2 version and now the USB version... Only difference I've ever seen in those 2 was programming/ loading presets took longer in the PS2's... response wise if the USB is faster it is so minute that I can't tell the difference. I think a buddy of mine has used those in a full PC mame cab before... I guess the better way to put it is that anything I or a friend of mine has ever built has always had great response times and I think 3 or 4 different setups have been used in various applications... I think in this day and age you'd have to find a pretty pitiful 3rd world clone of a knock off of a knock off of a knock off to find one that isn't acceptable. The kits that come from the virtual pin site is good too... although quite a bit more $$ but it does do tilt / plunger support.... where that one linked is just for buttons more like the ipacs.

#846 8 years ago

The ipac use to be great but now it also shows up as a joystick device. The one from amazon would work perfectly well. There's also the freescale controller method which also provides an accelerometer for nudging. That set up works great and costs $13 in a DiY configuration.

#847 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The ipac use to be great but now it also shows up as a joystick device. The one from amazon would work perfectly well. There's also the freescale controller method which also provides an accelerometer for nudging. That set up works great and costs $13 in a DiY configuration.

Have a link for the Freescale method?

#848 8 years ago

Hey Chosen, I set one up on my cab but ended up going with the VirtualPin default for now since was setup to work with all my buttons.

Purchased it from this site:
    http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Freescale-Semiconductor/FRDM-KL25Z/?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduj1pEhQAG9G5RrFSUwb8VU4OUGJgXjWf4vxjsW6K8yqu%2FwR1xu6ntbAQqUy2D7VQXc%3D

Here is the manual:
    the_pinscape_controller_20140913.pdfthe_pinscape_controller_20140913.pdf

#849 8 years ago
    #850 8 years ago

Hey Chosen, I set one up on my cab but ended up going with the VirtualPin default for now since was setup to work with all my buttons.
    Purchased it from this site:
    http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Freescale-Semiconductor/FRDM-KL25Z/?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduj1pEhQAG9G5RrFSUwb8VU4OUGJgXjWf4vxjsW6K8yqu%2FwR1xu6ntbAQqUy2D7VQXc%3D
    Here is the manual:
    the_pinscape_controller_20140913.pdf

cool, thank you for posting this

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.