Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,989 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Smaug
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg
    There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 80.
    #751 8 years ago

so the new "balls of glory" pack came out on steam today. loaded them onto my cab today. the family guy and american dad pins are pure awesomeness.

question: does anybody know how to get the back glass (static) image to show up while the table is running? it's just the new ones i'm having trouble with...all my other PBFX2 tables work correctly.

(and i have the table image and backglass and wheel image working ok through pinball x...just not when i load it up...backglass goes black)

#752 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

so the new "balls of glory" pack came out on steam today. loaded them onto my cab today. the Family Guy and american dad pins are pure awesomeness.
    question: does anybody know how to get the back glass (static) image to show up while the table is running? it's just the new ones i'm having trouble with...all my other PBFX2 tables work correctly.
    (and i have the table image and backglass and wheel image working ok through pinball x...just not when i load it up...backglass goes black)

There's a setting in pinballx, in the game configuration app, the options for individual tables, and there's one that says"hide back glass" - uncheck that

#753 8 years ago

ah.

so every time a new table comes out, i'm gonna have to go do that? i guess that's not a big deal.

'preciate the info.

#754 8 years ago

got it working. thanks.

i noticed when i was searching for backglass images for the pinball fx2 tables that there are some backglass videos out there...have any of you guys tried to run them? i guess it puts them on a loop or something?

#755 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

got it working. thanks.
    i noticed when i was searching for backglass images for the pinball fx2 tables that there are some backglass videos out there...have any of you guys tried to run them? i guess it puts them on a loop or something?

It does put them on a loop, some are really cool, others are just weird

#756 8 years ago

Where can you get these awesome tables from? do you install them just like Visual Pyyinball? Anyone here use the PinDmd? i have
    the PinDmd2 .but when running Addams Family I get no display from my PinDmd. Anyone have
    the same issue? Thanks

#757 8 years ago

you can get the pinball fx2 tables here. there are some really good ones.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/226980/

#758 8 years ago

Thanks I'll take a look at it..

#759 8 years ago

here ya go, fellas...a little BTTF on BTTF day!

Screen_Shot_2015-10-21_at_9.48.17_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-10-21_at_9.48.17_PM.png

#760 8 years ago

looks cool. thanks . i need to get that table along with the other DE table Lethal Weapon 3
    anyone play the DE Star Trek table?

#761 8 years ago

yeah..i have DE star trek.

i like it...but then again, i have a soft spot in my pin-heart for data east games. they may not be the best playing pins out there, but i dig 'em.

#762 8 years ago

you should snag DE star wars while you're at it...if you don't have it already.

i have the real table. love it. the virtual version is pretty good (i think i have the night mod running on my cab now).

#763 8 years ago

Thats Awesome you have the DE Star Trek.
    i own a Bally Star Trek. but nothing special compared to the DE. Data East made alot
    of great pins. in my opionion. i have a G N R. like that pin alot. would be hard to part with. hope to own a Back To The Future or Star trek someday..

#764 8 years ago

no, i have the DE star wars.

i only own the virtual version of DE star trek.

---

as for BTTF, it's a love/hate game for a lot of people it seems. i love the theme. and the gameplay isn't the greatest, but i do enjoy it. not sure how long it would stay fresh in a small collection of real pins though. but...having a virtual version of it to play any time i want? yeah. awesome.

#765 8 years ago

Nice! Star Wars is cool DE machine. i like it better than the Star Wars Episode 1. original star wars was better. Yeah i agree with you
    about back to the future. its kinda the same
    way with lethal weapon 3. use to own one. but after awhile it got kinda blah. its great having a virtual dont have lug machines around to play a game

#766 8 years ago

Wow! Pinball Arcade cabinet mode! Looks like we missed this one.. Amazing stuff!

More and Download here: http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/10199-DOWNLOAD-Pinball-Arcade-Free-Camera-Mod

Camera setup

552229mod.png552229mod.png

Cirque voltaire

Pinball_arcade_cabinet.pngPinball_arcade_cabinet.png

#767 8 years ago

has anyone tried this? last time i looked it up on the forums, TPA wasn't supported for cabs...at least not fully.

is this single screen setup? it'd be great to have some more "professional" tables to run.

#768 8 years ago

Here is a video showing the setup -

#769 8 years ago

looks great.

is there any new info on a timetable for TPA "official" cabinet support?

#770 8 years ago

TPA could not care less about releasing cabinet support. They are in bed now with Stern so I am sure that function will not be developed until Stern blesses it. TPA are a bunch of shills, if you pay them they will do it. As you can see I am pissed about this official cabinet support as they have been promising it for years in their forums and couldn't care less about the hundreds of requests that have been posted for this functionality.

#771 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

TPA could not care less about releasing cabinet support. They are in bed now with Stern so I am sure that function will not be developed until Stern blesses it. TPA are a bunch of shills, if you pay them they will do it. As you can see I am pissed about this official cabinet support as they have been promising it for years in their forums and couldn't care less about the hundreds of requests that have been posted for this functionality.

which you would think makes zero sense for them financially...i don't own any TPA tables on my cab...if they were to make cabinet support official, i would buy every one of them (even though i own every one of them already on multiple devices).

but...........maybe selling tables isn't their thing? :/

#772 8 years ago

anybody know what causes this? it looks like the DMD is running properly, it's just all out of whack...like maybe it's zoomed in waaaaaaaayyyyy too far?

is this another script issue? i've looked on some other tables at trying to find where the dmd size is controlled, but haven't been able to find it quite yet.

thanks in advance for any help.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-23_at_9.21.17_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-10-23_at_9.21.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015-10-23_at_9.21.41_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-10-23_at_9.21.41_PM.png

#773 8 years ago

F TPA

Those bitches promised portrait mode years ago

No worries, PinballFX is KILLING it lately & they offer cabinet support.

Incomplete Stern games running on incomplete TPA?

No thanks

#774 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

anybody know what causes this? it looks like the DMD is running properly, it's just all out of whack...like maybe it's zoomed in waaaaaaaayyyyy too far?
    is this another script issue? i've looked on some other tables at trying to find where the dmd size is controlled, but haven't been able to find it quite yet.
    thanks in advance for any help.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-23_at_9.21.17_PM.png Screen_Shot_2015-10-23_at_9.21.41_PM.png

PinDMD is rotated - easy fix.
    Go into script, find the line that has .rol = and change the value to 0

#775 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

PinDMD is rotated - easy fix.
    Go into script, find the line that has .rol = and change the value to 0

thanks a ton...that fixed it immediately.

#776 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

F TPA
    Those bitches promised portrait mode years ago
    No worries, PinballFX is KILLING it lately & they offer cabinet support.
    Incomplete Stern games running on incomplete TPA?
    No thanks

Yeap the cab support with PinballFX2 is awesome. Anyone here have success getting Ledwiz to work with PBFX2, at minimum the flippers? That would add some realism to this cab support. More info on the official support here:

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?11279-Patch-notes-for-today-s-update-for-cabinet-support

#777 8 years ago

Yeap the cab support with PinballFX2 is awesome. Anyone here have success getting Ledwiz to work with PBFX2, at minimum the flippers? That would add some realism to this cab support. More info on the official support here:
    http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?11279-Patch-notes-for-today-s-update-for-cabinet-support

that's awesome that they have embraced the community like that...and <shocker> i bet it sold them a lot more copies (i doubled up on every single table they offer; i have them all on my X1 and now every one of them on my cab).

when you talk about LEDwiz are you talking about the force feedback stuff? i'd love it if that could be added...they're fun to play even without it, but if it were included it would take it to the next level.

#778 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

that's awesome that they have embraced the community like that...and <shocker> i bet it sold them a lot more copies (i doubled up on every single table they offer; i have them all on my X1 and now every one of them on my cab).
    when you talk about LEDwiz are you talking about the force feedback stuff? i'd love it if that could be added...they're fun to play even without it, but if it were included it would take it to the next level.

I posted the same question over on vpinball.com and we got a response but the info is all in French. Looks doable!

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/can-we-get-some-ledwiz-toys-working-with-pinballfx2-dof-compatibility/

#779 8 years ago

The problem with adding solenoids to knock with the flippers is the out of sync sound. The solenoids kick then the game sounds for the flippers fire. It's super lame and distracting. In VP, the game sounds can be disabled and rerouted to dof. But here you'd get both.

Just crank up your subwoofer in the game. Mine makes it so I feel everything even the balls bump on rubbers. You do not need dof to enjoy the game.

#780 8 years ago

Force feedback kicks ass. I find that I enjoy the distracting led flashers even more fulfilling than the pop bumbers' contactors.

#781 8 years ago

I posted the same question over on vpinball.com and we got a response but the info is all in French. Looks doable!
    http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/can-we-get-some-ledwiz-toys-working-with-pinballfx2-dof-compatibility/

you have animated backglasses with PBFX2? how does that work? i've been going with the static images as best i can...some of them look pretty cool, but animated would be sweet.

#782 8 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Force feedback kicks ass. I find that I enjoy the distracting led flashers even more fulfilling than the pop bumbers' contactors.

yeah. love the flashers. any "extra" feedback be it shaker, solenoids, or flashers adds to the experience IMO.

#783 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

you have animated backglasses with PBFX2? how does that work? i've been going with the static images as best i can...some of them look pretty cool, but animated would be sweet.

I got the animated backglasses here and moved the DMD inside the grill. Looks great when playing:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0R0MAWii8VBfk5UcENyYUxncThGSmdTZFN4cTlvQ24yVWpNeVZwQmlGcG52NDdxeXl1N28&usp=sharing&tid=0B0R0MAWii8VBfkJ2TktrdkRSZEZqMEM4LUM4a09WUTRNVUFDcWZsUWZMN2VhdnZZNVgzTVk

Keep in mind this was done in PinballX as PBFX2 only supports static backglasses at this time. If you need help setting it up let me know as I have a PDF for PinballX setup.

20151025_103246.jpg20151025_103246.jpg

#784 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The problem with adding solenoids to knock with the flippers is the out of sync sound. The solenoids kick then the game sounds for the flippers fire. It's super lame and distracting. In VP, the game sounds can be disabled and rerouted to dof. But here you'd get both.
    Just crank up your subwoofer in the game. Mine makes it so I feel everything even the balls bump on rubbers. You do not need dof to enjoy the game.

I agree however the Frenchman has hooked up the contractor to the shaker code coming out of the 360 controller which responds in game. This solution should work!

#785 8 years ago

ha...i see you downloaded the balls of glory pack.

american dad and family guy were worth the price of admission alone.

#786 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

ha...i see you downloaded the balls of glory pack.
    american dad and Family Guy were worth the price of admission alone.

Bob's burgers has me flowing ramps like a mad man

#787 8 years ago

i think i need that pinballX PDF.

can i keep the dmd where it is? i want to try it both in its current position and moved up to the backglass...see which one i like.

#788 8 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

i think i need that pinballX PDF.
    can i keep the dmd where it is? i want to try it both in its current position and moved up to the backglass...see which one i like.

Here you go, just follow the steps on setting up PBFX2 in pinballX. You don't need the borderless script, DMD cfg and other stuff since the cabinet version already does this.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=31994

IMO the DMD is way better in the backglass until they start supporting the real DMD via PinDMD2

20151024_125823.jpg20151024_125823.jpg

20151025_212136.jpg20151025_212136.jpg

#789 8 years ago

Looks Awesome! is PinballFx easy to
    setup?

#790 8 years ago

If you are using PinballX and its the latest or recent version, steam installed etc. Just setup as per the screenshot in the PDF and it just works. Dump the animated backglasses into the correct media directory to get it looking great, perhaps add the table and wheel screenshots to make things look real nice. Overall, very easy setup.

#791 8 years ago

Thanks Appreciate the help. you mentioned
    Pinball X are you referring to the frontend pinball X or VP10?

#792 8 years ago

he's talking about the front end, pinballX

use that link i sent you a while back...and the tutorial video...i think you'll like it once you get it up and running, greg.

#793 8 years ago

Thanks could you re send me the link please. i was unable to find it in my emails. appreciate it

#794 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks could you re send me the link please. i was unable to find it in my emails. appreciate it

#795 8 years ago

Here you go, just follow the steps on setting up PBFX2 in pinballX. You don't need the borderless script, DMD cfg and other stuff since the cabinet version already does this.
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=31994
    IMO the DMD is way better in the backglass until they start supporting the real DMD via PinDMD2
    20151024_125823.jpg

20151025_212136.jpg

thanks man. after i started reading the pdf, i realized that i knew what i was doing from having set up backglass/table images/videos. but i appreciate you linking it for me.

i haven't tried moving the dmd yet. may do that at some point...the animated backglasses are a welcome improvement over static images though. i guess he'll update the list when he gets the ones done for the balls of glory pack? hope so.

question: what do you mean by "....until they start supporting the real DMD via PinDMD2?" is pinDMD where you use an actual dmd instead of a third monitor?

#796 8 years ago

Thanks Pudluther for the video. I have
    PinX but i need to learn up how to
    run the tables with.. this should
    help. thanks. are the tables from
    pinballFx free or is there a fee for them?

#797 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Pudluther for the video. I have
    PinX but i need to learn up how to
    run the tables with.. this should
    help. thanks. are the tables from
    pinballFx free or is there a fee for them?

pinball fx2 is on steam, free to try, pay to keep/win

#798 8 years ago

Thanks Chosen_S is Steam a website or
    a emulator?? sorry new this pinballFx stuff

#799 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Chosen_S is Steam a website or
    a emulator?? sorry new this pinballFx stuff

Gregh, Steam is a application which allows you to purchase games electronically, and once you make the purchase, the game is downloaded to you. A lot of games went this direction for purchasing, I believe Pinball Arcade uses Steam as its online purchasing. You would download Steam to your computer, then do a search for Pinball FX, then purchase it through the online account you create when first logging in.

#800 8 years ago

Thanks Wiggy07 for that info. so basically when you purchase the game you can play it right on your computer without emulator etc..
    and the game runs through Pinball X frontend? thanks.

There are 3,989 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.