Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,980 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 270 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TFTC FlyerA (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0466 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    Top10pro (resized).png
    Top10pro (resized).png
    20240129_125402.png
    Fireballxl5 (resized).png
    2023-12-31 19.32.48 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-17 22.19.51 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 03.07.25 (resized).jpg
    2023-11-11 01.58.53 (resized).jpg
    poster2 (resized).png
    411392839_735139934899280_8496203559983449797_n (resized).jpg

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 80.
    #451 8 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

head tracking if that's what you meant

Jup!....Also wondering..I noticed that while playing i don't move my head that much, so the tracking effects is also minimal.
    So i was thinking, why don't they track the ball instead of my head, thus adjust the perspective of the playfield depending on the location of the ball, is that a strange thought?

#452 8 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Jup!....Also wondering..I noticed that while playing i don't move my head that much, so the tracking effects is also minimal.
    So i was thinking, why don't they track the ball instead of my head, thus adjust the perspective of the playfield depending on the location of the ball, is that a strange thought?

I'm not sure if it would give you the same effect. The head tracking really is amazing when you see it in person, it looks like there is a real playfield under the glass with the glass being the plane of the screen(that's why I like my screen close to the real glass). Have you tried the head tracking on BAM?

#453 8 years ago

Selling my VPCabs LE. Asking 4k. Message me for pics and details.

#454 8 years ago

Do you think they will ever give Virtual Pinball it's own forum section, with Zen, TPA, VP, FP, UP etc? It seems, at least from talking to other players and listening to podcasts that many pinball players also enjoy Virtual Pinball (I prefer pinball simulator). I think (hope) we are past the whole 'it's not as good as the real thing' argument.

Maybe Someday..

#455 8 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Do you think they will ever give Virtual Pinball it's own forum section

Would be nice, did go to VPforums, but i can't even upload a picture in a smart way..

#456 8 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

I'm not sure if it would give you the same effect.

But what effect will it give you???

#457 8 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

But what effect will it give you???

I don't know. I think maybe FP or one of the other sims had ball following. seems like it would look weird.

2 weeks later
    #458 8 years ago

hey all. was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust ball setting in VP. seems like the ball looks big and theres shadowing around the ball as it moves around. and anyone know which Guns N Roses table is the best to download. my table looks flat. no depth any settings to change or is that how it looks. thanks

#459 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

hey all. was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust ball setting in VP. seems like the ball looks big and theres shadowing around the ball as it moves around. and anyone know which Guns n Roses table is the best to download. my table looks flat. no depth any settings to change or is that how it looks. thanks

Are you running desktop or full screen?
    I think the latest table from VPForums is this one from Dec 28, 2013.
    The sound on GNR is not the best and tends to have a bit of lag as well after a ball drain.
    I dont' know how to change the view or ball size.

GNR.pngGNR.png

#460 8 years ago

Thanks that table looks way better than mine. . iam running cabinet full screen. i think the table i have is 2011

#461 8 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

It played better for me in the alpha but I'm pretty sure it's a problem on my computer. I'm only getting about 20-40FPS where I was getting 50-90 in the alpha.
    To increase performance turn off Vsync and set the ball reflection to low. I don't use any anti-aliasing either.

The beta performs better than the alpha hands down. Pixel lighting is the killer. Slide that down to zero and you should have flat out 60fps.

#462 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

... Not only that, there is strict regulation of new games being released virtually. ... Here's looking to Metallica and Star Trek

"strict regulation" is arbitrary. I don't know how ALL the table authors but the only reason you don't see the newest tables is because there's nowhere to host them. If there was a website where I could post Star Trek and The Walking Dead I would.

That being said, you won't see WWE and KISS because they're not emulated in VPM.

Quoted from mwong168:

I just recently sold off my P2K Pinmame project from 2012 to a friend of mine. I was pretty much done and pre-wired my cab for RGB flashers, shaker and contactors but the new owner didn't care for it and basically wanted to buy my Pinmame cab for a cheap as possible. I have all of these extra "new" parts if anyone is planning to build a Pinmame cab build. There is a 24V power supply used by the Siemens contactors and 12V is for other things like shaker motor, lighting, etc. I have full wiring diagrams on how to make all this work too if you need.

Depending on your LEDWiz config file for each game these 8 Siemens contactors can be set to go off for flippers, slings, pop bumpers and knocker. There is also a brand new seals Microsoft Sidewinder joystick which I was planning to take apart and use for tilting since there is a gyro inside it.

PM me if you are interested in any of these parts or want to take the entire lot. Thanks.

Wish I had seen this before. I just picked up a bunch of contactors for my cab.

#463 8 years ago

Oh no, Fren has found his way to pinside.

Welcome to the forum

#464 8 years ago

Welcome Fren.
    I have been playing pretty much nothing but Physmod 5 tables until VP10 becomes the norm.
    Lots of progress being made on it every day.

#465 8 years ago

Hey Fren! Welcome to the nuthouse!

#466 8 years ago

I don't suppose anyone near Sioux Falls, SD has a virtual pin I could play?
    I have been thinking about getting one for a long time but would really like to play one first.

#467 8 years ago

anyone know if theres any settings in Visual pinball to tweak around with the ball. it seems to big. iam running a 46" LED tv. and for your color settings on your tv playfield what do you have your brightness and contrast set at?

#468 8 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I don't suppose anyone near Sioux Falls, SD has a virtual pin I could play?
    I have been thinking about getting one for a long time but would really like to play one first.

We're work on getting some dealers out your way. What are some of the close big cities to you?

#469 8 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

What are some of the close big cities to you?

Ummm... what is your definition of a big city? Sioux falls is around 250,000. Omaha is around 500,000+. And minneapolis/st paul is a few million.

#470 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

anyone know if theres any settings in Visual pinball to tweak around with the ball. it seems to big. iam running a 46" LED tv. and for your color settings on your tv playfield what do you have your brightness and contrast set at?

Yes, you can change the ball size but the problem with doing so is the table may not play right (balls getting stuck if you go larger or switches not getting hit if you go smaller). In other words, you don't want to do this for visual purposes.

Brightness and contrast will be TV specific as well as personal preference. I believe my brightness is at 50-55 and my contrast is at 90. The LED backlight is at 10-12. Can't recall the figures 100% but those should be close for my 46" samsung LED tv.

#471 8 years ago
    Quoted from bdaley6509:

Selling my VPCabs LE. Asking 4k. Message me for pics and details.

Sold.

#472 8 years ago

Thanks for the Info 85Vett .. Tried out
    your Tv settings.. alot better now

#473 8 years ago

I have not been a very active member of the club, since I am currently without a Hyperpin

Quoted from 85vett:

Brightness and contrast will be TV specific as well as personal preference. I believe my brightness is at 50-55 and my contrast is at 90. The LED backlight is at 10-12. Can't recall the figures 100% but those should be close for my 46" samsung LED tv.

I remember using setting similar to 85vette for the backlight in "ideal situations".
    I liked having my virtual pin in a darker location without much lighting. My overhead lights are not too bright, but sometimes the light comes through during the day and changes my needs. I would then increase the backlighting for the time being, then change back once the situation was back to "ideal".

I hate to compare a virtual pin to a phone, but the back light is a setting that is very similar to your phone. In the dark you need it low, and in the light you need it high. I believe that some TVs might have an auto-sensing feature, but I didn't use it on mine. I didn't wire the sensor to the glass (so it could tell how bright it was) so it was non-optional for me.

When I bring to shows, that was something that I had to adjust based on the placement of the machine and the lighting. Don't forget the backbox TV. It can be easily overlooked, and needs to be turned down to look it's best as well. IMO, the backbox tv didn't need to be changed (increased) after getting it in the ideal settings.

I know it sounds kinda crazy, but if you try to take a picture - you would be able to tell if your backlight is too high. It will cause an overexposure. Adjust down as needed. Afterwards you should be able to take nice pic, then you know that your setting is right. Also, it should look better too

#474 8 years ago

thanks for the info Boogies. so with the backglass
    tv. do you wanna keep the same settings as your playfield tv?

#475 8 years ago

I adjusted all 3 TV's to different settings.

PF - needed more contrast to keep the picture clear due to the angle
    BG - I used more color and a bit brighter to bring out the colors of the BG. It also helped with the rendered backlighting that is in the active backglasses.
    Scoreboard (DMD) - I use a TV for this. I made it pretty dark so that it looks more like a real DMD. Basically made it dark to the point that the black portion actually looked black and not grey.

I should call out that I'm using LED tvs for all of my monitors so that effects the settings a bit.

#476 8 years ago

thanks what is your color settings
    for the BackGlass Tv. mine
    doesnt look that good.. but my tv
    is LCD. so would your same settings work

#477 8 years ago

guess my 32" tv for backglass is LED. my bad

#478 8 years ago

was wondering if you have your backlight and contrast settings set higher on your tv for your backglasses? Thanks

#479 8 years ago

My color is 75-80. Don't recall the exact numbers but I generally keep it in this range as it seems like when I go past that the colors start to get to deep.

My backlight is higher on the BG than the PF. It's going to all be personal preference. I'd recommend that you play around with it and see what matches your eye the best.

#480 8 years ago

Made a post on this, but probably the perfect thread to put it. Check out the cool little feature tested.com did on our mini pins at California Extreme

www.tested.com/tech/535400-pinballbulbs-mini-virtual-pinball-cabinet

#481 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Made a post on this, but probably the perfect thread to put it. Check out the cool little feature tested.com did on our mini pins at California Extreme
    http://www.tested.com/tech/535400-pinballbulbs-mini-virtual-pinball-cabinet

Thanks for sharing.
    That will be a good way for people that do not want to take the time to build their own cabinets and still be able to jump in at a low price point.

#482 8 years ago

Thanks 85Vett. Appreciate your info

#483 8 years ago

I took some pics of my backglass. please give
    your input if these look about right. or need more
    tweeking.. in settingsIMG_20150804_014221631.jpgIMG_20150804_014221631.jpg thanksIMG_20150804_014221631.jpgIMG_20150804_014221631.jpgIMG_20150803_244722565.jpgIMG_20150803_244722565.jpg

IMG_20150804_013556426.jpgIMG_20150804_013556426.jpg

#484 8 years ago

I think you're getting meticulous with all of this brightness stuff. You have 100s of different games right?

Some may be UVP, some maybe directB2s, some have higher quality than others, some are darker than others, on & on & on.

Just try and find a decent balance for all.

#485 8 years ago

ha ha Yeah i guess Iam . i just started out with Virtual. i only have about 7 tables set up. iam using the DirectB2S. just looking for the petfect tv settings and be done with it. thanks

#486 8 years ago

Actually one thing, but I wouldn't expect you to be doing this (even though it's not difficult)

Let's say 6 of the 7 B2S are perfect for your screen and the rogue one got on your nerves. You could probably load this into the B2S Designer and tone it down with bulb intensity's inside there or replace the image.

#487 8 years ago
    Quoted from horseypin:

Actually one thing, but I wouldn't expect you to be doing this (even though it's not difficult)
    Let's say 6 of the 7 B2S are perfect for your screen and the rogue one got on your nerves. You could probably load this into the B2S Designer and tone it down with bulb intensity's inside there or replace the image.

Also, there are multiple B2S's for some titles. It can be good to try them both to see which one you like more.

Quoted from gregh43:

tweeking.. in settingsIMG_20150804_014221631.jpg thanksIMG_20150804_014221631.jpg IMG_20150803_244722565.jpg

IMG_20150804_013556426.jpg

It looks fine

#488 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

It looks fine and you don't play the backglass (unless you are playing JP's Banzai Run)

#489 8 years ago

Thanks all for your input

#490 8 years ago

Can anyone share the specs of the computer you are using to run these things? I am ready to start building one and don't know a whole lot about them.

#491 8 years ago

Check the details in the video as it has a list of everything in mine. Granted my PC was probably a bit overdone.

#492 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

» YouTube video
    Check the details in the video as it has a list of everything in mine. Granted my PC was probably a bit overdone.

That was a long time ago. Only two real pins in the collection back then.

#493 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

» YouTube video

thanks, vett. overdone is fine, I was worried about not doing enough. If you were building it today, would you change anything?

#494 8 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

That was a long time ago. Only two real pins in the collection back then.

Ain't that the truth!

Quoted from LukeInOklahoma:

thanks, vett. overdone is fine, I was worried about not doing enough. If you were building it today, would you change anything?

Yes. A couple of things mainly.

- I would have gone with 5 RGB's instead of just 3. All the DOF configs use 5 so you really have to customize them to make them work right with just 3.
    - I would have mounted the DMD tv in a fashion that would have allowed it to stay in place to put the head down. Now I have to remove it to do this.
    - As much as it pains me to say this I would have built it a bit smaller. I LOVE the 46" TV for the PF and the 32" for the BG but the problem is that the cab is to big to fit through a door. Now, if I need/want to move it to another room I have to take the head completely off in order for it to fit through the door. This is the main reason why I don't take it to shows as it is a major PITA to get out of my house.
    - Skip the gear motor. It's fairly cool but I find myself turning it off in nearly all instances outside of the MM castle gate.

#495 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Ain't that the truth!

Yes. A couple of things mainly.
    - I would have gone with 5 RGB's instead of just 3. All the DOF configs use 5 so you really have to customize them to make them work right with just 3.
    - I would have mounted the DMD tv in a fashion that would have allowed it to stay in place to put the head down. Now I have to remove it to do this.
    - As much as it pains me to say this I would have built it a bit smaller. I LOVE the 46" TV for the PF and the 32" for the BG but the problem is that the cab is to big to fit through a door. Now, if I need/want to move it to another room I have to take the head completely off in order for it to fit through the door. This is the main reason why I don't take it to shows as it is a major PITA to get out of my house.
    - Skip the gear motor. It's fairly cool but I find myself turning it off in nearly all instances outside of the MM castle gate.

thanks for the input vett

#496 8 years ago

Here's my build thread. I have my PC specs in there. I've no complaints

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/2340-mortal-pinball-kombat-a-build-thread/

#497 8 years ago

Appreciate any help. is there any settings
    in VP to adjust flippers? they seem kinda slow and delayed. and have 2 Dmds running one on
    on BG and 2nd on real Dmd. like to take off the one on backglass tv.. thanks

#498 8 years ago

If you have leaf switches for the buttons, just adjust them so the contact quicker. I had to do that on mine.

#499 8 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Appreciate any help. is there any settings
    in VP to adjust flippers? they seem kinda slow and delayed. and have 2 Dmds running one on
    on BG and 2nd on real Dmd. like to take off the one on backglass tv.. thanks

right click on the back glass during a game, and there will be settings to change for the dmd and speaker panel and such, for visual pinball anyway

#500 8 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

If you have leaf switches for the buttons, just adjust them so the contact quicker. I had to do that on mine.

I second that

There are 3,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.