Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

557174456523bcdd1403c9b0b7659b7e521e40ab (resized).jpg
    IMG_20201211_071831 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago

I recommend keeping an open mind to the whole virtual scene. I have been playing for 30 years, collecting for 13 now and wish I would have looked at virtual sooner. Is it the same thing? no-nobody said it was. Is it different-yes. Is it getting better and better-yes. Will it ever replace real pinball entirely-no

Here is my story: I had a friend challenge me to help him find a worthy virtual with all the bells and whistles. He had a custom one built but had nothing but troubles and constant crashing in the software. Making the platform synch with all new force feedback, etc. takes a platform that is highly polished and perfected. Searching various vendors I found a nice basic virtual pinball in real cabinet but no feedback, etc. Cost was around $6000-$7000 I believe. I had a bit of sticker shock and was on the fence if I wanted to invest that much into a virtual machine, and if I did I wanted it to feel real with all the bells and whistles(feedback,etc). After looking at more vendors I found one with all the bells and whistles but better yet a software platform that runs everything smoothly(thanks to Panzer). I ended up finding a deal on the Ultra version 5.0 for just over what the basic ones were selling for. Now the new version 120hz 6.0 is $9000+. Is it worth it? Depends on where you are in your current hobby. I have collected tons of games-own tons of games so for me it allowed me to expand my horizons tremendously without taking up any more space. I can now explore 1500 tables in one machine and with the advancements in technology they are getting better and better with emulating the real thing. The new feedback with solenoids is what sold me after playing one in person-virtual machines without feedback did very little for me before(find one and play one-trust me). I have been playing mine everyday for months now and honestly it would be one of the last machines I would sell out of my current collection.

Open your mind to virtual pinball-wish I would have checked it out sooner and not have been so stubborn when it came to giving it a chance.

One of my favorite virtual tables is Attack From Mars-really does a great job emulating the real thing(plus it saves me space not having to buy actual machine)...

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So I went budget and did one that's decent enough for less than 1k

If you want to go budget people have been modding The Legends ones you can buy for around $400

You can also go out and buy a 1up Centipede arcade but it does not hold a candle to the real dedicated machine imo

Most of the Ultra and Xtreme owners seem really happy-it is a tough pill to swallow but once it gets down your throat there is no regret. Very happy I took the plunge into the virtual world and bought an Ultra.

https://www.recroomworld.com/UltraVP_Info.html

https://xtremegamingcabinets.com.au/presta17/14-premium

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-pinball-buying-advice?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.