3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by craigpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are these worth it?”

• Yes 6 votes
      55%
    • No 0 votes
    • Stick to the real thing 5 votes
      45%

(11 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

machine1_(resized).jpg
    machine2_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I was thinking of buying one, what's everyone's thoughts? Are they worth it or are they any good?

I can get one pretty cheap locally.

#2 3 years ago

If you are ok with the fact that it's a simulator and a computer game and it will never equal the real experience, then I think that they are worth it in a small collection.

I built mine from scratch and kept it for a couple years. The only reason I sold it was to help fund game of thrones.

They're great for playing tables that you'll never see in real life, and for learning rules of different games. The physics are not 100% perfect, but a computer will always get faster and better with time.

#3 3 years ago

I have the real ones as well but as you said I can play machines I've never seen before, just not sure at the moment and undecided

#4 3 years ago
    #5 3 years ago

I built one this year, thanks to a friend of mine and love it, will never sell, just keep adding games to it. Been at the real pinball hobby for 20 + years and have restored about 70 real pins and it's nice to go back to ones I have sold and play a game or two. The new system 10 plays very much like real, ball spin, etc., the physics are getting better and better, really enjoying mine. They also help in buying new pins that come up for sale, play it first on virtual, to see if it's your cup of tea or not. You'll be able to play many games that will never come up for sale or can afford. It's a keeper in my gameroom. There are virtual pinball sites and there is a virtual pinball post on Pinside, read up on what everyone is posting.
    Bob

#6 3 years ago

As said in a million threads before you can search for, they're good for tables you'll never get to see in real life; It's obviously not pinball.

1 week later
    #7 3 years ago

Having a custom Virtual Pinball cab custom made at the mo on my old favourite 'Funhouse'. Have give the decals a redesign with a bit of a twist. Besides Funhouse it will play another 200 or so games, but nice to have the finish of the cab as a tribute to my childhood game as the original for now, is unobtainable. Should be completed this weekend, can't wait.

machine2_(resized).jpg

machine1_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 4.95
    $ 5.00
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside