• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hello,

I got a option on a viper night drivin' from Sega. It is very dirty but a nice project and I really like these SEGA machines.

However somebody removed the blacklights completly!! Crazy

Is here anybody who can help me restore this machine? I hate to see this trashed.

I need everthing to out the black lights back in. Brackets, wire harnas, ect.

Please if you can help me contact me asap at [email protected]

Greetings,

Bas

#2 9 years ago

Marco sells the control board for your black lights if you also need it. New board comes with relay, starters, ballasts. I have not seen anyone selling the complete light fixtures that you need. Good luck.

#3 9 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6301-00-35

Interesting. The 520-5010-00 relay board shown in that photo is unobtanium. Makes me wonder if you will actually get that relay board or this instead: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6700-00

And don't know if those ballasts would work in Europe - guessing those are the domestic version.

viperrwk

#4 9 years ago

I ordered the entire board assembly for spare parts and it comes with all.

#5 9 years ago

I tried switching relay boards and the new one blew F 7 for some reason. I put original one back in.

#6 9 years ago

new glo balls are at modmypin.com

#7 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I tried switching relay boards and the new one blew F 7 for some reason. I put original one back in.

If your new relay is blowing the fuse it could be a bad diode on the board.

But other than the harness and PCB itself, the ballasts, starters and relay can be had for $39 + shipping in the US.

viperrwk

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

If your new relay is blowing the fuse it could be a bad diode on the board.
But other than the harness and PCB itself, the ballasts, starters and relay can be had for $39 + shipping in the US.
viperrwk

Thanks viper. I didn't think the relay board was avail separate so I bought and overpaid for the whole deal. Wouldn't have minded if it would have fixed my original problem. Black lights work when they want to. Rear light did need a new starter though.

#10 9 years ago

Hello,

Been working for a few days on the viper now today I recieved most of the part to make it function again. Also gotten new eproms and the sounds now work great. The glowing ball are in order. Hopefully I get it all running minus the blacklight before the weekend! After this I will decide how to handle the blacklights!

My hands are still black from three days of cleaning.

Greetings,
bas

2 months later
#11 9 years ago

Hi just wanted to show the led mod I made. It works perfectly.
I just plugged them in the 12v in the cabinet.

Heres a clip.

Greetings,

Bas

#12 9 years ago

Looks like the led lights light up the glow balls. Nice solution for not having black lights.i know you tapped into 12 volt for power but how did you tie the led lights into gameplay? The LEDs come on and off instead of on at all times.

#13 8 years ago

Hi, I did put in a lightsensitive switch connected to the g.i. Lights.
The blacklight respond right away. The ball reflect only the blacklights.
Looks great in person. Hard the film or make photos off.

This set up can be used in other machines as well. Looked great on x files and starship troopers!

Greetings,

Bas

1 month later
#14 8 years ago

Looks great BasD!! I played this game allot in my hometown Sneek. Loved it! Unfortunately it's gone from the location. That one also didn't have the black lights, so to see this fix, it looks awesome!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/viper-night-drivin-vnd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.