Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 5 years ago

Not many of us left,that still use a PS3,but I really enjoyed Bioshock. I played it last Winter,and it was one of the best video games I've ever played. I'm a casual gamer,and I only play in the Winter months. I like the fact,that I can get a great game like this,for only ten dollars,new! I plan on starting Bioshock 2 in a couple of weeks.
Just thought I'd bring this up,to see if anyone else liked the Bioshock series.

#2 5 years ago

Personally, I found Bioshock confusing (or buggy) as hell. Tried to play it on my PC a short while after it came out and got utterly stuck and couldn't advance. I'm still convinced I found a bug, because I spent 10+ hours trying to figure out what the hell to DO to move on, and it just wouldn't let me. Never played 2 or Infinite as a result. I tore Myst a new one as a 13 year old, but Bioschtick lost me? Yeah.

#3 5 years ago

I didn't like Bioshock, but Bioshock Infinite is amazing (played that one first and was disappointed when trying the original).

#4 5 years ago

Have looked at it several times, never purchased. I get dizzy very quickly so I have to trial it first.

I know it was game of the year or something when it came out.

One of my favorites is Portal, but again, I tradequate 30 minutes of fun for 30 minutes of nasaua.

#5 5 years ago

Bioshock, vintage?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Bioshock, vintage?

I figured I get more replies that way.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I didn't like Bioshock, but Bioshock Infinite is amazing (played that one first and was disappointed when trying the original).

Good to know,because I bought that last year too. I'll play it right after I play Bioshock 2.

#8 5 years ago

The first Bioshock on PC is one of the greatest games ever made, Bioshock 2 is very good too.

#9 5 years ago

Bioshock was fantastic. I played it on the PC. The game mechanics were great, good story, very imaginative, excellent setting, and at the time, the graphics were second to none.

Bioshock 2 and Infinite were good too.

Did you google the issue were having?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Tried to play it on my PC a short while after it came out

I usually wait a few months and let other people do the beta testing, and then get it after a few updates have been released.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

The first Bioshock on PC is one of the greatest games ever made, Bioshock 2 is very good too.

I agree,it was one the best video games I've ever played.I'll probably get a PS4, when they come out with a PS5. Like I said,I'm a casual player,so all of these old games,are new to me. It's amazing the journey these games can take you on,and for ten dollars,what a value. Plus,nothing ever brakes,unless you throw your controllers.
I tried some Horror games,but they caused me to have nightmares. I actually dreaded playing them. I remember playing "Silent Hill",and my wife knocked on the bedroom door,I almost jump out of my skin! I can take any scary movie ever made,but when you play a scary game,it's like you're actually in the game,and that's too much for me.
I'm glad Bioshock wasn't scary,but it sure was creepy!

#12 5 years ago

The Bioshock series is up there with the all time great gaming experiences for me. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you go out and get The Orange Box. It has Half Life 2 and it's two expansion games included, and one of the greatest physics/puzzle games of all times "Portal" is included as well.

#13 5 years ago

Bioshock was one of absolute favorites on the 360.

Never got a chance to play either of the sequels.

Another game to check out. Chronicles of Riddick. And it’s Halloween so why not some left 4 dead....more valve classics.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Not many of us left,that still use a PS3,but I really enjoyed Bioshock. I played it last Winter,and it was one of the best video games I've ever played. I'm a casual gamer,and I only play in the Winter months. I like the fact,that I can get a great game like this,for only ten dollars,new! I plan on starting Bioshock 2 in a couple of weeks.
Just thought I'd bring this up,to see if anyone else liked the Bioshock series.

The real question is did you save or harvest the little sisters. Interesting to play through both ways. The Bioshock series is top notch.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

The real question is did you save or harvest the little sisters. Interesting to play through both ways. The Bioshock series is top notch.

I saved them,I didn't have the heart to murder them. Once I get back from my golf trip to Myrtle Beach,this coming Nov. it'll pretty much be the end of my golf season,but the beginning of my video game season. Now I'm getting psyched,to play Bioshock 2 followed by Infinity.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Bioshock was one of absolute favorites on the 360.
Never got a chance to play either of the sequels.
Another game to check out. Chronicles of Riddick. And it’s Halloween so why not some left 4 dead....more valve classics.

Thanks,I'll have to add this to my list.Another favorite series of mine was the Resistance series ,

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

The Bioshock series is up there with the all time great gaming experiences for me. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you go out and get The Orange Box. It has Half Life 2 and it's two expansion games included, and one of the greatest physics/puzzle games of all times "Portal" is included as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.

#18 5 years ago

I now realize the title of my thread was a poor attempt at humor.My nephew kids me about my old console,and he asked me if I rode a dinasor to the store when I bought it.

#19 5 years ago

Bioshock was my favorite game of the PS3/360 era for sure! BS2 was good but not great I felt like, but Infinite was killer!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I usually wait a few months and let other people do the beta testing, and then get it after a few updates have been released.

I'm not beyond assuming I'm an idiot, either. I just don't have time to go back and find out.

#21 5 years ago

Lol vintage

Bioshock 2 was just “ok” but the 1st and 3rd are masterpieces..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vintage-video-gameps-3-bioshock?hl=luzur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.