(Topic ID: 183364)

Vintage STEREO Club (Monster Receivers, Cassette, CD Players, Turntables, R2R)

By ZNET

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 832 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by ZNET
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240418_193425_Facebook (resized).jpg
    20240416_215458 (resized).jpg
    20240416_215444 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240404_211828_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240325_173231825 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240325_173030669 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3830 (resized).jpg
    PRODPIC-3119 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_211816_Facebook (resized).jpg
    drapes match pillows (resized).jpg
    bookcase (resized).jpg
    IMG_6181 (resized).jpeg
    speaker with stand (resized).jpg
    right front L100 (resized).jpg
    left front L100 grille off (resized).jpg
    towers 2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#230 3 years ago

I just stumbled upon this thread, man some of you guys have some high end equipment. Makes me jelly. Before pinball I was dabbling in HIFI a little. I currently have a Pioneer SX-1010 paired with a set of CS-99A. Also a Kyocera DA-610 with remote and manual. All in great shape. I have a Realistic STA-2000D in the workshop paired with the Realistic Nova-10's. I also have 2 pairs of Mach Ones. One pair very nice and the other I plan to restore.

In the past had:

Pioneer SX-980
    Pioneer SX-1050
    Realistic STA-2100
    Kenwood KA-750?
    Hitachi, don't remember model

BTW, does anybody do tuner alignments anymore? Metro Phila area to be specific.

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Love my Realistic Sta-2080, 80 Watt. One of the last great analog receiver's.
    Realistc was the House brand for Radio Shack. So, often overlooked by vintage collectors.
    Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Agreed! I forgot I had this one as well. The STA-2000 has an awesome tuner and great stereo separation compared to todays crap.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Here's my first vintage reciever.
    SANSUI QRX- 5500. Quad, of course.
    I bought it in 2013 as I cleared the deck's of my garage for the delivery of my first 3 Pin's.
    Space Invaders, Zenon, and Vector.
    I picked up 2 sets of mid 70's Sansui speakers, not very good individually, but the four together sound great.
    I believe the 5500 is only rated at 15 or 20 Watts in 4ch. But it must be WAY underrated, because it fucking Roars!
    Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Had a Marantz 4230 quad that was broken. I sold it to someone that could fix it.

#235 3 years ago

This thread is making me realize how bad my memory is lol.
    I also had technics su 7100 amp and a st 7300 tuner. A Pioneer 9100 amp. Kyocera receiver with the remote control unit that was separate.

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

I recommend Audio-Tronics on Cooper Landing Road in Cherry Hill, NJ. I have used them several times over the years.

Sweet! And that's not too far from my place of employment.

#243 3 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

It is very true. When you see a modern receiver rated at 100 watts per channel it is likely capable of doing that for a fraction of a second with awful distortion and noise before blowing. The only wattage number that is relevant is the continuous number.

Is continuous power the same as rms? Root mean square

3 weeks later
    #250 3 years ago

You don't see those Monte Carlos on the east anymore. But man those things had a nice ride and were ballsy lol. But those government mandated bumpers were ugly as hell.

2 months later
    #287 2 years ago

If anyone is interested, I'm selling a very nice pair of Realistic Mach One speakers in south Jersey. I don't want to ship these nor list on epay due to their ridiculous fees. This is a unmolested pair that I have had for about 12 years now. These are the early version RS cat number 40-4024A with the thick heavy woofer surrounds that didn't rot. One speaker has water stains on top that disappear when applying oil to the veneer but they eventually come back. They aren't all that bad. The veneer is in great shape otherwise and all corners are sharp, no chips. Grills are nice as well. They have screw down binding posts, not spring clips.

I can't play these loud anymore since the volume scares my dog, plus I'm getting older lol. Also the acoustics in my game room not so great.

Pm if interested and I can post pics upon request.

2 weeks later
    #307 2 years ago

Listened to my Pioneer SX-1010 today. I added a bluetooth receiver to the aux input and was playing Apple Play from my phone. It was cool mixing newer technology to the old.

#318 2 years ago

I noticed that all but one dial lamp were out. I figured bad bulbs, turns out the twist wedge sockets are very loose. Seem almost broken at the tabs. I'm guessing caused by heat stress. Does anyone know the size needed and/or where to get? I'm looking on Mouser right now but they don't tell the hole size which looks like 5/8 to 3/4 in?

#319 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It's a beast..wish I had it in my 20's. I have a few other receivers and I don't listen to music like I used to, so time to let it go.

I had it's little brother, SX-1050 years back. But I still love the SX-1010

#320 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

I noticed that all but one dial lamp were out. I figured bad bulbs, turns out the twist wedge sockets are very loose. Seem almost broken at the tabs. I'm guessing caused by heat stress. Does anyone know the size needed and/or where to get? I'm looking on Mouser right now but they don't tell the hole size which looks like 5/8 to 3/4 in?

For a Realistic STA-2000D

#327 2 years ago

I'm giving away a pair of cross-overs pulled from a pair of Fisher XP-7S speakers that are from the early 70's. Just asking for postage. These speakers were my friend's dad when I was a kid. I acquired the speakers after he upgraded and played them for years. The cabs were banged up the woofer surrounds had rotted. I put some Radio Shack woofers in them and still sounded great. When I decided they had to go, I pulled the cross-overs out and kept them for a while.

These, as far as I know are the ones made in NY. PM if interested. I will never use these and would rather give away then throw away.

P5300082 (resized).JPGP5300082 (resized).JPGP5300089 (resized).JPGP5300089 (resized).JPG
    #329 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

For a Realistic STA-2000D

Just thought I would post this for Realistic owners. I found a twist socket that works in the STA-2000D and possible others. From NAPA, part# LS6501.

I had to tweak the tabs where the bulb sits and they were not tight enough and also bend the tabs up that make the connection to the PCB. After that they fit nice and tight.

4 months later
    #346 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

I am very impressed with this Auris bluMe Pro Bluetooth device, which allows you to play any streamed music (e.g. YouTube, Spotify) from your cellphone or computer through your old-school monster stereo system.
    This is the Pro model, which was just released ($169 retail). There's a predecessor model which lacks the information screen ($119) but is nearly identical in specs.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have a cheapy BT device similar to this. I bought it like 6 or more years ago and I love being able to play Itunes through it. Mixing the old with the new!

#348 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

I made a sacrilege and installed a BT-receiver inside my jukebox, Ami Continental 2.

Sweet!

1 month later
    #354 2 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Brought my setup into the 21st Century! Amazon Music HD through this. Sounds so good.
    [quoted image]

Great, now I want one!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vintage-stereo-club-monster-receivers-cassette-cd-players?tu=Lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.