(Topic ID: 183364)

Vintage STEREO Club (Monster Receivers, Cassette, CD Players, Turntables, R2R)

By ZNET

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 833 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240418_193425_Facebook (resized).jpg
    20240416_215458 (resized).jpg
    20240416_215444 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240404_211828_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240325_173231825 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240325_173030669 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3830 (resized).jpg
    PRODPIC-3119 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_211816_Facebook (resized).jpg
    drapes match pillows (resized).jpg
    bookcase (resized).jpg
    IMG_6181 (resized).jpeg
    speaker with stand (resized).jpg
    right front L100 (resized).jpg
    left front L100 grille off (resized).jpg
    towers 2 (resized).jpg
    There are 833 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
    #101 6 years ago

I have have all my components (McIntosh and Marantz) running into the HTS 3500 and have for years. Can't comment on whether it cleans up dirty power or not but I know it's tripped in the past and cut off all signal to my amp and pre-amp whenever there's a brown out or power outage.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I have have all my components (McIntosh and Marantz) running into the HTS 3500 and have for years. Can't comment on whether it cleans up dirty power or not but I know it's tripped in the past and cut off all signal to my amp and pre-amp whenever there's a brown out or power outage.

Good to know. I wish that the units had a simple on-off switch, though. There seem to be a large variety of models.

1 week later
    #103 6 years ago

Slowly getting my vintage equipment back in working order.

Technics SL-1300 Turntable
    SAE P102 Preamp
    Yamaha M40 Amp - currently apart recapping
    Mission 737 Speakers

IMG_1671 (resized).JPGIMG_1671 (resized).JPG

#104 6 years ago

I have the 1650 which is in the same family as your 1300.

#105 6 years ago

Picked this up on Letgo yesterday for $10. Cleaned it up, plugged it in. Sounds surprising warm and pleasent. I think I'll keep it setup for awhile.

Fisher RS-2003

IMG_1672 (resized).JPGIMG_1672 (resized).JPG

#106 6 years ago

I have two sets of the legendary Polk Audio SRT (Signature Reference Theater) speakers set-up as a 10.2 home theater system. I recently had all the sub drivers rebuilt by Polk. There were only 500 sets of these bad boys made in 1996. 250 sets were sold in the United States and 250 were exported. They were Matthew Polk's ultimate flagship speaker and let me tell you, they are everything you may have heard about them. Totally awesome. Polk doesn't make anything like them anymore.

They each have 300 watt dual powered subwoofers and the satellites and center speakers are rated at 1,000 watts each. They are the last of the patented SDA (Stereo Dimensional Array) speakers built by Polk and the last that were made in the USA. Each set includes a control center with remote control that enables you to adjust the cross-over freqs, polarity, gain, and SDA soundstage. They are massive and weigh around 200 lbs. each. The build quality is superb.

Each tower has eleven drivers. They come with a sound pressure meter to help determine safe listening levels because they are capable of causing permanent hearing loss.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I have two sets of the legendary Polk Audio SRT (Signature Reference Theater) speakers set-up as a 10.2 home theater system. I recently had all the sub drivers rebuilt by Polk. There were only 500 sets of these bad boys made in 1996. 250 sets were sold in the United States and 250 were exported. They were Matthew Polk's ultimate flagship speaker and let me tell you, they are everything you may have heard about them. Totally awesome. Polk doesn't make anything like them anymore.
    They each have 300 watt dual powered subwoofers and the satellites and center speakers are rated at 1,000 watts each. They are the last of the patented SDA (Stereo Dimensional Array) speakers built by Polk and the last that were made in the USA. Each set includes a control center with remote control that enables you to adjust the cross-over freqs, polarity, gain, and SDA soundstage. They are massive and weigh around 200 lbs. each. The build quality is superb.
    Each tower has eleven drivers. They come with a sound pressure meter to help determine safe listening levels because they are capable of causing permanent hearing loss.

Should be able to hear them from my house!

#109 6 years ago

They are definitely not the kind of speakers you would ever want a kid to have.

I know if I would have had these when I was a teenager, I would be deaf right now.

I was watching Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains The Same" Blu-Ray last weekend and cranked them up. It was "snowing" in my man cave as the drop ceiling tiles began to disintegrate from the sound waves. I'm not kidding. I had to vacuum off all the white debris from the top of everything in the room.

#110 6 years ago

Not sure if my brother in law still has it but he recently showed me a Sony 6 cassette player with a single on it as well maybe for recording.

I never saw more than a double it was neat.

If anyone is interested in it I can see if it's still for sale.

2 weeks later
    #111 6 years ago

I also like the vintage electronics test gear, so I have been building up some stuff to work on the stereos, pinballs, and other assorted projects. It didn't take long really to get hold of the basics, including some power supplies, a Fluke 8050A Multimeter, and a nice working Tektronic 465B scope. All bought local to avoid shipping the heavy stuff. Besides being retro-cool looking, its a lot cheaper than buying all new stuff which is all made in China nowadays.
    workbench electronics 1 (resized).jpgworkbench electronics 1 (resized).jpg

#112 6 years ago

I have a Pioneer SX-780 and the tuner is off by a few mhz. How to fix?

#113 6 years ago

I read some stuff about adjusting an oscillator slug. But I'm just getting into this so I don't know much. I found this post and I am working my way through it. I've got a long way to go. So far it looks good. It's like reading one of Vid's threads on fixing pinballs.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/so-you-want-to-repair-audio-gear-eh-heres-the-tools-you-need.333423/

#114 6 years ago

I was able to leverage my pinball repair skills to get a nice Bang and Olufsen 4500 setup going. Lots of fun, and really cool looking!

#115 6 years ago

Ok, little newer. Anyone interested in a pioneer laser disc player and several movie discs? Guy at work has one and is cleaning out his old stuff. Fully working. If any interest I'll get pics, model and list of discs. If not may grab it myself to save it from the Eco station.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Ok, little newer. Anyone interested in a pioneer laser disc player and several movie discs? Guy at work has one and is cleaning out his old stuff. Fully working. If any interest I'll get pics, model and list of discs. If not may grab it myself to save it from the Eco station.

I have one too along with some discs that I can't give away.

#117 6 years ago

My vintage quadraphonic gear is in the living room with 4 JBL L100 studio monitors in the corners.
    Right walnut tower for stereo: Technics turntable + Sony CD changer + Marantz cassette deck + Marantz 3800 preamp + Marantz 510M power amp + Marantz 150 tuner + Teac 860 esoteric series cassette deck.
    Left tower for quadraphonic: Dual 701 turntable with Audio Technica CD-4 cartridge + JVC disc demodulator + Marantz 4000 preamp with SQ module + Marantz 250 power amp + Teac 3340 4-channel reel-to-reel deck.
    twin towers (resized).jpgtwin towers (resized).jpg

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

My vintage quadraphonic gear is in the living room with 4 JBL L100 studio monitors in the corners.
    Right walnut tower for stereo: Technics turntable + Sony CD changer + Marantz cassette deck + Marantz 3800 preamp + Marantz 510M power amp + Marantz 150 tuner + Teac 860 esoteric series cassette deck.
    Left tower for quadraphonic: Dual 701 turntable with Audio Technica CD-4 cartridge + JVC disc demodulator + Marantz 4000 preamp with SQ module + Marantz 250 power amp + Teac 3340 4-channel reel-to-reel deck.

Terrific solid wood racks. . .on casters!

#119 6 years ago

I would like to share my setup, even though it is not as "vintage" as some of the other equipment already seen on this thread...

Onkyo C-7030 CD Player (2011)
    Onkyo TX-38 Stereo Receiver (1985)
    JBL G300 Stereo Speakers (1997)

I collect all of my music on CDs and rip them into mp3 files so that I can play them on my smartphone while on the go. I don't want to start an argument over this; but in my opinion, CDs are the best format for music. I also have a RCA Composite audio to 3.5mm cable which allows me to connect my monitor to the stereo system. The monitor's only audio output is Aux. In this way, I can play the audio from my Playstation 4 system which I use for streaming content through the speakers. The built in speakers on the monitor on horrendous themselves!

20170703_155804[1] (resized).jpg20170703_155804[1] (resized).jpg

20170703_155827[1] (resized).jpg20170703_155827[1] (resized).jpg

20170703_155840[1] (resized).jpg20170703_155840[1] (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #120 6 years ago

Hi I am new here. I have been an audio junkie my whole life. After spending a small fortune on digital equipment these past 30 years, I have returned to all analog and the audio gear I loved as a teen but could never afford. As you can see I am a Pioneer fan and have managed to get my hands on some of the nicest gear they made (IMO). Just last week I picked up a SX-1980 receiver after looking for one for a long time. I just love this old stuff. The build and finish quality of this 30 year old gear is stunning. I have restored all of it so it looks like new... with a few exceptions... All the woodwork have been redone in Hawaiian Koa and the lamps replaced with blue LEDs. A lot of these pieces are now very collectable and you have to pay a premium to get your hands on them.

SX-1980 Receiver
    PL-570 Turntable
    Sure V15 IV Cartridge
    CTF-1250 Cassette Deck
    CTF-950 Cassette Deck
    RS-909 Reel To Reel
    RG-1 Dynamic Processor
    SQ-9 Equalizer
    VAA-100ES Stereo Tube Amp
    PSB Stratus Speakers

IMG_2050 (resized).JPGIMG_2050 (resized).JPG

IMG_1558 (resized).JPGIMG_1558 (resized).JPG

IMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPG

IMG_1810 (resized).JPGIMG_1810 (resized).JPG

IMG_1804 (resized).JPGIMG_1804 (resized).JPG

IMG_2008 (resized).JPGIMG_2008 (resized).JPG

IMG_2010 (resized).JPGIMG_2010 (resized).JPG

IMG_2013 (resized).JPGIMG_2013 (resized).JPG

IMG_2019 (resized).JPGIMG_2019 (resized).JPG

IMG_2017 (resized).JPGIMG_2017 (resized).JPG

IMG_2021 (resized).JPGIMG_2021 (resized).JPG

IMG_2036 (resized).JPGIMG_2036 (resized).JPG

P6280017 (resized).JPGP6280017 (resized).JPG

IMG_2057 (resized).JPGIMG_2057 (resized).JPG

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cap6000:

Hi I am new here. I have been an audio junkie my whole life. After spending a small fortune on digital equipment these past 30 years, I have returned to all analog and the audio gear I loved as a teen but could never afford. As you can see I am a Pioneer fan and have managed to get my hands on some of the nicest gear they made (IMO). Just last week I picked up a SX-1980 receiver after looking for one for a long time. I just love this old stuff. The build and finish quality of this 30 year old gear is stunning. I have restored all of it so it looks like new... with a few exceptions... All the woodwork have been redone in Hawaiian Koa and the lamps replaced with blue LEDs. A lot of these pieces are now very collectable and you have to pay a premium to get your hands on them.
    SX-1980 Receiver
    PL-570 Turntable
    Sure V15 IV Cartridge
    CTF-1250 Cassette Deck
    CTF-950 Cassette Deck
    RS-909 Reel To Reel
    RG-1 Dynamic Processor
    SQ-9 Equalizer
    PSB Stratus Speakers

Beautiful gear. I used to own and love those speakers.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cap6000:

SX-1980 Receiver
    PL-570 Turntable
    Sure V15 IV Cartridge
    CTF-1250 Cassette Deck
    CTF-950 Cassette Deck
    RS-909 Reel To Reel
    RG-1 Dynamic Processor
    SQ-9 Equalizer
    PSB Stratus Speakers

WOW!!! Love it.

#123 6 years ago

Just found this awesome thread, I have posted some of my vintage audio on other pinside topics, but here they are again, sorry if they are dups for anyone.

The pioneer fluroscan set-up has been updated since the photo, marantz tuner has been replaced with the matching TX-9800 (took me forever to find a good one )

The Marantz receivers: 2330b, 2285b, 2238b & 2218 are output to a Niles speaker selector switch (wired in reverse) so I can select which receiver to play through the HD880's.

IMG_0807 (resized).JPGIMG_0807 (resized).JPG

IMG_0805 (resized).JPGIMG_0805 (resized).JPG

#124 6 years ago

I love matching sets. So those Pioneers look awesome.

I've been trying to complete my RCA Dimensia set. I'm not sure if they made a labeled cabinet for everything. I picked up a Pioneer curved front with double glass doors and am thinking of rebadging it for my RCA set.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cap6000:

As you can see I am a Pioneer fan.....

Very nice setup! Gotta love the look of the older equipment.

1 month later
    #126 6 years ago

Today's pickup. This is addictive as pinball collecting. Everything works great, just needs some balancing as the left channel meter is pegging while the right channel meter seems accurate. Service manual in hand.

IMG_1809 (resized).JPGIMG_1809 (resized).JPG

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cap6000:

Hi I am new here. I have been an audio junkie my whole life. After spending a small fortune on digital equipment these past 30 years, I have returned to all analog and the audio gear I loved as a teen but could never afford.

Beautiful gear. I have a 1250, amazing what they still go for nowadays.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jtm3:

Just found this awesome thread, I have posted some of my vintage audio on other pinside topics, but here they are again, sorry if they are dups for anyone.
    The pioneer fluroscan set-up has been updated since the photo, marantz tuner has been replaced with the matching TX-9800 (took me forever to find a good one )
    The Marantz receivers: 2330b, 2285b, 2238b & 2218 are output to a Niles speaker selector switch (wired in reverse) so I can select which receiver to play through the HD880's.

Gotta ask...what exactly do you guys do with those reel to reels nowadays?

2 months later
    #129 6 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Gotta ask...what exactly do you guys do with those reel to reels nowadays?

PaperWeight
    My Pioneer RT-707 is about 45 pounds

I have some tapes a friend & I made for parties and my backyard wedding
    I got 3 hours of non stop music, on one reel, no DJ required.
    Made many tapes from borrowed records too.

#130 6 years ago

Soon to be added to my game room is most of my Sansui Rack Mount Stereo I bought new back in 1978 ish

AU-717 Intergrated Amp 85 watts @.025% THD and 113 watts RMS @ 1% THD
    TU-717 Tuner (original tuner was a TU-217)
    Pioneer RT-707 7" reel tape deck
    SE-7 10 band equalizer
    Carver C-9 sonic hologram
    Pioneer PL-530 turntable
    SC-3110 Cassette deck purchased a few years ago for the rack

Several Item died and were not repaired:
    Yamaha CD-2 compact disc player
    Teac A360-S cassette deck
    JVC QLA-5 turntable

Not the 70's was a time when the Audio Wars were on, POWER and lots of it.
    Pioneer Marantz Sansui Yamaha Carver to name a few were making some high powered quality equipment.

#131 6 years ago

My bedroom Has a some serious power too:
    Pioneer SX-950 Receiver, 85 watts RMS
    Lafayette Criterion 2002 speakers.
    Carver C-9 sonic hologram,
    DBX 3BX series II
    modern Sony 5 disc changer.

950 001 (resized).JPG950 001 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #132 6 years ago

Call out to the vintage stereo folks here. My stereo has been in an oak armoire for a long time. I want to spice things up and put my flat panel TV on the wall and get my stereo visible. And I want my turntable easy to get to. It's almost too hard to get to currently. So, what kind of furniture do you folks recommend? Quad 405-2 amp. Sony px-X555es turntable. NAD 4155 tuner. Panasonic DFVD-CV51. Magnepan MGIIC speakers.
    Would really like to show it off and hang a bigger tv on the wall.
    I'm allergic to glit (glue and shit) furniture. Would really like some nice looking stuff. Any recommendations?
    Thanks, Enaud.

IMG_8449 (resized).JPGIMG_8449 (resized).JPG

#133 6 years ago

http://www.standsandmounts.com/walkeredisoneverestglassmultileveltvcomponentstandwithsilverpolesv35cmp.aspx

Glass and steel. Not what my friend bought for his McIntosh equipment, but the idea is there.

To spend silly money try audiogon.com

sttand (resized).jpgsttand (resized).jpg

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

Any recommendations?

Quoted from bob_e:

Glass and steel.

I like the look, but that photo is deceiving because there are no cords showing and all the wires and cords would be exposed.
    And stacking too high would force you to mount a new flatscreen higher up.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I like the look, but that photo is deceiving because there are no cords showing and all the wires and cords would be exposed.
    And stacking too high would force you to mount a new flatscreen higher up.

they never show wires... in the catalogs Wires can be hidden with tubes

this one is 34" tall add 8" for a tall unit on the 42" max

So at my house the 65" Flat screen is 44" off the floor I have a 31" tall oak cabinet with doors hiding my audio equipment.

11111 (resized).jpg11111 (resized).jpg

#136 6 years ago

Does anyone else utilize Monster Power units with their components? I use the pictured one for my upstairs system and I have a lower end one for my gameroom system. I confess that I do not appreciate whether they have any meaningful value.

20171206_205324 (resized).jpg20171206_205324 (resized).jpg

#137 6 years ago

My professionally restored SX1250.

402B0584-27B1-4C6D-8553-7302416762E7 (resized).jpeg402B0584-27B1-4C6D-8553-7302416762E7 (resized).jpeg

#138 6 years ago

2 workhorse Onkyo M-504’s and P-304’s driving 2 sets of Cornwall’s and Chorus 2’s with Bob Crites upgrades. Hooked up to my Juke that’s running a Phillips CD pro 2lf laser

63B50BE4-DE17-49BD-9973-2BB1BB98AB41 (resized).jpeg63B50BE4-DE17-49BD-9973-2BB1BB98AB41 (resized).jpeg

0B7E86D4-4290-4921-ADC0-C9F72966571E (resized).jpeg0B7E86D4-4290-4921-ADC0-C9F72966571E (resized).jpeg

4D78F74C-045F-43AC-B22E-6A6944C83AB9 (resized).jpeg4D78F74C-045F-43AC-B22E-6A6944C83AB9 (resized).jpeg

817CD5C4-7895-4923-BD9D-387A1D6943DA (resized).jpeg817CD5C4-7895-4923-BD9D-387A1D6943DA (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #139 6 years ago

I already showed my Marantz and Teac quadraphonic components (see post 117). But here's another pic of the two towers plus one of the four JBL L100 speakers which are in each corner of the living room.
    DSC01058 (resized).JPGDSC01058 (resized).JPGDSC01063 (resized).JPGDSC01063 (resized).JPG
    The family room has an 80" flatscreen plus Sony receiver, CD player, cassette deck, VCR, turntable, blu-ray player and JBL speakers: center channel on left and subwoofer on right (with four JBL Pro3 speakers wired thru the walls and mounted in the corners).
    big TV (resized).jpgbig TV (resized).jpgSony components (resized).jpgSony components (resized).jpg
    The pinball room has Tascam DAT deck, DVD player (connected to wall-mounted 23" Samsung TV), CD player/thumb drive recorder and two Roland K300 amplifiers.
    DSC01070 (resized).JPGDSC01070 (resized).JPG
    The music room has a DBX CD player, Marantz 510MR power amp, Roland mixer and JBL 4627 Cabaret series speakers, plus various synth tone modules and effects plus digital recording equipment.
    music wall (resized).JPGmusic wall (resized).JPG

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I already showed my Marantz and Teac quadraphonic components (see post 117). But here's another pic of the two towers plus one of the four JBL L100 speakers which are in each corner of the living room.

The family room has an 80" flatscreen plus Sony receiver, CD player, cassette deck, VCR, turntable, blu-ray player and JBL speakers: center channel on left and subwoofer on right (with four JBL Pro3 speakers wired thru the walls and mounted in the corners).

The pinball room has Tascam DAT deck, DVD player (connected to wall-mounted 23" Samsung TV), CD player/thumb drive recorder and two Roland K300 amplifiers.

The music room has a DBX CD player, Marantz 510MR power amp, Roland mixer and JBL 4627 Cabaret series speakers, plus various synth tone modules and effects plus digital recording equipment.

Your house is FILLED with good stuff.

2 weeks later
    #141 6 years ago

Here's another AV pron shot of my Kenwood setup. I cleaned everything up and it looks really great. It traveled with me for 42 years to who knows how many different domiciles and it barely has a scratch or two. I also took the covers off and hit the knobs with Deoxit, now they run smooth as silk and with no static. Everything works as it should and it sounds great.

I had a close look at all of the capacitors while I had the covers off, and everything looked fine to me, I didn't see anything that looked suspect like leaking or bulging, so I didn't touch anything. I did a lot of reading over at the audiokarma forums and there seem to be 2 schools of thought - one that says you should take it all the way apart and change out every capacitor, and another that says if it works, don't mess with it. I'm going for the second camp. If its working, why do all that work and then possibly mess it up? Kind of like a pinball machine in this regard.

Kenwood KR-3500 KT-5300 (resized).jpgKenwood KR-3500 KT-5300 (resized).jpg

#142 6 years ago

for your tuner, some upgrades may be here.

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/kenwood.html

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

for your tuner, some upgrades may be here.
    http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/kenwood.html

I did find that page before, it’s pretty cool with all of those details. As far as my specific tuner, it’s known to be a “bottom of the line” type. He covers it briefly but then goes on to say that it is amazingly good at pulling in the stations, which is what I see also. Well what the heck, what else do you need a tuner to do anyway?

#144 6 years ago

There is a group that does the DXing thing.
    I Have a Sansui TU-717 a lot of love for this one and upgrades for it. Have not done it nor gotten into DXing

Bottom line is you don't have to spend a ton of money on a very good receiver.

#145 6 years ago

I am thinking of diving in to the tube amp pool. Any suggestions on where or how to get started? Thinking of trying something in the 1k-2k range for now.

#146 6 years ago

I have long been a big fan of JBL speakers and currently have the following (all were purchased new):

2 x Duet 3 speakers attached to my computer
    2 x Cabaret series 4627 cabinets on the floor in the music room
    2 x Control 1 speakers (on optional JBL mounting brackets) on the keyboard stand in the music room
    4 x L100 speakers in the corners of the living room
    4 x Pro 3 speakers (on optional JBL mounting brackets) wired thru the walls in the corners of the family room
    1 x Pro 3 plus subwoofer (came packaged as a set with 2 of the Pro 3s) in the family room surround sound system
    1 x Control 5 speaker in the family room for the center channel in the surround system
    2 x Pulse 3 speakers (wireless portable speakers with interactive lights) driven by HIFI bluetooth player

#147 6 years ago

I'm a JBL fan too. Fisher RS-2010 into 4311b and L-50's.

#148 6 years ago

Ever notice how generally crappy the photos are of this cool retro stuff? If you look at all of the pics in this thread, they all pretty much suffer from issues with focus, lighting, etc. Its not so much that everyone is a terrible photographer. More so that these things are a pain in the butt to get a good shot of, sort of similar to pinball machines in this regard. You've got shiny, reflective surfaces, glass windows, and various lamps lit up which all add up to a difficult problem for a camera snapshot. I actually spent a bit of effort to get the photo just above that I posted, using a fairly decent dSLR (Canon T2i). I still wasn't satisfied with that one. Its OK, but really doesn't look all that great. The focus is marginal, the highlights are blown out, there is a terrible reflection in the tuner window, etc.

So I tried for another round to see if I could get something better. First step was to change out the kit lens for a more serious EF-S 60mm macro lens. Then I set it up in a room with decent natural light and positioned it to minimize reflections. Here is the result. It is a better effort, but I am still not completely satisfied. However I don't think this can be improved without getting some pro-type lighting involved. It needs some well-positioned diffuse lighting to provide an even illumination of the face place. A higher level of lighting will also allow the f stop to be narrowed for more sharp focus on the depth (assuming that's what you want to go for).

I think a different camera setup would be required for the "dark room" type photos where you have the component lit up with its own lights. This won't be a great shot with this Kenwood, but the ones with the Marantzes and similar ones with the blue-lit dials and meters look really cool IMO.

Kenwood KA-3500 KT-5300 3 (resized).jpgKenwood KA-3500 KT-5300 3 (resized).jpg

#149 6 years ago

My setup I acquired years ago.A3C138B7-CE0C-45DB-9A85-6E3B58BA1F5E (resized).jpegA3C138B7-CE0C-45DB-9A85-6E3B58BA1F5E (resized).jpegFE9FFB01-9FAE-43C0-BFAF-54DCE1DB978E (resized).jpegFE9FFB01-9FAE-43C0-BFAF-54DCE1DB978E (resized).jpeg

#150 6 years ago

My 1940s Zenith end table. Uses 47s for the lights!

20180113_211750 (resized).jpg20180113_211750 (resized).jpg

20180113_211740 (resized).jpg20180113_211740 (resized).jpg

There are 833 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vintage-stereo-club-monster-receivers-cassette-cd-players/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.