Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    11148537_10207007016037983_4007744002963394144_o (resized).jpg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Hey guys please join my facebook page as I go on a long archeological mission to scour the net for archival pinball movies, footage and interviews and repost them all in one place lol!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529515124038768/

#2 7 years ago

Will you be posting them here for the non-facebookers?

#3 7 years ago

I enjoyed the Pac-Man video. It was really cool to see them making the games. The opening of the show brought back a wave of nostalgia with the music and graphics. I miss local TV.

#4 7 years ago

And that was a slice of life...

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Will you be posting them here for the non-facebookers?

I'm sorry I wish I could I've been working on it for a year or so now there's a lot I've reposted, it may be worth it to you just to open up an account

#6 7 years ago

Thank you for sharing!

A Great place to Spend some time!

#7 7 years ago

Nice job.

#8 7 years ago

This is awesome! What's the exact name of the FB page?

#9 7 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what videos you dig up

#10 7 years ago

Finding some really cool stuff combing threw old TV news archives! The name of the Facebook group is "It's Pinball Baby!" here is a direct link... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529515124038768/

#11 7 years ago

You might have this on your FB page already, if not it's a cool documentary.

#12 7 years ago

I do now, very cool documentary man nice find!!!

#13 7 years ago

I can't take the credit, a local repairer posted it to his FB last night and I watched it straight away!

#14 7 years ago

I remember watching an hour-long documentary on Discovery Channel around 1995, but I can't find it anywhere. I'd love to see that one again!

#15 7 years ago

If anybody else has any suggestions please let me know, also if you remember a name of an specific arcade that may be helpful in finding more vintage footage thanks!

2 weeks later
    #16 7 years ago

Hey guys please join my facebook page as I go on a long archeological mission to scour the net for archival pinball movies, footage and interviews and repost them all in one place lol!

#17 7 years ago

Todd Tuckey have posted alot of youtube pinball instruction videos he made back in the 80's

#18 7 years ago

The TNT Amusements Show with Todd Tuckey is awesome! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjs8rzlagt8XfWxdPQnVRw

11148537_10207007016037983_4007744002963394144_o (resized).jpg11148537_10207007016037983_4007744002963394144_o (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

I think this is a 1990 Swedish Game Show. It's called Showmasters and the game within is called Super Flip. There's a contestant on the phone and the guest host tries to instruct the caller how to play. I think the game shown is being filmed backstage and someone is physically pressing the buttons. The game reminds me of a mirrored Gottlieb's Star Race but it doesn't quite line up. The contestant can win a Lights, Camera, Action if she scores enough points. Game starts at 3:30

#20 7 years ago

I like how the one guy says Galaga.

#21 7 years ago

The song is called Video Games but they keep dropping coins into a Bally coin door. Their are also some pins in the background.

#22 7 years ago

I guess you already had these videos. Old Factory Tours for WMS and Stern early 00s.

#23 7 years ago

Great interview between Bryant Gumbel, Roger Sharpe, and some dude from Philly. Gumbel was really getting into that game of Whirlwind. This might be the first instance of the overhead camera.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think this is a 1990 Swedish Game Show. It's called Showmasters and the game within is called Super Flip. There's a contestant on the phone and the guest host tries to instruct the caller how to play. I think the game shown is being filmed backstage and someone is physically pressing the buttons. The game reminds me of a mirrored Gottlieb's Star Race but it doesn't quite line up. The contestant can win a Lights, Camera, Action if she scores enough points. Game starts at 3:30
    » YouTube video

Gottlieb Tag Team

#25 7 years ago

Man, I totally forgot this show on fX. I used to watch it at my Grandma's house during summer vacation. I didn't remember Tom Bergeron was on it. Neat look at the WMS factory while they were making WCS '94. Wow. A great interview with Steve Kordek in the second video. I was smiling so big at the end when the whole factory was waving goodbye.

#26 7 years ago

Lyman Sheets settling the debate "Is Pinball a sport?" in 1993 on the Today Show.

#27 7 years ago

Love this thread! Great fun hobby related content as well as history! +999

#28 7 years ago

Looks like Roger Sharpe finally got a haircut, Kaminkow is pimping Apollo 13, and Kmiec is signing playfields at Expo '95. I wish Kmiec would come to a show and sign my game.

#29 7 years ago

I'd have to say out of all the footage so far, this documentary would be the coolest to watch if they ever make it!!!

#30 7 years ago

ET seems to be a weird show to showcase pinball but they picked an opportune time to do it. Right before the release of Addams Family.

#31 7 years ago

ABC News 1990 talking about the resurgence in pinball.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

ET seems to be a weird show to showcase pinball but they picked an opportune time to do it. Right before the release of Addams Family.
    » YouTube video

Nice find TAF assembly line, broad just hammering inserts away on the pf lol!

#33 7 years ago

ABC News 2008 talking about the "resurgence" in pinball.

#34 7 years ago

Pat Lawlor on Dream Jobs in 1990.

#35 7 years ago

The Sharpe boys continuing their Dad's tradition of being on an ABC morning show. Of course they booed that girl! She wore a Patriots jersey to Indy!

#36 7 years ago

Stern Factory Tour 2004

#38 7 years ago

New York news story on pinball when Monopoly was being made.

#39 7 years ago

It's got to be vintage 20 years or more dude.

#40 7 years ago

were looking for 1996 or older mon. Or any good documentary for sure!

#41 7 years ago

Interesting promo video for Williams failed redemption game brand Funhouse Games.

#42 7 years ago

Interesting new story from 1982 where they talk of pinball's demise and vidja games rise.

#43 7 years ago

News reporting Lyman winning PAPA 3

#45 7 years ago

I like how Josh just cradles up to talk about the custom machine on GMA.

#46 7 years ago

Bump ~ please join me on this internet archeological pinball adventure! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529515124038768/

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #47 7 years ago

please join me on this internet pinball video adventure! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529515124038768/

4 months later
    #48 7 years ago

A walk right into the Playland arcade mid 80's! ~

Please join my Facebook group as I try and unearth as much vintage pinball footage and documentaries as I can find and stick them all in one place!

#49 7 years ago

I,m just now stumbling in to this. Thanks for creating such a page on FB.
    Looking forward in checking it out.

Thanks again

#50 7 years ago

Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy it!

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vintage-pinball-footage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.