Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by turbo20lbs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ivar (resized).jpg
    untitled 765.png
    image.jpg
    Viking_back.jpg
    357617-i.png
    imagesNE70H34M.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

imagesNE70H34M.jpgimagesNE70H34M.jpg

I want to see Lagertha, Ragnar Lothbrok and the rest of the bunch from Vikings next from Stern.... How cool would it be sitting next GOT??? Enough of the lame themes.... Shields up!!!!

#2 9 years ago

I could see it being done.

#3 9 years ago

I'd have to agree I'd love to play that. Sure they usually will do movie or even board game (Monopoly) stuff, but Vikings has been running now long enough and is shot with a movie budget by MGM pictures so it fits nicely into the whole mix.

#4 9 years ago

Is the Viking theme a little close to LOTR and Hobbit?

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Is the Viking theme a little close to LOTR and Hobbit?

I am not sure about that as I would say that Vikings is more historical and less fantasy than LOTR and Hobbit although parts of the series do indeed straddle the fantasy fence. It is really entertaining.

#6 9 years ago

Oh, I love Vikings...but like Game of Thrones...it mixes swords, shields, a bit of magic/fantasy and I wonder if we need another pintheme like this...that is, IF Game of Thrones is going to be made...

#8 9 years ago

That's great!!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmydred:

imagesNE70H34M.jpg
    I want to see Lagertha, Ragnar Lothbrok and the rest of the bunch from Vikings next from Stern.... How cool would it be sitting next GOT??? Enough of the lame themes.... Shields up!!!!

How dare you leave out Floki. He's a scene stealer!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 9 years ago

Your right, Floki never disappoints... I am always wondering what he is going to do next. It would be a pin I could really see myself buying NIB.

untitled 765.pnguntitled 765.png

#12 9 years ago

Much like GOT that theme sounds good to me. I am not sure I understand the issue with "similar" themes. I understand the concept but we have several Star Treks (2 in the top 20), Star Wars etc.

I think if a pin is built with a theme or gameplay people enjoy it will be purchased.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see some original themes. However, I would be in line to purchase GOT or Viking. After code completion of course.

#13 9 years ago

What is Vikings? What channel is it on? I don't have cable, I'm an internet tv guy, netflix, hulu, & amazon prime

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

What is Vikings? What channel is it on? I don't have cable, I'm an internet tv guy, netflix, hulu, & amazon prime

History channel. If you've never seen it, get ready to marathon watch several seasons in a row. Epic series IMHO.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Amazon prime has it.

It's a slow burn the first 2-3 episodes. After that it's fantastic. The cinematography and locations are beautiful. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

#16 9 years ago

If this were made it would be one of the few pins that my wife would be happy to see me buy .

#17 9 years ago

Best show ever, makes Game of thrones look like a cartoon for little kids.....

#18 9 years ago

I started watching this and just couldn't stop. Now I've caught up and cant wait for Thursday nights. Lol. While I wait I thought I'd try GOT and just cant seem to get into it. Watched about 4 episodes of season 1 and its just not as good as Vikings. I think GOT has just to many characters. Hard to keep track of who they're talking about and why. I don't know. I just think the whole idea of Vikings is way better. Nothing like an inside look at how they lived and how they robbed and killed and did it in the name of there gods. Just good entertainment I guess.

My vote is YES for a Vikings pinball

#19 9 years ago

You could do some great stuff with this theme. Rognorak multiball, seige of Paris, allot of cool stuff to choose from. Next to GOT and Walking Dead it's my favorite show.

1 year later
    #20 7 years ago

If you haven't given this a chance, best bet is Amazon Prime as it's commercial free, no need to fast forward BS.

Cannot understand why this show isn't more popular. They obviously have put a ton of money into it, and it's damn good.

I enjoyed the last couple years more than this past season, but it's still worth watching and I've never fallen asleep during an episode like I have TWD.

Can't believe it's on History channel. Would make an awesome pin. Maybe a chance at redemption after the GOT pin flop?

ivar (resized).jpgivar (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vikings-should-be-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.