2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220411_110031 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I am wondering about my Viking power source. Mine has the wires soldered directly to the board. Every other Viking I look at uses connectors. Is mine a early production? Built in 1980, but my Black jack and Star trek have the connectors, which are older than the Viking. This board looks factory.

20220411_110031 (resized).jpg20220411_110031 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

It should have headers and connectors. This is most likely a repair done by a tech that wanted to get the game up and running but didn’t have the parts to do a proper repair.

#3 2 years ago

Very common hack because the connectors tend to burn up. Board looks clean otherwise. If the back of the board is otherwise clean with minimal trace damage I would recommend a connector rebuild. Big Daddy sells a connector rebuild kit for the rectifier board with the correct parts picked for you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/viking-power-supply and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.