7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-05-15_09.46.10_(resized).png
    #1 7 years ago

In the forum Activity submenu, I'd like the option to see the topics I've viewed, but only the ones with new (unread) posts.

"Topics in which you posted" could use the same functionality.

Perhaps a check box, only show topics with new posts?

Not sure what good showing all the idle topics does to begin with... Unless you need to make a followup post, but how often is that?

While I'm dreaming, how about being able to set a custom default for when you click on Activity initially? (I would set mine to Viewed w/unread; it'd save me two clicks and page loads every visit.)

And a quick way to only see your own posts in a topic, without having to manually search your own username, would be great. Maybe optionally include others' posts that quoted you, too.

I believe all these ideas would enhance the user experience considerably, and reduce server load to boot!

(And I still think searches should by default (or at least optionally) not scan quoted text, but that suggestion garnered no response when I made it...)

#2 7 years ago

Check the "activity" tab. It sounds like that should give you most of what you're describing.

If you then go to the topics you viewed option, you can sort by date you viewed or most recent activity.

As for when you click the thread title, check the settings tab and scroll down to topic click behavior and last post in topic behavior

2016-05-15_09.46.10_(resized).png2016-05-15_09.46.10_(resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/viewed-topics-with-new-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.