Topic Stats

• 354 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 371 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 140 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    369F1076-941C-4B13-B52F-F4B1DF62E20D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2583 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2584 (resized).jpeg
    end cap ACE (resized).jpeg
    end cap_angle iron (resized).jpeg
    tee pic (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0149 (resized).JPG
    image-4 (resized).jpg
    53C7BD96-183D-40B5-AD4F-4154524158F3 (resized).jpeg
    D69266F8-457E-4FBF-A0DC-4B68DE0AB5BA (resized).jpeg
    59400EAA-FDA2-4CAD-99E0-79A5630349EA (resized).jpeg
    43D765BC-36EF-4ADB-B4B5-B3B4BC518A7F (resized).jpeg
    20190219_145507 (resized).jpg
    008C6CEB-3AF7-45AF-A005-6DE70F4E5563 (resized).jpeg
    41E85181-090E-4FD5-9BE1-21CCE64144F8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 What is a rotisserie, description and supplies list. Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #2 Step One: Drill & tap sides. Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #3 Step two: Drill & tap tops. Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #4 Step three: Form the axle. Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #5 Step four: Assemble the knob. Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #6 Step five: cut and assemble the perforated angle. Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #7 Step six: finish the legs. Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #18 Clamps for attaching playfields to the perforated angle. Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #24 Leg leveler idea. Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #66 Playfield sizes. Posted by vid1900 (6 years ago)

Post #79 Variation using plywood ends instead of perforated angle iron. Posted by jgreene (6 years ago)

Post #120 Video demonstration on using a rotisserie. Posted by vid1900 (6 years ago)

Post #144 Link to a video on how to remove a playfield. Posted by lb1 (5 years ago)

Post #170 Link to a wooden design. Posted by vid1900 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crashpad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#303 1 year ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Clean all the metal with Lacquer Thinner to get all the manufacturing oil off of it.
    Don't skip this step or you will get the dirty oil all over your playfield as you work.
    Prime and spray with a high quality enamel.

thanks for the guide vid, getting ready to build it this weekend (picked everything up Friday night)...

I've got a can of Paint Thinner – will that work or won't it be strong enough to take the manufacturing oil off of it?

#305 1 year ago

Sounds good – I also have Naptha and gloves so I'm set. Thanks again!

#310 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

They occasionally will have some categories 5%-15% off with code over certain order anounts. I think I received 15% off $100 already on a pipe and fitting order to make some hipster light fixtures for my bar/game room.

Thanks guys – I will remember for future orders. Already good to go for this round, but I could definitely enjoy the savings next time!

6 months later
    #337 7 months ago

Ok, so I buy all the stuff to make my rotisserie about six months ago, and all I do is clean the stuff up using paint thinner. While cleaning one of the 36" x 3/4" pipes, I hold them up together and find one of them is a few inches shorter, so I have to take it back and get one that actually measures 36".

Done.

Decide last week I'm going to bang this job out and paint everything.

Done.

Start to try and put it together and find that the 3/4" tee will not attach to the 36" x 3/4" pipe on one end. It will start to thread/connect on the other. Take a closer look and the thread appears to be "smooshed" down at the top, so the tee keeps sliding off and never grabs to attach to the pipe.

I took it back to Home Depot without a receipt and painted and they swapped it out for another 36" x 3/4" pipe. Before prepping this one for paint, I try to attach a 3/4" tee to one side.

It fits.

Take it off and try to attach to the other, and the same issue as the first pipe. Looks like the threads are "smooshed".

Anyone else have this issue or is there a way around it? Tee won't even start on the pipe to try and some how force it if that is even possible.

Also, when attaching the tees is there some kind of way to smooth the threading, like adding WD-40 or grease or something to get it to attach easier?

tee pic (resized).jpeg
    #340 7 months ago

KoolFingers and pinballinreno – I am going to return to HD. Ended up going to local ACE hardware and found one that we could fit on both ends when trying it in the store. I'll clean up the ends and then pre-lubricate.

Thanks for the advice guys!

1 week later
    #341 7 months ago

What do people do to cover the ends of the rotisserie to help protect from sharp edges?

I filed them, but thought there may be a good solution to capping them off.

One possibility would be to use some of the foam weather stripping, adapting a small piece to put on the ends, but that would be kind of clunky and I'd prefer something like a rubber foot like you use to protect flooring.

end cap_angle iron (resized).jpeg
    #344 7 months ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I just ground them smooth and rounded the corners.
    I guess you could tape the edge with gorilla tape but I haven't found it necessary.

Okay thanks for the suggestion.

#346 7 months ago
    Quoted from jsa:

I sprayed mine with plasti-dip, and it worked great for one use, but the stuff is too easy to peel off.

Yes, my neighbor suggested that too. I remember reading where people dipped the entire bottom half for more cushioning.

#348 7 months ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

Look at Amazon or ebay and get the size that fit.
    amazon.com link »

Thanks KoolFingers – found them at ACE Hardware, .50 each. They're discontinuing them, and these were some of the last, so glad I was able to get them before they were gone.

end cap ACE (resized).jpeg
    #349 7 months ago

Final product – thanks to Vid, pinball Mike D and everyone that replied to my questions and gave advice. Painted in Arizona State University colors and ready for its first playfield to begin restoring (either Mata Hari or Freedom)...

IMG_2583 (resized).jpegIMG_2584 (resized).jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 142.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.50
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 137.00
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crashpad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside