Topic Stats

• 381 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by WalrusPin
  • Topic is favorited by 421 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231031_085847 (resized).jpg
    20231031_074039 (resized).jpg
    20231031_085748 (resized).jpg
    20231031_085731 (resized).jpg
    56478_W6 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5364 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5363 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5362 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4309 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4308 (resized).JPG
    20210508_134124 (resized).jpg
    5638532A-E55D-4EEE-BFE6-963236CF04AA (resized).jpeg
    ExtenderTop (resized).JPG
    ExtenderBottom (resized).JPG
    2BF2A77E-F859-4194-A27A-AF5CFB0DF7D8 (resized).jpeg
    2CB35940-D561-49E9-BE66-6313B9309462 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 What is a rotisserie, description and supplies list. Posted by vid1900 (11 years ago)

Post #2 Step One: Drill & tap sides. Posted by vid1900 (11 years ago)

Post #3 Step two: Drill & tap tops. Posted by vid1900 (11 years ago)

Post #4 Step three: Form the axle. Posted by vid1900 (11 years ago)

Post #5 Step four: Assemble the knob. Posted by vid1900 (11 years ago)

Post #6 Step five: cut and assemble the perforated angle. Posted by vid1900 (11 years ago)

Post #7 Step six: finish the legs. Posted by vid1900 (11 years ago)

Post #18 Clamps for attaching playfields to the perforated angle. Posted by vid1900 (11 years ago)

Post #24 Leg leveler idea. Posted by vid1900 (11 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MinnPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 10 years ago

Hey everybody,

I had ran this past vid the other night and he suggested I share it on this thread, so here it is.

I essentially built Vid's rotisserie mechanism, with the minor alteration that the stupid hardware store I went to didn't have regular spincock handles, so I just used large thumb-screws in place of them. Also, I already had a pair of cheap sawhorses that were not being used, so I used them rather than building the black pipe base.

I also had some cheap clamps, which I wasn't too trusting of. I noted that on another site someone suggested that they drill holes through the end of the playfield to mount their board to the rotisserie. While I agree that you would never see the holes - I can't fathom damaging something I am trying to repair, by putting more holes in it. What to do?

I came up with another idea for securing your playfield to the rotisserie. It does NOT in any way alter the plans laid out by Vid in this post, it just simply adds a couple of cheap parts to the list.

LIST

(4-6) 1/4 (20) bolts - about 1 1/4" in length should cover any situation
    (4-6) nuts for the bolts
    (4-6) washers to go with the nuts & bolts
    (1) 3' piece of angle (assuming you used 1 1/2" before, go 1 1/4" for this piece)

- Saw the angle in half.
    - Center each new piece of angle on top of the playfield, directly above the piece of angle that your playfield is mounted onto.
    -Use a marker to mark off an area where the bolt/nut that holds the original angle to the flange poke through.
    - Take the pieces of angle (once both are marked) to a grinding wheel, if you have access to one, otherwise some wizardry with a hack-saw would probably work. Notch into the elbow of the angle a nice sized gap.

*What you are doing here is making it so that the new angle will lie snug on top of your playfield in the same position as the original piece is sitting below your playfield. (notches A & B in picture 1)

-Once you have a large enough notch, flatten the area around the notch by crimping it in a vice or hammering it flat, so that there are no sharp edges sticking out.
    - Lay the notched piece of angle over your playfield (as picture) and put the bolt/nut/washer combos through both pieces of angle via the holes in the angle - as close as you can to each side of the playfield and tighten them.

*If you have no pre-existing holes in your playfield between the two pieces of angle, then you will have completed that end.

- Wherever you do have pre-existing holes in the playfield, between the two angle pieces, use them to your advantage by adding a bolt, nut and washer to secure the playfield. This is why the quantity is listed as (4-6) on those parts in the list.

Hope the description makes sense, I am half asleep as I write this. The pictures should help.

This is easy, eliminates the need for trigger clamps, frees up the area from clamps getting in the way and does it all without having to drill any holes in your precious playfield.

Enjoy! New_Rotisserie_Locking_System_01_(4web.pngNew_Rotisserie_Locking_System_01_(4web.png New_Rotisserie_Locking_System_02(4web).pngNew_Rotisserie_Locking_System_02(4web).png New_Rotisserie_Locking_System_03(4web).pngNew_Rotisserie_Locking_System_03(4web).png

#106 10 years ago

Yes,

The ten or thirty copies of the post is a bug. Last night I tried to post the message and images and I kept getting a strange response - never one which led me to believe the message was actually posting. Then I started receiving the equivalent of a code error. So, I let it sit overnight thinking maybe some site maintenance was in progress. In the morning I attempted again to send text and images and it wouldn't.

So, I got rid of the images and the text sent just fine. Then I uploaded the images with the one line of text and it went just fine. When I looked back - every single "failed" attempt had in fact appeared. I already notified pinside about it. I sure wish we could just delete our own messages, I would have gotten rid of that duplicate situation myself.

Oh well...hopefully it doesn't scare too many people away.

#110 10 years ago

Nice. Funhouse...cool game.

I am going to take the Vidman's advice and see what I can do to delete those bonus posts.

-MinnPin

1 week later
    #111 10 years ago

Contacting the Pinside people and asking that they remove the error created multiple posts up above hasn't corrected the situation, and it has been over two weeks now.

And, unless I misunderstood the instructions, putting a "." in place of the texts in all of those repetitive posts hasn't made a mod come along and delete them either, and that has now been well over a week. What gives pinside? Please clean up this monstrosity of repetitive posting errors, and delete these "." posts up above. It would take you all of one minute.

Thanks.

There....I feel better. Back to dirty rotisseries.

MinnPin

#113 10 years ago

Right on. I think it scared people away from this topic. My post appeared approximately 4000 times in a row and now nobody is talking.

1 week later
    #117 10 years ago

Angus,

I am working on a Totem on my rotisserie currently, and as Vid said...existing holes can help greatly in securing the playfield (note my post above with the mod of adding the extra piece of angle - an existing hole, in this case, was great).

Anyway, I had to remove the entire ball return unit to get that end snug in the rotisserie, but that's no big...about ten or so screws and out she comes. If you are going so far as to put your playfield on a rotisserie, we can assume that you are ready to do some work on it, correct?

So...there you go.

1 month later
    #121 10 years ago

Good video Andre. I also have my rotisserie in video form somewhere. I have actually been documenting my entire restore process on my Gottlieb Totem. So far I think I have posted approximately ten videos, but I am actually way past that in the restoration process, I just haven't had time to edit more videos. I am a filmmaker, so I get hung up on things like editing, even though this is stuff I am just shooting with my phone. Oh well...they will get edited and uploaded soon.

Thanks again for the video, and again to you Vid1900...you are seriously a pinball life-saver. Funny thing is, I can only visualize that for some reason The Tall Man is being nice and helping us. You haven't even called any of us "boy"!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MinnPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-quick-and-dirty-rotisserie-guide?tu=MinnPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.