Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

First, a *HUGE* thanks to vid1900 for having written his guides in the first place. Second, thanks to both vid1900 and robin for permission to share these with everyone.

I often found that while I could sit in front of the computer and read Vid's Guides online for ages, what I really wanted was a version I could stick on my iPad and use as reference while I'm in my workshop. Further, while I thought the discussions were useful reading, when I'm in the shop I really just wanted the "meat and potatoes" of the original guide.

And so, I collected together vid1900's main posts from his various guides, and turned them into a set of PDFs. Inside each PDF, the entries link back to the original post on Pinside, so you can easily get back to any specific post in its original form if you want to see higher-res images, or catch up on anything else in the thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ec0fk9vgy0wvysc/vXKp5Spsla

Last PDF upload: August 19, 2014 - Ultimate Pop Bumper Guide ("Bally 1980's Pop Bumpers")

#3 10 years ago

Awesome, thank you!!!

#4 10 years ago

I brought this idea up to Vid months ago so I'm sure he approves.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for doing this! Much appreciated.

#6 10 years ago

This is great, I am going to print these out and put them in a binder. I know thats old school, but I would rather have them that way. I think its really funny that his phantasm avatar appears over and over.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks for doing this.

I think this should be added to the sticky topics for easy reference.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I brought this idea up to Vid months ago so I'm sure he approves.

Yes, I ran it past vid1900 and robin before putting it up here, and received both of their blessings.

#9 10 years ago

Wow, thx for the all the effort you had to put into this, much appreciated.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for all this effort! Much easier to read than having to sift through the original threads where everyone is interjecting in between Vid's posts.

#11 10 years ago

Good work, thanks!

#12 10 years ago

well done, thanks!

#13 10 years ago

Awesome! This will come in very handy for me!

#14 10 years ago

Thank you very much.

#15 10 years ago

bleargh, Outstanding work. I've already used one of the guides to solve a problem... and I echo the praise to Vid for creating the original material in the first place.

#16 10 years ago

awesome!

#17 10 years ago

Really, really nice work. I now have all of these downloaded on my desktop rather than just saved into my Favorite threads! Thanks to both you and vid!!!!!

#18 10 years ago

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

#19 10 years ago

thanks I downloaded and printed them. joe

#20 10 years ago

Great job. I need to pull these down

#21 10 years ago

Thanks a lot for posting! Great resource.

#22 10 years ago

Good work on distilling down those post - certainly upped the signal to noise ratio on many of them, lol.

Big update on clearcoating playfields coming up in the next month, so we might need to implement some sort of version numbering system. Any suggestions on a good way to do this?

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I think its really funny that his phantasm Avatar appears over and over.

it's just creepy.

#24 10 years ago

Lol, I can just imagine vid1900 going to target in the summer and buying out all their pool noodles.

Its for pinball!

Yeah.. sure..

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Good work on distilling down those post - certainly upped the signal to noise ratio on many of them, lol.

That's one of the big reasons I did these in the first place.

While it *IS* worth reading the original threads to see all of the extra discussion and questions that people have asked, when I wanted "reference material" I wanted to get just the 'meat and potatoes' of the thread.

Quoted from vid1900:

Big update on clearcoating playfields coming up in the next month, so we might need to implement some sort of version numbering system. Any suggestions on a good way to do this?

Already thought of this... you'll see both a "v1.0" and a timestamp on the top of the PDF.

With the first set of updates, I imagine that I'll...

1) bump both of those,
    2) rename the files so that they contain a version number in_ the filename (e.g. "ultimate-playfield-restoration-v1.1.pdf"),
    3) post an announcement somewhere here on Pinside,

But yes... I had expected that as you added more content to these guides Vid, that I'd be going back and doing updates of the PDFs so that they had the most recent info in them.

If anyone has other suggestions I'm open to hearing them, but that was my plan...

3 weeks later
    #26 10 years ago

Awesome! and thank you!

2 months later
    #27 9 years ago

I (finally) got around to updating these PDFs with Vid's most recent content, as well as having switched all of the links over from "http" to "https".

You'll find the updated PDFs at the same Dropbox link I'd used in the first post.

#29 9 years ago

my only suggestion would be if you could list the revision no. and updated date in the description on drop box so that we know when a "new" version of the .pdf's were made available for a specific guide. other than that, well done!

#30 9 years ago

Terrific job, much appreciated!!

#31 9 years ago

Ok... uploading a new set of PDFs here, with the version number in the filename:

e.g.

ultimate-playfield-restoration-v1.2.pdf

Should make it a bit easier to figure out if you've got the most recent version.

Same dropbox link as in the original post:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ec0fk9vgy0wvysc/vXKp5Spsla

#32 9 years ago

What a fantastic idea. Thanks for going through the effort... Both of you (Vid and Bleargh).

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

What a fantastic idea. Thanks for going through the effort... Both of you (Vid and Bleargh).

It's all Bleargh, I'm not Mac enough to even create a .pdf.....

#35 9 years ago

on my way to home depot to pick up the parts to make the rotisserie, you made it soooooooooo easy to print out vids guides, thank you !

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

You're welcome.

All started off with my wanting a copy of them to drop on the iPad so I could read them when I'm out (or down in the shop), and it sorta went from there...

#37 9 years ago

neato

#38 9 years ago

great idea! I've read most of these but it will be a handy reference.

#40 9 years ago

July 23, 2014 - Ultimate Playfield Restoration v1.4

A shout out to radium for the idea of putting in a "table of contents"; the PDF versions of Vid's guides now have a Table of Contents at the start. Thx radium!

2 weeks later
    #41 9 years ago

August 7, 2014 - Classic Bally/Stern LED Adapter Kit v1.0

Now I'm jealous... I want a set of those adapters for my SeaWitch!

#42 9 years ago

August 11, 2014 - Ultimate Playfield Restoration v1.6 ("Fear of Mylar")

#43 9 years ago

Great job bleargh! Love all of vids guides. They are for the most part fool proof

1 week later
    #44 9 years ago

August 19, 2014 - Ultimate Pop Bumper Guide v1.2 ("Bally 1980's Pop Bumpers")

#45 9 years ago

Nice! Thank you!

#46 9 years ago

Thanks for this.

Appreciated on both sides.

#47 9 years ago

Cannot thank both sides of this effort enough for this.

#48 9 years ago

Just saved the entire folder to my Dropbox. Thanks!

1 year later
    #49 8 years ago

Vid I have an interesting issue. I have a brand new CPR Xenon playfield. When I put the bushings in to it they are almost level with the top of the pf. Brand new bushings and my flipper feels like it is or will drag on the pf. I have not converted away from original flipper design yet.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Vid I have an interesting issue. I have a brand new CPR Xenon playfield. When I put the bushings in to it they are almost level with the top of the pf. Brand new bushings and my flipper feels like it is or will drag on the pf. I have not converted away from original flipper design yet.

A bunch of wrong size flipper bushings were shipped from PBR (and may have ended up with other dealers too).

Contact them for replacement

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guides-pdf-version and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.