• 2,373 posts
  • 398 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by WizardsCastle
  • Topic is favorited by 1,096 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 529 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EOS 2 (resized).jpg
EOS 1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191023_204548 (resized).jpg
Flipper locking nuts (resized).jpg
E7026B47-F961-435C-BF5E-99A6AC3F55E0 (resized).jpeg
B2A06B20-4502-42B2-B5A5-5AA8647C0D21 (resized).jpeg
B1B9BAA1-96EE-4446-A146-2B6210F62D03 (resized).jpeg
428B72FB-0B49-4AD5-99C5-20BA8CAEEAFE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190413_191527 (resized).jpg
20190413_191509 (resized).jpg
20190413_191614 (resized).jpg
20190420_161700 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
coil (resized).jpg
CD8ECE3A-0E62-4D83-9E25-67362785AB0E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2373 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 48.
#2351 56 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Turned out to be a bad diode on the coil.

Yeah I direct short can do that.

Usually you blow a transistor before it happens though, I think.

#2352 56 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yeah I direct short can do that.
Usually you blow a transistor before it happens though, I think.

Yeah I was trying to use my meter like a good boy and the diode seemed to test okay. Obviously it wasn’t okay.

2 weeks later
#2353 43 days ago

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what size these locking nuts are, As I live in France everything is metric.

When I look on pinball web sites they just give a size and not what its for.

Any help much appreciated

Flipper locking nuts (resized).jpg
#2354 43 days ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me what size these locking nuts are, As I live in France everything is metric.
When I look on pinball web sites they just give a size and not what its for.
Any help much appreciated[quoted image]

Just take the bracket to the hardware store, get new nuts and bolts that fit.

#2355 43 days ago

Thank you for the quick reply

But everything over here is metric, so nothing will fit. All I will do is mangle the threads up on the base plate

#2356 43 days ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

But everything over here is metric, so nothing will fit. All I will do is mangle the threads up on the base plate

Don’t worry about the threads. Get a screw that is smaller than the plate hole and put a nut on the back of it.

#2357 43 days ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

You are going to face that issue constantly. It must get expensive over time to order screws and nuts. Just re-tap them out to metric sizes.

#2358 43 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t worry about the threads. Get a screw that is smaller than the plate hole and put a nut on the back of it.

It won't really be a locking nut then though?

They're 6-32 iirc

#2359 42 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They're 6-32 iirc

Put a lock washer underneath it.

#2360 42 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They're 6-32 iirc

The mounting plate is 6-32 thread.

You would have to drill and re-tap it for metric.

6-32 is available at most big hardware stores in Europe.

Way simpler to use 6-32 screws and nuts.

You dont want the screws loose in the holes. This is why the holes are threaded, it insures a snug fit.

It's not necessary to use the Keps nuts.

You can add a star washer if you want to a small screw.

Keps nuts were a pre-loctite solution. They don't hold as well.

New games eliminated keps in favor of standard regular nuts with loctite 242 (blue color) applied to the treads. Better and cheaper.

So any nuts and bolts that fit with blue loctite are perfect if you want to drill and tap.

In fact, use blue loctite on almost everything to keep things from falling apart.

#2361 42 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Use some medium strength loctite, like the factory did. Won't matter if you have a starwasher nut or not.

#2362 42 days ago

^^guess that was already covered.

1 week later
#2363 34 days ago
Quoted from LGFAutos:

Hi fellow country man. Shifting to metric will be musch easier for you and I... You will find what's needed at your local DIY store.
But prior to that, get a calliper (pied à coulisse) to measure the diameter... Drilling holes to allow your new screw to pass through, may be necessary...

This option will be faster and cheaper... That's the way to go except if ya wanna stick to originals absolutly...

#2364 33 days ago

Thank you very much for all the help.

Have sourced all the parts needed from Amazon USA, and they were a lot cheaper than pinball shops here including postage. (Mad that)

1 week later
#2365 25 days ago

I'm rebuilding flippers for my Funhouse. Should I follow recommended 1/8" EOS gap or gap which is recommended by operations manual 0.062"? I would not like to ruin my new EOS switches by arc. But shouldn't capasitor prevent arc?
Screenshot_20191023_204548 (resized).jpg

#2366 25 days ago

I remember asking vid1900 this very question a few years ago. He said to go with what the manual says to do. My question was about a later system 11, I forget which one. Probably the same flipper mech as Funhouse has.
What I have adopted to use is nice, cleaned 1/8" and a 1/16" drill bits for feeler gauges. the 1/16" slides through the gap unrestricted, while the 1/8" does not fit through the gap.

#2367 24 days ago

This was Vid's and my PM exchange on this question.

Dozer1 ---- Vid, you always say that an EOS switch needs to be set to have 1/8" gap. That is .125". My system 11 manuals say to shoot for .062 which would be right at 1/`16". I know you have tons of experience with this stuff, so did you find it works better at 1/8" then the recommended 1/16"?

Vid1900 --- The 1/8 works good for most games, the sys11 you can indeed go 1/16.

1 week later
#2368 14 days ago

Hoping for some assistance here. Recently, my IMDN Pro upper left flipper has been giving me some problems. Initially when playing the flipper reacts exactly as it should, however, after approximately 7-10 games, I've noticed that it stops returning to it's normal position after flipping, and increasingly stops reacting all together, moving very little. If this has been covered, my apologies in advance. I have done some research on Pinside but haven't been able to find this issue. I have checked the EOS gap and seems to me to be fine.

I should mention, that the coil is warmer than the others in comparison after play.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance!

EOS 1 (resized).jpgEOS 2 (resized).jpg
#2369 14 days ago

Rebuild it he flipper with new parts. The rebuild kit is like $25 from pinball life.

#2370 14 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Rebuild it he flipper with new parts. The rebuild kit is like $25 from pinball life.

Thanks @chuckwurt

Dumbass question. The upper left flipper is a mini flipper. Does this make a difference in which kit I order? The only one I can find is this one. https://www.pinballlife.com/new-style-flipper-rebuild-kit-left-and-right-flippers-for-sternsega.html

#2371 14 days ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Thanks @chuckwurt
Dumbass question. The upper left flipper is a mini flipper. Does this make a difference in which kit I order? The only one I can find is this one. https://www.pinballlife.com/new-style-flipper-rebuild-kit-left-and-right-flippers-for-sternsega.html

The actual flipper bat itself is the only thing different. Everything else is the same.

#2372 14 days ago

First, just make sure you have a proper gap between the flipper bat and the bushing. Loosen the bat, and retighten it with a credit-card thickness gap. A lot of new games have been shipping with no gap at all. This does get worse over time until you start seeing the issues you are having.

1 week later
#2373 6 days ago

Noticed on my Iron Maiden, that the bumper pad is different than all my other Stern games. The base that fits through the hole is thinner and flat, so it installs much easier. But the pad itself is thinner and seems to move around a bit.

All my other Stern games have the pad with the cone shaped base, so I was thinking to replace them, unless Stern did this intentionally. Does anyone know?

Also, any tips on getting those cone shaped pads installed? Get it into that hole is near impossible.

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
There are 2373 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 48.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside