Topic Stats

• 805 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 480 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 182 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6315 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190818_102021 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190818_102042 (resized).jpg
5DC67DC9-A295-42EE-BF7D-9C097C937B18 (resized).jpeg
HighSide-PCHAN (resized).jpg
Lamp Strobe PFET (resized).jpg
PFETpic (resized).jpg
Lamp Strobe TIP42 (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpeg
IMG_0315 (resized).jpg
afpbk (resized).jpg
C5151D0F-4274-46A3-943C-745B16C7FEC7 (resized).jpeg
fuse chart (resized).jpg
fuses (resized).jpg
IMG-7879 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 805 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 32 days ago

Yes that was the plan, 9530 Mosfet and 1k resistors.

The previous owner had replaced the original resistors with 5W27ohms ceramic resistors but he didn't leave any space, so they were touching the board...

3 weeks later
#802 8 days ago

Laser Ball was playing just fine at the house. I loaded it up and moved it to a location spot. Play testing it there and the outhole kicker isn't kicking very hard at all. It seems to be trying twice and then it just stops trying. Drop targets reset fine, pops are popping strong, and it saucer in the upper right was kicking when I trigger the switch. Seems like this one coil is struggling and I'm sort of at a loss because it works, just weak.

#803 8 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I loaded it up and moved it to a location spot

My first thought, check the connections in back box after a move. You may have done that but did't mention if you had.

#804 3 days ago

Working on a Williams Gorgar.. Done all the basic bulletproofing stuff as documented in this awesome thread, and was testing my CPU/Driver board on the bench, and notice with my light test fixture, that the lights which are OFF are really very slightly still on.. I have done the "upgrade" of replacing the TIP42s with IRF9Z34N, and have replaced the old power resistors with wires.. Should I worry about what appears to be slight current leak though some part of this circuit, or is this not going to be noticeable when running in the machine? I have used the test rom to verify the actual control of each light works properly. If each row/column looked all the same, I probably wouldn't worry about it, but as you can see in the picture, it's different for each row or column. Am I being too picky? If not, what should I try to replace? Thanks!! (This picture is while the test ROM is running, and was randomly snapped while one LED which was flashing, happened to be off)

IMG_6315 (resized).JPG
#805 3 days ago

All Williams games exhibit some ghosting in the lamp matrix with LED's. Just the nature of the beast. LED's just switch on and off so fast that you can actually see it, as opposed to the slower speed of incandescent bulbs where you can't see it happening.

Happens with an unmodified lamp matrix too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 805 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside