Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8188114A-83E9-4EEB-B11B-68CDB551D350 (resized).jpeg
    E026C980-7526-4E3D-9806-20D7EBAB6135 (resized).jpeg
    2F3761C0-7EFF-4D00-86DA-0B4809B8C4F3 (resized).jpeg
    0AAD41E3-27D6-44C5-BCEE-8180B549D2E5 (resized).jpeg
    30050566-3EAB-4EFC-A334-6251A5A3E89C (resized).jpeg
    412F6EAF-C1EF-49AF-96EE-21B7769D6847 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200904_234548 (resized).jpg
    FPDremel2 (resized).jpg
    FpDremel (resized).jpg
    IMG_6494.jpg
    After HT Test Fit.JPG
    IMG_0749 (resized).jpg
    62300_W3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6344-2.jpg
    35111 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Tap the Roll Pin with a punch to remove the Linkage. You don't have to take the Roll Pin all the way out, just enough to remove the Linkage.

I’m trying a flipper rebuild and can’t seem to get the roll pin out with a tap or a slap. Any suggestions ?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #126 5 years ago

Thanks sir! Was tapping it ever so hard but it was on a table edge. I’ll put it in the vise and try that !

#127 5 years ago

Finally. Pins out and linkage back together. All back in. Flippers rebuilt.
    Although I’m not seeing a big difference and the right one seems to chatter a bit.

I’ve only done 3 sets of these rebuilds - usually because something wasn’t working - so when finished I see a difference. This was just to rebuild them before I sell the machine and the buyer thought the flippers weren’t strong enough. So I did the rebuild thinking that would take care of the issue.

They’re both getting the balls to the top , just not kicking them too hard. And again the right one seems to now have a little chatter. I’ve adjusted the eos blades to have them at the end of stroke activated and checked the coil wires.

Any suggestions to make these a lil stronger?
    It is a Hot Shot if that helps any?

#129 5 years ago

No. I haven’t changed the coils. Just the rebuild kit I’ll look into that thanks!

#130 5 years ago

For this game is there a certain number coil you suggest ? Don’t want to order a wrong voltage / size , etc

#131 5 years ago

What I’ve found is A-1546 which has now been replaced by A-5141

Is this the strongest or just the actual replacement ?

#133 5 years ago

Thanks. Now. Is the “yellow dot”. A5141-A even more powerful? Reason not to go to that one ?

#135 5 years ago

Good comment. I got the rebuild kit from PBR and all seemed to match what I took off. I did notice adjusting the EOS blade made some changes (good and bad) so maybe I just need to keep working with that? But the stronger coils seem to be a possible answer. And for what $30? I think I’ll order a pair. Just don’t want to go too strong. So “yellow” or “orange” dot coils ?

#137 5 years ago

Ahh good comments. And yes. Want stronger but not to a point to break off targets or break glass. Think I’ll go with the medium one as all have suggested. Thanks guys!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-hardtop-restoration-comet?tu=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.