Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wdpvideo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

afm underside.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

Alright! Looks great!

#3 10 years ago

I like the IDEA of having the boards under the PF as it will reduce the miles of cable, but how do you mitigate against the severe vibrations and all the (eventual) under-playfield filth?

#4 10 years ago

Games have had circuit boards underneath the playfields for decades.

AFM has a giant one.

afm underside.jpgafm underside.jpg

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Games have had circuit boards underneath the playfields for decades.
    AFM has a giant one.

Comparing a sophisticated driver board with a lamp board?

Probably not the best comparison, other than size.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Comparing a sophisticated driver board with a lamp board?
    Probably not the best comparison, other than size.

Plenty of boards under AFM besides lamp boards.

Motor drivers, Opto drivers.....hell, nothing gets banged around and vibrated more than the mothership and it has the LED lamp driver circuit board INSIDE of it.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I like the IDEA of having the boards under the PF as it will reduce the miles of cable, but how do you mitigate against the severe vibrations and all the (eventual) under-playfield filth?

Like pinball 2000? Those seemed to survive vibration.

#8 10 years ago

Here is another video of the castle sequence.

#9 10 years ago

How is the sound?

#10 10 years ago

Castle sequence needs dialed in but I'm sure that shouldn't be too difficult.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Plenty of boards under AFM besides lamp boards.
    Motor drivers, Opto drivers.....hell, nothing gets banged around and vibrated more than the mothership and it has the LED lamp driver circuit board INSIDE of it.

Actually, that saucer board does tend to have issues, mostly heat related but I've seen some taken out by the constant hammering. Not really a comparison though, as the MM boards will have a much easier life.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Like pinball 2000? Those seemed to survive vibration.

Those aren't attached to the playfield, they're under a cover at the bottom of the cabinet, similar to WOZ.

There hasn't really been a precursor to MM's board install method. Perhaps Vacation America, but I do not remember if it actually put the driver boards under the PF, or just lamp and device boards.

#13 10 years ago

Yeah, Rick said it just needed an adjust to the springs on the towers. The other MMR towers leaned more after the castle had been destroyed. Simple fix.

#14 10 years ago

we were short one or two 10-520/10-521 springs, which I think were to be sent but may or may not have gotten there. I know that one of those springs were damaged on one of the games, so we were scrambling to get one and I had already taken off to bring them with me ...

rick

#15 10 years ago

Outside and topside of the PF looks like MM original. Time will tell how they compare to wear and tear.
    Looks better than I expected it too honestly.

#16 10 years ago

Very early Sunday I was finally able to play both MM remakes at the show -twhile I thoroughly enjoyed the super loud audio on the machine to the right h I played first , it just didn't fell too well, I was disappointed as I had just plagued the tournament MM machines prior and the new MM to Tue right. Flippers seemed weak.
    The person playing to the left completed their game so I jumped to the new MM on the left and immediately it felt great. By far my fave of the show and now I'm about to research the availability and pricing of the MM remakes as I really want one , I'm not even up to date on the .models to be produced , pricing , availability, etc but if there is a basic model (no need for color DMD or special trim) that I can afford , that's me!
    I only played the machine on the left once but that's all I needed, in fact I had a great game which went on forever, the guy from The Pinball arcade the beard hung out to watch most of my game , I did very well as the game just clicked for me, it was only none of 4 games over the show which I received a hi score and was able to enter my initials which is a big deal for me around machines played constantly by mostly very good players as I hardly ever get to play and I'm normally not all that good , ha.

My wife has wanted a Metallica Premium road case badly for quite some time and as soon as I can find one NIB for $6200 or less will buy it then MM remake is next , I hope anyway (will have to sell our only game FT).

Anyway I'm so appreciative of the TPF and its volunteers for allowing us the chance to play soany great games this year!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

we were short one or two 10-520/10-521 springs, which I think were to be sent but may or may not have gotten there. I know that one of those springs were damaged on one of the games, so we were scrambling to get one and I had already taken off to bring them with me ...
    rick

They were probably hanging out with my bag of Metallica snake fangs. We forgot to pack one of most popular products and had them shipped overnight. Finally found them at the front desk, which they said were there the whole time.

#18 10 years ago

yeah, probably ours were sitting around for awhile as well ... oh well, at least it gives people something to post (hundreds of times!) about ... lol

rick

#19 10 years ago

I had never played the game. However, after playing it 3 times I just wanted to keep getting in line and playing over & over. I am getting real nervous paying all theses deposits down on a game and seeing if the company can hit the delivery dates. However, I jumped all over this game as soon as I played it! This is a blast and my wife loved it. That sure helped me out in buying one….

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/videos-of-mmr-at-texas-pinball-festival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.