Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

STLE footage from SPF. Includes the Starfield Projector, "Crashing" Vengeance ship, VUK, etc...

Ron...

#2 6 years ago

This being the first time seeing the ship “Crashing,” I must say I am disappointed, only a minimal difference(it tilts down). It is a great looking game, thanks for sharing Ron

#3 6 years ago

lol, it's like a dead roach when it's just hanging there "crashed".

#4 6 years ago

I do believe that about sums it up Frax

#5 6 years ago

This being the first public showing there is a lot of stuff not implemented. The lighting in the speaker grills and the flashers in the backbox are not working yet and who knows what else the new code will bring to gameplay and other features.

#6 6 years ago

So you are thinking the ship will do a whole bunch more than it currently does when more code comes out....only so much you can do with the possible movement it has

#7 6 years ago

Still the best light show ever! Disappointed in some of the features but know from playing the pro I will not be disappointed with my LE. It is a fun fast game and will bring many many hours of enjoyment.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This being the first public showing there is a lot of stuff not implemented. The lighting in the speaker grills and the flashers in the backbox are not working yet and who knows what else the new code will bring to gameplay and other features.

There are no lights except flashers behind the speakers and side emblems. The light coming through the emblems on the side of the backbox is from the fluorescent bulb. The backbox looks awesome but the speakers are pretty weak. I've already talked to Steve @ Pinball Refinery and he is on the task!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually, I took a very close look at the STLE at the SPF and I honestly thought that the backbox speaker lights were indeed lit, but since the game was right by the "front door" the soft blue lights were hard to see. However, the blue lights under the Star Trek (Zefram Cochrane warp signature) emblem on the side of the backbox glowed well.

Over all I really liked the game and felt that the lighting effects were fantastic, the sounds very nice (they actually got my adrenaline gowing which is rare for a pin to do that to me) and well tied into the shaker motor, and the modes nicely done. I even liked the red disco star field (my cat would have a seisure, I think), yet I was a little underwhelmed with the speed as I felt it was slow. However the last issue may have been an artifact of the game legs being set all the way down and that the game had been to IAAPA and the SPF over 6 days when I finally had a chance to play.

As for the crash effect, I was actually okay with it and was happy that it did not get too close to the play field. Overall, while it would be nice if the ship did more (not sure what that might mean), I felt it was the next step beyond AFM (taking nothing away from that game).

I am also looking forward to future updates as well as the new speech power pack Mr. Urban and Mr. Stern noted is coming. Yet I already feel that ST is well along in its fun and reminds me of TRON (lighting and good code), SM, and a bit of ST:TNG (but for me in a better way as I like the reboot series more).

#10 6 years ago

When did the starfield projector turn on? I watched it and must have missed it.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsRfun:

in other videos it was with the klingons multiball/battle.

#12 6 years ago

Glad I decided to pull my LE order and wait. I think once again the pro is the most game for the $$. Now I just have to wait and see if they polish the code one more time before placing an order.

Scott

#13 6 years ago

Kinda surprised with the 'stop and go' stuff. The ball lock\release seem to drag on. Not really what I was expecting but it can probably be tweaked with software.

#14 6 years ago

thank you for the video!!

#15 6 years ago

Stern did a great job on the cabinet aesthetics. Everything else is so ordinary. Whew...a kickback. yawn.

Software could once again save the day, who knows...

#16 6 years ago

I have played the pro model and love how it plays. Once code is complete, I think this will be a winner.

The LE looks like a lot of cool cosmetic details have been added. I think this machine will look amazing with mirror blades!!!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Stern did a great job on the cabinet aesthetics. Everything else is so ordinary. Whew...a kickback. yawn.
Software could once again save the day, who knows...

I have been told that I am easy to please...

#18 6 years ago

LOL, I guess Hazoff must be a STLE owner since he's all butthurt enough to thumbs down me without so much as even a comment. I guess I'm also not allowed to have my own opinion about what it looks like.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I have been told that I am easy to please...

If you say so...i understand it's easy to get excited about license.

#20 6 years ago

During Klingon Multiball.

Ron...

Quoted from PinsRfun:

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

LOL, I guess Hazoff must be a STLE owner since he's all butthurt enough to thumbs down me without so much as even a comment. I guess I'm also not allowed to have my own opinion about what it looks like.

Let's just even that out for you ...I got a few from him too

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Growing trend. I've noticed that a lot from A LOT of pinsiders. They thumbs down your opinion but don't offer up their own opinion. One reason I put no merit at all in the whole thumbs up and thumbs down part (really should be removed if you ask me). Seems like if you disagree with someone that much that you would offer up why you disagree. What am I thinking, this isn't a discussion forum, oh wait..... It is.

As for STLE. Looks like a beautiful machine. I'll have to wait till I play to pass judgement but it does seem like the Pro is the way to go unless this is a must have theme for you. Just not a lot of game play changes between the two to make the $$$ worth it to jump to the LE unless you love the theme or want to take the risk and buy as an investment.

I do like the trend Stern seems to be going down now. Pro and LE play pretty close to the same. LE has more bling.

#23 6 years ago

The starfield thingy actually looked pretty cool. The wobbling ship didn't do much for me. Not sure what else it CAN do...

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If you say so...i understand it's easy to get excited about license.

Not in this case for me as I had a ST:TNG and sold it after 1.5 years. I thought it was a good title, I did not mind the theme, but grew a bit bored with it. I just like the reboot better as a theme.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The starfield thingy actually looked pretty cool.

"Oh my god, it's full of stars" 2001 SPACE ODYSSEY

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The starfield thingy actually looked pretty cool. The wobbling ship didn't do much for me. Not sure what else it CAN do...

I was thinking this as well. In a thread about the first video stern released (the disco lights thread) I expressed a fairly negative set of thoughts regarding the laser lights, as they frankly looked like crap in that video.

I have to say this video has me convinced the laser might be a very neat touch to the game - it looked 10 times better than in Sterns video. Can't wait to see it in person.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Can't wait to see it in person.

Yes!....just gotta find one now....

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes!....just gotta find one now....

My buddies is apparently showing up Friday. You're on your own I'm afraid

#29 6 years ago

I'm sure one will show up in Jersey pretty soon....

#30 6 years ago

Just pulled the trigger on an LE, when the pictures first came out I was disappointed (didn’t care for the playfield art and just found the whole machine underwhelming). However, after seeing the game in person I have to say the LE is absolutely stunning. There are a lot of cosmetic extras that really make the game pop. The code does seem shallow at this point compared to ACDC, but I have a feeling SR will make sure ST gets the attention it deserves.

I think this game was pumped up for so long and the anticipation was so high that people were bound to be disappointed regardless of what the machine was. I know I had preconceived notions as to what I wanted ST to be. I was ready to be disappointed with it, but was pleasantly surprised after I played it. ST is much more fun to play than it is to watch.

I can’t wait to start MODing this one, have several ideas already.

#31 6 years ago

Good call. I'm really enjoying mine. Very hard game to walk away from.

#32 6 years ago

Just got mine it is incredible. I wasn't sure what to expect from the star field projector but it's actually very cool. Best pin for me to date.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just got mine it is incredible. I wasn't sure what to expect from the star field projector but it's actually very cool. Best pin for me to date.

Quoted from Frax:

Your assertions were correct

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

OK, here's a comment for ya, I can thumb down anything I want that's why it's there. Don't post if you can't handle a thumbs down. R U getting a ST LE if you are not and going by gameplay footage rather than in person play the comment you made is stupid to begin with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside