Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MikeS
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Some HD prototype footage from this year's Expo. Enjoy!!

Ron...

The Big Lebowski
The Hobbit
Full Throttle
Wrath of Olympus

#2 9 years ago

Nice TY Ron

#3 9 years ago

Wasn't there supposed to be a big figure in the back of the Full Throttle game? The 'Villain" guy?

#4 9 years ago

Anything on the P3?

#5 9 years ago

First video is seriously disabled for me cause SME content? boooo

Hobbit seemed really big and open with everything crammed into the top. Need to play it for a final opinion, but doesn't look super fun based on the video. It's like making AFM a widebody, just not necessary

Olympus looks pretty dang cool. That apron doesn't match the rest of the awesome art though. It looks really cheesy and cheap

#6 9 years ago

Ha...Josh didn't look like he was having too much fun on Hobbit.

#7 9 years ago

You should be able to click the "Watch on YouTube" hyperlink under the warning message. Blame the music used in the game. The video is actually disabled in Germany!!

Quoted from jrivelli:

First video is seriously disabled for me cause SME content? boooo
Hobbit seemed really big and open with everything crammed into the top. Need to play it for a final opinion, but doesn't look super fun based on the video. It's like making AFM a widebody, just not necessary
Olympus looks pretty dang cool. That apron doesn't match the rest of the awesome art though. It looks really cheesy and cheap

#8 9 years ago

Didn't get footage of the P3, sorry. My arm was getting tired from holding the camcorder :^)

Ron...

#9 9 years ago

I thought this was the best video to date on the hobbit. To me it looked very promising. I like what I see. Room for some add ons and changes but looks good to me.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I thought this was the best video to date on the hobbit. To me it looked very promising. I like what I see. Room for some add ons and changes but looks good to me.

I thought the video of Hobbit made it look boring as hell to play but in all fairness to JJP the game has infant code on it and will likely be much more exciting when it's completely programmed. I remember how boring WOZ looked when it was just Emerald City Multiball and people just shot the ramp over and over. Now that the software is done, WOZ is a great game!

With that being said there are some design flaws with Hobbit that will be difficult to mask with software. The biggest being the useless upper-right flipper. You would think that after the worthless UR flipper on WOZ they would learn but apparently they haven't. The other thing is that symmetrical playfields create the illusion of less shots because both the left and right ramp/orbit shots are essentially the same. It just could have used more creativity in the shot layout. There's no way a great designer like Ritchie, Lawlor, Trudeau or Nordman would allow a playfield design like this to come out. Luckily JJP has Keefer to bail them out as he could make a cardboard box with lights fun to play!

#11 9 years ago

I thought I saw too many people get rejected by the steep left ramp on TBL, but the video makes it look make-able from either flipper.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I thought the video of Hobbit made it look boring as hell to play but in all fairness to JJP the game has infant code on it and will likely be much more exciting when it's completely programmed. I remember how boring WOZ looked when it was just Emerald City Multiball and people just shot the ramp over and over. Now that the software is done, WOZ is a great game!
With that being said there are some design flaws with Hobbit that will be difficult to mask with software. The biggest being the useless upper-right flipper. You would think that after the worthless UR flipper on WOZ they would learn but apparently they haven't. The other thing is that symmetrical playfields create the illusion of less shots because both the left and right ramp/orbit shots are essentially the same. It just could have used more creativity in the shot layout. There's no way a great designer like Ritchie, Lawlor, Trudeau or Nordman would allow a playfield design like this to come out. Luckily JJP has Keefer to bail them out as he could make a cardboard box with lights fun to play!

U nailed it. The WOZ got slammed and it's one of my favs. When this is released and I have mine I will 100% give my true thoughts. Right now it's still in development and not finished. It does look unfinished right now so I do hope more things will be added.

#13 9 years ago

It's funny to see the ball not only get stuck but the game swearing at you for almost tilting. LOL

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

You should be able to click the "Watch on YouTube" hyperlink under the warning message. Blame the music used in the game. The video is actually disabled in Germany!!

Oh for sure, got it to play. Wasn't on you, just that YT makes me frustrated at times

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd bet the windlass shot from the left outlane/kickback shoots the ball right to the UR flipper and you have to shoot the hole behind the left two targets to kill Smaug. That's just the insane kind of combo shot that KJ would program: hard as hell, but what a great feeling when it pays off!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd bet the windlass shot from the left outlane/kickback shoots the ball right to the UR flipper and you have to shoot the hole behind the left two targets to kill Smaug. That's just the insane kind of combo shot that KJ would program: hard as hell, but what a great feeling when it pays off!

That would be a fantastic idea if true! Got to give that flipper some kind of unique purpose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-prototypes-from-2014-expo-big-lebowski-hobbit-more and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.