(Topic ID: 61248)

VIDEO: Pinbot Cup IFPA Final on Last Action Hero (with commentary).

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Here is the long await FINALS VIDEO from the Arcade House Party. Featured here is Xerico Pinball VS Jon Drew on Last Action Hero for the PINBOT CUP. Both players in the IFPA top 200. A long video, but you may enjoy. Thanks to Piotr Mokry for the footage.

#2 10 years ago

Thanks for posting it!

#3 10 years ago

If you watch the whole thing lemme know, you get a prize. lol

#4 10 years ago

I just watched the whole thing.

Nothing like reliving every mistake.

My last game was so unworthy of a finals game.

What prize do I win?

Marcus

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I just watched the whole thing.
Nothing like reliving every mistake.
My last game was so unworthy of a finals game.
What prize do I win?
Marcus

For watching the whole show you get +1 karma points and free oil changes for a year. Congrats.

#6 10 years ago

15:38 is totally BRUTAL. Had that happen to me on AC/DC. Never again without shaking the shit out of the machine.

#7 10 years ago

What format did you use for that first game? Each player plays 2 games and you have to win both?

#8 10 years ago

Looks like it was a blast. Have another one soon!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

What format did you use for that first game? Each player plays 2 games and you have to win both?

Hoping that Xerico will chime in here with the answer to that one. He ran the tournament.

#10 10 years ago

The format was a four player game. Each player played two games of the four.

The top two scores earned a point. The bottom two scores scored zero points.

In order to win the match, a player needed 2 points.

So if one player had the top two scores, he wins the match because he earned 2 points.

If each player had one of the top two scores, then a second round was played because each player earned 1 point.

A two player, "Sudden Death", game was used to decide a tie after the first match.

The winner of the "Sudden Death" game wins the match.

Marcus

#11 10 years ago

I had never seen that format and thought it was very interesting. I'm all for more pinball! Great video. Hope someone around here will do something similar someday. Congrats on what looked like a great event!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

I had never seen that format and thought it was very interesting. I'm all for more pinball! Great video. Hope someone around here will do something similar someday. Congrats on what looked like a great event!

The format was created to offer an alternative to double elimination tournaments which can take a long, long time to complete. The entire tournament took roughly 4 hours. I have had smaller tournaments take almost twice as long with typical double elimination brackets.

It was well received at the party and I hope to use it again at some future tournaments where we have a large turn out like the Arcade House Party.

Marcus

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

The format was created to offer an alternative to double elimination tournaments which can take a long, long time to complete. The entire tournament took roughly 4 hours. I have had smaller tournaments take almost twice as long with typical double elimination brackets.
It was well received at the party and I hope to use it again at some future tournaments where we have a large turn out like the Arcade House Party.
Marcus

For sure.

When you have a tournament with 60+ players and you have less than 8 hours to get it done... this is a great solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-pinbot-cup-ifpa-final-on-last-action-hero-with-commentary and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.