Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CodyF
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Virtual pinball, hyper pin what do you think”

• It's great! 32 votes
      33%
    • Not bad.... 33 votes
      34%
    • hate it. 20 votes
      21%
    • havnt tried it but really want to. 7 votes
      7%
    • havnt tried it and dont want to. 5 votes
      5%
    • never heard of it. 0 votes

(97 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Solar_Wars_PF.jpg
    IMG_3881.jpg
    VP_Flyer_2.jpg
    VP_Flyer.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Different game everyday, that's my motto ... Well as far as my Hyperpin and VP go in my badass cab made by ... Mark non I think? Is that right? Love it still need to figure it all out, have sound issue on some games? Anyways... Close enough on votes I would say a strong 6 1/2 out of ten from voters...

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't run windows 8 tho and heard it has a lot of glitches with Hyperpin,

It has no glitches. Vp and fp seem to perform better in windows 8 than they did on windows 7.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

I was gonna say awesome, but I thought you meant this Video Pinball:

Related to your post, Saw this at PPM on Friday: IMG_3881.jpgIMG_3881.jpg

Apparently, a prototype of a game Atari never released. Same type of set up as "Video Pinball", different sounds, target lay out and "play-feild" (viewed thru half mirror in front of the CRT).
    This thing was in great shape, but the screen and mirror needed to be cleaned, probably could needed a new black light, and the sound was iffy (would go in and out), probably because of a bad wire to the speaker in the moving control panel.

#55 11 years ago

I haven't built a cab for mine yet but I've been playing with a 24" and 19" back glass just resting on my desk recently and it's lots of fun for someone who can't afford to dump so much money into multiple pins and top rated tables. I've only put around 40 tables on mine and found that that's plenty and most of the missing ones don't look right or just look plain bad graphic wise. It doesn't feel like a real pin but it's still a lot of fun.

#56 11 years ago

This is the play field (located in the top of the cabinet behind the "Solar War" marquee area of the front glass) as you look upward into the cabinet.

Solar_Wars_PF.jpgSolar_Wars_PF.jpg

This picture is upside down and mirror imaged to make it easier to view. The play-field would actually be at the top of this picture.

#57 11 years ago

"Not bad" is my vote.

Nothing beats a real bat and ball. The computer simulated 3D flat screens are interesting. But I'd rather experience the real thing versus simulations.

Taken to the extreme example, I'd prefer to actually have a wonderful and great time, laughing and having fun with friends over a beer than controlling a computer which only simulates the group in 3D.
    Secondlife.com comes to mind.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from SteveFury:

"Not bad" is my vote.
    Nothing beats a real bat and ball. The computer simulated 3D flat screens are interesting. But I'd rather experience the real thing versus simulations.
    Taken to the extreme example, I'd prefer to actually have a wonderful and great time, laughing and having fun with friends over a beer than controlling a computer which only simulates the group in 3D.
    Secondlife.com comes to mind.

Personally I agree its more fun with the real thing, but the secondlife comparison makes no sense to me, a virtual pin is still a real physical device that you can play with friends over a beer with laughing and fun.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Personally I agree its more fun with the real thing, but the secondlife comparison makes no sense to me, a virtual pin is still a real physical device that you can play with friends over a beer with laughing and fun.

I agree, sometimes I am poor to articulate and I do not mean to equate SL to VP. A simulation will only be imitating a real thing. It may not matter to some or even most people whether something is real or not. Simulators are not my cup of tea.

If I visit a game room and see a row of pins versus a simulator, you'll find me at the real deals. If the simulation is the only option then I'll play a few pixels.

#60 11 years ago

Just as a side note, don't Google pfx2

#61 11 years ago

Pinball FX2 is fantastic, though. The games are great fun (though the free Windows 8 Mars table is not the best), neat rules, and I really like the progression of Epic Hero. If you have an iPhone/iPad they have Zen Pinball (The iPhone version of PFX2, same company, same tables) which comes with one free table, Sorcerer's Layer, which is not stripped down at all but very full featured and a blast to play.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-pinball-awesome-or-not-so-awesome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.