5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arakissun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballRusch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So if the subject like didn’t already cause a major uproar I would love some feedback on “gasp” video pinball machines. I have seen a couple for sale (mostly on the coasts... like everything else) so I’m hoping to get some decent feedback on what folks think of them.

I get they are not “real” machines and a lot of the feedback you get from the real machines are likely absent from a vid-pin. However, I have four kids (age 4-10) that all love pinball and I’m down to two machines. The for sale market in Iowa is a bit scarce and the prices I’ve been seeing in the last year have gotten to absolutely insane.

So looking for some feedback on what to look for, what the maintenance on the software is and some of the pros/cons are.

If there is an existing thread on this please point me in that direction as I searched quite a bit and didn’t see one.

Thanks gang!

#4 5 years ago

Thanks Luckydogg. I read through quite a bit of your build from the link you sent. I think that will be more project than I can get into at this time but the detail you captured in the story is perfect for someone that wants to give it a go. I think I could even make it work if I made it a priority.

So with the couple replies here it sounds like it’s a reasonable option knowing it’s not the “real deal”. I had another localism guy tell me they are prone to problems. As it’s computer based... I have no doubt but did chuckle a bit because I don’t know any pinball machine that is “trouble free”. Would love to try one out sometime.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballRusch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-pinball-advice?tu=PinballRusch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.