Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dyopp21
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockwell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

I dig these! Would definitely grab some to try out.

Here's a crazy idea...

Would it be possible to design these with thru-hole solder points, then attach pins. Then you could crimp and stuff the lamp wires into housings to create a solderless connection?

Sounds like more work than is perhaps necessary. But maybe has some advantages?

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

I know some people are scared of soldering, but these are SO simple to solder with the large pads. A solderless connection, I feel, would open you back up to a problematic connection over the long run. There IS an empty through hole connection and a surface mount connection for those that want to add resistors etc. in parallel to the bulb to stop flickering on the original Bally boards.

For sure. I agree soldering is still best, just throwing a dumb idea out there I recall from a previous post that you added the thru-holes for the resistor, thought that was a nice touch. Looking forward to trying these out!

#12 2 years ago

If you wanted to swap the LED color, would it be as simple as replacing the LED component? Since it's surface-mount, that is still delicate...but, nothing else would be required?

Not that I have extra SMD LEDs laying around, but you never know

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockwell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-of-bally-socketless-led-boards-installed-in-paragon?tu=rockwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.