(Topic ID: 256650)

video modes... The complete list

By Diospinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Which one counts for Lethal Weapon 3?

Pulling the trigger on cue during a video sequence?
    The fist fight where you just turbo tap the flipper buttons?
    The shootout where you shoot the thug while the ball is in play?
    The shooting gallery where you pull the trigger when its a bad guy on the target? Are you supposed to shoot the cow on this one?

#53 4 years ago

I don’t see shadow listed - Pluerba

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from adaman25:

No fear has Motocross racing video mode.

Three different tracks. Daytona, Silverdome, and my favorite, Anaheim.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Fair enough , I'm glad you enjoy it , I just thought it had the potential to be so much more .

I've never played that mode ever. Only played JJP POTC two times at teh same convention(I would have played more, but it was always busy and I don't wait for games. I hop on games as soon as they're available to maximize playing time).

But, I would bet they put it as they did, because don't you get to sink ships with the canon in the actual pinball. So I think they didn't want to repeat themselves. As it kind of is a bit silly to have a video mode where you fire a canon and then have it as a cool toy, with a better animation in game.
    And there is the problem with a video mode. You want it to be unique, fun and fast, but also at the same time you don't want to take away from any of the actual modes in the game. When done right, I think they're amazing. When done wrong, we all agree its best that the game shouldn't have one.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

Which one counts for Lethal Weapon 3?
    Pulling the trigger on cue during a video sequence?
    The fist fight where you just turbo tap the flipper buttons?
    The shootout where you shoot the thug while the ball is in play?
    The shooting gallery where you pull the trigger when its a bad guy on the target? Are you supposed to shoot the cow on this one?

All of them count. My favorite is the deadmeat one where you shot shot the guy to bits.

#57 4 years ago

I think Space Jam has a Basketball throwing videomode if I am not mistaken.

#58 4 years ago

I am not sure it's mentioned but Stern Star Wars was a gyruss style video mode where you drive there millennium falcon through an asteroid debris field. I believe the ship is controlled right to left with the flipper buttons and you can increase your acceleration by using the center button. Pretty cool addition that I see talked about little.

#59 4 years ago

Super Mario Brother Mushroom World

#60 4 years ago

What about small parts in a game that force you to use say the plunger (a gun) like in GoldenEye where you have to pull the trigger to shoot down the guards on the DMD all while maintaining ball control.

Thanks
    Blake

#61 4 years ago

What about skill shot video modes like DE Star Wars and DE Jurassic Park? Similar to the LW3 style video modes, of course you're not doing it while a ball is in play.

#62 4 years ago

getaway

#63 4 years ago

Rob Zombie has a video mode in Dragula.
    After you spell Dragula it turns into a driving video game on the DMD where steer left and right to run over demons, monsters witches etc.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

What about skill shot video modes like DE Star Wars and DE Jurassic Park? Similar to the LW3 style video modes, of course you're not doing it while a ball is in play.

Well some of those are the skill shot, that I think you're talking about. Skill shots don't count. Some of those games you listed do have video modes though.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Rob Zombie has a video mode in Dragula.
    After you spell Dragula it turns into a driving video game on the DMD where steer left and right to run over demons, monsters witches etc.

That sounds like a fun mode. I've never, ever, EVER been able to get on to a rob zombie. It's been in the free area at three different expos I went to, but always people were on it. Right when I think it would open up, someone got on it, and I have a rule where I don't wait for a game to open up. I move to the next free one. So while many people call the game a stinker, every expo I've been to with one, its gotten a lot of plays and been busy.

Hope to play that mode one day.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

What about small parts in a game that force you to use say the plunger (a gun) like in GoldenEye where you have to pull the trigger to shoot down the guards on the DMD all while maintaining ball control.
    Thanks
    Blake

That sounds like some of the shooting in LW3 and sounds like the blowing out the bomb in rocky and bullwinkle. I'd have to see the mode or section. But, it could fit the criteria. A shame video modes are hard to locate.

I was able to see thanks to PAPA Pinball the Elvis and Batman Forever video modes. The Elvis was interesting, but I really liked the Batman Forever mode.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

That sounds like some of the shooting in LW3 and sounds like the blowing out the bomb in rocky and bullwinkle. I'd have to see the mode or section. But, it could fit the criteria. A shame video modes are hard to locate.
    I was able to see thanks to PAPA Pinball the Elvis and Batman Forever video modes. The Elvis was interesting, but I really liked the Batman Forever mode.

I'll see if I can't capture a small vid at some point here in the near future.

thanks
    Blake

#68 4 years ago

Bride of Pinbot 2.0

#69 4 years ago

Did anybody mention Maverick yet?

There is a video mode where you play Black Jack.

EDIT: Went back and read and saw the someone mentioned it already.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maverick - play blackjack for points and to re-light kickback

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Bride of Pinbot 2.0

That conversation kit just scares me... I know the rules are more than a bit broken with the billion shot and all. I've yet to get it... But, I've come close...ish...

There are some things I find really amazing about the code and what they did, and some things I don't like at all about it.

I hate to say I'm a purist. But, I think for my collection I'd prefer the original.
    But, I have never played 2.0 myself. And I would be interested. I just watched streams of it being played.

But, more to your point. This isn't about me, or how I feel. So I can go to hell!!!!

Could you tell me more about mode? Is it good, crap, or just alright?

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

That conversation kit just scares me... I know the rules are more than a bit broken with the billion shot and all. I've yet to get it... But, I've come close...ish...
    There are some things I find really amazing about the code and what they did, and some things I don't like at all about it.
    I hate to say I'm a purist. But, I think for my collection I'd prefer the original.
    But, I have never played 2.0 myself. And I would be interested. I just watched streams of it being played.
    But, more to your point. This isn't about me, or how I feel. So I can go to hell!!!!
    Could you tell me more about mode? Is it good, crap, or just alright?

It's alright, but I'm not big on video modes in the first place. It's basically an obstacle course. You steer some kind of space vehicle right and left collecting coins for parts. The levels get progressively harder. When you log into your Dutch Pinball account, you can even design your own courses.

1 week later
    #72 4 years ago

Was watching Bowen's Papa tutorial on Indianapolis 500 and I got to see the video mode for that one. That mode looks pretty cool, but the game looks even better. Honestly the theme does nothing for me. But, it looks like one heck of a game, and next time I see one I'm going to play it! And of course I will hope to get the video mode.

#73 4 years ago

Data East Star Trek
    "Video Mode" - where you attempt shoot 10 ships (Klingon, Romulan, and Talosian) using the launch button.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Data East Star Trek
    "Video Mode" - where you attempt shoot 10 ships (Klingon, Romulan, and Talosian) using the launch button.

Is this just the plunge? Or is it a real mode?

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Is this just the plunge? Or is it a real mode?

real mode

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

It's alright, but I'm not big on video modes in the first place. It's basically an obstacle course. You steer some kind of space vehicle right and left collecting coins for parts. The levels get progressively harder. When you log into your Dutch Pinball account, you can even design your own courses.

I love 2.0 but I think the video mode is lame. I had no idea though that you can design your own courses !

#77 4 years ago

Damn... Wish I could see that mode in question. I've only played it one time in person and I played it a few times virtually. Don't think I ever got the video mode on it.
    Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who has live streamed this game.

Edit... Got lucky... Somebody posted a tutorial for this game from their cellphone on youtube. They got to video mode and I could see it. Not the best video mode. In fact, I'd say it barely qualifies. But, its a video mode and its still not the worst I've ever seen. So it counts and I'll add it to the master list.
    Thanks for the input guys!

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

I love 2.0 but I think the video mode is lame. I had no idea though that you can design your own courses !

Sold mine yesterday

I was torn, but I had it 4 years. A good run. Time for something new. I did get to metamorphosis on Friday for the first time for a 200M score!

#79 4 years ago

So I was able to find a video of the no fear video mode. Was wondering if anyone knew if there were more than one track for the video mode. In the game it says the name of the track before the mode starts. Just curious is all. Not that it really matters.

#80 4 years ago

I believe there are 3

#81 4 years ago

Ohhhh... And I think I heard some scuttlebutt but Stern's Stranger Things might have a video mode... I'm not certain. I was watching the stream. And I think there was some chatter about it in the chat. And then of course stern and Dan Danger played it coy... But, then the chat I think said that it was in the mystery rewards option.
    I think I will go and rewatch the stream and see if I can see for myself. I wasn't really paying attention too much as I focused on my meal.

Edit... Just rewatched it... Well... Skimmed through it via the timeline preview and I confirmed that reward 16: is a video mode.
    We'll see if it sucks or if its a good mode.
    I know some people think all video modes suck. But, as I said before. I do like them. And Stern has a decent batting percentage lately. Don't Cross the Streams and the Star Wars ones were good, while GOT is possibly the worst one ever! And Dwight seems proud of that fact. Would have been nice if instead of arguing with Ritchie he would have found a way to work with him and not make the mode suck.
    But... That's my insight into a story that he just hinted at... So, maybe he did his best... But, the mode really does suck, and the game would be better without it.

3 months later
    #82 4 years ago

Championship Pub has 2 maybe 3
    Poker
    Spit catching

And the controversial is the Skill Shot on the screen a video mode? We would argue yes.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-modes-the-complete-list/page/2?hl=hertig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.