Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yesh23
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Do any new games offer video modes anymore? If not what was the last game that offered a video mode? On another note, Black Rose had 3 different video modes, are there any machines with more than that?

#2 4 years ago

Ghostbusters has 2

#3 4 years ago

RZ has the 8-bit style Dragula game with an 8-bit version of the Dragula track. It's one of the reward options for completing the Dragula mode, but you can also go for a multi ball instead.

#4 4 years ago

I watched a guy on location play the “Simon says” type video mode on CV for Like 4 minutes. He must’ve had a sequence of about 25 going. I’ve never seen anyone get that far! Does it just go endlessly until you mess up?

#5 4 years ago

My attack from mars has a video mode that you have to shoot down attacking space ships. If you shoot them all and destroy the mother ship, the next time you get video mode they drop cows at you that you have to shoot. Its still the same set up but makes me wonder how many different items they will throw at you. Its hard to get 1 video mode let alone multiples.
    My all time favorite pin video mode has got to be torpedo the water skiing people in fishtales

#6 4 years ago

Star Wars has one

#7 4 years ago

Junkyard has some good ones (shoot Spike with toast!) but for me WMS Indy has the best (and most varied) video modes in all of pinball - Raven Bar, Mine Cart, and Choose Wisely.

#8 4 years ago

snarf

#9 4 years ago

Define video mode. If you mean you have to watch the screen and press buttons then The Hobbit (amongst others) would qualify.
    1.) To fire the wind lance (power gauge on LCD) use the ring button
    2.) Gollum ball save - (gauge on LCD) use the ring button

JP2 (from videos I've watched) also has video modes.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

On another note, Black Rose had 3 different video modes, are there any machines with more than that?

Wms Indiana Jones has a bunch!

#11 4 years ago

Congo has a few I believe.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Define video mode. If you mean you have to watch the screen and press buttons then The Hobbit (amongst others) would qualify.
    1.) To fire the wind lance (power gauge on LCD) use the ring button
    2.) Gollum ball save - (gauge on LCD) use the ring button
    JP2 (from videos I've watched) also has video modes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-modes-in-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.