(Topic ID: 17753)

"video gaming dying" link (but pinball is coming back folks)

By playernumber4

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 11 years ago

The article actually makes valid points.

The only thing I'd add is that we're also creeping to the end of this generation with the next being hinted at in the horizon (the article mentions this gen hanging for a tad longer than usual). The industry shakes itself up violently sometime between this time until a year or two into the new gen. Everyone complains about cash/sales issues and blames this, that or the other to explain their future mass lay offs and change in direction. At least, this phenomenon is what I've experienced since the transition to the PS1/Saturn era.

Then again...the only constant in the video game industry is change.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Garrett said:Chudmeat said:goatdan said:there are a ton of cheap early SS and EM titles that I think are just as much if not more fun than newer ones that you can get for $500 or less all day.
    Please show me where they are listed because CL and ebay all show $1000 and more for early SS and EMs.
    Patience and they are there. I had a Bally Space Time EM for sale on Craig's List for $500. I picked up a Gottlieb EM Cleopatra for $380 off of E-Bay. Those deals are not common but they are still possible.
    They are def there. I paid $300 for HS, $350 for Time Machine(DE), $400 for transporter, $500 for ninja turtles. All CL, eBay and estate sales. The deal is you have to be dedicated and look your a$$ off. Check CL 50 times a day and be at the estate sales 20in before they open. When the good deals surface their gone in 10 min. If you look once or twice a day the deal came and gone and you never even know you missed it.
    The console games can be beat. In a day or two many of them. Once you beat them their no fun. My kids have so many games that cost 50-60$ that they beat in a weekend it makes me sick. Once it's been beat it sits on a shelf forever. Pins are not that way. Short of completing wizard mode(I've never done it) you just beat your own high scores, or my wife's high scores. That dosent get old so easy because competition in added into the factor. Then when you are done with the console game try selling it for what you have into it. Not going to happen. Pins hold there value to a point.

Vids are only like that if there is no good multiplayer mode (or the game just straight up sucks). I definitely recommend buying used unless it has a big, active multiplayer component that the kids are aching to leap into ASAP. A good competitive multiplayer centric video game is as addictive as any pinball machine...believe it or not.

...or tell your kids to buy their own damned 60 dollar video games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-gaming-dying-link-but-pinball-is-coming-back-folks?tu=sosage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.