Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Billy-Mitchell-Tattoo.jpg
    ScreenShot2014-01-19at7_24_23PM_crop_north.png
    84139445.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

You are comparing apples and oranges. Old arcade games such as Asteroids offer challenges that Pinball does not. Some of the biggest games in modern day that are really challenging are more team based games such as "League of Legends". Pinball adds an element of physicality such as nudging and other various aspects. When Pinball players say arcade games require little to no skill I never understand it.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from DragonPin:

Some great thoughts here, really got me thinking. I guess saying video games is a bit of a broad generalization. I guess I was musing about my general lack of enthusiasm towards modern console games, and games as a hobby. Pinball as a hobby has really sucked me in, and my motivation to get better and increase my skill as a player is something that I don't feel toward video games anymore. I am a developer so maybe that is part of it. I will always love video games as a medium, and it has the advantage of constantly evolving, VR on the horizon is pretty exciting.

I wholly agree that games of today are getting more easier with every decade. There is that fine balance between difficulty and fun though. I got sucked into the Pinball hobby about 2 years ago because I discovered arcade's still exist, Pinball is more of a social game with people in real life, and just so many more things.

Off-topic here but VR will never take off in my opinion. They have made films, consoles, and even games on it and it hasn't paid off. They keep trying 3D as well and probably in the future, smell-o-vision as well.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Never say never! The tech will catch up with the concepts sooner or later (probably sooner than later) and 3D/VR will be the rule, not the exception.

Only time I see it taking off is at a arcade settings but seeing as that business is limited and how people abuse even Terminator: Salvation machines guns (hang them up please) I don't see it taking off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-games-require-little-skill-unlike-pinball?tu=hool10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.