View topic image gallery

zp1zs.jpg
Dragons-Lair-Front-page-550x330.png
minestorm01.png
800px-Vectrex-Console-Set.jpg
megaman2-54.jpg
megaman-531.jpg
duke.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

To be honest, I would LOVE for either Stern or Jersey Jack to make a video game themed pinball. Think about all the successful franchises out there and how much juice they have to work with.

1). Legend of Zelda
2). Super Mario
3). Castlevania
4). Metal Gear Solid
5). Resident Evil

I'd throw Final Fantasy in there, but the franchises has geared so much off track that they would have to consider sticking to the old school games like FF2, FF3, FF7 and FF10. In my opinion, a lot to work with and all would pose big challenges just because of how much material/stories there are. Just think about Legend of Zelda and how crazy that pinball could be.

But, the sad truth is that this is probably more of a fantasy for me than anything else. Could Stern or even Jersey Jack pull off a video game themed pinball?

#2 9 years ago

I've said for years my dream theme would be Legend of Zelda.

Think of how great the music would be and so many possibilities for toys!

#3 9 years ago

Just basing a pinball off of *Link to the Past* would be enough. Just picture a widebody with the playfield in shape of the map (half regular world, half dark world). Have the mountains in the back sort of like White Water, and work from there. Secret caves, boss toys, crazy ass DMD battles, really the possibilites are endless!

#4 9 years ago

You know, I just thought of it now. They could even create a Call of Duty Modern Warefare pinball, or Gears of Wars. I mean Black Ops 2 was the biggest selling game in history. Imagine a pinball machine? But I'd prefer to stick to some Nintendo classics .

#6 9 years ago

Paper Boy

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Could Stern or even Jersey Jack pull off a video game themed pinball?

Stern did BBH a few years ago. I would buy any Nintendo themed game.

#8 9 years ago

This guy was making a Castlevania game but he has not updated his blog in awhile.

http://castlevaniapinball.blogspot.com.au/

#9 9 years ago

Gottleib's Gladiators was originally going to be Legend of Zelda. Oh well.

#10 9 years ago

How about a Wreck it Ralph pin that featured a number of different games? Though if made it would likely feature the original "made for movie" games like Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty and not the other games referenced like Q-Bert, Pac-Man, etc.

#11 9 years ago

I'm surprised that no one has mention metroid. metroid prime pinball on the nintendo ds was actually pretty darn good and with samus being able to roll into a ball, it's basically screams 'pinball!'

a tactics style (FF or otherwise) pinball could be really cool as well. shoot something to start a battle (on the dmd) and you have to make a number of lit shots within a specified time frame to dole out the damage. making all of the lit shots and then one extra differently lit shot would allow your character to execute a special attack.

#12 9 years ago

You know, Paperboy is one of those games that I always think of fondly, say that I love, and then if/when I actually play it and die immediately with no way to save or start from anywhere but the beginning I realize that nope, I hate that game.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

You know, Paperboy is one of those games that I always think of fondly, say that I love, and then if/when I actually play it and die immediately with no way to save or start from anywhere but the beginning I realize that nope, I hate that game.

One of those games that can't really be emulated either; just like 720 dammit.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Gottleib's Gladiators was originally going to be Legend of Zelda. Oh well.

Quoted from mwiz:

This guy was making a Castlevania game but he has not updated his blog in awhile.
http://castlevaniapinball.blogspot.com.au/

Always wanted a Castlevania pin and think it would be awesome. Also give everybody the zombie horror pin everyone wants. I wondered why hardly any video game pins are made. As I hardly play the new versions today the classics from back in the day are great. Also would want a Ninja Gaiden pin.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

custom EM with tons of drop targets could be a custom paper boy! Be kinda fun.

#16 9 years ago

Castlevania would be so awesome

#17 9 years ago

The Last of Us when the movie comes out?

#18 9 years ago

Williams Greatest Hits.

Defender
Bubbles
Sinistar
Robotron
Blaster
Joust

oh... thats right. It was already done. Firepower

#21 9 years ago

I'm still voting for Berzerk!!!! Chicken....fight like a robot!!!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from chucktee:

I'm still voting for Berzerk!!!! Chicken....fight like a robot!!!

the designer of Berzerk Alan McNeil also did the software for Stern Meteor

#24 9 years ago

I was messing with a Legend of Zelda Gladiators re-theme (original-theme?) playfield design, but now that you guys said Castlevania I can't stop thinking about how awesome that would be!!

#25 9 years ago

Minecraft would be awesome! Full of possibilities with a Nether and End wizard mode.

#26 9 years ago

Mortal kombat!

#27 9 years ago

Champion Pub is pretty close to this and something different which I like to play from time to time. Great humor.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Stern did BBH a few years ago. I would buy any Nintendo themed game.

They did Rollercoaster Tycoon too...!

#29 9 years ago

Agreed...

My suggestion:

Mass Effect

#30 9 years ago

I had mentioned to jack a while back about getting the Pixar brand for a pin. You would have access to every movie they made to put in one pin. All of them jumbled together...

#31 9 years ago

Mortal Kombat
Bayonetta

#32 9 years ago

Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum!
duke.jpgduke.jpg

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Black Ops 2 was the biggest selling game in history.

Talk about a ridiculous travesty..

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

custom EM with tons of drop targets could be a custom paper boy! Be kinda fun.

I could see an El Dorado or one of it's 80 clones being a Paperboy pin.

*edit* Atlantis would work AWESOME for this too with it's shoot two drops at the same time mechanic...but I couldn't ever bring myself to kill an Atlantis for it.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I had mentioned to jack a while back about getting the Pixar brand for a pin. You would have access to every movie they made to put in one pin. All of them jumbled together...

http://jonnegroni.com/2013/07/11/the-pixar-theory/

#37 9 years ago

Mega Man or Legend of Zelda. I actually think a Mortal Kombat game could be pretty cool too.

#38 9 years ago

I would love to see another Mario game.

#39 9 years ago

Mario Kart 8 is wildly popular too. Could be a cool pin. Would do well on location.

#40 9 years ago

Halo would be kick ass IMO

#41 9 years ago

megaman-531.jpgmegaman-531.jpg

megaman2-54.jpgmegaman2-54.jpg
#42 9 years ago

Capcom Mega Man pinball machines released in Japan in 1992. They each had 6 targets that you hit.

#43 9 years ago

That's insane. A mega man pinball. No matter how simple it might look, that's still pretty damn cool. I wonder if they still exist. Time to do my Yahoo Japan search!

#44 9 years ago

How about one that revolves around the Vectrex console? Black cabinet....white vector line artwork on the playfield, display all in vector lines...

800px-Vectrex-Console-Set.jpg800px-Vectrex-Console-Set.jpg minestorm01.pngminestorm01.png
#45 9 years ago

But there's already two Mario pins!

#46 9 years ago

Dragons-Lair-Front-page-550x330.pngDragons-Lair-Front-page-550x330.png

#47 9 years ago

I think an Atari "Tempest" themed pin would be pretty cool. I can envision the gameplay as a cross between T2 and Hyperball, and the artwork would be killer.

#48 9 years ago

Dragon's Lair would be awesome or a Q Bert. Or just do a Wreck It Ralph and get them all in.

#49 9 years ago

I guess Zelda has taken top spot in the poll.

Man... that would be a badass pinball.

Commmmooooonn Zeelldda pinbaalll!!

LOL

zp1zs.jpgzp1zs.jpg

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I guess Zelda has taken top spot in the poll.
Man... that would be a badass pinball.
Commmmooooonn Zeelldda pinbaalll!!
LOL

zp1zs.jpg 26 KB

Castlevania would be better!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-game-themed-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.