1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EJS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Skulduggery (resized).png
    dragons keep (resized).jpg
    IMG_0139 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2058 (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

Searching for video game pinball takes me down a rabbit hole without finding what I was looking for... a list of the different pinball games made for video game consoles from back in the day.

NES, N64, Sega Genesis, PlayStation, XBox, Wii, PSP... etc.

I was an original Nintendo kid back in the day and back then did not realize they had made six different pinball games. I know them now and picked-up them up years later. I also have a couple for the PSP and Wii and PlayStation. Made me wonder if a list has ever been put together? I'd like to see if there are ones I missed. Would love to hear from others if they can think of some not already mentioned.

The six NES Nintendo pinball games were:

Pinball (which was one of the 30 "black box" launch titles).
    Highspeed
    Pin-bot
    Pinball Quest
    Rock-n-Ball
    Rollerball

The NES Highspeed even had some bizarre video graphic add-ons to the ball like a comet trail similar to how Fox did the comet trail on the puck for their hockey coverage years ago, lol.

Sega Genesis had Virtual Pinball and Sonic the Hedgehog had a pinball portion to it. They also had a couple games called Dragon's Revenge if I'm not mistaken that were pinball themed.

The mainstream one that got a lot of traction for me was when PlayStation and Wii had the Williams Hall of Fame collection. This had Funhouse and Rudy on the cover and I believe is the main predecessor to the later ones like Pinball FX or Zen Pinball that can still be downloaded onto modern consoles.

What others do you remember?

IMG_0139 (resized).JPGIMG_0139 (resized).JPGIMG_2058 (resized).JPGIMG_2058 (resized).JPG
    #3 1 year ago

The Atari Lynx had Pinball Jam featuring EATPM. I put some serious hours on that game on the school bus!

#4 1 year ago

SNES and computes had Timon & Pumbaa's Jungle Games which had a pinball game in it.

#5 1 year ago

I remember playing a LOT of this.

It's like the lovechild of MM and DE:JP

dragons keep (resized).jpgdragons keep (resized).jpg
    #6 1 year ago
    Skulduggery (resized).pngSkulduggery (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-game-console-pinball-titles-over-the-years and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.