(Topic ID: 23002)

Vid1900 picked up my F14 (REPOST. SORRY.)

By MrWizzo

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zippydapinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6078.jpg
POP.jpg
TOPPER.jpg
POPPED.jpg
PLANKING.jpg
LIFTED.jpg
KICKBACK.jpg
MELTED.jpg
JUMPPED-SHIP.jpg
INSERT.jpg
FOAM.jpg
FLIPPER.jpg
FADE.jpg
DOMES.jpg
DECAL.jpg
CRACKED.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anidor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 7 years ago

Quoted from vid1900:one of the flippers does not have the Williams logo on it, but instead a clear cap.

My F14 has the williams logo on all 4 flippers, but mine is also an early production unit (#113 - clear flasher covers on flashers 1-6 and prototype ROMS) so maybe they changed this out for some reason later in the run? ...or perhaps mine was replaced with a logo flipper at some point...

Quoted from vid1900:

Also, the "L" metal is missing from between the screws that keeps the plastic from being smashed by the ball.

Mine is also missing the L-bracket as well, and I didn't even realize it until now. I'm planning a full resto on my F14 this fall (will be my first restoration) and I will make sure to add these back in.

Thanks for the info Vid! I will follow your progress and would definitely appreciate any additional tips/info on this machine that may help with my resto.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Does your blue insert above the pop say "Blue plate special" or "Hot streak"?

Hot streak. I've never heard of the other one... is that indicitive of a really early one or a prototype unit?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The true prototypes I've seen say Blue Plate Special.

Interesting. I'm sure mine is not an actual "prototype" unit, since there were only about 10 of those made and mine doesn't have the 'X' in the serial number, but from what I've read the first 200 or so production units still made use of the "Prototype" ROMs and also are the ones that had the clear flasher domes along the back before they were switched to red. Mine is #95113, which I understand to be the 113th production unit made as I believe the production run started with #95001. Again, this could be wrong, but it's what I've been able to scrape up so far by doing some limited internet research. You may know better than me, however, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I saw one prototype that had a slingshot above the pop bumper - think the game is crazy now? imagine that throwing the ball around too.

Yeah, I would love to play one with that extra slingshot... I can only imagine how nuts that would be!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anidor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside