(Topic ID: 23002)

Vid1900 picked up my F14 (REPOST. SORRY.)

By MrWizzo

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6078.jpg
POP.jpg
TOPPER.jpg
POPPED.jpg
PLANKING.jpg
LIFTED.jpg
KICKBACK.jpg
MELTED.jpg
JUMPPED-SHIP.jpg
INSERT.jpg
FOAM.jpg
FLIPPER.jpg
FADE.jpg
DOMES.jpg
DECAL.jpg
CRACKED.jpg
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

The true prototypes I've seen say Blue Plate Special.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The true prototypes I've seen say Blue Plate Special.

Interesting. I'm sure mine is not an actual "prototype" unit, since there were only about 10 of those made and mine doesn't have the 'X' in the serial number, but from what I've read the first 200 or so production units still made use of the "Prototype" ROMs and also are the ones that had the clear flasher domes along the back before they were switched to red. Mine is #95113, which I understand to be the 113th production unit made as I believe the production run started with #95001. Again, this could be wrong, but it's what I've been able to scrape up so far by doing some limited internet research. You may know better than me, however, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'll have to measure it, but it's probably 1/2" x 1/2" x 3" and maybe 1/16" thick.

Thanks! Don't go out of your way to measure it, unless you happen to have one in your hand. I'm sure it doesn't need to be exact, and your pic gives me enough info to see the placement/size.

I wont be getting to the playfield for another few weeks anyway.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Anidor:

You may know better than me, however, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you are right about all of that.

I saw one prototype that had a slingshot above the pop bumper - think the game is crazy now? imagine that throwing the ball around too.

#55 11 years ago

Can you fix my f14 playfield too if I send it to you?
It looks like shit, and it's one of my favorite games ever.

Is there any way you could put the missing slingshot back above the pop bumper and give me the insert that says "blue plate special"? My game already has the clear light domes in the rear.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I saw one prototype that had a slingshot above the pop bumper - think the game is crazy now? imagine that throwing the ball around too.

Yeah, I would love to play one with that extra slingshot... I can only imagine how nuts that would be!

#57 11 years ago

I wish I had your skill or your eye at these things . . . just reading this thread shows me what i should be looking for in older games.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Yes, PM me your phone # and we can figure things out. It's easier to do a few of the same playfield at the same time.

Quoted from cichlid:

(can you) give me the insert that says "blue plate special"?

Of course I can, but if you are looking to defraud someone by saying this playfield is a prototype, I won't help you.

If I do it for you, I'll make some marking under the playfield that says "Not a Prototype". Fair enough?

Quoted from cichlid:

Is there any way you could put the missing slingshot back above the pop bumper

Maybe. From memory, a standard slingshot needs about 2.75" of clearance. There is a circuit board full of lights pretty close. It is possible that the lights could be converted to standard #44 sockets and room made, but I'll have to look into it.

I'd have to CNC a template and rout out the holes, figure out if there is an unused transistor on the board (or just let it freewheel), figure out if the prototype ROMS have a scoring switch (or let it score off another slingshot)...

It's not undoable, but it will require some thought.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

It looks like shit, and it's one of my favorite games ever.

+1 on mine, if you are gonna do a batch, lets see how many we can get.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

+1 on mine, if you are gonna do a batch

PM me your phone # if you want your playfield done at the same time.

8 years later
#62 3 years ago

Reboot this thread....can someone please point me in the right direction. Looking for detailed. instructions on how to undelete the 2 missing flashers...Thanks!

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Reboot this thread....can someone please point me in the right direction. Looking for detailed. instructions on how to undelete the 2 missing flashers...Thanks!

Try these links

https://images.pinside.com/3/a9/20/3a920adc64fd7009a0d2a232fbfa40417a2bc12a.pdf

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-flashers-in-f-14-tomcat

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/returning-f14-flashers-to-original-design-vids-guide

I used Vids link to fix the factory defaults that caused them to remove the flashers to begin with and also the 1st link was very helpful.

#64 3 years ago

Most excellent. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vid1900-picked-up-my-f14-and-gave-a-good-report-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.