Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by flakeloaf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have been lurking here the past couple weeks trying to decide if I wanted to jump from arcades to pins. The decision was sort of made for me when my neighbor picked up a Mr and Mrs Pacman for me. Playfield and cabinet are beautiful but it's missing the backglass and dead when powered on but for a few hundred $ I told him I would take it.

I currently have 15 arcade machines.
    1. Simpsons Bowling/ World class bowling on a switcher.
    2. Killer instinct running KI1 and KI2 on a switcher
    3. NFL Blitz 99
    4. NBA Jam
    5. TMNT
    6. Simpsons
    7-8. Cruis'n Worldx2 (linked pair)
    9-10. Time Crisis 2 (linked pair well a duel cabinet)
    11. Road Burners
    12. Mortal Kombat 2 (hate the game but my wife loves it)
    13. Carnevil
    14. Mrs PAC/Galaga Reunion machine
    15. 60-1 cabinet
    16. PubTime dart machine
    17. Fireball Skeeball
    Plus a few projects in the garage.

When I first started collecting I was givin a Williams Pharoh in amazing shape but did not always boot so sometimes it was playable and sometimes not. I could not figure it out and was not a modern pin I grew up seeing so I quickly sold it (for $750)and bought more arcade games. I regret selling it now that I realize what a fun a game it was.

So as I figure out what's going on with the PAC pin I have I can't help think with the PAC maze it's a slower playing pin. So I decided that I want a more traditional playing pin.

My kids are throwing a fit but I decided to sell my Carnevil (I know I will regret it being a hard to find game that everyone seems to want) but I have a buyer offering $1000 for it. It hurts thinking about selling it but I don't have much extra funds to just a pin with 4 kids and 1 starting college.

I would love a modern DMD style pin but sadly don't know how I can save $2500+ for one. I have only paid $100-400 for each of my vids and repaired them all. So what is a fun playing modern style pin in the $1000-1500 range. Being new to pins my eyes love ramp,toys and busy playfields (TMNT,Simpsons,rescue 911,Jurassic park,T2, South Park) but know they are not always the best games.

Wow that was long sorry and thanks for any advise

#6 6 years ago

I considered selling more vids but the only game I have that I HATE is Mortal Kombat 2 and my wife will not let me sell that. Every other one I have is something I grew up playing and still play at least weekly. Carnevil is the most fun shooter ever made but the replay value sucks so that's the one I can let go of.

Only other option I can think of is selling my Simpsons cabinet and running it with a switcher in my TMNT cab but the 2 of them look so good next to each other.

I saw your starship troopers and would love to buy it but today I made my son's first college payment and only have the extra $1000 from selling my Carnevil it would take a month or 2 to save the extra fun money to buy it.

#17 6 years ago

So I mentioned a local vid collector I was thinking about pins and gave me leads on a few machines and have been told all are working but need cleaned up.
    Space Invaders $900 has some playfield wear.
    High Speed $800 minor playfield wear
    Baywatch $1300 knows it works but will get me pics if it.
    I am leaning towards the Baywatch but if it truly is working and in decent shape. Figure worst case I don't like it and can always trade for another decent Modern pin.
    What's everyone's opinions?

#25 6 years ago

High speed? High speed Getaway looked better to me but I know High Speed is considered a classic. I thought it was a $1200 game? Baywatch seems to be a $2500 game that if I don't like I can trade up to something like a whirlwind or monopoly.

#35 6 years ago

Thanks for the offer Slim, sadly I SUCK at pinball. I need a couple machines to learn how to play before I embarrass myself in a league.
    I do have plenty of Vids and would gladly host a drinking night.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vid-guy-needs-opinion-about-what-1000-1500-pin-to-get?tu=scar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.